"Walking Dead" Cable Series

Zombie and/or other Post-Apocalyptic related movies for us to study and know what not to do.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

User avatar
ZH10950
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Posts: 283
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:33 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: Yes.
Location: Orange County, NY

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by ZH10950 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:46 pm

KentsOkay wrote:
ZH10950 wrote: 3) A student of history, yes I do... As an example, imagine if Hitler would have been taken out before his political party took over? Hmmm.... :wink:
We'd be behind on technology by two decades and Europe would have been steamrolled by Russia instead? Shit happens for a reason, and while yes I think Red Dawn/most movies with a central bad guy/The Walking Dead in a real world situation could have many problems fixed with a little Ezio Auditore da Firenze in there, for the sake of story, there isn't. Preemptively murderizing people is pretty goddamn illegal, and if you haven't had a look at forum rules recently, pretty goddamn illegal, or even just a bit illegal stuff is strictly not discussed. Since you also seem to be planning murder for political reasons, I'mm pretty sure that hits the "no politics" rule too. So let's not get this topic locked up for stupid bullshit reasons, and let's just get back to bitching about characters and circle jerking over how entertaining many of us find this show to be.

Considering what happens to Tyreese in the GN, maybe Phillip thinks they are spys from Team Prison, and does what he does in the GN?
No, I don't want the topic locked and I'm not advocating anything illegal or political...just comparing a TV show to a possible real world senario, based on a historic occurance therefore killing anyone would be impossible because the characters themselves are fictitious or they are historical figures who are already dead.

Relax dude, you are reading way too much into this.

When you boil it all down the guy with the eye patch is trouble for the people in that town. He rounded up innocent people, some of whom cannot defend themselves. He is sending them out on an offensive against people who did not attack the town. In reality that is illegal, pre-emptive action. It's also murder! :wink:
"The people you are after are the people you depend on: we cook your meals, we haul your trash, we connect your calls, we drive your ambulances, we guard you while you sleep. Do not f*** with us." - Tyler Durden

Image

User avatar
RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 9427
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:24 pm
Location: Gulf Coast, AL

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by RickOShea » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:53 pm

whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.
Sumdood wrote:Welcome to 2020. I would list all the rules here, but there are too many and most of them are made up as we go. Just be prepared to be punished for something.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

User avatar
RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 9427
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:24 pm
Location: Gulf Coast, AL

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by RickOShea » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:06 pm

ZH10950 wrote:

When you boil it all down the guy with the eye patch is trouble for the people in that town. He rounded up innocent people, some of whom cannot defend themselves. He is sending them out on an offensive against people who did not attack the town. In reality that is illegal, pre-emptive action. It's also murder! :wink:
Sooooo......You're saying that Rick, Michonne, Daryl and Oscar didn't attack Woodbury? And just an hour or two later, Rick & Bo Peep didn't reattack Woodbury?

As far as the "citizens" of Woodbury are concerned, they were attacked by an outside hostile force that killed or wounded close to twenty of their fellow citizens. Except for Karen's concerns over her asthematic son, it didn't appear that the citizens were opposed to joining the Guv's "Army".

By your logic, if you were in the average Woodbury character's position, knowing only what they know (and not what the TV audience knows), the "crazy guy that's causing trouble" that you'd want to go "whack" would be.....Rick.
Last edited by RickOShea on Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.
Sumdood wrote:Welcome to 2020. I would list all the rules here, but there are too many and most of them are made up as we go. Just be prepared to be punished for something.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

User avatar
Pockie
* *
Posts: 222
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:13 pm
Location: Monroeville, PA

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by Pockie » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:14 pm

RickOShea wrote: By your logic, if you were in the average Woodbury character's position, knowing only what they know (and not what the TV audience knows) the crazy guy that's causing trouble that you'd want to go "whack" would be.....Rick.
This. And I think the best thing to keep in mind, ZH is that you haven't watched the whole series yet, so you're basing your idea on a couple (or even just one?) episode. My suggestion, go catch up on Netflix, and at least skim if not read the jillion posts in this forum (my crazy ass actually read the WHOLE thing before posting).
Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.- Isaac Asimov

