Falling Skies

Zombie and/or other Post-Apocalyptic related movies for us to study and know what not to do.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

silversnake

Re: Falling Skies

Post by silversnake » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:22 pm

oldsoldier wrote:We can head over to Springfield in the afternoon too-they have some great views out there of the Blackstone Valley...
I don't know if you want to go that far. I've heard that's like a 4 hour walk or something. Better to take a nice relaxing stroll to Lawrence. In the middle of the forest there is a little shop that used to sell high explosives, it's right next to that place where they're getting gallons of IV opiates to pump into the kids after they take the harnesses off.

basm
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, Silent Hill, REC (the original version), Resident Evil, The Last Man On Earth, Dawn of the Dead (modern version).

Post by basm » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:50 am

:lol: All the non-locals are scratching their heads.

About Lynn, Mass: "Lynn, Lynn, city of sin, you never go out the way you came in" is the local chorus you hear about it all the time. And Lawrence, well, rent is super cheap there, that's all I'll say.

I can't wait til they all need to go to Revere for something.

Words I want to hear them say in the show: Haverhill, Billerica, Woburn, Medford.

Bring on ep 5!!

oldsoldier
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead got it rolling for me, although, classics like White Zombie are fun to watch as well

Post by oldsoldier » Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:43 am

Leominster, Leicester, Worcester, Lake Chumpananonagowanagog, ah, the list could go on....
Feel free to check out our ZS chapter 022 FB page as well. This can be found here

silversnake

Post by silversnake » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:58 am

I'm waiting for the episode where they need a new supply of fresh water and so decide to take a quick hike to the Quabbin Reservoir which will undoubtedly be depicted as a rectangular cement pond surrounded by a fence. :lol:

JustInCase

Post by JustInCase » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:33 am

I am still on the fence about this show. Right now it seems like a plot looking for a story.
Former member of Uncle Sam’s Misguided Children
Strength and Honor!

http://www.meetup.com/SouthPugetSoundPreppers/

basm
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, Silent Hill, REC (the original version), Resident Evil, The Last Man On Earth, Dawn of the Dead (modern version).

Post by basm » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:38 pm

TNT renews 'Falling Skies' for second season

Good. Going to need to stock up on things to throw at the TV.

oldsoldier
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead got it rolling for me, although, classics like White Zombie are fun to watch as well

Post by oldsoldier » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:09 pm

Still would rather see TWD....at least they shot it in Atlanta....
Feel free to check out our ZS chapter 022 FB page as well. This can be found here

Spiffums
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Spiffums » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:00 pm

I watched the 1st one, but I don't for the life of me see how we get invaded from outer space...... and there are people who AREN'T fighters. We have been attacked by a vastly superior force with tech weapons we can't even imagine and some people just want the army to protect them........... right.

silversnake

Post by silversnake » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:20 pm

My wife thinks they need to relocate the 2nd Mass base of operations to Athol just to hear the characters say the name of the town over and over again. Or, they could go to Peabody....

mr_slappy75
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead

Post by mr_slappy75 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:00 pm

Spiffums wrote:I watched the 1st one, but I don't for the life of me see how we get invaded from outer space...... and there are people who AREN'T fighters. We have been attacked by a vastly superior force with tech weapons we can't even imagine and some people just want the army to protect them........... right.
Yah we spoke at some lenght about that before the DB Crash Spiffums. You are voicing a peeve a lot of us have with this show. I went a bit further than just 'why isn't everyone who can still walk on 2 feet and has full use of their arms a fighter?
IDK if my rant is still around but in short I want to see a more desperate Terminator/BSG or Hell even WWII French Maqui resistance type of effort: Where IF you can't fight, you do your damnest to make sure those who can have everything they need!

