"Walking Dead" Cable Series

Zombie and/or other Post-Apocalyptic related movies for us to study and know what not to do.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

ninja-elbow
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Favorite Zombie Movies: DotD '04
DotD
NotLD

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by ninja-elbow » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:09 pm

It does look cool, espcially if you carry a BFK or machete on your belt too.
President ZSC011
Part Viking, Part Siamese

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:29 pm

:clownshoes:

whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

Gun_Nut_2k1

Post by Gun_Nut_2k1 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:13 am

Um.. more runnin', less guitar playin!
GN
Oneswunk wrote:Interesting idea, but I still prefer the feel of wood in my hands.
tarzan wrote:Not a sound argument for having wood, in my opinion.
Tommy Tran wrote:Before I drop hammer on a 'clear' SG I full finger both tubes!

Doctorr Fabulous
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Evil Dead, Zombieland, 28 Days/Weeks Later

Post by Doctorr Fabulous » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:32 am

ninja-elbow wrote:It does look cool, espcially if you carry a BFK or machete on your belt too.
With a gun or knife, you wanna get maximum momentum at play, ya know, throw the bullets at the zombies!
Opinions subject to change in light of new information.
http://i.imgur.com/wG6ZMjE.jpg

HuntingBow96

Post by HuntingBow96 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:19 am

I'm wondering if any body will die next episode :mrgreen:

Mikeyboy

Post by Mikeyboy » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:06 am

firerat wrote:Regarding Michonne, I almost get the feeling the writers assume everyone knows the GN version of her.
+1 on this. I never read the Graphic Novel and when they introduced her character at the very end of the episode of the split season it was all dramatic and I was like WTF is that. Then the next season she playing mom with Andrea, helping her through a fever like she has been on the show forever. If I didn't find about her character online during the break between shows, I would have stopped watching. I know some older folks, who were fans of TWD and of old school zombie flicks, tuned out after Michonne was introduced. Some people think TWD was going to turn into a Resident Evil type show.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:26 am

HuntingBow96 wrote:I'm wondering if any body will die next episode :mrgreen:
I get the feeling that we'll be introduced to a new character or two......And possibly see the debut of the new hit show American Woodbury Gladiators.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

ninja-elbow
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Favorite Zombie Movies: DotD '04
DotD
NotLD

Post by ninja-elbow » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:29 am

Mikeyboy wrote:
firerat wrote:Regarding Michonne, I almost get the feeling the writers assume everyone knows the GN version of her.
+1 on this. I never read the Graphic Novel and when they introduced her character at the very end of the episode of the split season it was all dramatic and I was like WTF is that. Then the next season she playing mom with Andrea, helping her through a fever like she has been on the show forever. If I didn't find about her character online during the break between shows, I would have stopped watching. I know some older folks, who were fans of TWD and of old school zombie flicks, tuned out after Michonne was introduced. Some people think TWD was going to turn into a Resident Evil type show.
I cana agree with that viewpoint. Us TWD nerds knew who that was and the hype afterwards pushed that perspective. Many show fans DID NOT know who that was and are still trying to figure it out. It looks like a concious decision was made by production to go with the "It's Michonne!" perspective as opposed to the "It's somebody in a poncho with a sword?" perspective.

Same thing with the way the prison was initially presented to us.

As a long-time fanboy of the GN, I apologize to you non GN readers for that. Seriously, just saw it from y'alls perspective and it would kind of turn me off if I were in your shoes.
President ZSC011
Part Viking, Part Siamese

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:45 pm

Lauren Cohan is on CoCo.... Wow, she cleans up nice. :awesome:

DJH
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Walking Dead TV series, anything George Romero

Post by DJH » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:05 am

RickOShea wrote:Lauren Cohan is on CoCo.... Wow, she cleans up nice. :awesome:
Word.
When I die, bury me 8 feet under, so I'll still be lower than all my friends.

Omega Dog

Post by Omega Dog » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:36 am

RickOShea wrote:
ninja-elbow wrote:
Another quick question that may or may not have come up but what's up with so many characters doing the reverse/cross draw thing?
Maybe it's like the old cavalry troopers, that wore their saber and holster cross draw-style, a lot of the time.

ETA: And a lot of crossdraw holsters can be easier to access with either hand.
If your riding in a vehicle and need to quickly access your weapon, it's easier from the cross draw.

Fletch
Location: 25,000 light years from the galactic core, spinning at approx. 67,000mph on a tiny rock called Erf

Post by Fletch » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:33 am

I just now realised she was vivian volkoff on chuck - which can be forgiven since a) she was polished up quite damn nicely and b) she was using an english accent

but wow, now I see it I'm more impressed at her acting ability
"They want their jobs to be easy, and a policeman's job is easy only in a police state."

firerat

Post by firerat » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:42 am

Indeed..... :v:

I'm kind of a sucker for the limey accent too.

She is a great actress, but I dunno about her southern accent. Something is, well, just off.

(I know we already discussed this)
"If someone with multiple personalities threatens suicide, is it a hostage situation?"

-George Carlin

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:21 am

firerat wrote:
Indeed..... :v:

I'm kind of a sucker for the limey accent too.

She is a great actress, but I dunno about her southern accent. Something is, well, just off.

(I know we already discussed this)
She definitely sounds different IRL:

Last edited by RickOShea on Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

firerat

Post by firerat » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:52 pm

Hot.......so hot...... :awesome:
"If someone with multiple personalities threatens suicide, is it a hostage situation?"

