"Walking Dead" Cable Series

Zombie and/or other Post-Apocalyptic related movies for us to study and know what not to do.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Gun_Nut_2k1

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by Gun_Nut_2k1 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:18 pm

Man I never would of thought D-man would have had that much whiny bitch bottled up inside. :mrgreen: I kinda think they might have waited til morning to "burn the house down".
GN
Oneswunk wrote:Interesting idea, but I still prefer the feel of wood in my hands.
tarzan wrote:Not a sound argument for having wood, in my opinion.
Tommy Tran wrote:Before I drop hammer on a 'clear' SG I full finger both tubes!

KnifeStyle

Post by KnifeStyle » Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:22 pm

What was the point of Darryl's big confession about what he did before the PAW? When other characters kept making wild guesses I was wondering if they were joking. Then again I was raised white trash, maybe I'm not the target demographic. Are other viewers supposed to be shocked at Darryl being a drifter?
jamoni wrote:Zombie Squad, the things you have experience with scare me.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:04 pm

Gun_Nut_2k1 wrote:Man I never would of thought D-man would have had that much whiny bitch bottled up inside. :mrgreen:

whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

ineffableone
Favorite Zombie Movies: Undead, Dead Alive/Braindead, Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland, 28 days, 28 Weeks Later, I Am Legend, Resident Evil franchise, Serenity (I would call Revers pretty damn zombie), Versus, Black Sheep

Post by ineffableone » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:14 pm

KnifeStyle wrote:What was the point of Darryl's big confession about what he did before the PAW? When other characters kept making wild guesses I was wondering if they were joking. Then again I was raised white trash, maybe I'm not the target demographic. Are other viewers supposed to be shocked at Darryl being a drifter?
Just my opinion on what the big deal is/was for Daryl to confess what he did. It was to admit to himself what he was, and realize how much he has changed. Daryl pre Zpaw was very different from the current Daryl. But Current Daryl kept returning to thinking of himself in those old terms. Carol did her best to remind him he had changed, and her own change I think helped make him think maybe it is true. But people are often blind to their own changes and often think of themselves in old patterns even when they are no longer true. Look at Rick, he still thinks like a cop more often than not. Still not fully adjusting to the difference of situation or his own changes.
"Once a man has seen society's black underbelly, he can never turn his back on it. Never pretend, like you do, that it doesn't exist"

"None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with ME!"

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:31 pm

Murphman wrote:Did I miss where they found a lighter? Beth had to use the mirror/lens to et a cam pfire started, but when they burnt the cabin ddown, they used a lighter to light up a stack of 100's.
Beth used a match to light the money. It looked like Daryl grabbed several books of matches from a glass bowl sitting next to the cash register in the golf pro shop.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

Maverick299

Post by Maverick299 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:46 pm

Someone has waaaaaay to much time on their hands.

Bad Lip Reading

"Knock, knock"

"Who's there?"

"Why don't you zip it" :clap:
The Devil's always smiling when I pass by.

Browning 35
BANNED
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (2004).
28 Days Later.
Planet Terror.
Dawn of the Dead (1978).
Night of the Living Dead (1968)
Omega Man

Post by Browning 35 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:36 pm

Gun_Nut_2k1 wrote:Man I never would of thought D-man would have had that much whiny bitch bottled up inside. :mrgreen: I kinda think they might have waited til morning to "burn the house down".
Yeah, that episode was a bit touchy feely for me.

Burning the house was a stupid move too even though Darryl pee'd in it. Now they have to sleep in the woods where anyone can walk up on them and they don't even have their hubcap alarm system. :wink:
KnifeStyle wrote:What was the point of Darryl's big confession about what he did before the PAW? When other characters kept making wild guesses I was wondering if they were joking. Then again I was raised white trash, maybe I'm not the target demographic. Are other viewers supposed to be shocked at Darryl being a drifter?
Getting the background was a bit interesting, but I think they overdid it with the sob. Maybe I'm the wrong demographic as well. Other than that it was okay though.

That comedian guest they had on the Talking Dead right after irritated the shit outa me. Ended up turning it, dude took over the whole thing and would not shut up.
Mr. E. Monkey wrote:
Evan the Diplomat wrote:Why do you want to shoot penguins? What did they ever do to you?
It's that smug, superior attitude of theirs, strutting around in their fancy outfits like they're better than everyone else. Yeah, burn in hell, you snobbish bird bastards.

And don't get me started on pandas!

Boondock
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Boondock » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:27 pm

"You're gonna be the last man standing." Think I hear Daryl's doomsday clock ticking.

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, ZombieLand, Dawn of the Dead

Post by majorhavoc » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:33 pm

Its part of a theme developed in the graphic novel. The idea that everyone gets to recreate themselves in the apocalypse. Be someone other than who they were. A lot of what Kirkman explores in TWD is the notion of the two selves: the civilized self and the person that comes out when the rules of society suddenly go away. Who emerges when no one in authority is around to stop you says a lot about your character.

A mild mannered family man becomes the Governor. A respectable attorney/nurturing mother turns into a ninja sword-wielding zombie assassin.

But it turns out that Daryl was nobody before the zombie apocalypse. Just the shiftless little brother of a loser-bigot-drug-addict. So a progression to someone defined is particularly difficult for him. Especially when every time he starts coming out of his shell, good people get killed.

Torching the house in the middle of the night was incredibly stupid. It made absolutely no logical or survival sense. In fact, by rights it should have attracted a herd of walkers and gotten both Daryl and Beth good and dead.

But the house represented Daryl's past. So it made for great visual symbolism to have those two, especially Daryl, flipping it the everlasting bird as it goes up in flames in the darkness of night. Especially to the strains of 'Up The Wolves.'

