"Walking Dead" Cable Series

Zombie and/or other Post-Apocalyptic related movies for us to study and know what not to do.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by RickOShea » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:05 am

I doubt they'll change things up to that extent......Rick will eye-f*ck Pete, there will be a confrontation between the two of them (that's probably what everyone is running towards in the preview)....and then there will be a second confrontation between Rick and Deanna over the situation.
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

AfleetAlex
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Walking Dead

Post by AfleetAlex » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:24 am

Is it Sunday yet? :clownshoes:
Come with me if you want to live.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:44 am

Talking Dead is supposed to have Yvette Nicole Brown, Gale Anne Hurd, and Chandler Riggs.

IIRC, this will be "Carl's" first time on the show....other than one episode where he called in on the phone for a couple of minutes.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

Paladin1

Post by Paladin1 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:53 pm

RickOShea wrote:
IIRC, this will be "Carl's" first time on the show....other than one episode where he called in on the phone for a couple of minutes.
Doomed?
WWSD?

ineffableone
Favorite Zombie Movies: Undead, Dead Alive/Braindead, Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland, 28 days, 28 Weeks Later, I Am Legend, Resident Evil franchise, Serenity (I would call Revers pretty damn zombie), Versus, Black Sheep

Post by ineffableone » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:14 pm

AfleetAlex wrote:Is it Sunday yet? :clownshoes:
I know right. Though we are running out of episodes and soon will have the summer to fiend for more WD. Though at least this year we will have the new WD spin off to tide us over that is supposed to come out this summer.
"Once a man has seen society's black underbelly, he can never turn his back on it. Never pretend, like you do, that it doesn't exist"

"None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with ME!"

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

Iowa_guy
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland

Post by Iowa_guy » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:39 am

ineffableone wrote:
AfleetAlex wrote:Is it Sunday yet? :clownshoes:
I know right. Though we are running out of episodes and soon will have the summer to fiend for more WD. Though at least this year we will have the new WD spin off to tide us over that is supposed to come out this summer.
Totally different show but the wife and I plan to binge Breaking Bad this summer between the WD spin-off.

My son is getting caught up on The Walking Dead so it is nice to rewatch things and laugh at certain parts.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:15 pm

Last edited by RickOShea on Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Evan the Diplomat
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead (2004), Savageland

Post by Evan the Diplomat » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:55 pm

Glenn is going to get shot by Nicholas. I have no reason why, but it is just a feeling.

Rick has gone off the rails. waving that gun around with his face covered in blood is not helpful. I was not expecting to Michonne to cold cock Rick. Interesting that she was wearing he uniform. Last week gave us the misdirection that she was laying down her uniform.

Chandler need a hair cut. That has me thinking, given the lack of hair care products, wouldn't it be more sensible for ZPAW survivors to keep their hair short?

What about a divorce and a restraining order. I know too sensible .

I didnt quite catch Aiden's deathbed confession. Did he say "The other four, we ran"
Priests and cannibals, prehistoric animals
Everybody happy as the dead come home

Big black nemesis, parthenogenesis
No-one move a muscle as the dead come home

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:01 pm

Evan the Diplomat wrote:I didnt quite catch Aiden's deathbed confession. Did he say "The other four, we ran"
When Glenn first met Aiden, he said they had just recently lost for people on a run....because they (the four people) panicked and ran.

His later death confession to Glenn was that it was actually he & Nicolas who panicked and ran....and that was the real reason why the four others died.

Evan the Diplomat

Post by Evan the Diplomat » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:08 pm

That is what I suspected. Thanks.

fieryduck

Post by fieryduck » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:10 pm

I suspect that all of these little group conflicts are going to be pushed to the side lines whenever whatever group that is butchering people outside the walls and carving "W"s comes rolling in. That town is woefully inadequately prepared to deal with raiders / living people. The population is unarmed. All it would take is a large truck smashing through the gates and armed raiders pouring in to seize that town by force.

Paladin1

Post by Paladin1 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:14 pm

OK. Rick took a cab back to crazy town.

I felt his grave side conversation w/ Deanna was totally off key. He understands that these people are soft and don't think like he does. To tell Deanna that they should kill Porch Dick for beating his wife just shows her he is not to be trusted.

Carol is just as hard as Rick, but is "managing it" and dealing with the townies the smart way. Rick is undermining his own plans. He started off playing their game and while planning his own moves. Now he is just a crazy man with a gun in everyone's eyes.

If Deanna banishes Rick, who's staying and who's leaving? I'll guess that Rick may leave to spare the rest, then the Wolves attack and he comes back in to save the day as they get overrun.

Based on the surprise guest announced on Talking Dead, someone is going to die next week. I have been thinking Sasha was on her way out for the last two episodes, what's the consensus?
WWSD?

