"Walking Dead" Cable Series

Zombie and/or other Post-Apocalyptic related movies for us to study and know what not to do.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Skinner01
Favorite Zombie Movies: walking dead . Zombieland

Re: "Walking Dead" Cable Series

Post by Skinner01 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:41 pm

see now thats what im talkin about , the world is a hell hole dead rising to eat your ass but glen and maggie keep on Humpin ............ way to cool :clap:
its a beautiful thing .love is truley blind i suppose even in the face of a zombie apocolypse :)~
Last edited by Skinner01 on Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Pockie

Post by Pockie » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:46 pm

Gotta blow of steam somehow. And personally, that'd be my favorite way. :rofl:
Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.- Isaac Asimov

Skinner01
Favorite Zombie Movies: walking dead . Zombieland

Post by Skinner01 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:48 pm

Pockie wrote:Gotta blow of steam somehow. And personally, that'd be my favorite way. :rofl:
yes mam i heard that
ImageImage

ZomCon Sargeant
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (1978), Dead Snow, Fido, Night of the Living Dead (1968 & 1989), Day of the Dead, Zombieland, 28 Days Later, Return of the living Dead, and Shaun of the Dead.

Post by ZomCon Sargeant » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:36 pm

In Willard we just put up a fence instead of having our perimeter defended by ex-cons.

ZomCon's Reclaimed/ Protected Suburbs are widely perceived to be the safest places to live and raise a family.

They are doing it all wrong!
"ZomCon: A better life through containment"

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:44 pm

ZomCon Sargeant wrote:In Willard we just put up a fence instead of having our perimeter defended by ex-cons.

ZomCon's Reclaimed/ Protected Suburbs are widely perceived to be the safest places to live and raise a family.

They are doing it all wrong!
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

Sckitzo
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (org)

Post by Sckitzo » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:40 pm

Skinner01 wrote:see now thats what im talkin about , the world is a hell hole dead rising to eat your ass but glen and maggie keep on Humpin ............ way to cool :clap:
its a beautiful thing .love is truley blind i suppose even in the face of a zombie apocolypse :)~

People are going to screw more I'd imagine, that whole biological imperative to breed might come on pretty strong when you are surrounded by death. That and there ain't shit else to do :lol:

Paladin1

Post by Paladin1 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:48 pm

That vid rocked :clap:

I've been wondering, does anyone have a take on how far the prison is from Woodbury? When the chopper went down, would they see the smoke?
WWSD?

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, ZombieLand, Dawn of the Dead

Post by majorhavoc » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:51 pm

RickOShea wrote:You go, Glenn! :awesome:

Luckiest ex-pizza delivery guy in the whole damn apocalypse. Bravo, Glenn. Bravo.
Last edited by majorhavoc on Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sckitzo
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Sckitzo » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:32 pm

Paladin1 wrote:That vid rocked :clap:

I've been wondering, does anyone have a take on how far the prison is from Woodbury? When the chopper went down, would they see the smoke?
If they hold to the GN I think the see the smoke, but given how we had that bit of foreshadowing earlier of them being watched I won't be surprised if they go another route.

Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (2004)
Zombieland

Post by 0122358 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:38 pm

i love seeing them all laugh...its funnny
SMoAF wrote:Your sin is one of geography, not one of unmanliness. Pimp's sin is that he's, well....himself.
Doctorr Fabulous wrote: I'd rather have 10 spooky-sized aircraft in an AO than 100 drones, because fuck those fucking pred flyboys who can't tell the difference between a shovel and an RPK.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:41 pm

Sckitzo wrote:
Paladin1 wrote:

If they hold to the GN I think the see the smoke, but given how we had that bit of foreshadowing earlier of them being watched I won't be surprised if they go another route.
Yeah, that kinda didn't make much sense. You'd have thunk that the people in Woodbury would have been scavenging all over the immediate area, and found the prison themselves......Or somebody would have at least taken a couple of minutes to study a map of the local area, just to see what was around.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

Toothpick Jim

Post by Toothpick Jim » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:29 pm

Who's the female on the left?

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:35 pm

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:43 pm

I think I found a couple of pics of Lil Shane.

Towanda

Post by Towanda » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:55 pm

This had been pointed out before, but I'm going to do it again.

The guy with the knife hand? Darryl's brother? His name is Merle. Not Meryl. M-E-R-L-E. Meryl is a lovely woman's name, and Meryl Streep is a good actress, but she does not appear in The Walking Dead.

Merle. M-E-R-L-E. Not Meryl.

Sent via messenger owl.
Holding a grudge is like swallowing poison and expecting someone else to die.

SMoAF wrote:You could have your very own Trunk SMoAF. That'd HAVE to have some practical value for you.

Pockie

Re:

Post by Pockie » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:08 pm

Towanda wrote:This had been pointed out before, but I'm going to do it again.

