"Walking Dead" Cable Series

Zombie and/or other Post-Apocalyptic related movies for us to study and know what not to do.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by RickOShea » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:17 pm

Kirkman & Gimple are such f*cking trolls.....we literally got to see one of the black male characters go through the revolving door. Image
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.
Sumdood wrote:Welcome to 2020. I would list all the rules here, but there are too many and most of them are made up as we go. Just be prepared to be punished for something.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

CarolinaPeach
Favorite Zombie Movies: I was hoping it would be "World War Z" but I don't think that's going to happen. So, in order: Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Shaun of the Dead and Zombieland...so far.

Post by CarolinaPeach » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:44 pm

Paladin1 wrote:Great episode! A lot happened and many things were set in motion.

Deanna is feeling like she is losing control I think, then crazy ass preacher tells her Rick is satan :roll: After she finds out her son is dead, I think her relationship with Rick & Co. is going to deteriorate to the point of her wanting them to leave. But of course, they are not going to go willingly.

But then I think this "Wolves" issue will manifest itself right at a critical time and either Ricks group will save a few of them and bugout, or fight them off and then completely take over Alexandra.

Never warmed up to to Noah, but damn, he went down hard.

I think it's obvious PorchDick is going down too. But it may be Carol that does it, not Rick. Or maybe that's too obvious and the "Wolves" will do it?

Glad to see The Mullet step the hell up.
Deanna may be having second thoughts, and circumstances are going to be against the team, but I think she's smart enough to realize that Gabriel is obviously having a break or perhaps a spiritual crisis, so hopefully she'll take what he says with more than one grain of salt, especially with the Satan talk. After all, he must not have been too terrified of the team because he was with them when she let them all in.

I was thinking Carol might have been extra threatening to her little stalker because she didn't want to have a relationship with another child (they all seem to get dead) but now it appears that she and Rick are going to be teaming up for a little spare time project.

It was fun watching Eugene suck it up and do something but I sure hate that other guy survived and we lost another one of our people. :vmad:

Peach

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:50 pm

Sumdood wrote:Welcome to 2020. I would list all the rules here, but there are too many and most of them are made up as we go. Just be prepared to be punished for something.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

CarolinaPeach
Favorite Zombie Movies: I was hoping it would be "World War Z" but I don't think that's going to happen. So, in order: Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Shaun of the Dead and Zombieland...so far.

Post by CarolinaPeach » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:57 pm

So that girl lost her parents? I wonder if she's really a spy planted and is providing intel to some other group?

Peach

Evan the Diplomat
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead (2004), Savageland

Post by Evan the Diplomat » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:21 pm

CarolinaPeach wrote:So that girl lost her parents? I wonder if she's really a spy planted and is providing intel to some other group?

Peach
That girl is the biggest spy since Mata Hari.

I liked the episode, especially when Sgt. Abraham took a personal moment to get pumped up before the fight he knew was coming. I half expected him to grab a handful of dirt and rubbed it between his palms. If the bucket on the front end loader dumped Francine when the hydraulic line was shot how are they going to get someone back in the bucket?

I had to wonder about the Hollywood Handgrenade. Strong enough to impale Aiden on shelving, give Tara a traumatic brain injury but leave the others unscathed.

My other nit to pick is why haven't they learned to not yank an impaled person off the iron/wood whatever.

The more I think about it, the more I think Carol will spoil it for everyone. She is no longer the meek abused spouse. She's not going to let Pete continue to smack Jessie around. She's going to shank him and because Jessie and Sam are deep in Stockholm syndrome it is going to look like cold blooded murder of the town doctor.
Last edited by Evan the Diplomat on Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Priests and cannibals, prehistoric animals
Everybody happy as the dead come home

Big black nemesis, parthenogenesis
No-one move a muscle as the dead come home

Mall Ninja

Post by Mall Ninja » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:32 pm

Evan the Diplomat wrote: I liked the episode, but I had to wonder about the Hollywood Handgrenade. Strong enough to impale Aiden on shelving, give Tara a traumatic brain injury but leave the others unscathed.
They get those Hollywood hand grenades at the same store where they get the Hollywood silencers that barely make a sound.
Maxim 24: Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a big gun.

ineffableone
Favorite Zombie Movies: Undead, Dead Alive/Braindead, Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland, 28 days, 28 Weeks Later, I Am Legend, Resident Evil franchise, Serenity (I would call Revers pretty damn zombie), Versus, Black Sheep

Post by ineffableone » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:57 am

Over all a pretty good episode, nice to see some of the background characters getting some screen time. Even though Noah got the gruesome death scene, it was a little cool that they gave him a bit of screen time before he went.

