"Walking Dead" Cable Series

Zombie and/or other Post-Apocalyptic related movies for us to study and know what not to do.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Asymetryczna
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Road

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by Asymetryczna » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:22 pm

Somewhere else I read a comment from someone that thought it funny that even though the show is sort of modern, no character on the show has ever mentioned the word "zombie." I laughed so hard. The person then went on and said they thought it odd that not one character on the show had seen a zombie movie before the world came apart.

Somewhere else, a person reasoned that Glenn is alive and had seen Texas Chainsaw Mscr. several times and was now wearing a human suit just outside the wall. Whenever he hears live people talking inside, he squeezes the large intestine of the d-bag that killed himself, and this forces blood through the wall as a signal.

Paladin has made me want to understand "Skeletor face" better so I may have to watch again. It's the analysis afterward, and the funny ideas that keep me interested.
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Henry David Thoreau

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:00 pm

CarolinaPeach wrote:Wasn't there also something about Norman Reedus doing a show about motorcycles?
IIRC, it's only supposed to be six episodes. They'll probably film it between December and April, when TWD isn't filming.
majorhavoc wrote:What the everlasting &*%! was Deanna doing banging on the gate, clearly the wall's weak point, with an already-agitated horde of walkers twenty-deep just on the other side? And for that matter: why is that gate otherwise untended for long stretches? Why are there no fortified firing positions set up just inside in case it gets breached?
They appear to have at least built a few elevated positions inside the wall....The one beside the gate where Aaron & Maggie were standing guard, and the one on the north side where Spencer & Rosita were (same one where Richards got hit with a Molotov cocktail at the beginning of the Wolf attack).
Asymetryczna wrote:Somewhere else I read a comment from someone that thought it funny that even though the show is sort of modern, no character on the show has ever mentioned the word "zombie." I laughed so hard. The person then went on and said they thought it odd that not one character on the show had seen a zombie movie before the world came apart.
I guess they've never heard Kirkman's explanation that George Romero and his movies (& the like) don't exist in the world of TWD.
Asymetryczna wrote:Somewhere else, a person reasoned that Glenn is alive and had seen Texas Chainsaw Mscr. several times and was now wearing a human suit just outside the wall. Whenever he hears live people talking inside, he squeezes the large intestine of the d-bag that killed himself, and this forces blood through the wall as a signal.
If the show makes it that far, maybe we will eventually see "The Whisperers"....but probably not for at least another 2 or 3 seasons. :ooh:
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.
Sumdood wrote:Welcome to 2020. I would list all the rules here, but there are too many and most of them are made up as we go. Just be prepared to be punished for something.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

gunsandrockets
Favorite Zombie Movies: 1979 Dawn of the Dead
Sean of the Dead
Return of the Living Dead
Zombieland
The Walking Dead

Post by gunsandrockets » Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:50 am

RickOShea wrote:
Asymetryczna wrote:Somewhere else I read a comment from someone that thought it funny that even though the show is sort of modern, no character on the show has ever mentioned the word "zombie." I laughed so hard. The person then went on and said they thought it odd that not one character on the show had seen a zombie movie before the world came apart.
I guess they've never heard Kirkman's explanation that George Romero and his movies (& the like) don't exist in the world of TWD.
But of course.

I know that Kirkman's comic essentially jumps off by assuming the Romero zombie premises. And of course in the Romero zombie movies, nobody has seen a Romero zombie movie! How meta is that? :lol:
I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

LyraJean
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead (Sidney Poitier)
Shaun of the Dead
ZombieLand

Post by LyraJean » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:08 am

Paladin1 wrote:
nolongpork wrote:Personally..... I thought it was an amazing episode one of the best yet.

If you know PTSD it should resonate deeply. much kudos to the makers of this episode.

It honestly disheartens me that people have become so inured with ADD entertainment that it has to all be rockem, sockem, killem, and fuckem or its not "quality" entertainment. One of the many things that truly lead me to believe that we are doomed to failure as a society in modern times of such little true struggle.
So in your opinion watching shows about people with a mental disorder so severe that they murder people is 'quality' entertainment? And because others don't, society is doomed?

I was beaten by my father with a pool cue when I was a kid, watched him slap around my mother. No- I don't enjoy watching TV shows about abuse.

