"Walking Dead" Cable Series

Zombie and/or other Post-Apocalyptic related movies for us to study and know what not to do.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

flybynight

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by flybynight » Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:43 pm

ahh, I haven't seen Jason and the Argonauts in years. Oh look.... the full movie is on you tube.......... later dudes
Not all those who wander are lost

John Titor was right <--- :ohdear: Way past the point of going gray man. See you on the other side ( or not :wink: )

CarolinaPeach
Favorite Zombie Movies: I was hoping it would be "World War Z" but I don't think that's going to happen. So, in order: Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Shaun of the Dead and Zombieland...so far.

Post by CarolinaPeach » Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:31 am

Asymetryczna wrote:
majorhavoc wrote:Am I the only one
Probably just you. Normally I would enjoy a good portmanteau -Victorinox comes to mind- but bromance seems to pander.
Well, nope, it wasn't just him. While the Richonne pairing didn't weird me out, it just didn't feel like a natural progression of their relationship. With all the time that they have spent together, I never picked up on any sexual tension between, at all. I did see a growing closeness between them, especially as Michonne and Carl bonded and Michonne grew ever more protective of him. But I interpreted that growing closeness not as a deepening romantic love but simply as one of those wonderful, powerful things between friends who have been through more than anyone else they meet, much like what I imagine men who are on the battlefield together experience.

But, as someone else mentioned, it seemed awful close to Rick losing Jessie and heck, I don't even know if they ever had a chance to get together, even though it seemed to be heading in that direction. Maybe we're all reading more into this than we're supposed to and we're being misdirected. It wouldn't be the first time. I know I'm not the only one who thought maybe a Daryl and Carol match was on the horizon, so maybe this was just a physical reaction to close friends being tired, getting still, sharing the day and then, that.

Whatever it is, I really don't want the dynamic to get weird with relationship drama between Rick and Michonne. I definitely hope it doesn't go the way that Evan mentioned, like after Dave and Maddie hopped in the sack.

Peach

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, ZombieLand, Dawn of the Dead

Post by majorhavoc » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:43 pm

CarolinaPeach wrote:
Asymetryczna wrote:
majorhavoc wrote:Am I the only one
Probably just you. Normally I would enjoy a good portmanteau -Victorinox comes to mind- but bromance seems to pander.
Well, nope, it wasn't just him. While the Richonne pairing didn't weird me out, it just didn't feel like a natural progression of their relationship. With all the time that they have spent together, I never picked up on any sexual tension between, at all. I did see a growing closeness between them, especially as Michonne and Carl bonded and Michonne grew ever more protective of him. But I interpreted that growing closeness not as a deepening romantic love but simply as one of those wonderful, powerful things between friends who have been through more than anyone else they meet, much like what I imagine men who are on the battlefield together experience.
Thanks Peach. That captures my take on it almost perfectly. The deep attachment between Rick and Michonne I totally get, but the romantic aspect just seemed to come out of nowhere. I will say it was a cute overhead shot of the two of them in bed after they did the wild thing, and Rick's Colt Python is sitting on bedside table on the right and Michonne's katana is leaning up against the bed on the left. It's like their weapons were the last things they removed before making love. I'm sure there's no symbolism there; no, none at all.

Whereas I loved the scene where Daryl warns Rick not put that CD in the player and he does it anyway; that totally made sense to me. Rick did it just to be a prick and that's what you do with your buddies sometimes. Be a bit of a jerk because you trust the guy enough to know that you can. Women have their hugs, we guys have our little dick moves. It's how we bond.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:09 am

whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.
Sumdood wrote:Welcome to 2020. I would list all the rules here, but there are too many and most of them are made up as we go. Just be prepared to be punished for something.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:31 pm

Hmmm......not quite as big as the Hilltop colony in the comics.

