"Walking Dead" Cable Series

Zombie and/or other Post-Apocalyptic related movies for us to study and know what not to do.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

User avatar
Bubba Enfield
* * * * *
Posts: 2698
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:17 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland, 28 Days later, Dawn'78, The Horde
Location: The strange high house in the mist

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by Bubba Enfield » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:25 pm

That crew sucks in the arson department. They wander all over town looking for the right building to burn, while running past stacks of pallets and trash that would light up real good. I said to my wife at one point, "If I was there, all of downtown would be burning by now". They didn't need the perfect structure fire, they needed visible smoke.
Prioritize your health. Get out of debt. Grow food.

User avatar
ineffableone
* * * * *
Posts: 3603
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:15 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: Undead, Dead Alive/Braindead, Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland, 28 days, 28 Weeks Later, I Am Legend, Resident Evil franchise, Serenity (I would call Revers pretty damn zombie), Versus, Black Sheep
Location: Pac Northwest, East of the Cascades

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by ineffableone » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:57 pm

Bubba Enfield wrote:That crew sucks in the arson department. They wander all over town looking for the right building to burn, while running past stacks of pallets and trash that would light up real good. I said to my wife at one point, "If I was there, all of downtown would be burning by now". They didn't need the perfect structure fire, they needed visible smoke.
Totally agree, I would have been trying to light up that entire town, not just one "perfect" building. As soon as there wasn't an immediate zombie threat, I would be lighting on fire anything that could burn. Then on to the next burny thing and the next. Until enough of the town was burning that there would be no chance of it just going out.
"Once a man has seen society's black underbelly, he can never turn his back on it. Never pretend, like you do, that it doesn't exist"

"None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with ME!"


ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

User avatar
ineffableone
* * * * *
Posts: 3603
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:15 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: Undead, Dead Alive/Braindead, Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland, 28 days, 28 Weeks Later, I Am Legend, Resident Evil franchise, Serenity (I would call Revers pretty damn zombie), Versus, Black Sheep
Location: Pac Northwest, East of the Cascades

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by ineffableone » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:32 pm

Bearcat wrote:
ineffableone wrote:
Bearcat wrote:Also, Glen is dead everyone. Get over it.
You mean like the last time Glen was left by Nick surrounded by a group of walkers and everyone thought Glen was dead then he showed back up?

Sorry but until Glen is obviously seen dead, you can't count him out for the count.
You're right, seeing him cry out in obvious pain when a mob of zombies is ripping him and the dead guy apart is too vague. Crying and rocking his head back was just an emotional outburst.

ineffableone wrote:Glen was also not credited as a death in TD. So if he is alive or dead is still very much up in the air.
:roll: Cause that means anything. I have never and probably will never watch one of those.
See now you are understanding. The death of Nick, and lets not forget the horror of the zombies eating Nick right on top of him is enough to explain anyone having an emotional outburst.

Though I will disagree with your sarcastic "obvious pain" unless your referencing the pain of falling off the dumpster onto concrete flat on your back with another guy on top of you. Because that had to hurt pretty bad.

You also seemed to have missed that I am not just grasping at straws because I want Glen to live. I can accept Glen dying or most of the others. In fact I even said there needs to be a thinning of the group. But Glen has gotten out of being injured with a group of walkers on top of him before, as I mentioned previously and it was even due to Nick. How Glen did it was never explained, but he did it once so there is no reason to assume he wouldn't be able to do it again.
"Once a man has seen society's black underbelly, he can never turn his back on it. Never pretend, like you do, that it doesn't exist"

"None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with ME!"


ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

User avatar
dogbane
* * * * *
Posts: 14392
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:44 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: the usual ones
Location: Dogbane Patch, Carolina Piedmont

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by dogbane » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:06 am

MAN TELLS POLICE HE KILLED FRIEND FOR TURNING INTO A ZOMBIE

GRANTS, N.M. (AP) -- A New Mexico man who had been watching TV's "The Walking Dead" told authorities he fatally beat his friend before he could become a zombie.

