"Walking Dead" Cable Series

Zombie and/or other Post-Apocalyptic related movies for us to study and know what not to do.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

SeerSavant
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead
28 Days Later
Serenity/Firefly (Reavers, man!)

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by SeerSavant » Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:18 pm

In my head, I'd always likened Jesus to Kane (from Kung Fu) and imagined that anyone who played him would probably have Laconic at the top of his acting traits...

Comics (for me anyway) tend to work better when the actors tone down the emotions... Comics feel like they are written for stage, while film is a very subdued performance...

Jesus (in my humble opinion) would be better served as a minimalist in actions.... More Buddist Monk/Hippy than Ninja/Warrior of the wasteland type...

Jesus can go in some many directions from the Comic's portrayal and I'm curious as to who and how the character will be portrayed...

In many ways, he's more interesting a character than Negan is...

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:35 pm

See, everything is gonna be juuuust fine. Image

whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:05 pm

Ha, Morley cigarettes......I don't think I've seen a pack of those since The Smoking Man in the X-Files. :ooh:

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

Paladin1

Post by Paladin1 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:07 pm

Well, we now know Carol is not faking an injury just to get inside!

I am find myself conflicted about all the flashbacks. On one hand, they can provide some insight to the characters, on the other, they burned a ot of time that could be used to advance the story.

When Carol laid back in the bed I thought for sure Daryl was going to kiss her. But then again, he became close to Beth.
WWSD?

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:32 pm

I wonder if that was supposed to be Rick's "tank" from season 1 episode 1? :ooh:

SeerSavant
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead
28 Days Later
Serenity/Firefly (Reavers, man!)

Post by SeerSavant » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:43 pm

Didn't get a good look, I believe the tank from season one was a Chieftain, not a Abrams...

The Morley cigarettes.... :clap:

Ninja Edit....
It's a popular brand :mrgreen:

The Daryl and Carol show was exactly what I expected, I like the less dialogue more "moments" type of film making that this show has been showing lately...

I still think that when Rick's group and Dawn's group collide there will be a moment of recognition...

Also...

I wouldn't be opposed to Daryl and Carol wandering off... even though the spin off won't have any of the cast on it... But there seemed to be a lot of foreshadowing between them.

Ninja Edit part Deux...

Anyone else get the vibe that Chris Hardwick (Talking Dead) was stoned during the episode? He was a bit off, glassy eyed, and seemed a bit.... dunno, high?

gunsandrockets
Favorite Zombie Movies: 1979 Dawn of the Dead
Sean of the Dead
Return of the Living Dead
Zombieland
The Walking Dead

Post by gunsandrockets » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:46 am

RickOShea wrote:I wonder if that was supposed to be Rick's "tank" from season 1 episode 1? :ooh:
Bingo! Yeah, I caught that too.

Makes me wonder how close the hospital people and Rick's people might have crossed paths in season 1.
I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

gunsandrockets
Favorite Zombie Movies: 1979 Dawn of the Dead
Sean of the Dead
Return of the Living Dead
Zombieland
The Walking Dead

Post by gunsandrockets » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:03 am

Paladin1 wrote:Well, we now know Carol is not faking an injury just to get inside!

I am find myself conflicted about all the flashbacks. On one hand, they can provide some insight to the characters, on the other, they burned a ot of time that could be used to advance the story.

When Carol laid back in the bed I thought for sure Daryl was going to kiss her. But then again, he became close to Beth.

Yeah. Just when I think I can predict what is going to happen the show throws a curve at me.

Like the near death hostility when Daryl/Carol met Noah.

Seeing how Carol was run down, now I know how Beth "blacked out" on the road! (back when she and Daryl were roaming together after the fall of the prison)

As far as pacing, I like what this season has done so far. Wham-bam with the termites, while taking it slower with the hospital plot.

Even though things now look very bad for Carol, I no longer think either Carol or Beth is doomed, and maybe both will survive this season.

And I have to say I found The Talking Dead more insightful than usual. Moar please Yvette Nicole Brown!
Last edited by gunsandrockets on Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

Honeypot
Favorite Zombie Movies: Serenity

Post by Honeypot » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:29 am

I thoroughly enjoyed all of the scenes filling in Carol's recent history.

I loved Daryl's gentle kindness burials.
I had been faked out, and had been convinced it would be Beth.

About half way thru, it dawned on me that we weren't going to have the Big Battle this week, and that it probably won't happen until the last ep before the break. Since this is my very first time watching it in Real Time (no cable at home, so we've binged every other season), I finally get what agony y'all have gone thru every season!

Ditto on "moar" Yvette Nicole Brown.

RickOShea wrote:Ha, Morley cigarettes......I don't think I've seen a pack of those since The Smoking Man in the X-Files. :ooh:
My brain just did a Star Wars mashup... Daryl, I Am Your Father ;)

They should sign CancerMan for a guest ep!
Pro : cake & pie, Kaywinnet Lee Frye's response to the Apocalypse
Anti: rage trolls, nanny squad, oaf & bigot squad, PAW boys, spammersImage

Rick Shaw
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Rick Shaw » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:42 am

I am happy to see more ak47 use in this season.

Rick was handling the ak like a champion in the first episode.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:40 am

gunsandrockets wrote:
RickOShea wrote:I wonder if that was supposed to be Rick's "tank" from season 1 episode 1? :ooh:

Makes me wonder how close the hospital people and Rick's people might have crossed paths in season 1.
Pretty close.....

Rick Shaw
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Rick Shaw » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:00 pm

RickOShea wrote:
gunsandrockets wrote:

Pretty close.....