Sumdood wrote:Welcome to 2020. I would list all the rules here, but there are too many and most of them are made up as we go. Just be prepared to be punished for something.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:17 pm

Last edited by RickOShea on Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:35 pm

So I am thinking; "Just send Carol".
You go 'round and around it
You go over and under
I go through

ineffableone
Favorite Zombie Movies: Undead, Dead Alive/Braindead, Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland, 28 days, 28 Weeks Later, I Am Legend, Resident Evil franchise, Serenity (I would call Revers pretty damn zombie), Versus, Black Sheep

Post by ineffableone » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:18 am

Stercutus wrote:So I am thinking; "Just send Carol".
Carol and Daryl, and Negan's "saviors" would be no more.

On the topic of this episode,

I was surprised Rick was able to hold back from just saying, "you have food we have guns, you better trade before we take." Something I think Jesus knew was coming soon if he didn't get something worked out. Rick did say "we came for food and we will get it." The guy running that place was a joke, a Governor without the ability to actually rule with an iron fist. It was a really good thing for him Rick didn't meet with him or he would be dead as I don't think Rick would have took his BS for long.

It is kind of funny to see a community resorting to spears already in the WD timeline. As many guns and ammo as there is in the US and they have already run out and can't find more. But then for some it just might be outside of their knowledge base to know where to look and how to find them. Seems like that group was not the kind of folks who did much shooting before ZPAW. So they just didn't know where to look to get the guns and ammo, leaving it to folks like Negan and Rick to pick up the weapons first. Though Rick and crew brought a bunch from out of state.
"Once a man has seen society's black underbelly, he can never turn his back on it. Never pretend, like you do, that it doesn't exist"

"None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with ME!"

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

ausher
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: so far zombieland because i think it accuratly depicts what a zombie could be like. not a dead becoming undead, but an infected human... kinda like a dog with raibies. even tho signs of other survivors were non existant in the movie except for the 4 main characters and bill murray...

Post by ausher » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:30 am

ineffableone wrote:
It is kind of funny to see a community resorting to spears already in the WD timeline. As many guns and ammo as there is in the US and they have already run out and can't find more. But then for some it just might be outside of their knowledge base to know where to look and how to find them. Seems like that group was not the kind of folks who did much shooting before ZPAW. So they just didn't know where to look to get the guns and ammo, leaving it to folks like Negan and Rick to pick up the weapons first. Though Rick and crew brought a bunch from out of state.
I'm guessing negan is the reason why they have no ammo.

MacWa77ace
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Omega Man, I Am Legend, Dawn of the Dead v1974.

Post by MacWa77ace » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:08 am

ineffableone wrote:
1700 years after the apocalypse, humans lose the ability to speak.

majorhavoc wrote:... I will say it was a cute overhead shot of the two of them in bed after they did the wild thing, and Rick's Colt Python is sitting on bedside table on the right and Michonne's katana is leaning up against the bed on the left. It's like their weapons were the last things they removed before making love. I'm sure there's no symbolism there; no, none at all.
:lol: Yes, we now have confirmation thru symbolism of who will be wearing the pants in that family. 'Cause Michonne's is bigger. 8-) But we knew that.

Not for nuthin', Rick needs to sleep on the other side of the bed. He's right handed and does a lefty 'draw' from that side. I don't think it matters what side of the bed you're on if you have a Katana.
Lifetime gamer watch at:
MacWa77ace YouTube Channel

Maeklos
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, Dawn of the Dead (the original), Resident Evil

Post by Maeklos » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:27 pm

ineffableone wrote: It is kind of funny to see a community resorting to spears already in the WD timeline. As many guns and ammo as there is in the US and they have already run out and can't find more. But then for some it just might be outside of their knowledge base to know where to look and how to find them. Seems like that group was not the kind of folks who did much shooting before ZPAW. So they just didn't know where to look to get the guns and ammo, leaving it to folks like Negan and Rick to pick up the weapons first. Though Rick and crew brought a bunch from out of state.
I'd have to say that spears (and effectively working to form a phalanx or shield wall) would be more effective against fighting zombies than firearms. Firearms are loud and draw more zombies - as well as letting any humans in the area know that you're out there, too. Spears are quieter, never run out of ammunition, more easily repaired. Though, if zombie guts make people effectively invisible to the undead, I still don't see why a community doesn't just smash out the teeth of a few zombies and keep them penned up. Then if someone needs to go out on a run or the community gets attacked, they kill one of their tame walkers and gunk themselves up in their guts then go on an "invisible" walker murder spree.