Grants police spokesman Moses Marquez said Sunday that 23-year-old Christopher Paquin was beaten and that 23-year-old Damon Perry is being held on a murder charge.

Perry's attorney, Michael E. Calligan, did not immediately return a call for comment.

Officers were called Thursday afternoon to an apartment complex where Perry was allegedly wielding a knife.

They found Paquin's body inside an apartment and maintenance workers detaining Perry.

Perry told investigators they had been drinking when Paquin began "to change into a zombie" and tried to bite him.

Police say Perry beat Paquin with his hands, feet, an electric guitar and a microwave.

Authorities say Perry attributed his actions to binge-watching "The Walking Dead," which centers on a zombie apocalypse, on Netflix.

© 2015 The Associated Press.
Mostly not here anymore.

User avatar
MacWa77ace
* * * * *
Posts: 1988
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:39 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Omega Man, I Am Legend, Dawn of the Dead v1974.
Location: South East Florida
Contact:

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by MacWa77ace » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:24 am

RickOShea wrote:
Toothpick Jim wrote:Ricks folding knife lock failed when stabbing skulls and he cut his hand. Why he uses a folder ???? plot device I guess.
He's always had a folder (at least starting with season 2). With all that use, the blade finally broke.....I'm just curious where's his red handled machete?
If you watch closely he had already stabbed the walker in the head and then jerks the handle down at a 90 degree angle instead of pulling straight out like they normally do. Like if you were purposely trying to break the blade off. User error.

But I think he cut his hand on the machete that was in the Zombie's shoulder. He jams his left hand right there under it to push the walker back.

Plot devices; he needed to NOT have his red handled machete, so he'd have a reason to pull the machete out of the Zombie he was fighting and therefore could cut his hand on it while doing so.
Lifetime gamer watch at:
MacWa77ace YouTube Channel


Image
Image

User avatar
Boondock
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 2691
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:37 pm
Location: Chicagoland

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by Boondock » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:41 am

About that nasty cut on Rick's hand:

http://www.monkeysfightingrobots.com/th ... icks-hand/

User avatar
CarolinaPeach
* * *
Posts: 550
Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 1:49 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: I was hoping it would be "World War Z" but I don't think that's going to happen. So, in order: Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Shaun of the Dead and Zombieland...so far.
Location: The South, y'all

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by CarolinaPeach » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:47 am

dogbane wrote:
MAN TELLS POLICE HE KILLED FRIEND FOR TURNING INTO A ZOMBIE

GRANTS, N.M. (AP) -- A New Mexico man who had been watching TV's "The Walking Dead" told authorities he fatally beat his friend before he could become a zombie.

Grants police spokesman Moses Marquez said Sunday that 23-year-old Christopher Paquin was beaten and that 23-year-old Damon Perry is being held on a murder charge.

Perry's attorney, Michael E. Calligan, did not immediately return a call for comment.

Officers were called Thursday afternoon to an apartment complex where Perry was allegedly wielding a knife.

They found Paquin's body inside an apartment and maintenance workers detaining Perry.

Perry told investigators they had been drinking when Paquin began "to change into a zombie" and tried to bite him.

Police say Perry beat Paquin with his hands, feet, an electric guitar and a microwave.

Authorities say Perry attributed his actions to binge-watching "The Walking Dead," which centers on a zombie apocalypse, on Netflix.

© 2015 The Associated Press.
The question on my mind is whether there was anyone else around to hold Mr. Perry's beer while he bravely fought off his zombie-fied friend.