User avatar
dogbane
* * * * *
Posts: 14406
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:44 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: the usual ones
Location: Dogbane Patch, Carolina Piedmont

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by dogbane » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:30 pm

It's also important to remember (for purposes beyond the subject of this thread) that we have forum members who, due to the nature of current or past employment, have had to actually take a human life or two, and don't regard it as a "comfortable" matter; therefore, blithe discussions of such actions by those who have not had more than an academic relationship with killing people is certain to raise some hackles.

I'm not a mod, but I think this should be the last word on the matter.
Mostly not here anymore.

User avatar
ZH10950
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Posts: 283
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:33 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: Yes.
Location: Orange County, NY

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by ZH10950 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:31 pm

Pockie wrote:
RickOShea wrote: By your logic, if you were in the average Woodbury character's position, knowing only what they know (and not what the TV audience knows) the crazy guy that's causing trouble that you'd want to go "whack" would be.....Rick.
This. And I think the best thing to keep in mind, ZH is that you haven't watched the whole series yet, so you're basing your idea on a couple (or even just one?) episode. My suggestion, go catch up on Netflix, and at least skim if not read the jillion posts in this forum (my crazy ass actually read the WHOLE thing before posting).
I heard what you guys are saying. I just have a problem with people being "rounded up." If you read back...that was the basis of all my "whacking" posts! If the Gov. would have called to arms that's one thing, but I could never support someone who arbitrarily rounds up people in that manner, more so when it is people who can't fight. That's all this was about guys. That really bothered me about that character and yes he is also an egotistical jackass!

Anyway...do you think the blond woman can/will broker a truce? Her character seems to have a presence.
"The people you are after are the people you depend on: we cook your meals, we haul your trash, we connect your calls, we drive your ambulances, we guard you while you sleep. Do not f*** with us." - Tyler Durden

Image

User avatar
Sins
* * *
Posts: 572
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:58 pm

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by Sins » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:35 pm

Is it okay to say that if I were resident of Woodbury on a mission to kill those innocent soldiers that thought they were being rescued when Captain Sanity (aka the governor) waved the white flag, I would have turned my gun on the governor instead.
Let's be honest. The residents have to have a clue that the gov is loopy. They are already showing signs of it. I think they put up with his psycho bullshit for a warm bed to sleep in.

User avatar
ZH10950
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Posts: 283
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:33 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: Yes.
Location: Orange County, NY

Re:

Post by ZH10950 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:42 pm

Sins wrote:Is it okay to say that if I were resident of Woodbury on a mission to kill those innocent soldiers that thought they were being rescued when Captain Sanity (aka the governor) waved the white flag, I would have turned my gun on the governor instead.
Let's be honest. The residents have to have a clue that the gov is loopy. They are already showing signs of it. I think they put up with his psycho bullshit for a warm bed to sleep in.
It's arbitrary rule and there is no check on his power. The only reason to live under those circumstances is because people feel that they have no choice. I just stared watching, and some here will have to excuse my "academic understanding" but the Gov's character is that of a certified loony toon and not the kind of person I'd want to see in power.
"The people you are after are the people you depend on: we cook your meals, we haul your trash, we connect your calls, we drive your ambulances, we guard you while you sleep. Do not f*** with us." - Tyler Durden

Image

User avatar
ninja-elbow
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Posts: 14171
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 12:39 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: DotD '04
DotD
NotLD
Location: Portland, OR

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by ninja-elbow » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:45 pm

RickOShea wrote:
KentsOkay wrote:Considering what happens to Tyreese in the GN, maybe Phillip thinks they are spys from Team Prison, and does what he does in the GN?
Or fresh cannon fodder that none of his "regular citizens" would miss, since they're new to the neighborhood.....

