"Walking Dead" Cable Series

Zombie and/or other Post-Apocalyptic related movies for us to study and know what not to do.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by RickOShea » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:34 pm

“Fear The Walking Dead” Promo Will Air After “The Walking Dead” Season Finale:

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/33377 ... son-finale
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:43 pm

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:00 pm

THE WALKING DEAD’s Corey Brill (Pete) Sings "The Ballad of Porchdick":

http://nerdist.com/the-walking-dead-cor ... porchdick/

ineffableone
Favorite Zombie Movies: Undead, Dead Alive/Braindead, Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland, 28 days, 28 Weeks Later, I Am Legend, Resident Evil franchise, Serenity (I would call Revers pretty damn zombie), Versus, Black Sheep

Post by ineffableone » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:35 pm

RickOShea wrote:THE WALKING DEAD’s Corey Brill (Pete) Sings "The Ballad of Porchdick":

LOL, that was a lot funnier than I expected, thanks for the laugh and smile this morning.
"Once a man has seen society's black underbelly, he can never turn his back on it. Never pretend, like you do, that it doesn't exist"

"None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with ME!"

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

SCBrian

Post by SCBrian » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:21 pm

RickOShea wrote:THE WALKING DEAD’s Corey Brill (Pete) Sings "The Ballad of Porchdick":

LMFAO
:clap:
I tilt at Windmills
BattleVersion wrote:For my Family?...Burn down the world, sure... But, I'm also willing to carry it on my shoulders.
raptor wrote:...I am allergic to bullets;I break out in blood.
jnathan wrote:... you can choke on my Hebrew National.

Evan the Diplomat
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead (2004), Savageland

Post by Evan the Diplomat » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:27 am

That's a guy who knows how to make lemonade from lemons.

Career survival indeed.
Priests and cannibals, prehistoric animals
Everybody happy as the dead come home

Big black nemesis, parthenogenesis
No-one move a muscle as the dead come home

KnifeStyle

Post by KnifeStyle » Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:29 pm

Halfway through last week's episode, I'm actually starting to feel the writing needs work. This guy on the porch has been the most two-dimensional character to date. He's a surgeon, supposedly, but talks like he's drunk 24/7. He just hangs around being taunting and cocky asking to get killed. He's never even shown helping Tara despite everyone citing it constantly. The rest seems solid and is still engaging, but this guy has made for five total minutes of screen time without any development.
"Hi. I'm the bad guy. Rawr."
jamoni wrote:Zombie Squad, the things you have experience with scare me.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:47 pm

KnifeStyle wrote:Halfway through last week's episode, I'm actually starting to feel the writing needs work. This guy on the porch has been the most two-dimensional character to date. He's a surgeon, supposedly, but talks like he's drunk 24/7. He just hangs around being taunting and cocky asking to get killed. He's never even shown helping Tara despite everyone citing it constantly Huh?. The rest seems solid and is still engaging, but this guy has made for five total minutes of screen time without any development.
"Hi. I'm the bad guy. Rawr."
LOL......Wut?

Pete likes to nurse a near constant buzz, torment his family, and do at least 6 performances a week of his one-man off-Broadway show "Porchdick".....I'd say he's gotten way more development than the average redshirt. :crazy:

KnifeStyle

Post by KnifeStyle » Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:32 pm

At least three people last episode made it clear he is somehow saving Tara after her injury. But this was never really shown or expounded on. Not that I don't love porchdick, he just shouldn't be a main plot point.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:03 pm

KnifeStyle wrote:At least three people last episode made it clear he is somehow saving Tara after her injury. But this was never really shown or expounded on. Not that I don't love porchdick, he just shouldn't be a main plot point.
Don't worry, it'll all work itself out tonight.

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, ZombieLand, Dawn of the Dead

Post by majorhavoc » Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:30 pm

Law of narrative economy. If it satisfies the needs of the story to merely say that Dr. PD is saving Tara rather than actually showing him doing so, then it frees the producers to use that valuable screen time on something else.

Dr. PD is an important plot point because he was an important plot point in the graphic novel, which in this particular instance the show seems to be tracking closely.

An interesting twist would be to have Rick do something that successfully gets PD out of the picture, and then live to regret that choice when baby Judith gets desperately ill. That's just the kind of bad juju TWD likes to serve up when we least expect it.

KnifeStyle

Post by KnifeStyle » Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:50 pm

I want to meet this guy at a convention and refuse to call him anything but Porchdick.

ppfd
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the living dead! What else!

Post by ppfd » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:09 pm

MORGAN!! :clap:

Evan the Diplomat

Post by Evan the Diplomat » Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:49 pm

That was the fastest 90 minutes I've sat through in a looong time.

"The wolves" self-mutilate to show fealty to their tribe, are the zombies sporting the 23rd letter of the alphabet victims of the wolves or members who didn't make the cut? Who is hacking the W zombies? Enemies of the wolves? Or are they active members who got killed and later turned?

The guy in the red poncho didn't seem to have the mark, was he trying to earn his way into the wolves or an "unmarked" wolf to draw in new victims?

I was suspecting some sort of booby trap at the food distribution, but four truck loads of zombies was off the hook.

I had predicted Nicholas shooting Glenn and I was really worried that Glenn was going to meet an ignominious end at the incisors of walkers. In a weird way I'm glad that Glenn didn't smoke that rat Nicholas. He certainly had it coming, and I think that Glenn would have killed him earlier, but I'm really impressed that while tracking down Nick's slime trail.