Peach

User avatar
Stab74
* * * *
Posts: 900
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:54 am
Location: Lexington, KY

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by Stab74 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:24 am

As I read elsewhere what we have now is a case of Schrodinger's Glenn. He is both dead and alive (or undead?) until we observe him in a future episode.
"As previously stated, we want to avoid discussions of illegal activities on this forum, but at the same time we do not want to completely stifle discussion." - Doctor Jest, Moderator

Mod clarification on what constitutes discussion of illegal activities

User avatar
MacWa77ace
* * * * *
Posts: 1988
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:39 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Omega Man, I Am Legend, Dawn of the Dead v1974.
Location: South East Florida
Contact:

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by MacWa77ace » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:37 am

Are the Wolves a religious Cult?

Cryptic statements made by captured Wolf:

"We're freeing you. You're trapped. You need to know, people don't belong here anymore."

Image
Lifetime gamer watch at:
MacWa77ace YouTube Channel


Image
Image

JackBauer
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 593
Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:05 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: All of the Night of the Dead series
I Am Legend
28 Days Later
Walking Dead (tv series)
Location: North Jersey
Contact:

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by JackBauer » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:54 pm

Glenn's alive..theres a season requisite that he and Maggie have a love scene to remind us what survival is really about.....

Anyone know what kind of stick Morgan is using? Id love to add one to my preps and get some crazy-ass stick-fu training.
A person should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog,. .., build a wall, set a bone, take and give orders, cooperate, analyze & solve problems, fight efficiently, die gallantly RH
http://johnfoberg.blogspot.com/

User avatar
Evan the Diplomat
* * * * *
Posts: 2220
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:48 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead (2004), Savageland
Location: Fairfax, VA

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by Evan the Diplomat » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:30 pm

JackBauer wrote:
Anyone know what kind of stick Morgan is using? Id love to add one to my preps and get some crazy-ass stick-fu training.
A rubber one.

At the end of last season you could see it had a leather thong to make a wrist loop at the top. On this season the hole is still here but the thong is gone.

Also it seems to be about as thick as a broomstick, one of those push brooms we used in school. It is smooth about a foot and a half down it starts to look like it was twisted as if a vine had been growing around it before it was cut.

If you want to learn how to use a staff just find some invasive bamboo and cut yourself a length at each of the joints in the bamboo and you can start practicing with that eventually going to a hardwood like a piece of Hickory or oak.
Priests and cannibals, prehistoric animals
Everybody happy as the dead come home

Big black nemesis, parthenogenesis
No-one move a muscle as the dead come home

JackBauer
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 593
Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:05 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: All of the Night of the Dead series
I Am Legend
28 Days Later
Walking Dead (tv series)
Location: North Jersey
Contact:

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by JackBauer » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:58 pm

Evan the Diplomat wrote:
JackBauer wrote:
Anyone know what kind of stick Morgan is using? Id love to add one to my preps and get some crazy-ass stick-fu training.
A rubber one.

At the end of last season you could see it had a leather thong to make a wrist loop at the top. On this season the hole is still here but the thong is gone.

Also it seems to be about as thick as a broomstick, one of those push brooms we used in school. It is smooth about a foot and a half down it starts to look like it was twisted as if a vine had been growing around it before it was cut.

If you want to learn how to use a staff just find some invasive bamboo and cut yourself a length at each of the joints in the bamboo and you can start practicing with that eventually going to a hardwood like a piece of Hickory or oak.
Thanks for the feedback Evan!
A person should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog,. .., build a wall, set a bone, take and give orders, cooperate, analyze & solve problems, fight efficiently, die gallantly RH
http://johnfoberg.blogspot.com/

User avatar
Paladin1
* * * * *
Posts: 4451
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:56 pm
Location: Central Ohio

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by Paladin1 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:14 pm

ineffableone wrote:
Bubba Enfield wrote:That crew sucks in the arson department. They wander all over town looking for the right building to burn, while running past stacks of pallets and trash that would light up real good. I said to my wife at one point, "If I was there, all of downtown would be burning by now". They didn't need the perfect structure fire, they needed visible smoke.
Totally agree, I would have been trying to light up that entire town, not just one "perfect" building. As soon as there wasn't an immediate zombie threat, I would be lighting on fire anything that could burn. Then on to the next burny thing and the next. Until enough of the town was burning that there would be no chance of it just going out.
+1

I would have set the pet store they were in on fire.