ETA: Unlike GN Martinez, it seems that TV Martinez is 110% behind the Guv. Best I can figure is that they may change the story so that TV Tyreese plays out the string that GN Martinez did.
I see it going this direction too. I wish TV Martinez was more developed than GN Martinez but oh well. After reading the books I really like the character, hubris (is that the right word?) and all. My prediction:
-- The Gov goes for some bed-sports with the female (forgot her name?) on Team Tyrese. The other 2 dudes get deaderized in the arena, Tyrese goes to the arena but gets out and does some anti-Gov stuff.

Season finale? We unveil the new Team Prison after some dramatic deaths. <<but who dies?
President ZSC011
Part Viking, Part Siamese

OTTB
* * * * *
Posts: 1204
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:10 am

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by OTTB » Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:58 pm

Judging from those pictures it looks like someone has gone a little crazy. Just a touch, but the information on the boards at least appears to be valid/in some type of order. In one of them it mentions something about a fire fight.
If you cant run, you walk, if you cant walk you crawl, if you cant crawl pray the zombies dont find you.

User avatar
UndeadInfidel
* * * * *
Posts: 2342
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:49 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland, Dawn of the Dead
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by UndeadInfidel » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:10 pm

I'll have to admit this show is the most poorly written out of any of the "hot" series on tv right now. Why am I still watching? Because zombies. That's why.
Image

User avatar
We'reWolf
* * *
Posts: 636
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:43 pm
Location: California,San Diego

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by We'reWolf » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:27 pm

Just saying, as a student of history you don't apply modern mortality /interpretations and conceptions to past events. A student of history examines the people/culture and ideals before the events and looks for the mind set of the people that make up what your looking at.
I would be curious where you are learning your methods of examining history and historical events.
Back to the topic tho.. What did the Governor do to Tyresse in the graphic novels?
The ringing in your ears is the sound of your own destruction.

User avatar
ZH10950
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Posts: 283
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:33 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: Yes.
Location: Orange County, NY

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by ZH10950 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:30 pm

We'reWolf wrote:Just saying, as a student of history you don't apply modern mortality /interpretations and conceptions to past events. A student of history examines the people/culture and ideals before the events and looks for the mind set of the people that make up what your looking at.
I would be curious where you are learning your methods of examining history and historical events.
Back to the topic tho.. What did the Governor do to Tyresse in the graphic novels?
Then I'm calling my college and asking for my money back! :lol:

I finished my undergrad work majoring in history in '99.

The Gov is a tool...
"The people you are after are the people you depend on: we cook your meals, we haul your trash, we connect your calls, we drive your ambulances, we guard you while you sleep. Do not f*** with us." - Tyler Durden

Image

User avatar
We'reWolf
* * *
Posts: 636
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:43 pm
Location: California,San Diego

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by We'reWolf » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:39 pm

ZH10950 wrote:
Then I'm calling my college and asking for my money back! :lol:

I finished my undergrad work majoring in history in '99.

The Gov is a tool...
The people have only see the Gov shoot a person who has been bit. He took care of a military soldier who crash a chopper and tried to save military people (but walkers got there first).
"Terrorist" colluded with Meryle to attack Woodbury.. After the attacks he needs more people to defend Woodbury so he starts draft... The people look up to him as protection so he is doing what he has to do to protect the town for the Prison Terrorists.
The ringing in your ears is the sound of your own destruction.

User avatar
ninja-elbow
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Posts: 14171
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 12:39 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: DotD '04
DotD
NotLD
Location: Portland, OR

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by ninja-elbow » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:40 pm

We'reWolf wrote: Back to the topic tho.. What did the Governor do to Tyresse in the graphic novels?
**SPOILER**
Cut his head off with Michonne's katana, in front of Michonne. They were starting to get invovled in some manner. This was after The Gov raped Michonne brutally, and she raped him right back a while later. It was months in developement.
**/SPOILER**

ETA: As far as the next episode? Who or what does Rick need to do? Go get Morgan? He said he had some business to attend to end of last episode.
President ZSC011
Part Viking, Part Siamese

User avatar
We'reWolf
* * *
Posts: 636
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:43 pm
Location: California,San Diego

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by We'reWolf » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:44 pm

ninja-elbow wrote: **SPOILER**
**/SPOILER**
A interesting to see it play out.. i bet it will be different tho, probably the attempted murder of tyreese or one of his group member and that way they can escape and live longer
The ringing in your ears is the sound of your own destruction.