Evan the Diplomat

Post by Evan the Diplomat » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:26 pm

Maybe they are not Ws, what if Morgan has had a psychotic break and is carving upside down Ms..

gunsandrockets
Favorite Zombie Movies: 1979 Dawn of the Dead
Sean of the Dead
Return of the Living Dead
Zombieland
The Walking Dead

Post by gunsandrockets » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:34 am

Death Pool

Until Noah was killed, my betting in the death pool favored Sasha or Carol as the next to die. But now? With just one episode left in the season? Now I'm thinking the show runners are going to surprise us by not killing anyone from Rick's group. Besides, if they do kill Sasha that will make four black characters killed in a single season of the Walking Dead. Some might take that the wrong way.

I think the fatality level this season is already high enough with the loss of Bob and Beth and Tyreese and Noah. If the shows keeps up the same rate of deaths next season, which four characters will we lose next from Rick's group?
I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

gunsandrockets
Favorite Zombie Movies: 1979 Dawn of the Dead
Sean of the Dead
Return of the Living Dead
Zombieland
The Walking Dead

Post by gunsandrockets » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:39 am

Enid's egg-timer zombie decoy

Yes! Finally someone is displaying some tactical ingenuity. We haven't seen anything so clever since the zombie traps in the episode "clear".
I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

CarolinaPeach
Favorite Zombie Movies: I was hoping it would be "World War Z" but I don't think that's going to happen. So, in order: Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Shaun of the Dead and Zombieland...so far.

Post by CarolinaPeach » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:58 am

It may be a misdirection but it does look like Nicholas is planning to get rid of Glenn. He really worked hard at convincing Deanna that it was all the other group's fault that they lost Aiden and Noah and Tara was injured. Although, I'm curious as to why Deanna didn't formally interview everyone so she could compare stories. That would have seemed the logical thing to have done.

Rick let his instincts seriously override his brain with that confrontation and subsequent brawl. He's right in that it's dangerous to continue to allow Pete to beat up his wife, which is exactly what Deanna was doing. She knew about it, as did others probably, but they all consciously chose to look the other way because Pete's a surgeon so they counted him more valuable to the group than his wife. Even if she tries to gloss over that fact, she's not being honest because that's the message. He's a surgeon so he gets a pass on the domestic violence. They're lucky that he hasn't already decided he needed and deserved more wives, more beer, more of everything, than anyone else because he's The Surgeon and the survival of the group depends on him. If Jessie had ever tried to leave him, I wonder if they would have helped and protected her?

One thing I sure wish they'd stop doing is clonking one another over the head like that and not expecting there to be eventual permanent damage. Tara's laid up with a head injury but it's perfectly okay for Michonne to crack Rick in the head. Maybe in their world of TWD, nobody wears football helmets either.

When Enid tossed the egg timer to distract that walker, I was wondering if the noise would bring even more. Maybe that wasn't what caused that mini-stampede but it did make me wonder if it was going to actually attract others.

Peach

dogbane
Favorite Zombie Movies: the usual ones

Post by dogbane » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:39 am

It was a good, tense episode, but I had the same problem I have had throughout the series with the fact that just a little communication would go a long way towards clearing up misunderstandings. But then there would be no drama.
Mostly not here anymore.

Mikeyboy

Post by Mikeyboy » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:58 am

Paladin1 wrote:OK. Rick took a cab back to crazy town.

I felt his grave side conversation w/ Deanna was totally off key. He understands that these people are soft and don't think like he does. To tell Deanna that they should kill Porch Dick for beating his wife just shows her he is not to be trusted.

Carol is just as hard as Rick, but is "managing it" and dealing with the townies the smart way. Rick is undermining his own plans. He started off playing their game and while planning his own moves. Now he is just a crazy man with a gun in everyone's eyes.

If Deanna banishes Rick, who's staying and who's leaving? I'll guess that Rick may leave to spare the rest, then the Wolves attack and he comes back in to save the day as they get overrun.

Based on the surprise guest announced on Talking Dead, someone is going to die next week. I have been thinking Sasha was on her way out for the last two episodes, what's the consensus?
Is it me or does Rick seem to go off the deep end more when women, stress, and the potential of not having any sex or a wife figure is involved. Rick and Shane fight over Lori at the farm, and Rick kills Shane, and the farm is overrun by zombies..Rick later declares the Ricktatorship. Lori dies...he goes full blown nuts for a few weeks . Over time he gets chummy with Michonne then they get attacked by the "claimed" gang, where the gang threatens to rape and kill Carl and Michonne...Rick bites a neck of the leader and zones out for a few hours. Now this.

Like others have said, I don't understand why they cannot just create a divorce and restraining order setup. Pete gets another house, and all the beer he wants, he just needs to stay away from the wife and kid. Get caught, you lose beer privileges Dr. Porchdick. I guess that is too easy and boring of a solution for TWD.

