"Walking Dead" Cable Series

Zombie and/or other Post-Apocalyptic related movies for us to study and know what not to do.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

TheLastRifleMan
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by TheLastRifleMan » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:51 pm

ineffableone, those are good points and you are right about green bone and dead bone's strength.

Like I mentioned in my earlier post, it has been 18 months in the show, so I would have to imagine that some of the bone tissues in the older walkers has got to be degraded somewhat. I wonder if the virus, like some diseases, causes damage to the internal structures of bones, making them more soft and plastic like then hard. Fantasy speculation, of course but and interesting source of discussion.

Thanks for bringing those points up. I didn't think of that.

"If ye break faith with those who died,
We shall not sleep..."

ineffableone
Favorite Zombie Movies: Undead, Dead Alive/Braindead, Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland, 28 days, 28 Weeks Later, I Am Legend, Resident Evil franchise, Serenity (I would call Revers pretty damn zombie), Versus, Black Sheep

Post by ineffableone » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:16 pm

TheLastRifleMan wrote:ineffableone, those are good points and you are right about green bone and dead bone's strength.

Like I mentioned in my earlier post, it has been 18 months in the show, so I would have to imagine that some of the bone tissues in the older walkers has got to be degraded somewhat. I wonder if the virus, like some diseases, causes damage to the internal structures of bones, making them more soft and plastic like then hard. Fantasy speculation, of course but and interesting source of discussion.

Thanks for bringing those points up. I didn't think of that.
Thanks, it is actually something I have oddly thought a lot about. Most people don't actually have much exposure to bone these days, and so only think of bone as the old hard brittle stuff that is from long dead bone.

While I doubt WD has put much consideration into the subject, it is something that could be used to explain why the skulls have seemed to become easier to penetrate and crush.
"Once a man has seen society's black underbelly, he can never turn his back on it. Never pretend, like you do, that it doesn't exist"

"None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with ME!"

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:05 am

We've discussed the "soft/brittle bone" stuff before in this thread.....You'd expect that there'd be a lot of them walking around with broken jaws, but the walkers seem to be able to bite through everything but duct tape.
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

TheLastRifleMan
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later

Post by TheLastRifleMan » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:26 am

RickOShea wrote:We've discussed the "soft/brittle bone" stuff before in this thread.....You'd expect that there'd be a lot of them walking around with broken jaws, but the walkers seem to be able to bite through everything but duct tape.
Good point as well. The jaw muscles, as well as the rest of the muscles, seem to still be strong. It's their co ordination that is screwed up from brain damage. But if the virus is ravaging their skeletal structure, you think you would see more dislocated or missing jaws, broken fingers, arms and legs due to fragile bone structure. And missing teeth.

"If ye break faith with those who died,
We shall not sleep..."

Boondock
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Boondock » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:02 am

Maybe it's all the milk I drank as a kid, but I've been in enough knock-down, drag-out fights to know you can't destroy a human body as easily as they do on TWD.

Gun_Nut_2k1

Post by Gun_Nut_2k1 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:18 pm

Boondock wrote:Maybe it's all the milk I drank as a kid, but I've been in enough knock-down, drag-out fights to know you can't destroy a human body as easily as they do on TWD.
Milk is not in sync wit evolution. Well unless it's Mudders Milk®
GN
Oneswunk wrote:Interesting idea, but I still prefer the feel of wood in my hands.
tarzan wrote:Not a sound argument for having wood, in my opinion.
Tommy Tran wrote:Before I drop hammer on a 'clear' SG I full finger both tubes!

Evan the Diplomat
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead (2004), Savageland

Post by Evan the Diplomat » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:20 pm

Gun_Nut_2k1 wrote:
Boondock wrote:Maybe it's all the milk I drank as a kid, but I've been in enough knock-down, drag-out fights to know you can't destroy a human body as easily as they do on TWD.
Milk is not in sync with evolution. Well unless it's Mudders Milk®
Half right. We were not designed to get our calcium from cows milk as adults. Certain greens and the bones from the small fish, lizards and such we swallowed whole as primitive humans gave us our calcium. Europeans have evolved to tolerate, and process, wide variety of dairy products from cows, sheep and goats. Other cultures like, say the Kalahari bushmen, would become ill from drinking cows milk.
Priests and cannibals, prehistoric animals
Everybody happy as the dead come home

Big black nemesis, parthenogenesis
No-one move a muscle as the dead come home

Boondock
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Boondock » Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:16 am

The milk thing was a joke, fellas. :wink:

Still say you can't just wreck a body like they do on TWD.

Gun_Nut_2k1

Post by Gun_Nut_2k1 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:29 am

My God guys! Have you never watched Snatch or Jaynestown? I even put the "®" as a hint. Please turn in your brown coats and have a seat. ;)
GN
Oneswunk wrote:Interesting idea, but I still prefer the feel of wood in my hands.

Boondock
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Boondock » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:20 am

Gun_Nut_2k1 wrote:Please turn in your brown coats...
Ah, Firefly. R.I.P.