Also, it seems as if Negan's bunch is the only group of hostile humans that Hilltop has faced at all, so the need for firearms has not been that great.
Politics is like having two handfuls of shit - one that smells bad and one that looks bad - and having to decide which one to put in your mouth.

"If the Russian flag were accurate, it would depict half a cabbage, a bottle of vodka, and a cold man dying for the Motherland."

flybynight

Post by flybynight » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:49 pm

Maeklos wrote:
ineffableone wrote: It is kind of funny to see a community resorting to spears already in the WD timeline. As many guns and ammo as there is in the US and they have already run out and can't find more. But then for some it just might be outside of their knowledge base to know where to look and how to find them. Seems like that group was not the kind of folks who did much shooting before ZPAW. So they just didn't know where to look to get the guns and ammo, leaving it to folks like Negan and Rick to pick up the weapons first. Though Rick and crew brought a bunch from out of state.
I'd have to say that spears (and effectively working to form a phalanx or shield wall) would be more effective against fighting zombies than firearms. Firearms are loud and draw more zombies - as well as letting any humans in the area know that you're out there, too. Spears are quieter, never run out of ammunition, more easily repaired. Though, if zombie guts make people effectively invisible to the undead, I still don't see why a community doesn't just smash out the teeth of a few zombies and keep them penned up. Then if someone needs to go out on a run or the community gets attacked, they kill one of their tame walkers and gunk themselves up in their guts then go on an "invisible" walker murder spree.

Also, it seems as if Negan's bunch is the only group of hostile humans that Hilltop has faced at all, so the need for firearms has not been that great.
Didn't jesus mention that hilltop was not very good at fighting?
It's not been that long since Ricks group played zombie cowboys. I say find the horde, herd them through Negans compound. End of Negan.
Not all those who wander are lost

John Titor was right <--- :ohdear: Way past the point of going gray man. See you on the other side ( or not :wink: )

CarolinaPeach
Favorite Zombie Movies: I was hoping it would be "World War Z" but I don't think that's going to happen. So, in order: Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Shaun of the Dead and Zombieland...so far.

Post by CarolinaPeach » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:28 pm

I just want to know what kind of miraculous stain remover the laundry detail back at Alexandria uses because Rick seems to have a real knack for getting red all over his clothes, hair, face, anyone within a 5' radius, and so on. Somehow, I don't think pounding those t-shirts between two rocks does the trick.

Also, will Morgan and/or Fr. Gabriel try to convince Rick and the others that they should try to reason with Negan and the Saviors? If so, and he/they get shot down, it seems right in line with Morgan for him to try to sneak off to do some preliminary negotiating, only to be captured and used as a hostage to get Rick to yield.

:?

Peach

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:11 pm

CarolinaPeach wrote:I just want to know what kind of miraculous stain remover the laundry detail back at Alexandria uses because Rick seems to have a real knack for getting red all over his clothes, hair, face, anyone within a 5' radius, and so on. Somehow, I don't think pounding those t-shirts between two rocks does the trick.
Welp, Mrs. Neudermeyer never got her pasta maker......but I'll bet Carol finally got a replacement for her Maytag at the ASZ. :crazy:

CarolinaPeach

Post by CarolinaPeach » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:08 pm

:lol: :lol:

Peach

Maeklos
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, Dawn of the Dead (the original), Resident Evil

Post by Maeklos » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:03 pm

CarolinaPeach wrote:Also, will Morgan and/or Fr. Gabriel try to convince Rick and the others that they should try to reason with Negan and the Saviors? If so, and he/they get shot down, it seems right in line with Morgan for him to try to sneak off to do some preliminary negotiating, only to be captured and used as a hostage to get Rick to yield.

:?