I thought the same thing with the "Special Guest" announcement on The Talking Dead. The last special guest was Noah. I'm thinking its Sasha too, her character is completely off the deep end and full blown feral. Maybe if Rick gets the boot, she will go with him. However I'm thinking that if Rick goes...everyone from the group except Gabriel is going too.

I am also thinking Daryl and Aaron will bump into the Wolves, and hightail it back to warn Alexandria. That is where the dilemma for Deanna kicks in. Everyone wants Rick's crew gone, but now you have this huge crazy threat. Do you let a bunch of harden experienced fighters go when you have a new threat coming.

Also I wonder what is up with the severed legs and arms. At Noah's old neighborhood there was a truck full of zombie torsos. I can see the Wolves using Zombie hordes as a weapon, and maybe having the Torsos around so that they can move around among the zombies like Michonne did.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:14 am

I think the Wolves will attach homemade wings to the torsos, then using a catapult or ballista, they will launch them over the walls....thereby turning them into meat-seeking cruise missiles. :clap:

Also, I wish we could have seen what Enid was carving into the log with her knife, when she and Carl were sitting down. The two cuts she made looked like a "V", but then she stopped carving when Carl started asking her questions. :ooh:

Boondock
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Boondock » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:40 pm

And it's Rick from the GN. I think I'm just gonna recycle what I posted March 15:
Boondock wrote:1. Rick's gone straight to crazy town.

ineffableone
Favorite Zombie Movies: Undead, Dead Alive/Braindead, Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland, 28 days, 28 Weeks Later, I Am Legend, Resident Evil franchise, Serenity (I would call Revers pretty damn zombie), Versus, Black Sheep

Post by ineffableone » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:59 pm

I am going to have to disagree with the idea Rick has gone to crazytown again.

He seemed perfectly sane and rational, a bit worked up yes, but not crazy. Though the problem being he was rational for the world outside the walls, not inside. He was absolutely right about everything he said. But the people sheltered inside the walls are all still pretending things are like the were before, which in reality is the true crazy as the world is no longer the same. So to them he sounds like he is crazy, but the reality is he is perfectly sane they are the crazy ones.
You still don't get it, none of you do. We know what needs to be done and we do it. We're the ones who live. You, you just sit and plan and hesitate. You pretend like you know when you don't.

I wish things weren't what they are, but you want to live? You want this place to stay standing? Your way of doing things is gone. Things don't get better because you want them to. Starting right now we have to live in the real world. We have to control who lives here.

If you don't fight, you die. I'm not going to stand by…
None of that sounds crazy at all. It is all very sane.
"Once a man has seen society's black underbelly, he can never turn his back on it. Never pretend, like you do, that it doesn't exist"

"None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with ME!"

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

Boondock
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Boondock » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:07 pm

ineffableone wrote:None of that sounds crazy at all. It is all very sane.
Indeed. Unless you're screaming it at a bunch of strangers, bloodied in the street, while waving a gun.

There's a lot of circumstances when Rick, GN and TV, could've accomplished his objectives and probably more with a conversation.

dogbane
Favorite Zombie Movies: the usual ones

Post by dogbane » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:16 pm

Boondock wrote:
ineffableone wrote:None of that sounds crazy at all. It is all very sane.
Indeed. Unless you're screaming it at a bunch of strangers, bloodied in the street, while waving a gun.

There's a lot of circumstances when Rick, GN and TV, could've accomplished his objectives and probably more with a conversation.
Yep. Like the whole Andrea/Governor thing. A few facts, stated simply by Michonne could have changed the entire dynamic.
Mostly not here anymore.

Mikeyboy

Post by Mikeyboy » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:24 pm

ineffableone wrote:I am going to have to disagree with the idea Rick has gone to crazytown again.

He seemed perfectly sane and rational, a bit worked up yes, but not crazy. Though the problem being he was rational for the world outside the walls, not inside. He was absolutely right about everything he said. But the people sheltered inside the walls are all still pretending things are like the were before, which in reality is the true crazy as the world is no longer the same. So to them he sounds like he is crazy, but the reality is he is perfectly sane they are the crazy ones.
You still don't get it, none of you do. We know what needs to be done and we do it. We're the ones who live. You, you just sit and plan and hesitate. You pretend like you know when you don't.

I wish things weren't what they are, but you want to live? You want this place to stay standing? Your way of doing things is gone. Things don't get better because you want them to. Starting right now we have to live in the real world. We have to control who lives here.

If you don't fight, you die. I'm not going to stand by…
None of that sounds crazy at all. It is all very sane.
Good speech, but I think the part where he got into the fistfight and then pointed the "contraband" gun at some of the unarmed bystanders including the mayor makes him look kooky.

Return to “Zombie Training Films”