I really hope that people's TV preferences doesn't guide your outlook on society.
Really more valid sources for that.
I don't think that is what he meant. To me, with a show like this not everyone is going to be okay. It will mess a lot of people up. They won't be able to just keep on living life and add killing zombies. I think it was good to show how it can really mess up people. I'm talking about people who were "bad guys" before the zombie apocalypse but how circumstances can turn a good guy bad but he can come back. Rick was also heading that direction but he had a large support group. Morgan was completely alone losing his entire family to the zombies, and worse his zombified wife got his son and he to put them both down. Considering that zombies used to be people it's not really that hard to believe that he would just killing people too.
My blog: Beyond Tourism: Florida's Yesteryear A blog about Florida History

Boondock
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Boondock » Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:02 pm

My crazy, not-gonna-happen prediction is that Glen gets saved by Negan and his crew in the season finale. :shock:

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:17 pm

Boondock wrote:My crazy, not-gonna-happen prediction is that Glen gets saved by Negan and his crew in the season finale. :shock:
Mid-season finale (ep. 8), or season finale (ep. 16)?

I'll predict that Enid saves Glenn, sometime around episode 7 or 8. :clap:
Sumdood wrote:Welcome to 2020. I would list all the rules here, but there are too many and most of them are made up as we go. Just be prepared to be punished for something.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

gunsandrockets
Favorite Zombie Movies: 1979 Dawn of the Dead
Sean of the Dead
Return of the Living Dead
Zombieland
The Walking Dead

Post by gunsandrockets » Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:55 pm

RickOShea wrote:
Boondock wrote:My crazy, not-gonna-happen prediction is that Glen gets saved by Negan and his crew in the season finale. :shock:
Mid-season finale (ep. 8), or season finale (ep. 16)?

I'll predict that Enid saves Glenn, sometime around episode 7 or 8. :clap:
That's an excellent prediction. If Glenn is alive. But Glenn is dead.

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/walking ... 201631311/
I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

majorhavoc
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, ZombieLand, Dawn of the Dead

Post by majorhavoc » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:30 pm

gunsandrockets wrote:

Not that I think Glenn's alive, because he's not, but that Variety article also said the November 8th episode "looks to focus heavily on Daryl (Norman Reedus), Abraham (Michael Cudlitz) and Sasha (Sonequa Martin-Green)" and we know that was flat out wrong.

I mean, let's face it: the producers of this show have demonstrated a willingness to obfuscate and misdirect, if not outright lie, about what lies ahead. So omitting Steve Yeun's name from the opening credits could mean exactly what the article's author says it means, or it could mean nothing at all. We just can't know and assumptions based on logic are nearly pointless.

BTW, I'm flat out saying that Glenn is dead because I would love, love, LOVE for someone to publically quote this and say "Ha! I told you so!" Just as long as his escape is plausible. Otherwise it would be lame to come up with a contrived explanation for how he survived (my money's on Sesame Street's Oscar the Grouch popping out of that dumpster, collaring Glenn and dragging him to safety).

But it's all academic anyway. Because Glenn is dead. Dead. DEAD. :gonk:

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:37 pm

I fully expect a decent amount of pissing-&-moaning from the usual suspects when it's revealed that Glenn is alive.....don't disappoint me people. Image

Paladin1

Post by Paladin1 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:37 pm

RickOShea wrote:I fully expect a decent amount of pissing-&-moaning from the usual suspects when it's revealed that Glenn is alive.....don't disappoint me people. Image
OK, so you're saying Glenn is alive?

We need to start a poll.....
WWSD?

Evan the Diplomat
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead (2004), Savageland

Post by Evan the Diplomat » Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:44 am

CarolinaPeach wrote:
Jessie's little porch speech after oh-so-delicately sticking the little knife in Dead Betsy's eye seemed forced and out of place. However, I'm glad the writers didn't have her drag the body out and down the stairs. Maybe the shocked and appalled people milling about on the street could lend a hand and take care of that part.

Peach
That was indeed a dainty, tentative eye stab. After her speech I half expected her to bark at those two eunuchs to "be useful" and remove the corpse.
Priests and cannibals, prehistoric animals
Everybody happy as the dead come home

Big black nemesis, parthenogenesis
No-one move a muscle as the dead come home

MacWa77ace
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Omega Man, I Am Legend, Dawn of the Dead v1974.

Post by MacWa77ace » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:52 am

majorhavoc wrote:
gunsandrockets wrote:

Not that I think Glenn's alive, because he's not, but that Variety article also said the November 8th episode "looks to focus heavily on Daryl (Norman Reedus), Abraham (Michael Cudlitz) and Sasha (Sonequa Martin-Green)" and we know that was flat out wrong.

I mean, let's face it: the producers of this show have demonstrated a willingness to obfuscate and misdirect, if not outright lie, about what lies ahead. So omitting Steve Yeun's name from the opening credits could mean exactly what the article's author says it means, or it could mean nothing at all. We just can't know and assumptions based on logic are nearly pointless.

BTW, I'm flat out saying that Glenn is dead because I would love, love, LOVE for someone to publically quote this and say "Ha! I told you so!" Just as long as his escape is plausible. Otherwise it would be lame to come up with a contrived explanation for how he survived (my money's on Sesame Street's Oscar the Grouch popping out of that dumpster, collaring Glenn and dragging him to safety).

