"Walking Dead" Cable Series

Zombie and/or other Post-Apocalyptic related movies for us to study and know what not to do.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

ineffableone
Favorite Zombie Movies: Undead, Dead Alive/Braindead, Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland, 28 days, 28 Weeks Later, I Am Legend, Resident Evil franchise, Serenity (I would call Revers pretty damn zombie), Versus, Black Sheep

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by ineffableone » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:19 pm

Son of Jord wrote:......and WTF is with people carrying big packs by one f-ing shoulder strap?
It is a huge pet peeve of mine with Hollywood movies and TV. The idiot idea that people would carry vital gear in a pack with only one strap on their shoulder. The sad part is the trend is a feed back loop. Kids made it cool to do a long time ago and the industry perpetuated it by putting it in the film and TV which influenced the new generation of kids who then made it popular with the entertainment industry again, and so on and so on.

Some day it will be broken I hope, but until then we will have to keep seeing people carrying packs with just one strap looking like idiots when the industry thinks it looks cool.
"Once a man has seen society's black underbelly, he can never turn his back on it. Never pretend, like you do, that it doesn't exist"

"None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with ME!"

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

Raven927

Post by Raven927 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:35 pm

Anyone els notice Bub from day of the dead in the tunnels? They have had a few cameo zombies this season.
crypto wrote:The Ruger Hokey-Pokey

YOU PUT THE MAGAZINE IN
YOU TAKE THE MAGAZINE OUT
YOU TURN IT UPSIDE-DOWN AND THEN YOU SHAKE IT ALL ABOUT
YOU YELL SOME MOTHERFUCKERS THEN YOU BEAT THE SPRING BACK OUT
THATS-WHAT-ITS-ALL-ABOUT!

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:39 pm

Raven927 wrote:Anyone els notice Bub from day of the dead in the tunnels? They have had a few cameo zombies this season.
I thought that was Bub.....Nicotero likes throwing in the occasional homage zombie.

http://www.cannibalreviews.com/2013/03/ ... -dead.html
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

Gun_Nut_2k1

Post by Gun_Nut_2k1 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:21 am

Just watched the episode with a friend. And for those worried about spoilers stop reading here ..... anyone catch the Bub Day of The Dead Zombie in the tunnel? Looked a lot like the underground corral from day too. I only read one page back so..

And there you guys are talking about him. My bad.
GN
Oneswunk wrote:Interesting idea, but I still prefer the feel of wood in my hands.
tarzan wrote:Not a sound argument for having wood, in my opinion.
Tommy Tran wrote:Before I drop hammer on a 'clear' SG I full finger both tubes!

Bearcat
Favorite Zombie Movies: Do I have to choose?

Post by Bearcat » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:19 am

Norm Reedus is 45? I thought he was in his 30's.
Meat N' Taters wrote:Death rays, advanced technology or not, no creature wants to be stabbed in their hoo-hoo.
Jvandenhaus wrote:Zombie squad: If you aren't one of us, you wish you were.

ausher
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: so far zombieland because i think it accuratly depicts what a zombie could be like. not a dead becoming undead, but an infected human... kinda like a dog with raibies. even tho signs of other survivors were non existant in the movie except for the 4 main characters and bill murray...

Post by ausher » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:13 pm

I wonder if tv Eugene is like the comic Eugene? Tv Eugene apparently is a big online gaming nerd. I think Tv Eugene is a big bull shitter.

DFWMTX
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by DFWMTX » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:16 pm

It sounds like "Joe" has prior knowledge of Terminus. I'm wondering how. Did he help set it up? Was he there once and got out? Unsure. And where are the other people in Terminus? You need more than just one adult to run such a trap, I'd suspect. Could be there's cannibal children hiding somewhere, but the place was pretty quiet.
It can always get worse.

jor-el

Post by jor-el » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:35 pm

Gun_Nut_2k1 wrote:Just watched the episode with a friend. And for those worried about spoilers stop reading here ..... anyone catch the Bub Day of The Dead Zombie in the tunnel? Looked a lot like the underground corral from day too. I only read one page back so..

And there you guys are talking about him. My bad.
I was wondering why a zombie would be wearing a leather collar.
My son, you will travel far, but never be alone, for I am with you, my M14 and battle axe comfort you.

Paladin1

Post by Paladin1 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:30 pm

Good episode, but of course I've got some peeves.

I understand that Glen is driven to find Maggie, but to risk his and Tara's lives in the tunnel was a little over the top.

Terminus had no guards and the gates were unlocked!? If that is not a red flag I don't what is. I don't think I would have just walked in, especially with a sign that says "Lower your weapons" :shock:

I would have reconned the and sent in a few to investigate.
WWSD?

ineffableone
Favorite Zombie Movies: Undead, Dead Alive/Braindead, Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland, 28 days, 28 Weeks Later, I Am Legend, Resident Evil franchise, Serenity (I would call Revers pretty damn zombie), Versus, Black Sheep

Post by ineffableone » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:41 pm

Paladin1 wrote:Good episode, but of course I've got some peeves.

I understand that Glen is driven to find Maggie, but to risk his and Tara's lives in the tunnel was a little over the top.

