"Walking Dead" Cable Series

Zombie and/or other Post-Apocalyptic related movies for us to study and know what not to do.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Gun_Nut_2k1

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by Gun_Nut_2k1 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:06 pm

Rick Shaw wrote:
Gun_Nut_2k1 wrote:Ok dude. I need to see your man card. You know better than admitting emotional content in public. :mrgreen:
it is possible to be manly and emotionally in tuned.
Hard as shit to pull off....but possible
Oh I agree! You just can't do it in public. Well not unless it is During the NA. Or while you hold a dying buddies hand after an unprovoked numerically superior attack by well armed raiders on your redoubt in the Zpaw, which you manage to repel with nothing but said buddy and a katana sword. Then other dudes give you a pass.
GN
Oneswunk wrote:Interesting idea, but I still prefer the feel of wood in my hands.
tarzan wrote:Not a sound argument for having wood, in my opinion.
Tommy Tran wrote:Before I drop hammer on a 'clear' SG I full finger both tubes!

ineffableone
Favorite Zombie Movies: Undead, Dead Alive/Braindead, Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland, 28 days, 28 Weeks Later, I Am Legend, Resident Evil franchise, Serenity (I would call Revers pretty damn zombie), Versus, Black Sheep

Post by ineffableone » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:08 pm

ausher wrote:I am enjoying this season. I like the character development and the suspense of what terminus is all about. My hunch it leads unsuspecting victims to a group of cannabals... the map leading to it looks like a spiders web. Enticing and trapping prey....
Interesting concept of the spider web, I like it. They have made a point of showing the map each time someone gets to it. Making sure to give a long close look each time. I had not made the spider web connection, just seeing it as a circle out from the central point. I did notice the 6 pointed star is the mark for terminus though had no speculation why they used a 6 pointed star. I would point out though the place is pretty much the center of the state so it could look like a spider web just because of having routes to it from every direction. Of course even if it turns out to be some amazing sanctuary as claimed, we all know it wont last. They can't ever be let to get too comfortable and content.

If you look at a map of Georgia it shows Terminus is at Macon Georgia. Not that that means anything really. But interesting that they are being taken to basically the center of the state. So still stuck in Georgia. I for one would consider trying to leave the damn state myself. Maybe head to the Midwest where there are big open areas I can see for miles and a lot less people to worry about becoming zombies.

Of course there is also now the mission to take Eugene to DC. Will Abraham end up going to Terminus to recruit more people? Or will the group meet him later? Will they actually do the mission to DC?
"Once a man has seen society's black underbelly, he can never turn his back on it. Never pretend, like you do, that it doesn't exist"

"None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with ME!"

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:54 pm

Terminus was the original name for Atlanta. But in this case, it does appear to be in Macon. Scott Gimple seems to love him some foreshadowing, such as when Michonne was looking at Macon on her map in 30 Days Without An Accident. :ooh:

whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

gundogs

Post by gundogs » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:37 am

Since the "Terminus" signs are on RR lines I figured it was a major RR intersection

Evan the Diplomat
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead (2004), Savageland

Post by Evan the Diplomat » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:29 pm

?I can't believe I missed the scene where Daryl met up with the marauders! What was I doing in those final minutes? I hope this doesn't mean I'm going to need a catheter to watch TWD!
Priests and cannibals, prehistoric animals
Everybody happy as the dead come home

Big black nemesis, parthenogenesis
No-one move a muscle as the dead come home

Rick Shaw
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Rick Shaw » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:43 am

Daryl dies in two episodes

ausher
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: so far zombieland because i think it accuratly depicts what a zombie could be like. not a dead becoming undead, but an infected human... kinda like a dog with raibies. even tho signs of other survivors were non existant in the movie except for the 4 main characters and bill murray...

Post by ausher » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:14 pm

Rick Shaw wrote:Daryl dies in two episodes
So what your saying is..... he dies in an episode, but kicks deaths ass and comes back the following week to die again so he can give death another beat down?

Rick Shaw
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Rick Shaw » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:44 pm

ausher wrote:
So what your saying is..... he dies in an episode, but kicks deaths ass and comes back the following week to die again so he can give death another beat down?
watch the talking dead with the guy that plays Abraham.
he said Daryl dies in two episodes and then adds I'm just kidding.

I think he let something slip.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:36 pm

ausher wrote:

I first thought it was a game, like "Jim, I can name that tune in two notes!" :crazy:
Rick Shaw wrote:watch the talking dead with the guy that plays Abraham.

I'm not saying he won't die, but........Michael Cudlitz was on the Feb. 23rd episode of Talking Dead. There's been two episodes since then (Mar. 2 & Mar. 9). :ooh:

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

ausher
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: so far zombieland because i think it accuratly depicts what a zombie could be like. not a dead becoming undead, but an infected human... kinda like a dog with raibies. even tho signs of other survivors were non existant in the movie except for the 4 main characters and bill murray...

Post by ausher » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:44 pm

The way i see it is Daryl is an anomaly in the walking dead universe. He shouldn't even exist in it because he was never part of the story line in the comics. You cannot kill what doesnt exist... :crazy:

ineffableone
Favorite Zombie Movies: Undead, Dead Alive/Braindead, Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland, 28 days, 28 Weeks Later, I Am Legend, Resident Evil franchise, Serenity (I would call Revers pretty damn zombie), Versus, Black Sheep

Post by ineffableone » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:12 pm

Rick Shaw wrote:
ausher wrote:

I think it was just a bad joke.