No, I just didn't want to accidentally start a 30-page debate about milk consumption creating a species of super zombies. :D

Gun_Nut_2k1

Post by Gun_Nut_2k1 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:01 pm

Yeah, that would be utter-ly ridiculous. :mrgreen:
GN

ineffableone
Favorite Zombie Movies: Undead, Dead Alive/Braindead, Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland, 28 days, 28 Weeks Later, I Am Legend, Resident Evil franchise, Serenity (I would call Revers pretty damn zombie), Versus, Black Sheep

Post by ineffableone » Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:11 pm

Gun_Nut_2k1 wrote:My God guys! Have you never watched Snatch or Jaynestown? I even put the "®" as a hint. Please turn in your brown coats and have a seat. ;)
As soon as I saw your Mudders Milk this song get stuck in my head.

As it is such a good song I didn't mind. :lol:
"Once a man has seen society's black underbelly, he can never turn his back on it. Never pretend, like you do, that it doesn't exist"

"None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with ME!"

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

Son of Jord

Post by Son of Jord » Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:13 pm

TheLastRifleMan wrote: Like I mentioned in my earlier post, it has been 18 months in the show, so I would have to imagine that some of the bone tissues in the older walkers has got to be degraded somewhat.
Also keep in mind that every time someone dies, unless precautions are taken (brain stem damage of some sort), they turn. So I'd think there'd be fresh supplies of walkers. You'd have some so decayed, they'd be little more than scattered remains, others look a lot like people simply on a good drunk.

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, ZombieLand, Dawn of the Dead

Post by majorhavoc » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:50 pm

Son of Jord wrote:
TheLastRifleMan wrote: Like I mentioned in my earlier post, it has been 18 months in the show, so I would have to imagine that some of the bone tissues in the older walkers has got to be degraded somewhat.
Also keep in mind that every time someone dies, unless precautions are taken (brain stem damage of some sort), they turn. So I'd think there'd be fresh supplies of walkers. You'd have some so decayed, they'd be little more than scattered remains, others look a lot like people simply on a good drunk.
Also understand that the only way to establish that point in the TV TWD universe is to illustrate it in a situation where a zombie's skull in unexpected resistant to trauma. Preferably followed by a character remarking that the creature must be freshly turned.

Until that happens, the show will continue to take the easy way out and have all zombies' heads collapse like an eggshell whenever the plot demands it. Such scenes will continue to be the show's "money shots".

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:24 am

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:44 am

Gun_Nut_2k1

Post by Gun_Nut_2k1 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:53 am

RickOShea wrote:

But man don't you know the first is reasonable? The second is just male sexism.
GN

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, ZombieLand, Dawn of the Dead

Post by majorhavoc » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:58 am

Guilty as charged.

Evan the Diplomat
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead (2004), Savageland

Post by Evan the Diplomat » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:00 am

Gun_Nut_2k1 wrote:My God guys! Have you never watched Snatch or Jaynestown? I even put the "®" as a hint. Please turn in your brown coats and have a seat. ;)
Nope, I was overseas for the whole Firefly thing. Heard it was good.
Priests and cannibals, prehistoric animals
Everybody happy as the dead come home

Big black nemesis, parthenogenesis
No-one move a muscle as the dead come home

Gun_Nut_2k1

Post by Gun_Nut_2k1 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:21 am

Firefly is the best non Zombie TV show EVER to hit the air ways IMHO. The movie Snatch is on a similarly exulted level, but in a different genre.
GN

ineffableone

Post by ineffableone » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:38 pm

Gun_Nut_2k1 wrote:Firefly is the best non Zombie TV show EVER to hit the air ways IMHO. The movie Snatch is on a similarly exulted level, but in a different genre.
There is even the argument that Reavers in Firefly are space zombies. While not animated corpses, they are about as zombie as you can get without being undead.

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

raistlin
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Favorite Movie: 28 Days Later. Recent Favorite book series: The Remaining by D.J. Molles.

Post by raistlin » Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:10 pm

ineffableone wrote:
Gun_Nut_2k1 wrote:Firefly is the best non Zombie TV show EVER to hit the air ways IMHO. The movie Snatch is on a similarly exulted level, but in a different genre.
There is even the argument that Reavers in Firefly are space zombies. While not animated corpses, they are about as zombie as you can get without being undead.
Vectors in Helix would sort of fit in that class, too. Been sorted of surprised that Helix isn't being discussed much on ZS given how zombie like it is.
"This is really every father's dream. Watching his son launch a ballistic missile on his own position."

ineffableone

Post by ineffableone » Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:29 pm

raistlin wrote:
ineffableone wrote:
Vectors in Helix would sort of fit in that class, too. Been sorted of surprised that Helix isn't being discussed much on ZS given how zombie like it is.
Yes ZS has a helix thread but it is still a bit light in comments. http://www.zombiehunters.org/forum/view ... 3&t=110830 I like helix but have only watched a couple episodes so have been staying away from the thread to avoid spoilers.

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

feedthedog

Post by feedthedog » Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:55 pm

ineffableone wrote:
raistlin wrote:
ineffableone wrote:
Yes ZS has a helix thread but it is still a bit light in comments. http://www.zombiehunters.org/forum/view ... 3&t=110830 I like helix but have only watched a couple episodes so have been staying away from the thread to avoid spoilers.
Light on comments because the show is pretty terrible.....

I loved BSG, but Helix is just soooo bad.

Return to “Zombie Training Films”