"Walking Dead" Cable Series

Zombie and/or other Post-Apocalyptic related movies for us to study and know what not to do.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Boondock
ZS Member
ZS Member

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by Boondock » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:12 pm

Mikeyboy wrote:… Eugene is a geek … would die if he went it alone. He bumps into Sgt. Ford and the Spanish Chic … smart enough to spin a yarn … gets a free trip and protection.

:wink:

Happy Go Lucky
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, I'll add more as they come to me.....

Post by Happy Go Lucky » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:53 pm

"I was thinking the same thing. I never read the comics but I'm thinking the whole story about him being a doctor with the cure and needing to go to DC is a bunch of BS."

I agree there is something clearly wrong with the "doctor."

When he responded to Glen's question what would he do in DC by saying "It's classified."
My immediate response was -- Classified from who? -- there is practically no one left and clearly rival governments are no longer a concern.
Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. And moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.
Barry Goldwater

Bearcat
Favorite Zombie Movies: Do I have to choose?

Post by Bearcat » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:02 pm

Happy Go Lucky wrote: When he responded to Glen's question what would he do in DC by saying "It's classified."
My immediate response was -- Classified from who? -- there is practically no one left and clearly rival governments are no longer a concern.
That's what I thought. If it's so important to the survival of the human race, wouldn't you want someone else to know in case you died? And where the hell has this guy been that he's still traveling to DC when the zombie apocalypse is in its 3rd year by my calculations? I mean they did say a few weeks ago they lost contact with DC, but if that's the case, why does losing contact necessitate him going to DC when whatever he was doing until then was fine at a remote location?
Meat N' Taters wrote:Death rays, advanced technology or not, no creature wants to be stabbed in their hoo-hoo.
Jvandenhaus wrote:Zombie squad: If you aren't one of us, you wish you were.

Maverick299

Post by Maverick299 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:49 pm

Son of Jord wrote:
Maverick299 wrote:I figured out the secret of surviving a Zpaw for woman. You just gotta be hot.

They should make a "Woman of the Apocalypse" calendar. :lol:
http://womenofarmageddon.com/
:? I was just being facetious, but of course someone out there thought that was a good idea........ :roll:
The Devil's always smiling when I pass by.

KnifeStyle

Post by KnifeStyle » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:04 pm

The first time Eugene spoke, I instantly thought they were trying to portray Aspergers. His later statements seem to reflect that as well. They're using a very distinctive vocal pattern, movement style, and personality for him. The way he went for the rifle and how he was shooting seemed to imply he's not panicking or flinching, he just saw it as a problem to solve and it didn't pan out because of a variable factor. Combine that with the Sergeant who is definitely wishing to relive his glory days where he was in-control of his life, very intriguing group. Except for the Daisy Dukes girl. Really?
jamoni wrote:Zombie Squad, the things you have experience with scare me.

cricketdave
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by cricketdave » Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:45 pm

The Paw world always needs more daisy duke girls....they make for at least a more interesting thing to look at.
ZS#4545

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:19 pm

whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

jor-el

Post by jor-el » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:13 pm

My son, you will travel far, but never be alone, for I am with you, my M14 and battle axe comfort you.

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, ZombieLand, Dawn of the Dead

Post by majorhavoc » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:32 pm

KnifeStyle wrote:The first time Eugene spoke, I instantly thought they were trying to portray Aspergers.
Thank you. I had exactly the same reaction. Exactly. I hope they run with that; that would be a very interesting angle to pursue.

I have read the graphic novels but won't potentially spoil Eugene's role for anyone. I say 'potentially' because the TV series has amply demonstrated that the GN is not canon.

And for the record: Rosita isn't hot. She's smokin' hot.

This was the first installment since the mid-season premiere that I've really gotten into from start to finish. Some really well done development of Michonne's character through her interactions with Carl. And that cat and mouse sequence with Rick and the hunters was as tense and well done as anything I've seen since season one.

Glenn rises in my esteem with each passing season.

I wonder what's at the end of that rail line? Douglas, Jesus or Negan? <shudder>

Kommander

Post by Kommander » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:09 pm

I want to thank Rosita for showing us all how a true survivor of a zombie apocalypse should dress. I have sold all my armor and will now greet the end times with nothing but daisy dukes and a crop top.

*sigh*

I had thought that this show was trying, at least by Hollywood standards, to be realistic. Then zombie apocalypse barbie showed up. She....she looks like a video game character. Perhaps she was doing some cosplay at Dragon Con when the shit hit the fan or somthing.
Why must all the hoops be on fire?

ineffableone
Favorite Zombie Movies: Undead, Dead Alive/Braindead, Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland, 28 days, 28 Weeks Later, I Am Legend, Resident Evil franchise, Serenity (I would call Revers pretty damn zombie), Versus, Black Sheep

Post by ineffableone » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:26 pm

Kommander wrote:I want to thank Rosita for showing us all how a true survivor of a zombie apocalypse should dress. I have sold all my armor and will now greet the end times with nothing but daisy dukes and a crop top.

