"Walking Dead" Cable Series

Zombie and/or other Post-Apocalyptic related movies for us to study and know what not to do.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Paladin1

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by Paladin1 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:40 pm

Stercutus wrote:
Evan the Diplomat wrote:
flybynight wrote:I think this episode , after last weeks cliffhanger from a marketing standpoint is genius and probably about the only place they could have placed such a slow, no advance to the storyline episode.
I bet I'm the only one who thought Eastman should have been wearing a long cloak or robe .... "
He was wearing a bathrobe when he first bonked Morgan on the noggin.
Aikibiker wrote: I am still trying to figure out where the Aikido was in that episode. I have done the art for over a decade now and I have never used a jo (the staff used in Aikido, shorter then a bo by a couple feet) in the manner they portray on the show

This is how Aikido uses the jo, you will notice they weapon is held either like a sword or a rifle with a bayonet. Ueshiba apparently killed a lot of Russians with the bayonet during the Russo-Japanese
Very graceful, but why don't the three opponents attack at the same time and kick his ass. Is it some sort of Asian turn system based on height, with shortest going first?
They have to roll for initiative first. I believe Hobbits get a bonus.
If the dude packed a G19, he wouldn't need to carry a stick and wear a skirt.
WWSD?

Asymetryczna
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Road

Post by Asymetryczna » Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:00 pm

Think "Glenn" every time you hear the word "Dad."

It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Henry David Thoreau

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:29 pm

I ran my DVR backwards last night over the last 30 seconds of the show and it kept saying "Glenn is Dead" over and over again.
You go 'round and around it
You go over and under
I go through

CarolinaPeach
Favorite Zombie Movies: I was hoping it would be "World War Z" but I don't think that's going to happen. So, in order: Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Shaun of the Dead and Zombieland...so far.

Post by CarolinaPeach » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:36 pm

If we find out for sure tonight, I will be surprised. It would just be even sadder if Maggie finds him and has to put him down but of course he was in such a big passel of walkers, I doubt there would be much of him left.

Peach

Mannlicher

Post by Mannlicher » Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:02 pm

just when you swore that the show could not get any worse, the writers/producers surprise you, and say "HELL YES, it can get even more lame"

ausher
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: so far zombieland because i think it accuratly depicts what a zombie could be like. not a dead becoming undead, but an infected human... kinda like a dog with raibies. even tho signs of other survivors were non existant in the movie except for the 4 main characters and bill murray...

Post by ausher » Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:14 pm

What happen to the wolf Morgan captured? Is he still locked up in that house? I was expecting him to escape and start killing people like he said he was gonna do..

jor-el

Post by jor-el » Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:56 am

It may interest you to know that 2016 Steven Yuen is going to take the role of Tony Chu the cibopath from the Image Comics title Chew.
My son, you will travel far, but never be alone, for I am with you, my M14 and battle axe comfort you.

CarolinaPeach
Favorite Zombie Movies: I was hoping it would be "World War Z" but I don't think that's going to happen. So, in order: Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Shaun of the Dead and Zombieland...so far.

Post by CarolinaPeach » Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:59 am

Wasn't there also something about Norman Reedus doing a show about motorcycles?

When Deanna was doing her sketch and writing down plans for growth and development, I was a little afraid she was going to leave it as a manifesto after committing suicide. I'm glad that didn't happen but I still don't know how she doesn't know that repeated chest stabs are not only exhausting but completely useless. Either she was just too short to reach the head or she really was that insulated from the knowledge, which is just another example of those people not really knowing what was going on outside.

Edited to add: I don't know if Morgan's Wolf is going to be able to escape since he was wounded and was in bad shape when Morgan left him but that doesn't mean that he won't get one or two unsuspecting people after he turns.

Peach

Asymetryczna
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Road

Post by Asymetryczna » Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:58 am

Glenn's fine. He sends his love.

There was not much to discuss in the update, for me. I did like all of the talk about "sending a sign" and "not knowing" that the writers used to play with the viewers but otherwise I was unable to enjoy the episode. Carl's slap-boxing scene flies in the face of my own projections, where he grew smart and strong before killing his father and starting a new mid-Atlantic society. Still, there is a part of me that longs for the old days of fist fights.

I suppose it was easy for me to be disappointed after a fantastic episode that featured a Brit-turned-Southerner turned restless-wanderer whose inner storms are calmed by an East-man living and teaching martial methods. The end scene with Morgan in perpetual motion reaching inward and outward in front of a multi-faceted yet perpetually gravity-pulled stream with that golden orb breaking the horizon to provide light, and mystic music to provide a sense that life goes on... left an impression.
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Henry David Thoreau

CarolinaPeach

Post by CarolinaPeach » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:52 am

Asymetryczna wrote:Glenn's fine. He sends his love.

There was not much to discuss in the update, for me. I did like all of the talk about "sending a sign" and "not knowing" that the writers used to play with the viewers but otherwise I was unable to enjoy the episode. Carl's slap-boxing scene flies in the face of my own projections, where he grew smart and strong before killing his father and starting a new mid-Atlantic society. Still, there is a part of me that longs for the old days of fist fights.