It was a visually literate way for Daryl to say: 'Fuck who I was. Now I can be the person I want to be.'

This last episode was less about plot/realism and more about symbolism/artistry. I enjoyed it, but the producers are in danger of overdoing it. I've had my fill of peach schnapps and 'Crazy Cheeze'. Time to get the main story back on the rails.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:44 pm

Paladin1

Post by Paladin1 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:51 pm

Question:
"How the hell is Judith a blonde?"

Answer:
Jamie Lannister
WWSD?

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, ZombieLand, Dawn of the Dead

Post by majorhavoc » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:05 pm

Paladin1 wrote:Question:
"How the hell is Judith a blonde?"

Answer:
Jamie Lannister
I was going to say 'recessive genes' but I like your answer better. :crazy:

Caenus
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: the ones where people turn into zombies

Post by Caenus » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:51 pm

Hey, I was blonde until I was 7. Now I'm brown haired (like mom) and dad has (had...now it's shaved because he's grey...hair).

I liked this episode. It was my wife's favorite (Dixon fan). She also thought the comedian on TD was hilarious. It's the after show folks! What do you expect. I especially liked the bird tributes the audience members got to give. I rather think that in syndication this episode will be either overlooked and underplayed, or showcased. I hope showcased because I thought it was a great episode.
"If guns kill people, then I can blame mispelled words on my pencil." - Larry the Cable Guy

Check out my Zombie Novels!; Phoenix Rising; ...and the sequel: Through the Ashes

firerat

Post by firerat » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:51 am

Boondock wrote:"You're gonna be the last man standing." Think I hear Daryl's doomsday clock ticking.
This is my fear.

It's the same thing they did with Herschel before the mid season break. They went into more and more character development and highlights of how great of a guy he really was (like risking his health to help sick people and stating we should die for something) so when his head was lopped off it would hit home even more.

Same thing with T-Dawg. The guy had like 6 lines through 3 seasons, finally starts talking and sharing, then goes bye bye.

I hope I'm reading too much into this.
Caenus wrote:Hey, I was blonde until I was 7.
Me too. Then it went very dark brown.

Then it fell out.... :gonk:
"If someone with multiple personalities threatens suicide, is it a hostage situation?"

-George Carlin

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:02 pm

mbaz73
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead '78
Dawn of the Dead '04
28 Days Later - although not technically a zombie movie

Post by mbaz73 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:11 pm

Most boring episode ever....
BLOG | YOUTUBE

11 Bravo
"If the enemy is in range, so are you."
"If your attack is going too well, you’re walking into an ambush."
"Try to look unimportant; they may be low on ammo."
- Infantry Journal

AUT VIAM INVENIAM AUT FACIAM

raistlin
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Favorite Movie: 28 Days Later. Recent Favorite book series: The Remaining by D.J. Molles.

Post by raistlin » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:17 pm

mbaz73 wrote:Most boring episode ever....
Didn't do much for me either. Seemed more of a fill in episode because the rest of the season narrative has already been plotted and they had to have something, and/or because they have devoted other episodes to other characters since leaving the prison, but not that much to Daryl (they want to keep his fans happy). And Beth has just not been that important to the narrative, nor that interesting, to focus that much attention on. Maybe they are trying to develop her more as a stronger lead character, but that episode was not successful in doing so for me.

So I think they could have achieved the more interesting parts of that character development in about 10 or 15 minutes of another episode.
"This is really every father's dream. Watching his son launch a ballistic missile on his own position."

Evan the Diplomat
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead (2004), Savageland

Post by Evan the Diplomat » Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:41 pm

AMC is replaying the last two episodes of TWD. As much as I wanted to see it over the last season, I really find the emotive Michonne unnerving. Especially when she smiles, it's almost as if she is baring her teeth.
Priests and cannibals, prehistoric animals
Everybody happy as the dead come home

Big black nemesis, parthenogenesis
No-one move a muscle as the dead come home

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:53 pm

Son of Jord

Post by Son of Jord » Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:21 pm

Their "alarm system" in camp is WAY too close to them.

lowjohn19

Post by lowjohn19 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:42 pm

:shock:

Evan the Diplomat
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead (2004), Savageland

Post by Evan the Diplomat » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:11 pm

Legsapalooza on The Talking Dead. Hardly recognized them cleaned, wearing makeup and soft clothes.

I think Sonequa stole Rosita's short shorts.

That sea foam /mint green dress looks great on Lauren. Wanna here her talk more British.
Priests and cannibals, prehistoric animals
Everybody happy as the dead come home

Big black nemesis, parthenogenesis
No-one move a muscle as the dead come home

Paladin1

Post by Paladin1 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:13 pm

Well, I'm pretty disappointed that Daryl lost Beth. I mean really, sets up an alarm system and opens the door without even looking? I mean I know he thought it was the dog, but they knew for a fact that there was someone staying in that house, could have been them for that matter.

If nothing else, they should all have developed the habit of looking, scanning before they do anything!!!

Quite honestly I'm starting to get a little burnt on the wandering around, they would have rallying points, they had been at the prison for a long time and knew the surrounding area. How the hell are they so damn scattered?

I wonder what these new guys who found Daryl are all about? from Terminus?

I am going to predict that the next episodes continue with the wandering and the season finale is they all arrive at terminus.
WWSD?

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:24 pm

Paladin1 wrote:
I wonder what these new guys who found Daryl are all about? from Terminus?
Those are "The Marauders"......The guys that had Rick hiding under the bed.

Return to “Zombie Training Films”