*sigh*

I had thought that this show was trying, at least by Hollywood standards, to be realistic. Then zombie apocalypse barbie showed up. She....she looks like a video game character. Perhaps she was doing some cosplay at Dragon Con when the shit hit the fan or somthing.
Or maybe she just thinks Georgia is hot and humid so dressed for summer?
"Once a man has seen society's black underbelly, he can never turn his back on it. Never pretend, like you do, that it doesn't exist"

"None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with ME!"

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:07 pm

Did anyone else notice what was said after the dude that Rick choked in the bathroom reanimated?

Rick was hiding outside, about to shoot the guy that was sitting on the porch, when you hear a walker moaning inside (presumably the guy that Rick strangled in the bathroom)......Then you hear the sounds of a commotion inside.....and then a guy starts yelling.

Closed captioning read it as "Get her, get her!", then "Kill her, kill her!"

I know that they switched the episode air dates. Last night's episode was originally supposed to air next week, and next week's last night. Next week's episode looks to be a Beth & Daryl-centric one......So now I'm wondering if the "Get her...Kill her" thing may have something to do with Beth?

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

Stab74

Post by Stab74 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:17 pm

More exotic full auto foreign military small arms! Man this show must have a gold club members card at 1980's Discount Movie Guns Warehouse. Glad Rick got Chuck Norris's favorite smg, shouldn't have to reload it. That would explain why the bandit carrying it didn't have any extra mags I guess. :D
"As previously stated, we want to avoid discussions of illegal activities on this forum, but at the same time we do not want to completely stifle discussion." - Doctor Jest, Moderator

Mod clarification on what constitutes discussion of illegal activities

feedthedog

Post by feedthedog » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:33 pm

Stab74 wrote:More exotic full auto foreign military small arms! Man this show must have a gold club members card at 1980's Discount Movie Guns Warehouse. Glad Rick got Chuck Norris's favorite smg, shouldn't have to reload it. That would explain why the bandit carrying it didn't have any extra mags I guess. :D
I was just joking about that tonight. Great firearms line up going on this season. They must have raided Mr. T's van

Cargosquid

Post by Cargosquid » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:44 pm

Stab74 wrote:More exotic full auto foreign military small arms! Man this show must have a gold club members card at 1980's Discount Movie Guns Warehouse. Glad Rick got Chuck Norris's favorite smg, shouldn't have to reload it. That would explain why the bandit carrying it didn't have any extra mags I guess. :D

For that matter, where's Rick and Carl keeping all that 9mm and .357 magnum at? I mean...they just escaped with only the clothes on their backs. And we never see them actually looking for things. The three of them are in that neighborhood where they rejoined each other.....and DON'T ransack every house? There seems to be very little walker activity there.

Yes....I know....I know....

But sometimes the writers should at least TRY....

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:52 pm

Cargosquid wrote:

For that matter, where's Rick and Carl keeping all that 9mm and .357 magnum at? I mean...they just escaped with only the clothes on their backs. And we never see them actually looking for things. The three of them are in that neighborhood where they rejoined each other.....and DON'T ransack every house? There seems to be very little walker activity there.

I believe that Carl is out of ammo, hence why he grabbed the Python when he thought Rick had died & turned a couple episodes back, and why Rick handed him the Python when Carl & Michonne left to start ransacking.....scavenging at the other houses on the street.

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, ZombieLand, Dawn of the Dead

Post by majorhavoc » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:00 am

Cargosquid wrote:
where's Rick and Carl keeping all that 9mm and .357 magnum at? I mean...they just escaped with only the clothes on their backs. And we never see them actually looking for things. The three of them are in that neighborhood where they rejoined each other.....and DON'T ransack every house? There seems to be very little walker activity there.

Not sure what you mean by never seeing them actually looking for things. I thought that was the whole point of Carl and Michonne setting out on the supply run. Didn't she say something like "We're looking for food, ammo and batteries, in that order."

And I interpreted Rick giving his .357 to his son when he and Michonne set out as meaning that Carl had used up all his ammo in last week's episode, rendering the 9mm useless.

I actually found that pretty realistic: they were down to one functioning firearm and Rick's decision to lend out his hand cannon proved to be rather fateful. Seeing how he was totally unarmed when the hunters showed up.

Kommander

Post by Kommander » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:30 am

ineffableone wrote:Or maybe she just thinks Georgia is hot and humid so dressed for summer?
I considered this but then why is no one else dressed like her? I've dealt with some bad heat and humidity and would still prefer pants in this kind of situation. I suppose it comes from them wanting to have the character look how she did in the comics.
Why must all the hoops be on fire?