User avatar
ZH10950
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Posts: 283
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:33 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: Yes.
Location: Orange County, NY

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by ZH10950 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:45 pm

We'reWolf wrote:
ZH10950 wrote:
Then I'm calling my college and asking for my money back! :lol:

I finished my undergrad work majoring in history in '99.

The Gov is a tool...
The people have only see the Gov shoot a person who has been bit. He took care of a military soldier who crash a chopper and tried to save military people (but walkers got there first).
"Terrorist" colluded with Meryle to attack Woodbury.. After the attacks he needs more people to defend Woodbury so he starts draft... The people look up to him as protection so he is doing what he has to do to protect the town for the Prison Terrorists.
DRAFT?! Is that what you called that?! Dude...that wasn't no draft. He rounded up those people like sheep!

If you don't have the resources, don't make war -- its another one of those history things... Sun Tzu

The smart thing for him to do is listen and try making a truce. Lives saves, resources saved, no old ladies and sick kids being "drafted." But, there is no check on his power. That makes any person dangerous.
"The people you are after are the people you depend on: we cook your meals, we haul your trash, we connect your calls, we drive your ambulances, we guard you while you sleep. Do not f*** with us." - Tyler Durden

Image

User avatar
ninja-elbow
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Posts: 14171
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 12:39 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: DotD '04
DotD
NotLD
Location: Portland, OR

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by ninja-elbow » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:14 pm

We'reWolf wrote:
ninja-elbow wrote: **SPOILER**
**/SPOILER**
A interesting to see it play out.. i bet it will be different tho, probably the attempted murder of tyreese or one of his group member and that way they can escape and live longer
How I am following the Team Tyrese storyline is he will have had a taste of both Rick and The Gov. Both kind of suck right now. Team Prison has low food and low ammo and the leader is mad but not in a use you up kind of way... looking at some hardwork but, unknown to Team Tyrese, good folk that take care of each other with what they got. Team Maybury is secure - showers, medical, food, defense tools.... but not only is the leader mad he is also a madman. The writers also showed some evolution so who knows where The Gov's madness will go. Team Tyrese (or whatever is left of them) will need to choose between a rock and a hard place. The storyline will evoke the "this ALL sucks" emotion, but you gotta' do what you gotta' do.
President ZSC011
Part Viking, Part Siamese

User avatar
emilysometimes
*
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:14 pm
Location: Denton County, TX

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by emilysometimes » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:30 pm

URBAN ASSAULT wrote:
emilysometimes wrote:
Brock Meatstone wrote:
emilysometimes wrote:I just finished watching this week's episode on itunes, and skimmed this forum pretty quickly, so I may have missed the post where someone else noticed that when the guv was holding the match up to his eye, it was his LEFT eye that was missing/injured, but for the rest of the episode, he was wearing a patch over his right eye. ??? Anybody?
It was shown that he was looking in a mirror.
So we the viewers were facing the mirror with him, I guess. Thanks. I'd go back and watch it again but I really can't be bothered at this point. I just want something to HAPPEN. Some forward motion would be nice. Watching the show now makes me sympathize with the characters who are all hemmed in the prison and can't get out... Walking Dead, why can't I quit you???
You and Walking Dead can always meet at Brokeback Mountain... some pretend place, where bluebirds sing and there's a whiskey spring.