I don't think they have any plans to kill him off anytime soon. They know he is one of the more popular characters and killing him would be disastrous for the franchise. I could see them having Daryl leave or be seperated from the group. Left behind, and written out. But I don't think they will kill him off. And the only way I see those ideas coming up is if Norman starts a Boondock Saints 3 movie and doesn't have time for Walking Dead.

Speaking of I still have not found anything confirming the Talking Dead claim of a Boondock Saints poster in a bed room the episode before Norman was on Talking Dead.

*eta, ahhh I finally found it.

"Once a man has seen society's black underbelly, he can never turn his back on it. Never pretend, like you do, that it doesn't exist"

"None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with ME!"

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

Rick Shaw
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Rick Shaw » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:33 pm

ineffableone wrote:
Rick Shaw wrote:
ausher wrote:

I think it was just a bad joke.

I don't think they have any plans to kill him off anytime soon. They know he is one of the more popular characters and killing him would be disastrous for the franchise. I could see them having Daryl leave or be seperated from the group. Left behind, and written out. But I don't think they will kill him off. And the only way I see those ideas coming up is if Norman starts a Boondock Saints 3 movie and doesn't have time for Walking Dead.

Speaking of I still have not found anything confirming the Talking Dead claim of a Boondock Saints poster in a bed room the episode before Norman was on Talking Dead.

*eta, ahhh I finally found it.

if Daryl dies I riot
Getting my Molotov cocktails ready

ineffableone

Post by ineffableone » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:59 pm

Rick Shaw wrote: if Daryl dies I riot
Yep that is sort of how a lot of fans feel. But it should be pointed out, as of July 2013 they were working on the script for Boondock Saints 3 and developing a TV series for Boondock Saints. If these projects do go through, Norman will be leaving Walking Dead and likely in a huge blaze of of zombie killing glory. He might be able to work around filming the movie, but if the TV series is a go, he will have to leave WD.

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:20 pm

ineffableone wrote:
Rick Shaw wrote: if Daryl dies I riot
Yep that is sort of how a lot of fans feel. But it should be pointed out, as of July 2013 they were working on the script for Boondock Saints 3 and developing a TV series for Boondock Saints. If these projects do go through, Norman will be leaving Walking Dead and likely in a huge blaze of of zombie killing glory. He might be able to work around filming the movie, but if the TV series is a go, he will have to leave WD.
Kirkman and Reedus have signed-on to make the movie "Air". Don't know if it will be a theatrical release or one of those straight-to-DVD deals.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-v ... tar-681394

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:16 pm

I was NOT paying close enough attention to the sneak peek on The Talking Dead (distracted by the gam fest). I thought it was Lizzie & Mika playing around the tree......Not Lizzie and a walker. :ooh:

ineffableone

Post by ineffableone » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:06 pm

Who cares about the kid playing with a zombie. I want to know why someone was using a gas stove when they had a perfectly good wood cook stove? And where did they get the gas for the stove? At this point gas lines should not be working.

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

Boondock
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Boondock » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:10 pm

ineffableone wrote:And where did they get the gas for the stove? At this point gas lines should not be working.
Self-sufficient farm in the country, perhaps? Maybe the burner plate's rigged to a JetBoil canister under the oven? :lol:

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:36 pm

ineffableone wrote:Who cares about the kid playing with a zombie. I want to know why someone was using a gas stove when they had a perfectly good wood cook stove? And where did they get the gas for the stove? At this point gas lines should not be working.
These are called "residential propane tanks":

Whenever you need more, you call your local propane provider and a dude or dudette in a truck like this will show up and refill your tank:

ineffableone

Post by ineffableone » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:49 pm

RickOShea wrote:
ineffableone wrote:Who cares about the kid playing with a zombie. I want to know why someone was using a gas stove when they had a perfectly good wood cook stove? And where did they get the gas for the stove? At this point gas lines should not be working.
These are called "residential propane tanks"
I prefer Boondock's jetboil theory myself :clap:

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

nolongpork

Post by nolongpork » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:19 pm

These dudes live in the basement and handle the gas needs.

kgby13

Post by kgby13 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:03 pm

RickOShea wrote:

Whenever you need more, you call your Strickland Propane and Hank Hill in a truck like this will show up and refill your tank:
Never ask a man where he's from. If he's from Texas, he'll tell you soon enough. If he ain't, don't embarrass him.

DJH
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Walking Dead TV series, anything George Romero

Post by DJH » Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:40 am

When I die, bury me 8 feet under, so I'll still be lower than all my friends.

Rick Shaw
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Rick Shaw » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:52 am

DJH wrote:Image
three time a badass Barbie

dogbane
Favorite Zombie Movies: the usual ones

Post by dogbane » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:19 am

kgby13 wrote:
RickOShea wrote:

Whenever you need more, you call your Strickland Propane and Hank Hill in a truck like this will show up and refill your tank:
Taste the meat, not the charcoal!
Mostly not here anymore.

Return to “Zombie Training Films”