Terminus had no guards and the gates were unlocked!? If that is not a red flag I don't what is. I don't think I would have just walked in, especially with a sign that says "Lower your weapons" :shock:

I would have reconned the and sent in a few to investigate.
Yep I would have set up a distance away from it, and watched the place through binoculars for at least a few days. Then maybe sent a couple scouts in to test the waters. Considering all these folks have been through, you would think they would be a lot more cautious.
"Once a man has seen society's black underbelly, he can never turn his back on it. Never pretend, like you do, that it doesn't exist"

"None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with ME!"

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

Gun_Nut_2k1

Post by Gun_Nut_2k1 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:41 pm

ausher wrote:I wonder if tv Eugene is like the comic Eugene? Tv Eugene apparently is a big online gaming nerd. I think Tv Eugene is a big bull shitter.
Well I'm not sure if he played online games or not, but there is finally a character I hate more than Andrea. He sounds anymore like Gump he's going to have to pay royalties.
GN
Oneswunk wrote:Interesting idea, but I still prefer the feel of wood in my hands.
tarzan wrote:Not a sound argument for having wood, in my opinion.
Tommy Tran wrote:Before I drop hammer on a 'clear' SG I full finger both tubes!

NamelessStain

Post by NamelessStain » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:51 pm

Gun_Nut_2k1 wrote:
ausher wrote:I wonder if tv Eugene is like the comic Eugene? Tv Eugene apparently is a big online gaming nerd. I think Tv Eugene is a big bull shitter.
Well I'm not sure if he played online games or not, but there is finally a character I hate more than Andrea. He sounds anymore like Gump he's going to have to pay royalties.
jnathan wrote:Since we lost some posts due to some database work I'll just put this here for posterity.
Q wrote:Buckle up

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:37 pm

Some more foreshadowing from Gimple?

Promo from New Zealand.....and like all the other non-US promos, is fairly spoilery:

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

ZomCon Sargeant
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (1978), Dead Snow, Fido, Night of the Living Dead (1968 & 1989), Day of the Dead, Zombieland, 28 Days Later, Return of the living Dead, and Shaun of the Dead.

Post by ZomCon Sargeant » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:29 pm

"Rachel, is that you? I've been waiting for you, Rachel. And now I'm going to twist your back like mine, so you'll never get out of bed again... Never get out of bed again! Never get out of bed again!"
"ZomCon: A better life through containment"

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:37 pm

"Beef.....Beth....it's what's for dinner." :crazy:

ineffableone

Post by ineffableone » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:41 pm

RickOShea wrote:Some more foreshadowing from Gimple?

OK that is increasing the spookie shit that is Terminus.

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

ausher
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: so far zombieland because i think it accuratly depicts what a zombie could be like. not a dead becoming undead, but an infected human... kinda like a dog with raibies. even tho signs of other survivors were non existant in the movie except for the 4 main characters and bill murray...

Post by ausher » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:46 pm

RickOShea wrote:"Beef.....Beth....it's what's for dinner." :crazy:

Beth.... the other white meat!

Bubba Enfield
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland, 28 Days later, Dawn'78, The Horde

Post by Bubba Enfield » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:56 pm

I think it's interesting that Darryl has always been the tough guy of the group, and now he's the softie.
Prioritize your health. Get out of debt. Grow food.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:44 pm

ausher
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by ausher » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:56 pm

I noticed Daryl's poncho on maggie and thought,"hey! Isn't that Daryl's poncho?"

CarolinaPeach
Favorite Zombie Movies: I was hoping it would be "World War Z" but I don't think that's going to happen. So, in order: Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Shaun of the Dead and Zombieland...so far.

Post by CarolinaPeach » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:41 pm

I saw Emily Kinney on tonight's episode of The Following.

Peach

JackBauer
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: All of the Night of the Dead series
I Am Legend
28 Days Later
Walking Dead (tv series)

Post by JackBauer » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:24 pm

Yep saw her on Following. Short part...
A person should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog,. .., build a wall, set a bone, take and give orders, cooperate, analyze & solve problems, fight efficiently, die gallantly RH
http://johnfoberg.blogspot.com/

ace of shades

Post by ace of shades » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:07 am

I would have never guessed that "marry" was Denise Crosby - After the black tar goo thing got her Tasha Yar on TNG she went down hill and looks nothing the same.

Also, luckilly I don't think the caddy that Darryl didn't claim was the one that took Beth. We'll see though
I hear what you're saying - I just don't respect you enough to give a fuck about your opinion

The VolksRodders Forum - cut, weld, drive

mbaz73
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead '78
Dawn of the Dead '04
28 Days Later - although not technically a zombie movie

Post by mbaz73 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:24 pm

Good episode, liked the update across all the groups with the exception of Carol which we got last week. Terminus is definitely not right... not certain how "they" can just leave the gates unlocked like that, did not make sense at all...
BLOG | YOUTUBE

11 Bravo
"If the enemy is in range, so are you."
"If your attack is going too well, you’re walking into an ambush."
"Try to look unimportant; they may be low on ammo."
- Infantry Journal

AUT VIAM INVENIAM AUT FACIAM

Return to “Zombie Training Films”