Every store has a back door/receiving area. I would checked that out first then when about setting up a really good fire stack of materials towards the front of the building.

Out the back you go with some makeshift touches as well, all that rotted clothing on the walkers make them walking fire logs. Set the edges of the herd on fire, toss a few flaming torches into the group and they eventually burn up.

Of course, I would have just left them in the mine pit and done the same thing, but they always listen to Rick instead of me- no matter how loud I scream at the TV.
WWSD?

User avatar
Bearcat
* * * * *
Posts: 3950
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:03 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Do I have to choose?
Location: Nasty Natti, Ohio

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by Bearcat » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:48 pm

Paladin1 wrote: Set the edges of the herd on fire, toss a few flaming torches into the group and they eventually burn up.
And start an out of control forest fire.
Meat N' Taters wrote:Death rays, advanced technology or not, no creature wants to be stabbed in their hoo-hoo.
Jvandenhaus wrote:Zombie squad: If you aren't one of us, you wish you were.

Fletch
* * * *
Posts: 838
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:12 am
Location: 25,000 light years from the galactic core, spinning at approx. 67,000mph on a tiny rock called Erf

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by Fletch » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:04 pm

No shortage of vehicles, shame they didn't think to line them up around a hundred yards apart and set off the car alarms/horns in a chain to draw off the walkers.

Also, learn to stick fight - Like a Sir! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bartitsu
Image
"They want their jobs to be easy, and a policeman's job is easy only in a police state."

User avatar
Towanda
* * * * *
Posts: 3684
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:02 am
Location: Ypsilanti, MI

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by Towanda » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:36 pm

Regarding Rick's hand: Kirkman has said repeatedly that TV Rick is going to keep his hand, and that he wishes he had never done that to GN Rick.

Sent via carrier wave
Holding a grudge is like swallowing poison and expecting someone else to die.

Image
SMoAF wrote:You could have your very own Trunk SMoAF. That'd HAVE to have some practical value for you.

User avatar
ineffableone
* * * * *
Posts: 3603
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:15 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: Undead, Dead Alive/Braindead, Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland, 28 days, 28 Weeks Later, I Am Legend, Resident Evil franchise, Serenity (I would call Revers pretty damn zombie), Versus, Black Sheep
Location: Pac Northwest, East of the Cascades

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by ineffableone » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:43 am

JackBauer wrote:Glenn's alive..theres a season requisite that he and Maggie have a love scene to remind us what survival is really about.....

Anyone know what kind of stick Morgan is using? Id love to add one to my preps and get some crazy-ass stick-fu training.
In general you would want a hard wood for a staff/stick weapon. Ash and oak is a fairly typical staff wood for a quarter staff. Ash tends to be more springy and flexible while oak more dense and stiff.

The better staff weapons are ones made from a sapling the size you desire with the right straightness. However you can use larger dimension wood and shave it down into a staff shape. Though this tends to make for a less desirable staff as you can end up with grain run off that creates weak points and can have splinter lift if the staff flexes on an impact, that then becomes a hazard to your handling of the weapon. Much like a bow stave, if you make a staff from a larger piece you would want to try and stay within the same growth ring to limit grain run off.
"Once a man has seen society's black underbelly, he can never turn his back on it. Never pretend, like you do, that it doesn't exist"

"None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with ME!"


ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

feanor
*
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:58 am

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by feanor » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:13 am

I bet Glenn is alive and help comes from the building with the fire escape. With what's being said about him coming back in some shape or form with that many zeds it's not as a zombie. Maybe if he just haunts Maggie for a couple of episodes but my money's on him being alive.