Makes me wonder what happened to the vatos in the nursing home in season 1.
I don't think the cops from the hospital would be able to handle them

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:11 pm

Rick Shaw wrote:Makes me wonder what happened to the vatos in the nursing home in season 1.
Going by the deleted scenes from season 2, the Vatos didn't last too long.....

CarolinaPeach
Favorite Zombie Movies: I was hoping it would be "World War Z" but I don't think that's going to happen. So, in order: Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Shaun of the Dead and Zombieland...so far.

Post by CarolinaPeach » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:05 pm

It could have been some of the more fringe elements of the hospital group that took out the nursing home group, simply for the supplies and weapons. That way, they could be a useful part of the hospital and get the benefits of a safe place, even if part of the benefits they were getting included being sexually abused, worked like a dog, charged for expenses and taking a beating occasionally.

Peach

Murphman
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Murphman » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:38 pm

I always assumed it was the Governor who came in and wiped out the vatos. Phillip even discussed hitting other groups in a few different episodes, but I can't remember if he mentioned a nursing home.

What confuses me is that you have three active groups looking for people in the same AO (four, if you include Terminus), that didn't run into each other until it was convenient. Convenient plot armor, no?
"If you are prepped for pandemic flu, you are more than prepped for Ebola. And pandemic flu is hella more likely, that's the one that scares me, personally." - Duodecima...and she's a freaking doctor. What are you?

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:42 pm

Murphman wrote:I always assumed it was the Governor who came in and wiped out the vatos. Phillip even discussed hitting other groups in a few different episodes, but I can't remember if he mentioned a nursing home.

What confuses me is that you have three active groups looking for people in the same AO (four, if you include Terminus), that didn't run into each other until it was convenient. Convenient plot armor, no?

Well, Terminus was down by Macon, around 80 miles SSE of Atlanta, and Woodbury and the prison was around 35 to 40 miles SSW of Atlanta.........But like Merle said, "I guess this old world gets a little smaller toward the end, huh?" Image

Rick Shaw
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Rick Shaw » Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:17 pm

RickOShea wrote:
Rick Shaw wrote:Makes me wonder what happened to the vatos in the nursing home in season 1.

I've never seen this.

Daryl was hardcore in the beginning

Rick Shaw
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Rick Shaw » Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:13 pm

RickOShea wrote:

I've never seen this.

Daryl was hardcore in the beginning

Bubba Enfield
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland, 28 Days later, Dawn'78, The Horde

Post by Bubba Enfield » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:49 pm

RickOShea wrote:

I'd forgotten just how foolish Lori was. But Rick's accent has gotten better since then.
Prioritize your health. Get out of debt. Grow food.

Rick Shaw
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Rick Shaw » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:46 am

Bubba Enfield wrote:
RickOShea wrote:

I'd forgotten just how foolish Lori was. But Rick's accent has gotten better since then.
Foolish...yes
Smoking hot....also yes

I also liked watching Shane play daddy to Carl right in front of Rick.
That was great

Rick Shaw
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Rick Shaw » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:55 am

Watching older episode compared to current episodes you really see the difference in the show between darabont and gimple.

Darabont episodes are a lot of dialogue and moody characters talking about life.

Gimple episodes are more action driven with witty character exchanges.

Got to say it. I credit Darabont with getting to show running and I love him for it.
But, I like Gimple's style so much more.

ODA 226
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by ODA 226 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:33 am

dogbane wrote:I made a little meme for Eugene:
HAHAHAHA! BRILLIANT!
Bitka Sve Rešava!
NEVER SACRIFICE SECURITY FOR SPEED!
B-2-10 SFG(A)/ A-2-11 SFG(A) 1977-1994

My INCH Bag
My Ultimate Altoid Tin
My Bug-In Solar Lights
My Wilderness Ditch Kit

Mikeyboy

Post by Mikeyboy » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:11 am

Rick Shaw wrote:Watching older episode compared to current episodes you really see the difference in the show between darabont and gimple.

Darabont episodes are a lot of dialogue and moody characters talking about life.

Gimple episodes are more action driven with witty character exchanges.

Got to say it. I credit Darabont with getting to show running and I love him for it.
But, I like Gimple's style so much more.
+1 to this. I have a family member that never seen TWD and is trying to binge watch. I keep telling him the first 3 seasons are important in terms of plot and backstory, but its a tough sell, because it was so "soap opera-ie" Just comparing the farm season to this season its almost like night and day. I mean an entire season to get to the climax of Sophia in the Barn and Shane finally losing it and trying to kill Rick, versus Terminus, the slaughterhouse scene, fighting out of terminus, Bob getting snagged and his leg eaten, and the church scene...and heck the season isn't even over yet.

Call me crazy but the whole Terminus Slaughterhouse scene was well done, not just for the brutality and goriness of the "bonk and slice" but the suspense with the assembly line getting closer and closer to team Rick, and how they hovered over Glenn. Same with the build up to the church scene and the "I am going to snap little asskickers neck" Tyreese ground and pound scene. Definitely a little less soap opera drama and more action and suspense.

Mikeyboy

Post by Mikeyboy » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:37 am

Rick Shaw wrote:
RickOShea wrote:
gunsandrockets wrote:

Pretty close.....

Makes me wonder what happened to the vatos in the nursing home in season 1.
So Grady Memorial Hospital, is an actual hospital in Atlanta and not made up. I just wonder if they just filmed that scene in season 1 because the location was available and they had no forethought on the buildings in background and the future season storyline, or did they actually have that hospital in the background on purpose.

Return to “Zombie Training Films”