-George Carlin

11C1P

Post by 11C1P » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:52 pm

Accents to me all depend on how heavy the accent is. Most women with a mild accent from just about anywhere sound sexy to me, but ones with a thick heavy accent from most places are annoying. Hers is mild, but she didn't move to England until she was a teen so that's probably why.
http://www.ndmsg.webs.com

A wise old owl Sat in an oak.
The more he saw,the less he spoke.
The less he spoke,the more he heard.
Why can't we be like that wise old bird?

ineffableone
Favorite Zombie Movies: Undead, Dead Alive/Braindead, Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland, 28 days, 28 Weeks Later, I Am Legend, Resident Evil franchise, Serenity (I would call Revers pretty damn zombie), Versus, Black Sheep

Post by ineffableone » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:10 pm

ninja-elbow wrote:
Mikeyboy wrote:
I cana agree with that viewpoint. Us TWD nerds knew who that was and the hype afterwards pushed that perspective. Many show fans DID NOT know who that was and are still trying to figure it out. It looks like a concious decision was made by production to go with the "It's Michonne!" perspective as opposed to the "It's somebody in a poncho with a sword?" perspective.

Same thing with the way the prison was initially presented to us.

As a long-time fanboy of the GN, I apologize to you non GN readers for that. Seriously, just saw it from y'alls perspective and it would kind of turn me off if I were in your shoes.
This has been seriously bugging me since they really have done little to introduce Michonne in the series. A little katana work in the the drug store and a lot of moody grumbling at Woodbury does not give a real sense of who Michonne is. The GN gave a much better intro to Michonne, and because of this she became one of the favorite characters in the GN, but so far in the series she really has not impressed me as a character. I wouldn't blame the actor, but the writers for doing a poor job of introducing her. I would like to see more of a intro to Michonne, however now that they have had her around it is sort of late, they really should have done something more for her character in the 1st or 2nd episode of the season.
"Once a man has seen society's black underbelly, he can never turn his back on it. Never pretend, like you do, that it doesn't exist"

"None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with ME!"

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

dustycanuck
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by dustycanuck » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:43 pm

Great season, so far.
I have no gripes at all; I figure when they get around to 'fleshing out' Michonne's character, it will have been worth the wait.
The dog in me is quite happy to watch her walk around, for now.
I don't know...something about tough women in a post-apocalyptic world....her, Andrea, Maggie, and even Carol; they're just something else.
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not ... Genius will not ... Education will not ... Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent."
Calvin Coolidge

KentsOkay
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead

Post by KentsOkay » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:08 pm

Fletch wrote:
I just now realised she was vivian volkoff on chuck - which can be forgiven since a) she was polished up quite damn nicely and b) she was using an english accent

but wow, now I see it I'm more impressed at her acting ability
Are you saying there was something wrong with her as Vivian? :twisted:

I first saw her as an occult object thief/dealer in Supernatural season 3
0122358 wrote:so we moved a thread to maintain OPSEC on a fictional vid game so our team doesnt get kill as easily by possible spies...fuckin sweet

Unofficial FB for ZSC XXX http://www.facebook.com/groups/156431031119773

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:19 pm

dustycanuck wrote:I have no gripes at all; I figure when they get around to 'fleshing out' Michonne's character, it will have been worth the wait.
The dog in me is quite happy to watch her walk around, for now.
Yeah, maybe the show could use a little more "mystery"..... Now that we have the answers to a couple of the old ones, like what Jenner whispered to Rick:

Cu Chulainn

Post by Cu Chulainn » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:56 am

Some points:

Regarding the Python, Rick has also been seen with a scoped rifle (Dale's?), and a ghetto-suppressed automatic (the Beretta he took off the soldier in the tank in episode 1?). Seems he use whichever is most appropriate, and it makes sense he'd choose the weapon he is most comfortable with most cases.

Regarding Andrea's behavior: She was a lawyer. Ever think she's pumping him for info, rather than trying to get him to pump her? One of the most effective of "dem wimmin's tricks" is to fawn over someone (sociopaths are especially susceptible to flattery), and act as if they want to have your baby. She may be smarter than she seems.

Regarding Michonne's lack of depth: I think it often works better in TV to use flashbacks to flesh out a character, and feed it to you bit by bit. I'm hoping this is they way they are going to go with her.

11C1P

Post by 11C1P » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:46 pm

Cu Chulainn wrote:Some points:

Regarding the Python, Rick has also been seen with a scoped rifle (Dale's?), and a ghetto-suppressed automatic (the Beretta he took off the soldier in the tank in episode 1?). Seems he use whichever is most appropriate, and it makes sense he'd choose the weapon he is most comfortable with most cases.

Regarding Andrea's behavior: She was a lawyer. Ever think she's pumping him for info, rather than trying to get him to pump her? One of the most effective of "dem wimmin's tricks" is to fawn over someone (sociopaths are especially susceptible to flattery), and act as if they want to have your baby. She may be smarter than she seems.

Regarding Michonne's lack of depth: I think it often works better in TV to use flashbacks to flesh out a character, and feed it to you bit by bit. I'm hoping this is they way they are going to go with her.
I wonder what kind of info she pumped out of Shane when they were in that car alone. :wink:
http://www.ndmsg.webs.com

A wise old owl Sat in an oak.
The more he saw,the less he spoke.
The less he spoke,the more he heard.
Why can't we be like that wise old bird?

Cu Chulainn

Post by Cu Chulainn » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:50 pm

Is the character one-dimensional or the viewer?

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:00 pm

11C1P wrote:
Cu Chulainn wrote:Some points:

I wonder what kind of info she pumped out of Shane when they were in that car alone. :wink:
Mostly genetic.
You go 'round and around it
You go over and under
I go through

Return to “Zombie Training Films”