User avatar
Iowa_guy
* * *
Posts: 373
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:35 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland
Location: Central Iowa

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by Iowa_guy » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:38 pm

I keep thinking Michonne may have been foreshadowing when she told Heath “You haven’t been through it… Have you ever done things that made you feel afraid of yourself afterward? Have you ever been covered in so much blood that you didn’t know if it was yours, or walkers’, or your friends’?”

Remember she wasn't there when Rick and Glenn donned the zombie suits in Season 1.

User avatar
majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Posts: 7146
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 10:06 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, ZombieLand, Dawn of the Dead
Location: Maine

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by majorhavoc » Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:03 pm

Iowa_guy wrote:I keep thinking Michonne may have been foreshadowing when she told Heath “You haven’t been through it… Have you ever done things that made you feel afraid of yourself afterward? Have you ever been covered in so much blood that you didn’t know if it was yours, or walkers’, or your friends’?”

Remember she wasn't there when Rick and Glenn donned the zombie suits in Season 1.
When they were fording that small river, Heath pauses to look at his reflection in the water and sees that he is indeed covered in blood. I think the intent there was to convey his growing understanding of what Michonne had said to him.

User avatar
Stercutus
* * * * *
Posts: 13580
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:16 pm
Location: Time Out

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by Stercutus » Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:59 pm

One of the few episodes we have watched in relatively real time.

Me - "Glenn is going to die here, there is no escape"

Teen 1 "Dad, he can't die, he is in the main group"

Me- "IDK, they are completely surrounded with no help in sight"

Teen 2 "They will figure out a way"

*BANG, tumble, munch, munch, munch, munch*

Teens- "NO!"


Glenn was much more popular than most of the characters simply because he was the nicest one left, was smart and competent and he was not a tool. It will be tough to replace him if he is gone and difficult to explain him being alive if he lives. If he lives I think they may have jumped the shark here.
You go 'round and around it
You go over and under
I go through

User avatar
Paladin1
* * * * *
Posts: 4451
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:56 pm
Location: Central Ohio

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by Paladin1 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:25 pm

Bearcat wrote:
Paladin1 wrote: Set the edges of the herd on fire, toss a few flaming torches into the group and they eventually burn up.
And start an out of control forest fire.
Or be eaten alive by a hoard of zombies....mmm, what to do.... :?
WWSD?

User avatar
RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 9208
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:24 pm
Location: Gulf Coast, AL

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by RickOShea » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:22 pm

Iowa_guy wrote:I keep thinking Michonne may have been foreshadowing when she told Heath “You haven’t been through it… Have you ever done things that made you feel afraid of yourself afterward? Have you ever been covered in so much blood that you didn’t know if it was yours, or walkers’, or your friends’?”

Remember she wasn't there when Rick and Glenn donned the zombie suits in Season 1.
She got covered in walker squeezins' during her fight with Merle and his crew after she left Woodbury. Image



Image



Image
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

User avatar
Evan the Diplomat
* * * * *
Posts: 2220
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:48 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead (2004), Savageland
Location: Fairfax, VA

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by Evan the Diplomat » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:53 pm

RickOShea wrote:
Iowa_guy wrote:I keep thinking Michonne may have been foreshadowing when she told Heath “You haven’t been through it… Have you ever done things that made you feel afraid of yourself afterward? Have you ever been covered in so much blood that you didn’t know if it was yours, or walkers’, or your friends’?”

Remember she wasn't there when Rick and Glenn donned the zombie suits in Season 1.
She got covered in walker squeezins' during her fight with Merle and his crew after she left Woodbury. Image



Image
But walker squeezins are naturally cured(fermented?) and Glenn is covered in freshly pulped Nicholas, which is to zombies, is what a hot Krispy Kreme doughnaught is to a fat boy.
Priests and cannibals, prehistoric animals
Everybody happy as the dead come home

Big black nemesis, parthenogenesis
No-one move a muscle as the dead come home

Post Reply

Return to “Zombie Training Films”