I suppose it was easy for me to be disappointed after a fantastic episode that featured a Brit-turned-Southerner turned restless-wanderer whose inner storms are calmed by an East-man living and teaching martial methods. The end scene with Morgan in perpetual motion reaching inward and outward in front of a multi-faceted yet perpetually gravity-pulled stream with that golden orb breaking the horizon to provide light, and mystic music to provide a sense that life goes on... left an impression.
The slap-fight between the boys was a little befuddling. I couldn't really tell if Carl was trying to simultaneously grapple with the kid and push him away so it ended up looking like they were both confused about what they were supposed to do. I was mostly expecting Carl to whip around and either stare the kid down or just land one good punch that should have been enough to either fold the boy or convince him he didn't really want to tussle. Obviously that didn't happen. Maybe choreographing fights between kids that age is difficult or something. I don't know.

Jessie's little porch speech after oh-so-delicately sticking the little knife in Dead Betsy's eye seemed forced and out of place. However, I'm glad the writers didn't have her drag the body out and down the stairs. Maybe the shocked and appalled people milling about on the street could lend a hand and take care of that part.

Peach

Boondock
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Boondock » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:57 am

jor-el wrote:It may interest you to know that 2016 Steven Yuen is going to take the role of Tony Chu the cibopath from the Image Comics title Chew.
Yes! I knew that and hope Chew stays on track because it could be a massively good show!

raptor
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by raptor » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:43 am

Spoiler Alert
Asymetryczna wrote:Glenn's fine. He sends his love.

You will not know Glenn's fate until the last 5 minutes of the Season 6 Finale. It is too much of a plot hook to do otherwise.

BTW the writers say they have enough ideas to take them through season 12.

MacWa77ace
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Omega Man, I Am Legend, Dawn of the Dead v1974.

Post by MacWa77ace » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:15 pm

CarolinaPeach wrote:
When Deanna was doing her sketch and writing down plans for growth and development, I was a little afraid she was going to leave it as a manifesto after committing suicide. I'm glad that didn't happen but I still don't know how she doesn't know that repeated chest stabs are not only exhausting but completely useless. Either she was just too short to reach the head or she really was that insulated from the knowledge, which is just another example of those people not really knowing what was going on outside.

Peach
DOLOR HIC TIBI PRODERIT OLIM

someday this pain will be useful to you.

I was noticing how tiny she was in last night's episode, her son looked like he was 2 feet taller than she was when they were talking in the kitchen.

This was another fulfillment of Michonne's words to Heath. Deanne had to get covered in blood to get right in the head.
Lifetime gamer watch at:
MacWa77ace YouTube Channel

biggcarl

Post by biggcarl » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:27 pm

Carol have last night off?
Jeriah wrote:
What is a good way to stash a small item for later retrieval, for those who are squamish about using their prison wallet?

Paladin1

Post by Paladin1 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:42 pm

Great episode.

We saw Deanna finally wake up and get to the right place mentally. Jessie has evolved and faced reality, at the same time Spencer has shown his true colors and that he has decided to be a punk.

The rest of Alexandria is now getting a real up close view of their new world. We have already seen that some will crack and I imagine some will step up to become future Red Shirts for Ricks group.

Speaking of Rick, when he was tongue wrestling w/ Jessie, all I could think of was "turn the lights off!" I thought for sure Porch Dick Jr. or someone was going to see them and it would undermine Ricks accession to Alexandria's throne.

Not Sure where Porch Dick Jr.s head is at, he hates Rick, then asks him to teach him to shoot? If I was Rick I would not have handed him my loaded gun!!

The pushing match between Carl and PDj was indeed lame. Could have been a lot better.

I think he'll do something crazy that makes it impossible for Rick and Jessie to make wild monkey love.

Maggie is pregadated! they are going to have some material there. I still think that if Glenn is alive it's a jump the shark move. Would have to be Nicolas fell on top and he wiggled out from underneath to the trash bin where there is a manhole he can escape through. Without so much as a nibble from the horde of Walkers in a feeding frenzy? Just too much.

We saw lots of character development and the story was moved forward as opposed to 90 minutes of backstory on one character.
WWSD?

ausher
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: so far zombieland because i think it accuratly depicts what a zombie could be like. not a dead becoming undead, but an infected human... kinda like a dog with raibies. even tho signs of other survivors were non existant in the movie except for the 4 main characters and bill murray...

Post by ausher » Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:01 pm

My guess. Last episode of season 6 Glen finally makes it back to alexandrea, but before he gets to Maggie.... Bam! Out of nowhere he gets his head bashed in by a mysterious stranger.... :mrgreen:

With Norman doing his new show makes me wonder if he is getting killed off. Season 6 trailer shows him tied up with a gun to his head...

Assault Life

Post by Assault Life » Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:22 pm

Well it was better than last weeks abortion of a show, even though 50% of the hour-long runtime was advertising.