I am not all that worried about doctor abusive husband and how Rick and Carol will handle that. Both Rick and Carol will deal with that just fine.

What worries me, is how Rick is going to react when Maggie tells him about the cowardly preacher trying to turn the town against the group. They took the piece of crap in, saved his butt, now he is threatening the security of the group by trying to turn the town leader against them. That will not play out well, you don't threaten Rick's family.
"Once a man has seen society's black underbelly, he can never turn his back on it. Never pretend, like you do, that it doesn't exist"

"None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with ME!"

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

benja455

Post by benja455 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:58 am

Evan the Diplomat wrote: I had to wonder about the Hollywood Handgrenade.
I looked it up - there's nearly ZERO chance that could possibly happen. Extremely convenient plot device.

gunsandrockets
Favorite Zombie Movies: 1979 Dawn of the Dead
Sean of the Dead
Return of the Living Dead
Zombieland
The Walking Dead

Post by gunsandrockets » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:40 am

The gorefest of this episode caught me by surprise. I guess they are ramping things up for the season finale.

Ditto on the prior comments regarding the 'hollywood handgrenade'. Yes it was a convenient plot device. But even so, just how dumb was Aiden? A zombie with a faceshield is a pretty low level threat, even more so after being kneecapped. As incompetent as Aiden was (particularly after the revelation Aiden admitted this episode) I suppose it's a minor miracle Aiden lasted as long as he did operating beyond the wall of Alexandria.

Prior to this episode, I've had a pretty harsh opinion of Noah as being unworthy of the lives the group has sacrificed for his sake. But after watching the Talking Dead, I was surprised to hear the actor who plays Noah saying that Noah was thinking along similar lines. Goodbye Noah. That was a hard hard death.

I think our mutinous priest is indulging in a great deal of projection by condemning the others. He still feels guilty for his own unspeakable crimes, and his guilt over his own loss of faith, and he is projecting that guilt onto Rick's group.
I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

CarolinaPeach

Post by CarolinaPeach » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:58 am

gunsandrockets wrote:The gorefest of this episode caught me by surprise. I guess they are ramping things up for the season finale.

Ditto on the prior comments regarding the 'hollywood handgrenade'. Yes it was a convenient plot device. But even so, just how dumb was Aiden? A zombie with a faceshield is a pretty low level threat, even more so after being kneecapped. As incompetent as Aiden was (particularly after the revelation Aiden admitted this episode) I suppose it's a minor miracle Aiden lasted as long as he did operating beyond the wall of Alexandria.

Prior to this episode, I've had a pretty harsh opinion of Noah as being unworthy of the lives the group has sacrificed for his sake. But after watching the Talking Dead, I was surprised to hear the actor who plays Noah saying that Noah was thinking along similar lines. Goodbye Noah. That was a hard hard death.

I think our mutinous priest is indulging in a great deal of projection by condemning the others. He still feels guilty for his own unspeakable crimes, and his guilt over his own loss of faith, and he is projecting that guilt onto Rick's group.
That's what I was thinking as well. I'm a little surprised that he didn't just come right out and claim that he saw Rick's group dancing naked in the moonlight with Satan and that they are probably the ones who caused the whole apocalypse.

Peach

cv66er
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Being originally from Butler County in Pennsylvania...

Post by cv66er » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:43 am

Evan the Diplomat wrote:when Sgt. Abraham took a personal moment to get pumped up before the fight he knew was coming. I half expected him to grab a handful of dirt and rubbed it between his palms.
Then he goes into full "Take charge" mode. I think that "The wall" is his new Eugene; a cause to support and reason to exist.

ausher
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: so far zombieland because i think it accuratly depicts what a zombie could be like. not a dead becoming undead, but an infected human... kinda like a dog with raibies. even tho signs of other survivors were non existant in the movie except for the 4 main characters and bill murray...

Post by ausher » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:07 am

I think the son is going to blame the death of his brother on Glenn when they get back to town and s will htf at that point. Rick will either beat the shit out of the dr. or kill him. Maggie will tell the group about what Gabrie said and he will die. It's really building up to some action.

