Falling Skies

Zombie and/or other Post-Apocalyptic related movies for us to study and know what not to do.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

smokinbunta
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 days/weeks later, dawn of the dead(new version) RE 1, 2 & 3, night of the living dead, zombie land, the walking dead

Re: Falling Skies

Post by smokinbunta » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:09 pm

I don't know about you guys, but I'm ready for tonight's premiere.. :awesome:

DJH
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Walking Dead TV series, anything George Romero

Post by DJH » Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:14 pm

I finally got around to watching the last couple episodes from last season, after they bored the shit out of me with the ones before those.

Have to say, I'm excited as well. Looks like it might pick back up this season.
When I die, bury me 8 feet under, so I'll still be lower than all my friends.

3Fingas
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead (Original and Remake), 28 Days Later - Part Uno
Location: Texas: "Land of Big Open Skies and Freedom-loving Patriots"

Post by 3Fingas » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:38 pm

Seems like the show is improving. I tried to watch it when it first came out and could not get into it. However, after watching the last couple of episodes (vast improvement over earlier shows), I have decided to give it another try.
PEDZ - People for the Efficient Disposal of Zombies
.... It's a dirty job, but someone has got to do it.

I may not have been born in Texas, but I got here
just as fast as I could!

Quick Shot xMLx

Post by Quick Shot xMLx » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:12 pm

I've watched the show since it came out. Like most, I saw that it had potential. I recently decided to watch both seasons over again. I will say that I liked the show the second time more. You can really tell the improvements they made in season 2 over season 1. From the interviews I've seen with the actors it seems that they have raised the quality yet again. We'll see after tonight's episodes but if this season is an improvement over the last one I think it'll be a genuinely great show.

Caenus
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: the ones where people turn into zombies

Post by Caenus » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:56 pm

Watching the premiere...apparently they have a great drywall guy to spruce up the ol HQ, but no one could scrounge up some paint? WTF?
"If guns kill people, then I can blame mispelled words on my pencil." - Larry the Cable Guy

Check out my Zombie Novels!; Phoenix Rising; ...and the sequel: Through the Ashes

Fletch
Location: 25,000 light years from the galactic core, spinning at approx. 67,000mph on a tiny rock called Erf

Post by Fletch » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:34 pm

Is that the best you could come up with to whinge about?

I'm hoping this means the premiere is not so bad....
"They want their jobs to be easy, and a policeman's job is easy only in a police state."

Caenus
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: the ones where people turn into zombies

Post by Caenus » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:53 pm

Well, that and the talking 1 week old baby...
"If guns kill people, then I can blame mispelled words on my pencil." - Larry the Cable Guy

Check out my Zombie Novels!; Phoenix Rising; ...and the sequel: Through the Ashes

Quick Shot xMLx

Post by Quick Shot xMLx » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:07 am

Caenus wrote:Well, that and the talking 1 week old baby...
It's reasonable to assume that the Overlord did something to Tom when he was his captive in the time period between S1-S2. They sort of hinted at this when in the final episode of S2 Karen could tell Anne was pregnant. How would she be able to tell unless the baby is somehow connected to the aliens?

I thought the season premiere was great. It'll be interesting to find out what are the Vohm's endgame. I kind of hope they don't fall in the cliche "they are worse than your current enemy." Obviously they can't be the benevolent helpers they are currently portraying themselves to be but I hope they find something in between.

Fletch
Location: 25,000 light years from the galactic core, spinning at approx. 67,000mph on a tiny rock called Erf

Post by Fletch » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:34 am

Every time they said the talking 'good' aliens name, all I heard was 'grill cheese'

sammich tiem - and what's his name?
"They want their jobs to be easy, and a policeman's job is easy only in a police state."

NamelessStain

Post by NamelessStain » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:59 am

Fletch wrote:Every time they said the talking 'good' aliens name, all I heard was 'grill cheese'

sammich tiem - and what's his name?
My closed captioning interpreted it as "Cochise"
jnathan wrote:Since we lost some posts due to some database work I'll just put this here for posterity.
Q wrote:Buckle up

Whiskey
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Resident Evil Series
Land of the Dead
28 Days/Weeks Later
Zombieland

Post by Whiskey » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:17 am

Cochise, named after the Apache warrior I would imagine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
ZSC:034 Kansas City
Fightin' 34th "Guardians of the Frontier!"

smokinbunta
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 days/weeks later, dawn of the dead(new version) RE 1, 2 & 3, night of the living dead, zombie land, the walking dead

Post by smokinbunta » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:14 pm

Yep.. I think it's so far so good this season. The baby thing I thought was pretty weird.. And they kinda half ass killed a couple minor characters just for extra blood shed it seems.. The "real" president's team is a nice twist.. Howe and Maggie's thing is just weird all over.. cause isn't Maggie like 10+ years older than Howe? And the whole Howe is suddenly crippled thing.. They need to elaborate a bit more..

Sworbeyegib
Favorite Zombie Movies: night of the living dead is what started it all for me

Post by Sworbeyegib » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:02 pm

They are doing the same they did last season, where they jump ahead several months and expect you to fill in the blanks with some of the subtle dialogue they throw in. I'm not complaining, I still really like the show.
**Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't**

yale

Post by yale » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:03 pm

Note to self,
If I need to jump off of a very tall alien construct, make sure to have a big bug alien to land on.

Best line of the show....
"My dad walked back from Keystone. He walked back from Michigan. He'll walk back to Charleston."
President/Founding member of Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League (LOCAL)
http://www.laopencarry.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Whiskey
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Resident Evil Series
Land of the Dead
28 Days/Weeks Later
Zombieland

Post by Whiskey » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:00 am

Definitely a good line.

This weeks episode seems good. Looking forward to the finale. I imagine a twist with Moon Bloodgoods character.

Trying to avoid spoilers while drunk posting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
ZSC:034 Kansas City
Fightin' 34th "Guardians of the Frontier!"

Mall Ninja

Post by Mall Ninja » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:58 pm

I thought this season was the best so far, they certainly went in directions I was expecting. My biggest disappointment with the show so far has been the aliens. When the show started and they introduced the skitters I thought, great! Finally a show with aliens that actually looked alien and had an alien physiology and not just humans in rubber monster suits or rejects from ST:TNG's forehead of the week club. Then they brought in the overlords and then this seasons aliens, who just like humans only uglier. Oh well, its still better than anything on currently showing on SyFy. And I see its been renewed for a 4th season.
Maxim 24: Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a big gun.

DJH
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Walking Dead TV series, anything George Romero

Post by DJH » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:56 pm

I was disappointed that the season finale being named "Brazil" was not a Terry Gilliam reference.

Other than that, yeah, it got better this season.
When I die, bury me 8 feet under, so I'll still be lower than all my friends.

Return to “Zombie Training Films”