I said I wanted to see older guys, maybe tradesmen, mechanics, plumbers or electrician types trying to juryrig the holly crap out of everything. Anybody ever watch the movie "Reign of Fire"? The story is about these survivors of a global er..invasion by formerly dormant dragons -ok I know sucky premise- STILL they did a bang up job of showing how a community of survivors all had assigned jobs. In FS it just feels to me like there are just a small minority doing all the heavy lifting and that things are not too dire...
sigh :? this show really annoys me, because of what it could be. Like I said before after reading the webcomics I keep hoping that they get around to matching the tone and pacing of the show to to the comics.
colinz wrote:
ZS - Where having livestock, land and a good attitude is more desirable than being Size <6, 'ripped', or rich.

I <3 ZS!

TheLastOne
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by TheLastOne » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:20 pm

I just found these for view on the tnt website (finally)

sorry if I missed similar comments lost in the crash, but here are my gripes:

I still want to punch that dude almost as much as Ross from friends.

Aliens must be deaf with the way the characters scream to communicate to each other even when they are trying to e&e

If you have crutches, you get to walk. Really?

they are overplaying the fighter/eater crap as listed above

As a real life chef, I'm going to kick the crap out of whatever writer couldn't even go over to the catering truck to ask a friggin cook for some technical advice on what the prisoner chef should probably say. Lots of mofos put paprika on chicken. It's delicious. And if you poach the crap out of chicken to 'keep it juicy' then there isn't much I can do for you. Go back to ramen. :p

and lastly, after all the fighting and e&e the characters have had to live through, if your first reaction when seeing your remote controlled kid is to stand up and scream at him and then run to get him, I'm probably going to have to leave you there at the least. Wtf. Suspended realism is a difficult thing, but there are times when I wonder what the hell writers are thinking. Knocking the tile off the roof was believable. Hardened patrol guy standing up with aliens all around is rickdickulous.

I'll give it another couple episodes, I like the idea of it.
MF'N Team Leader: Cleveland Steamers 2012
Team Beards&Irons 2013

Fletch
Location: 25,000 light years from the galactic core, spinning at approx. 67,000mph on a tiny rock called Erf

Post by Fletch » Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:26 pm

I'm hating that this show has been picked up for another season, it's amateurish crap that is currently being redeemed by two actors, and that is not enough.
"They want their jobs to be easy, and a policeman's job is easy only in a police state."

yale

Post by yale » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:21 am

Here's what I hope. Many TV series struggle to find their footing in the first season. Actors try to find their characters. Many times you find the first season to be the weak one and by the second season the writers and directors listen to the viewers comments and turn things around for the better. THAT'S what I am hoping for with this series. It's already finished filming the current season. What they have in the can is what we are going to get. It's been picked up for a 2nd season and IF we can somehow get these comments to the writers and directors so that this how can be what we know it should be. They can start working on season 2 with a differnt view and change it for the better. We'll see if that actually happens.
President/Founding member of Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League (LOCAL)
http://www.laopencarry.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

basm

Post by basm » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:56 pm

*snore*

Chris@MTCT

Post by Chris@MTCT » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:05 pm

provided interesting background noise to writing product reviews. face booking and buying ammo.
sigboy40 wrote: I carry around magical kit faeries that keep all my stuff in place. This way I dont lose anything.
Instructor at Milcopp Tactical

CEO of http://movementtocontact.com/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Please also like us on Facebook!

Paladin1

Post by Paladin1 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:13 pm

Well, since they kept opening that freaking huge door you knew it was just a matter of time before someone got grabbed by the skitter.

As mistrustful of skitters as the Dr. was the fact that HE was the one that got grabbed and killed is just mind boggling.

Why would he open the door? Why did he get so close? Just because it was making a new noise? Duh.

I'm not buying the putting on a harness fools them thing either. The skitters use the harness to control and even communicate.

The skitter in the hospital evidently could not count, because it picked up another harnessed kid and evidently the fact that it was not connected and could not communicate with Hal was not a problem either as it squatted over him and started petting him.