Paladin1

Post by Paladin1 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:03 pm

And another thing, I haven't even sat on a motorcycle in 20yrs, but Daryl's new scooter is freaking awesome!!
WWSD?

ineffableone
Favorite Zombie Movies: Undead, Dead Alive/Braindead, Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland, 28 days, 28 Weeks Later, I Am Legend, Resident Evil franchise, Serenity (I would call Revers pretty damn zombie), Versus, Black Sheep

Post by ineffableone » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:09 pm

Paladin1 wrote:And another thing, I haven't even sat on a motorcycle in 20yrs, but Daryl's new scooter is freaking awesome!!
Wish we had gotten a bit more of a look at it. They seemed to have made a point of not showing it to us when he looked under the tarp. Then this episode giving the reveal of what the bike was, but it was a pretty short limited view of it. I liked that it looked parted together, not a standard stock bike.

Speaking of Daryl, what is he going to be coming back to? He left thinking things were hunky dory are the community, and he is going to come back to a shit storm of problems if he comes back soon. If he takes awhile, then he might show up and find Rick and crew have been banished, or taken over the community.
"Once a man has seen society's black underbelly, he can never turn his back on it. Never pretend, like you do, that it doesn't exist"

"None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with ME!"

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

Mikeyboy

Post by Mikeyboy » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:48 pm

RickOShea wrote:
On the Talking Dead, they had the actors that play Eugene, Glenn, and Noah on as guest. The youtube video cut it off, but you have to see the reaction the three of them had when they showed that sneak peak, basically implying that little Carl is becoming a man, and getting potential smooch time in the hollow of a tree. They were all throwing their fist up, and high five-ing each other. Makes me think they are all a tight knit bunch and all the adult male actors treat Chandler Riggs (Carl) like a little brother.

Also I hate to say I predicted it but after Tyreese , I did said the next to go out of the core group will be either Noah or Gabriel. Being a Black Male or a Blonde Female Character is like wearing a redshirt on Team Rick. Gabriel is probably next after the whole, "kick them out they are evil like Satan" speech.

Should be interesting.

ausher
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: so far zombieland because i think it accuratly depicts what a zombie could be like. not a dead becoming undead, but an infected human... kinda like a dog with raibies. even tho signs of other survivors were non existant in the movie except for the 4 main characters and bill murray...

Post by ausher » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:57 pm

ineffableone wrote:
Paladin1 wrote:And another thing, I haven't even sat on a motorcycle in 20yrs, but Darhiyl's new scooter is freaking awesome!!
Wish we had gotten a bit more of a look at it. They seemed to have made a point of not showing it to us when he looked under the tarp. Then this episode giving the reveal of what the bike was, but it was a pretty short limited view of it. I liked that it looked parted together, not a standard stock bike.

Speaking of Daryl, what is he going to be coming back to? He left thinking things were hunky dory are the community, and he is going to come back to a shit storm of problems if he comes back soon. If he takes awhile, then he might show up and find Rick and crew have been banished, or taken over the community.
Here's Daryl's New Bike: The Walking Dead: https://youtu.be/caCLrn2yDkY

ineffableone

Post by ineffableone » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:09 pm

ausher wrote:
ineffableone wrote:
Paladin1 wrote:And another thing, I haven't even sat on a motorcycle in 20yrs, but Darhiyl's new scooter is freaking awesome!!

Here's Daryl's New Bike: The Walking Dead: https://youtu.be/caCLrn2yDkY
LOL, Norman "Let's go ride these, like right now!"

Thanks for the link, awesome bike.

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:19 pm

'The Walking Dead' spinoff to film in Vancouver this spring:

http://www.vancitybuzz.com/2015/03/walk ... er-spring/

nolongpork

Post by nolongpork » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:41 am

Just watched it, and woo-wee I see a porch dick getting a serious beating soon!

Boondock
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Boondock » Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:04 pm

Obviously, I was thrilled to see Abraham actually act like Abraham. Too bad, as I expect him to buy it soon.

If I'd have been Glenn, would've only been three returning from that mission. "They died heroes!" :wink:

Tough choice for Rick and Carol. Physicians are a precious commodity in the ZPAW. But then again, a piss-drunk M.D. is about the same as having no doctor at all.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:52 pm

firerat

Post by firerat » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:45 am

I saw an interesting bit of plot speculation today: what if Jessie is the abusive spouse and not Dr. Porchdick?