I felt sorry that Rick had to kill Pete and I really dislike the fact that Deanna gave the order after Pete has exsanguinated her husband. That blurs the line between Dianna assuming true leadership and making hard choices with simple revenge for the loss of her spouse and chief urban planner.

I don't think that Zen Morgan was too happy seeing Rick execute Pete. Goes against the "all life is precious" ethos and Rick was drenched in blood compared to their previous encounters when he was relatively clean and pressed.

Dislike like that The Talking Dead is turning into Let's Make A Deal with bizarre Skype guests and audience members in Costume. Ugh.

Lots more bubbling in my noggin. Loved the breakfast defector ad. Don't know how I feel about a geriatric terminator.
Last edited by Evan the Diplomat on Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Paladin1

Post by Paladin1 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:46 pm

Well, I'm shocked there was no major death. We all new Porchdick was going down, but I thought for sure there was going to be a 1st tier character going down.

Lots of story lines going on, looks like the Alexandria people may have turned a corner, at least Deanna did.

About the only thing that pissed me off was Glenn going out after Nicolas, why!? Let the idiot go over the wall. And how did Nicolas get Ricks stash gun in the first place?

And then NOT to kill him? I know Glenn is not Rick, but this dude has gotten people killed, will screw others in a minute, will lie, and now attempted murder. Sorry, that's just too much. It's dangerous enough now, you can't bring someone like that back into the town. You're endangering others and that's not right.

All the build up about the wolves, so far we've seen a grand total of two, that's the big threat? Has to be more.
WWSD?

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:31 pm

- Looks like the big bad wolf got little Red Riding Hood.....err.....red poncho guy. :ooh:

- New Morgan reminds me of Caine from Kung Fu.

- IIRC, Glenn never had to kill a human in the comics.....guess the TV version will end-up doing the same.

yossarian
Favorite Zombie Movies: Army of Darkness, Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead(remake)

Post by yossarian » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:55 pm

Paladin1 wrote:

And then NOT to kill him? I know Glenn is not Rick, but this dude has gotten people killed, will screw others in a minute, will lie, and now attempted murder. Sorry, that's just too much. It's dangerous enough now, you can't bring someone like that back into the town. You're endangering others and that's not right.
Not killing Nicholas, or Gabriel for that matter, showed that they still had mercy. Something the rest of the world is lacking. It showed that they aren't the ones to fear.
Paladin1 wrote: All the build up about the wolves, so far we've seen a grand total of two, that's the big threat? Has to be more.
If the wolves are the ones they exiled, as has been speculated, then there are only three. Two men and a woman. I might be wrong but it seemed like the guy at the campfire had a big "W" while the walkers all had a smaller "W".
" So, brave knights,
if you do doubt your courage or your strength, come no further,
for death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth."

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:00 am

Whelp, kinda disappointed in the spin-off promo. I know they've only filmed the pilot episode so far, but I was hoping for a little more.

Evan the Diplomat

Post by Evan the Diplomat » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:10 am

RickOShea wrote:Whelp, kinda disappointed in the spin-off promo. I know they've only filmed the pilot episode so far, but I was hoping for a little more.
Indeed, I could have done the same thing with an iPhone and my "radio voice" in about 15 minutes. Show us a character, feed up a tagline, a glimpse of a big set piece.

ineffableone
Favorite Zombie Movies: Undead, Dead Alive/Braindead, Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland, 28 days, 28 Weeks Later, I Am Legend, Resident Evil franchise, Serenity (I would call Revers pretty damn zombie), Versus, Black Sheep

Post by ineffableone » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:08 am

Evan the Diplomat wrote:That was the fastest 90 minutes I've sat through in a looong time.
I know right. I finished watching it and was like, what it is over it can't be that wasn't 90 min,,, oh guess it was. Ok.

Good episode. I was surprised no major cast was killed off. But also glad.

Really nice to see Morgan back. Looks like he will be getting more time too when the season returns now that he has caught up.

It is going to be a long summer waiting for the return.
"Once a man has seen society's black underbelly, he can never turn his back on it. Never pretend, like you do, that it doesn't exist"

"None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with ME!"

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Post by Halfapint » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:10 am

Can't believe no major players died.... Especially after those bastard producers said there was going to be "some sad losses"
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Post by Halfapint » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:13 am

also am I the only one who thinks that Rick didn't actually kill the Pete (the wife beater), I personally think he killed Reg....... It would go with the above "mercy" theme. Just my thought
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

ineffableone

Post by ineffableone » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:15 am

Halfapint wrote:also am I the only one who thinks that Rick didn't actually kill the Pete (the wife beater), I personally think he killed Reg....... It would go with the above "mercy" theme. Just my thought
He definitely turned toward Pete and fired. So I don't think he gave Reg mercy. Though he should need to do that too. But I don't think the town was ready for that part yet.

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

ineffableone

Post by ineffableone » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:29 am

Something I don't understand is how Daryl was not alerted to the booby trap at the cannery. I saw cans hanging from string or something on the trailers as they were walking up between the trailers they passed right by them. Daryl who had used such cans on string to set up perimeter alarms should have at least recognized them and questioned what was going on there at the cannery.

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

Return to “Zombie Training Films”