I hear you. But what about Rick? How did Rick get out of his predicament, totally surrounded by Walkers when he was in the RV. Don't forget that? Will his escape be plausible? I mean that is a whole episode right there, but no, we next see him running just ahead of the hoard toward the gate.

If someone lies or is misleading in any media format outside the actual episode, it doesn't effect me, the only time I read that is when you guys link to it here. :wink:
Lifetime gamer watch at:
MacWa77ace YouTube Channel

dogbane
Favorite Zombie Movies: the usual ones

Post by dogbane » Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:58 pm

majorhavoc wrote:
gunsandrockets wrote:

Now I want a Glenn in Grouchland episode.
Mostly not here anymore.

feanor

Post by feanor » Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:42 am

The if-this-was-reality money is on Glenn being dead, but it's not reality and the angle was a clear set up for an escape. Crawling away is just not realistic enough even with voluntary suspension of disbelief, my guess is a grenade kills and stuns enough walkers to allow someone to pull him out. The walkers bodies shielding Glenn from the blast.

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:24 am

IIRC, it's only supposed to be six episodes. They'll probably film it between December and April, when TWD isn't filming.
They could have filmed it this season since Norm Reedus isn't in this season.
You go 'round and around it
You go over and under
I go through

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:06 pm

Paladin1 wrote:
RickOShea wrote:I fully expect a decent amount of pissing-&-moaning from the usual suspects when it's revealed that Glenn is alive.....don't disappoint me people. Image
OK, so you're saying Glenn is alive?
Yes, yes I am. Image

Evan the Diplomat

Post by Evan the Diplomat » Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:15 pm

I predict we will see no resolution on Glenn Rhee's status but we will see Darryl in peril. Hey that rhymes. Get it Darryl -peril.

Evan the Diplomat

Post by Evan the Diplomat » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:09 pm

All together now, WTF is an RPG doing with a U.S. Army unit?

Also, I think Darryl is a mutant because they made it seem as if he'd taken at least two through and through shots to the left arm. Yet we never see him bandage, split or cauderize the wounds. He's the Wolverine.

KnifeStyle

Post by KnifeStyle » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:31 pm

A commercial truck hiding under a bush. Really? I'm also expecting that other group to pop back up again. Why? Because Daryl always gets his crossbow back and they have to write that in.
Last edited by KnifeStyle on Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jamoni wrote:Zombie Squad, the things you have experience with scare me.

raptor
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by raptor » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:31 pm

Evan the Diplomat wrote:All together now, WTF is an RPG doing with a U.S. Army unit?
In a padded Pelican Case no less.

It is resolution to a plot hook.
feanor wrote: my guess is a grenade kills and stuns enough walkers to allow someone to pull him out. The walkers bodies shielding Glenn from the blast.

:)

Asymetryczna
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Road

Post by Asymetryczna » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:12 pm

The RPG is taught in foreign weapons courses on many bases. Likelihood, between Wash. and Atlanta? 100%
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Henry David Thoreau

Evan the Diplomat

Post by Evan the Diplomat » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:21 pm

raptor wrote:
Evan the Diplomat wrote:All together now, WTF is an RPG doing with a U.S. Army unit?
In a padded Pelican Case no less.

It is resolution to a plot hook.
feanor wrote: my guess is a grenade kills and stuns enough walkers to allow someone to pull him out. The walkers bodies shielding Glenn from the blast.

:)
Oh yeah, I can see where this is going. I will tune in just to see the effects on that scene.

Paladin1

Post by Paladin1 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:29 pm

Well, I thought it was a good episode.

Abraham has been pushing Sasha about where her heads at, all the while losing his. She seemed to be able to turn that shit right around and get his head back on straight.

He even makes a pass at her! I know that he and Rosita had a bit of a falling out, but it seems odd that they would be completely over given how long they were together.

Daryl was back in form, being a badass, but kind at the same time. I couldn't help but think when he was pushing his bike around that I'm glad I went with a light bike for the apocalypse :lol: I specifically researched bikes that would be appropriate for the scenario he went through and ended up with a 260lb bike, which a lot lighter than what he was shoving through the woods.

I don't know who this new group is, but I'm sure we'll find out soon.

I don't know if they were the ones who ambushed them or not? Thought it was the wolves at first, but this group has cars/guns?
WWSD?

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:48 pm

KnifeStyle wrote:A commercial truck hiding under a bush. Really?
That fuel truck was the "Patty" that Dwight and Sherry.....err.....that those people were going to go get (license plate #PATTY002), but when they got to the Pattrick Fuel Company facility, someone else had already taken it......though they didn't appear to have gotten very far with it.Image

Return to “Zombie Training Films”