The guy with the knife hand? Darryl's brother? His name is Merle. Not Meryl. M-E-R-L-E. Meryl is a lovely woman's name, and Meryl Streep is a good actress, but she does not appear in The Walking Dead.

Sent via messenger owl.
Pretty sure you're fighting a losing battle, but I appreciate the effort. I, too, picture Meryl Streep every time it's spelled that way.
Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.- Isaac Asimov

Stercutus

Re:

Post by Stercutus » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:25 pm

Towanda wrote:This had been pointed out before, but I'm going to do it again.

Sent via messenger owl.
You are giving away secret plot points here....

You go 'round and around it
You go over and under
I go through

11C1P

Post by 11C1P » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:00 pm

RickOShea wrote:
Sckitzo wrote:
Paladin1 wrote:

Yeah, that kinda didn't make much sense. You'd have thunk that the people in Woodbury would have been scavenging all over the immediate area, and found the prison themselves......Or somebody would have at least taken a couple of minutes to study a map of the local area, just to see what was around.
I was gathering they do a fair amount of searching/scavenging too. It is possible that they are fairly close to each other by our standards, say 60 miles, but in the ZPAW a 60mile radius is a LOT of area to scrounge. If the Helicopter started smoking say a bit nearer the prison, then landed closer to the town, it's still quite conceivable that they saw it in the prison too. I don't know how eager the group would be to leave the prison to go searching for it though. They haven't even finished clearing the prison, they are ok on supplies, Hershel is still in rough shape, and Lori's pregnant. I think if they did leave, it would be merely hoping to find maybe one survivor who could give them info. I don't think they would be hoping for too much supplies or ammo to survive the crash.
http://www.ndmsg.webs.com

A wise old owl Sat in an oak.
The more he saw,the less he spoke.
The less he spoke,the more he heard.
Why can't we be like that wise old bird?

Sckitzo
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Sckitzo » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:03 am

11C1P wrote:
RickOShea wrote:
Sckitzo wrote:
Paladin1 wrote:

I was gathering they do a fair amount of searching/scavenging too. It is possible that they are fairly close to each other by our standards, say 60 miles, but in the ZPAW a 60mile radius is a LOT of area to scrounge. If the Helicopter started smoking say a bit nearer the prison, then landed closer to the town, it's still quite conceivable that they saw it in the prison too. I don't know how eager the group would be to leave the prison to go searching for it though. They haven't even finished clearing the prison, they are ok on supplies, Hershel is still in rough shape, and Lori's pregnant. I think if they did leave, it would be merely hoping to find maybe one survivor who could give them info. I don't think they would be hoping for too much supplies or ammo to survive the crash.
Sounds like a job for Daryl, maybe Glenn, he's more an Urban kid though. That it one thing that didn't get a bunch of attention in the show, IIRC Glenn is like the Urban version of Daryl and his crazy white boy knowledge, his character is still a bit shallow in the show I hope he gets some more attention because the urban scout thing is a cool archetype in my opinion.

We'reWolf

Post by We'reWolf » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:53 am

11C1P wrote: I think if they did leave, it would be merely hoping to find maybe one survivor who could give them info. I don't think they would be hoping for too much supplies or ammo to survive the crash.
I got that in season one when they were trying to get the guns back. He had Rick and Daryl stay in separate alley ways.
The ringing in your ears is the sound of your own destruction.

Fletch
Location: 25,000 light years from the galactic core, spinning at approx. 67,000mph on a tiny rock called Erf

Post by Fletch » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:04 am

CBA to read the 150 odd pages since I last checked this thread, but now I know for sure kirkman is a troll:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q2a1v7urbyt29fd/Capture.PNG

(issue #103 of the comic, no spoilers just a single frame)

I dunno how to embed images from dropbox, sorry
"They want their jobs to be easy, and a policeman's job is easy only in a police state."

HuntingBow96

Post by HuntingBow96 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:34 am

majorhavoc wrote:

Luckiest ex-pizza delivery guy in the whole damn apocalypse. Bravo, Glenn. Bravo.

Sad face, not available here.

ODA 226
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by ODA 226 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:20 am

I was going to that ask also...It doesn't look like her at all.
Bitka Sve Rešava!
NEVER SACRIFICE SECURITY FOR SPEED!
B-2-10 SFG(A)/ A-2-11 SFG(A) 1977-1994

My INCH Bag
My Ultimate Altoid Tin
My Bug-In Solar Lights
My Wilderness Ditch Kit

arrowolf
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Location: Riding Shotgun on the Bang Bus out of the Zombie Apocalypse

Post by arrowolf » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:50 am

The heads in the aquarium business reminded me of Capt. Quint from "Jaws". The Governor is an Capt. Ahab archetype with some Jim Jones thrown in to make him more interesting.
Every cloud has a silver lining. Except the mushroom-shaped ones which have a lining of Iridium and Strontium-90.

¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>
><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>

Return to “Zombie Training Films”