Peach
I don't know about that. Morgan understands how hard the world can be - he doesn't avoid conflict (as we saw with him dealing with the Wolves), he just tries to avoid taking life if possible. Which is why he warned the Wolves and let them go - any further action would have necessitated Morgan step things up and potentially wind up killing people rather than simply injuring them, or seen the Wolves killed by the Alexandrians as they rallied. And Father Gabriel...I'm curious to see how much the events of that night in Alexandria changed him. Having his beliefs about Rick and the group (being the "devil", as he told Deanna) turned on their head in such a violent fashion may wind up turning him into a frothing-at-the-mouth Rick-supporting fanatic.

Although, I imagine someone will point out the fact that if the Alexandrians are so willing to resolve a problem with brutal violence and in so doing exact a heavy price from the Hilltop people, what makes them so different than Negan and his Saviors?
Politics is like having two handfuls of shit - one that smells bad and one that looks bad - and having to decide which one to put in your mouth.

"If the Russian flag were accurate, it would depict half a cabbage, a bottle of vodka, and a cold man dying for the Motherland."

tom_caveman

Post by tom_caveman » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:59 am

Daryl has lost a high end knife and crossbow, sad times :mrgreen:

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:36 am

Ruh-Roh....

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:24 pm

ineffableone
Favorite Zombie Movies: Undead, Dead Alive/Braindead, Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland, 28 days, 28 Weeks Later, I Am Legend, Resident Evil franchise, Serenity (I would call Revers pretty damn zombie), Versus, Black Sheep

Post by ineffableone » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:38 pm

RickOShea wrote:Image
LOL that was exactly what I was thinking when I saw that part. So glad someone made it into photoshop reality. :clap:
"Once a man has seen society's black underbelly, he can never turn his back on it. Never pretend, like you do, that it doesn't exist"

"None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with ME!"

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

Evan the Diplomat
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead (2004), Savageland

Post by Evan the Diplomat » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:35 pm

I can't believe they included the spoiler in the preview, I mean really, didn't these guys watch Ransom, they totally blew the plot twist in that movie's trailer.

I didn't realize this was Glenn's first live kill.

Carol's kill list is only 18? I would have thought she was closing in on Carlos Hathcock by now.

Something is wrong with how this episode ended. They should have done a much better job of clearing the building, and I can't believe they left the armory unattended.

Damn I love that Father Gabriel is now channeling Jules Winnfield.

I didn't know Morgan could weld. I'm guessing that he is welding either a plow for tilling the fields in Alexandria or some sort of cow catcher for clearing zombies.

Clearly the Saviors, were bad guys, forcing the Hilltoppers to try and kill their own leader. They deserved being killed. I have not read the comics, but I suspect this is just an outpost of the Negan-Incan empire.

Why do I think this, although they got all the food the needed from the Hilltoppers, their were no women killed, captured or liberated during in the attack, now I don't have an issue with a z-paw bear brigade, I just find it unlikely.

I wonder if the Savior women were just on outpost duty or they hold a higher, matriarchal middle management position, kind of like Imperator Furiosa.

Did others notice the marijuana grow room? Is that for personal use, are they running a cannabis club or paying tribute to somebody higher up the chain?
Last edited by Evan the Diplomat on Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Priests and cannibals, prehistoric animals
Everybody happy as the dead come home

Big black nemesis, parthenogenesis
No-one move a muscle as the dead come home

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:00 pm

Did others notice the marijuana grow room? Is that for personal use, are they running a cannabis club or paying tribute to somebody higher up the chain?
Perhaps it helps explains the ease in which the compound came down.
You go 'round and around it
You go over and under
I go through

Assault Life

Post by Assault Life » Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:27 pm

Morgan is building a cell. Notice the cinder block wall being built around the drywall.
I fear not the Valley, for I am the Shadow

DJH
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Walking Dead TV series, anything George Romero

Post by DJH » Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:30 pm

You'd think that somebody would have figured out the importance of recon by this point in the apocalypse...
When I die, bury me 8 feet under, so I'll still be lower than all my friends.

Return to “Zombie Training Films”