Pretty obvious that Denim Punk wants to learn from Rick so that he can try hurt/kill Coral.

Fat Nurse is pretty damn clueless.

Skeletor Face finally realizes she has been leading scared sheep.

At least Morgan only showed his face once, hopefully he's the next to get killed off. Rick seemed pretty pissed at him.

And why the hell don't they just throw the Wolf bodies over the fence?
I fear not the Valley, for I am the Shadow

majorhavoc
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, ZombieLand, Dawn of the Dead

Post by majorhavoc » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:26 pm

A transitional episode. Re: still not revealing Glenn's true fate: this show is about nothing if not mercilessly torturing its cast of characters. Clearly the writers don't think its too much of a stretch to spread the love and torture the show's loyal viewers as well. Hey; we all signed up for this exercise in masochism masquerading as a TV show. We've no one to blame but ourselves.

Nice symmetry there after Deanna's late-night walker attack that she ends up covered in blood and telling Rick "I want to live". Seemed to mirror a blood-splatter Rick kneeling in the street and screaming like a madman. Telling the startled Alexandrites they'd better get with program if they expected to survive long.

That lingering shot of Spencer prone and sprawled on the ground after telling Carl he's going to get someone killed ... Hmmm.

What the everlasting &*%! was Deanna doing banging on the gate, clearly the wall's weak point, with an already-agitated horde of walkers twenty-deep just on the other side? And for that matter: why is that gate otherwise untended for long stretches? Why are there no fortified firing positions set up just inside in case it gets breached?

And don't you just hate it when you get your arm tangled in a sewer zombie's rib cage? I hate it when that happens.

Here2Learn

Post by Here2Learn » Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:27 am

They should look for Glenn in the barn... thats where Sophia was for a whole season.

CarolinaPeach

Post by CarolinaPeach » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:12 am

Rick should definitely be leery of a previously antagonistic kid who suddenly asks for training on how to protect himself, especially when said kid innocently volunteers possible rule-breaking behavior by Carl during the conversation. Rick knows there is no love lost between Carl and that boy and definitely there's none lost between the boy and himself. But the way the kid worded things, it sounded as though he was trying to get Rick to go after Carl over the wall.

Greedy and looty-minded townsfolk need to back the heck off. It may look bad but if they lose their heads (and grab all the supplies for themselves), they'll definitely die. In that kind of situation, where supplies have dwindled, maybe having community meals would help keep people in the mindset that teamwork is important and they're going to need to help one another, not to mention help keep people aware that supplies are limited and they shouldn't act too hastily.

Sewer walkers...ugh. It would be helpful if a few teeth started falling out of all these walkers. You know they aren't brushing and flossing after every meal and yet there they are, with a strong, healthy set of choppers, even if they're green and slimy choppers.

Peach

MacWa77ace
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Omega Man, I Am Legend, Dawn of the Dead v1974.

Post by MacWa77ace » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:59 am

Paladin1 wrote: Not Sure where Porch Dick Jr.s head is at, he hates Rick, then asks him to teach him to shoot? If I was Rick I would not have handed him my loaded gun!!

The pushing match between Carl and PDj was indeed lame. Could have been a lot better.
He didn't, he unloaded it first. Lesson one, dry fire, I guess.

:roll: Probably realistic teen skerfuffle, but definitely > :shock:
majorhavoc wrote:
And don't you just hate it when you get your arm tangled in a sewer zombie's rib cage? I hate it when that happens.
BC: Yeah, yeah, and you know when you take one of those....
CG: Ball-peen hammer's?
BC: Yeah, Yeah, and you put your finger on the table and just hit it as hard as you can?
CG: Yeah?
BC: I hate when that happens.

Lifetime gamer watch at:
MacWa77ace YouTube Channel

Paladin1

Post by Paladin1 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:39 pm

MacWa77ace wrote:
Paladin1 wrote: Not Sure where Porch Dick Jr.s head is at, he hates Rick, then asks him to teach him to shoot? If I was Rick I would not have handed him my loaded gun!!

He didn't, he unloaded it first. Lesson one, dry fire, I guess.

majorhavoc wrote:
Ah, I saw him eject the shells, I thought he was leaving one in for the target practice.

I was wondering why he would make a lot of noise.

And speaking of noise, why didn't they get out and start drawing them away as soon as the herd got there?

What's the plan now? You would think they would be plotting a way to draw them off.
WWSD?

Mannlicher

Post by Mannlicher » Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:43 pm

I almost winced when Rick unloaded the Python, and then wrist snapped the cylinder shut. Damn. Watching the ineptitude with firearms is painful. The use of an AR butt to bash zeds is not only stupid, but would result in an out of action rifle pretty darn quick. Yet, time after time, these losers use their AR as an Algonquian war club.

dogbane
Favorite Zombie Movies: the usual ones

Post by dogbane » Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:50 pm

Mostly not here anymore.

Return to “Zombie Training Films”