:D

-urban
:clap: YES.
"We don't even know how strong we are until we are forced to bring that hidden strength forward. In times of tragedy, of war, of necessity, people do amazing things. The human capacity for survival and renewal is awesome."
Isabel Allende

"Let us not look back in anger, nor forward in fear, but around in awareness."
-James Thurber

User avatar
KentsOkay
* * * * *
Posts: 3207
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:20 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead
Location: Texas

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by KentsOkay » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:45 pm

ZH, you really, REALLY need to go watch the entire goddamn series, then come back with the revelations we had a while back.

We aren't arguing whether Phillip is nuts, we are examining why he's nuts. We've surpassed gettign to know the characters, now we are taking them apart.

Quoting Sun Tzu/any historical source only makes you look like a tool.

My worst-case scenario predictions is the "run" goes bad and ends up like what happens to Michonne in the GN, albiet in a TV14 manner.
0122358 wrote:so we moved a thread to maintain OPSEC on a fictional vid game so our team doesnt get kill as easily by possible spies...fuckin sweet

Image
Unofficial FB for ZSC XXX http://www.facebook.com/groups/156431031119773

User avatar
RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 9427
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:24 pm
Location: Gulf Coast, AL

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by RickOShea » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:54 pm

We'reWolf wrote:
ZH10950 wrote:
Then I'm calling my college and asking for my money back! :lol:

I finished my undergrad work majoring in history in '99.

The Gov is a tool...
The people have only see the Gov shoot a person who has been bit. He took care of a military soldier who crash a chopper and tried to save military people (but walkers got there first).
"Terrorist" colluded with Meryle to attack Woodbury.. After the attacks he needs more people to defend Woodbury so he starts draft... The people look up to him as protection so he is doing what he has to do to protect the town for the Prison Terrorists.
Yeah, the regular citizens of Woodbury never leave Woodbury......And why would they want to? They think that they are living in ZPAW Mayberry, and that the Guv is ZPAW Andy Taylor.

Probably the only ones who knew about Penny and the fishtank entertainment system was Milton and Merle.

The only ones who actually leave to go "on runs" and who know about the attack on the National Guard unit, were the ones who took part in it.....The Guv's handpicked fighters. And they (the ones who are still around since Team Prison has thinned their ranks) appear to be on the same sadistic page as the Guv.
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.
Sumdood wrote:Welcome to 2020. I would list all the rules here, but there are too many and most of them are made up as we go. Just be prepared to be punished for something.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

User avatar
RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 9427
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:24 pm
Location: Gulf Coast, AL

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by RickOShea » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:58 pm

KentsOkay wrote:My worst-case scenario predictions is the "run" goes bad and ends up like what happens to Michonne in the GN, albiet in a TV14 manner.
I'm telling ya, listen to the Blind Seer. :wink:

"You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek. But first... first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril. Mm-hmm. You shall see thangs, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... a cow...a Morgan... on the roof of a cotton house, ha. And, oh, so many startlements. I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the obstacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward. Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation."



Image
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.
Sumdood wrote:Welcome to 2020. I would list all the rules here, but there are too many and most of them are made up as we go. Just be prepared to be punished for something.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

User avatar
KentsOkay
* * * * *
Posts: 3207
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:20 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead
Location: Texas

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by KentsOkay » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:04 pm

Rick, who is this Blind Seer?
0122358 wrote:so we moved a thread to maintain OPSEC on a fictional vid game so our team doesnt get kill as easily by possible spies...fuckin sweet

Image
Unofficial FB for ZSC XXX http://www.facebook.com/groups/156431031119773

User avatar
SwampRat
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 1353
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:59 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead(the remake), any of the resident evil films, 28 days later, armies of darkness, dead snow... ah hell it's like pickin a favorite child...
Location: Florida/Texas/NewYork

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by SwampRat » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:07 pm

Im pretty sure he's referring to "Oh Brother Where Art Thou"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
Upon reading one of my posts you should assume that before I post I reread my posts twice and then often again after I post to check and recheck for spelling and grammatical errors. And I still miss most of them because, as it turns out, when you are home-schooled, you are only as smart as your mom.

Post Reply

Return to “Zombie Training Films”