I thought it was outlandish at first, but several points were laid out that made a fair bit of sense:

- Yes, Pete is kind of a creep and quite possibly an alcoholic, but he has yet to be shown actually abusing Jessie or Sam. Carol only made that assumption after he was acting shifty at the house. Based on her past experience, she would jump to the conclusion of the guy being abusive. Maybe he drinks so much because his wife is busting his balls all the time.

- Sam spending so much time around Carol. He's trying to find a new mother figure. Even when Carol gets snarky with him, he doesn't seem to bat an eye, because that's kind of treatment he's used to at home (if not an improvement).

- Sam admits to knocking over Jessie's owl sculpture. Maybe it's revenge for whatever treatment she gives him. (Yes, on the other hand you could argue that if Pete is the abuser, Sam chooses to act out against the person who won't retaliate on him.)

- Sam asks Carol for the gun, but never says who it is for. Again, Carol just assumes that Jessie needs it.

If this is the case, it would play right into where the story has been going. Rick and Carol kill Pete. Somehow--possibly by Sam--it is revealed that Jessie was the real threat, and suddenly Rick and Carol have killed an innocent with no alibi. Any suspicions planted in Deanna's head by Gabriel are then confirmed. The Alexandrites and team shit magnet clash in the finale for control of the town.

Or not....
"If someone with multiple personalities threatens suicide, is it a hostage situation?"

-George Carlin

Mikeyboy

Post by Mikeyboy » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:42 am

firerat wrote:I saw an interesting bit of plot speculation today: what if Jessie is the abusive spouse and not Dr. Porchdick?

I thought it was outlandish at first, but several points were laid out that made a fair bit of sense:

- Yes, Pete is kind of a creep and quite possibly an alcoholic, but he has yet to be shown actually abusing Jessie or Sam. Carol only made that assumption after he was acting shifty at the house. Based on her past experience, she would jump to the conclusion of the guy being abusive. Maybe he drinks so much because his wife is busting his balls all the time.

- Sam spending so much time around Carol. He's trying to find a new mother figure. Even when Carol gets snarky with him, he doesn't seem to bat an eye, because that's kind of treatment he's used to at home (if not an improvement).

- Sam admits to knocking over Jessie's owl sculpture. Maybe it's revenge for whatever treatment she gives him. (Yes, on the other hand you could argue that if Pete is the abuser, Sam chooses to act out against the person who won't retaliate on him.)

- Sam asks Carol for the gun, but never says who it is for. Again, Carol just assumes that Jessie needs it.

If this is the case, it would play right into where the story has been going. Rick and Carol kill Pete. Somehow--possibly by Sam--it is revealed that Jessie was the real threat, and suddenly Rick and Carol have killed an innocent with no alibi. Any suspicions planted in Deanna's head by Gabriel are then confirmed. The Alexandrites and team shit magnet clash in the finale for control of the town.

Or not....
You know what...that is an interesting possibility the more you think about it. Sam and Jessie don't have any bruises. Jessie seems to be somewhat personable, not meek or "beaten down". Her overall mood seems positive. Meanwhile, Pete Porchdick's actions could be seen as him being depressed, and a bit meek and beaten down.

Think of it this way...she has tattoos, she is VERY flirty, making owl sculptures in the garage, and cutting the hair of a shirtless strangers. She doesn't seem that worried about what her husband thinks, or she seems to have no fear of getting a beating. She seems a little bit of a wild child. Maybe, just maybe, she is the town nympho or she is a junkie. Pete is just some cuckold husband, feeding his wife's addiction since he is the town's doctor, and he is just checking out mentally of the situation by being a drunk. Maybe he want to be Rick's friend because he want to bond with the new guy, or to discuss the situation with an ex-cop. Maybe Pete did not let Carol in because Jessie was high as a kite, or she wasn't home , and she was out humping a neighbor.

In total TWD fashion I can see a build-up for killing Pete and at the end Sam either cries that the they killed the wrong parent, or he ends up killing Mom right as they are about to kill dad.

Evan the Diplomat
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead (2004), Savageland

Post by Evan the Diplomat » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:14 pm

firerat wrote:I saw an interesting bit of plot speculation today: what if Jessie is the abusive spouse and not Dr. Porchdick?

What a brilliant plot twist. I love the idea. ZPAW Cuckolds. Sounds ready for xHamster.
Priests and cannibals, prehistoric animals
Everybody happy as the dead come home

Big black nemesis, parthenogenesis
No-one move a muscle as the dead come home

Return to “Zombie Training Films”