Caenus
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: the ones where people turn into zombies

Post by Caenus » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:31 am

Kommander wrote:I want to thank Rosita for showing us all how a true survivor of a zombie apocalypse should dress. I have sold all my armor and will now greet the end times with nothing but daisy dukes and a crop top.

*sigh*

Kommander, I've personally seen you wear a tactical kilt (bet you are right now) so don't give me that "Hollywood standards BS" you sexy bastard!
"If guns kill people, then I can blame mispelled words on my pencil." - Larry the Cable Guy

Check out my Zombie Novels!; Phoenix Rising; ...and the sequel: Through the Ashes

Browning 35
BANNED
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (2004).
28 Days Later.
Planet Terror.
Dawn of the Dead (1978).
Night of the Living Dead (1968)
Omega Man

Post by Browning 35 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:54 am

I saw him loaning out the Python. Figured the kids gun is empty.

Michone must know that. Why didn't she scavenge that pink kids room when she found that lady and her kids where the lady killed them/herself? She had a gun. Probably ammo somewhere in that room or house too. Also could have grabbed that gun in the suicide corpses hands.

Even just one extra round is one extra round they didn't have before. Look at wrapped up artwork, ignore revolver.
Mr. E. Monkey wrote:
Evan the Diplomat wrote:Why do you want to shoot penguins? What did they ever do to you?
It's that smug, superior attitude of theirs, strutting around in their fancy outfits like they're better than everyone else. Yeah, burn in hell, you snobbish bird bastards.

And don't get me started on pandas!

Mikeyboy

Post by Mikeyboy » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:29 am

KnifeStyle wrote:The first time Eugene spoke, I instantly thought they were trying to portray Aspergers. His later statements seem to reflect that as well. They're using a very distinctive vocal pattern, movement style, and personality for him. The way he went for the rifle and how he was shooting seemed to imply he's not panicking or flinching, he just saw it as a problem to solve and it didn't pan out because of a variable factor. Combine that with the Sergeant who is definitely wishing to relive his glory days where he was in-control of his life, very intriguing group. Except for the Daisy Dukes girl. Really?
+1 on the Aspergers, but that could make him a legit doctor and genius. I know a few guys with Aspergers that are very, very smart but they are a bit clumsy (fumbling with the AR) and are socially awkward and say "inappropriate" things (I'm smarter than you).

In watching the Talking Dead, they said they tried to match the look to the comics and Rosita look and even the choice of guns is exact. I hope its just an homage to the Graphic novel fans and not a long term thing. Not that I don't mind seeing some skin, she is hot, but I hate for the TV show to get too campy and unrealistic.

dogbane
Favorite Zombie Movies: the usual ones

Post by dogbane » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:38 am

RickOShea wrote:Image
1. She's so clean. Where is the sweat and grime? Who does their laundry?

2. That's a lot of skin showing. No protection from biters at all. Might as well run around nekkid.

3. She would be showing even more skin if she weren't so model-thin. Where's the rangy muscle that three years of PAW living would bring?

4. Those hoop earrings are bound to snag on some shit. She should have shredded earlobes by now.

5. She's pretty, but also pretty ridiculous.

ETA: 6. No scratches, bruises or scars. She's had an easy PAW life so far.
Mostly not here anymore.

feedthedog

Post by feedthedog » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:52 am

Zombies or no zombies if this is South Georgia in summer, I'm wearing shorts and a cut off t-shirt.

KnifeStyle

Post by KnifeStyle » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:02 am

She's also apparently had time to shave her legs.

I agree that Eugene could indeed be a gifted scientist, Aspie status would only increase the odds of that. While I was working as a counselor at a college I kept seeing top-shelf scholars who suffered from the same symptoms, particularly in the hard science fields where interaction wasn't necessary. I'm honestly pretty excited that this is being portrayed both because it gives exposure to the status, which I do not consider a handicap, and also is an interesting reflection point when it comes to how some individuals have to react to emergencies.

Googling it, apparently the actor who plays Milton in Season 3 was attempting to appear to be on the autistic spectrum, albeit it only shows in his philosophies and subtle social cues. High functioning Aspergers can seem completely mainstream, except for a few small cues such as being less empathic or fixation on a field. Milton portrays this subtle form while Eugene seems to be the more distinctive type in which it's both noticeable and affects everyday functioning. Milton was unable to grasp that his experiments could be as dangerous as they were because he had not seen direct evidence thus far, but was still taking relative precautions. Eugene meanwhile attempts to solve a problem and doesn't grasp critical factors such as his physical ability, the group's dynamic, his relative safety, and the priorities of their resources.
jamoni wrote:Zombie Squad, the things you have experience with scare me.

Return to “Zombie Training Films”