But at least they got Ben back, that was getting old.
WWSD?

yale

Post by yale » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:56 am

So how come Ben could wake up after the harness is removed and look up and say "Dad?" but the black kid didn't remember who he was or recognized his father?
And now the doctor gets killed and they still keep the skitter sitting in the cage, alone, with no guard assigned 24/7 to watch over it. Good grief.
I'm not even going to get into the entire dead harness on the back will fool them vs a live glowing harness on the back.
President/Founding member of Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League (LOCAL)
http://www.laopencarry.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

NoAm
ZS Chapter Volunteer
ZS Chapter Volunteer
Favorite Zombie Movies: Contagion, Carriers, Zombieland, Dawn of the Dead, Night of the Living Dead, Resident Evil (s), 28 Days Later, 28 Weeks Later

Post by NoAm » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:21 am

I remember one of the episodes eluding to the fact, that if a skitter is alive, the harnassed kids are somehow still connected to them. If the skitter is dead, they are released. I am pretty sure, that the skitter in the hospital, that had Ben is dead.

My family still continues to watch FS weekly, not for tips and know-how, but for entertainment.
Yes there are many things that could be picked apart and criticized, but this is Hollywood. Just how much could they offer, other than entertainment.
ZSC025 President
Check out this months newsletter To see how to save on food storage
ZS Chapter VolunteerHave questions about starting a chapter?●Want to find other ZS members in your area? Looking for other ZS members to start a chapter with? Check here first New Chapter Coordination Questions or email us at [url=mailto://chapters@zombiehunters.org]chapters@zombiehunters.org[/url]

oldsoldier

Post by oldsoldier » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:43 pm

My theory is that the skitters are females-the harnesses are their children. They are parasitic. to be quite honest, the only thing I am watching the show for is to see the bad ass world conquering aliens-not these weak drones. Hell, even their mechs get under my skin-you can perfect interstellar travel, but you cannot detect a human being hiding 50' from you??? Hell, WE have that technology!!!
The writing is truly amateurish-I am watching it to see SHTF, when the real aliens get angry at us, and start stomping. And, of course, because it takes place in a fictional state of Massachusetts-fictional because none of what is seen on the show could ever exist in this state. They should have said it was NH that got invaded-then, at least, all the firearms & explosives would be believable...

basm

Post by basm » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:04 pm

NoAmnesty wrote:My family still continues to watch FS weekly, not for tips and know-how, but for entertainment.
Yes there are many things that could be picked apart and criticized, but this is Hollywood. Just how much could they offer, other than entertainment.
I'm just looking for coherent storytelling, suspension of disbelief, and a little depth beyond the superficial family drama type stuff. I really am entertained just tearing it apart. Who knew it would be so entertaining? I swear! :D

Paladin1

Post by Paladin1 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:52 pm

NoAmnesty wrote:I remember one of the episodes eluding to the fact, that if a skitter is alive, the harnassed kids are somehow still connected to them. If the skitter is dead, they are released. I am pretty sure, that the skitter in the hospital, that had Ben is dead.
That's a good point. However it also points out that the harness "connects" them to the skitters. And there was Hal, with a dead(?) harness on him, ie not connected, and the skitter couldn't tell? (or count)
WWSD?

Paladin1

Post by Paladin1 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:54 pm

oldsoldier wrote:My theory is that the skitters are females-the harnesses are their children. They are parasitic.
That's a good thought, and may well be true.
WWSD?

Fletch
Location: 25,000 light years from the galactic core, spinning at approx. 67,000mph on a tiny rock called Erf

Post by Fletch » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:58 pm

EDIT: retracted because I slept through a scene :D
"They want their jobs to be easy, and a policeman's job is easy only in a police state."

Chris@MTCT

Post by Chris@MTCT » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:00 pm

UGH! I knew that multi cam wearing son of a whore could not be trusted!!
sigboy40 wrote: I carry around magical kit faeries that keep all my stuff in place. This way I dont lose anything.
Instructor at Milcopp Tactical

CEO of http://movementtocontact.com/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Please also like us on Facebook!

Return to “Zombie Training Films”