World War Z movie - Brad Pitt and Paramount! W000T!

Zombie and/or other Post-Apocalyptic related movies for us to study and know what not to do.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

pahwraith

Re: World War Z movie - Brad Pitt and Paramount! W000T!

Post by pahwraith » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:52 pm

Kommander wrote:
pahwraith wrote:
Werespaz wrote:I watched the movie then read the book (with a few years in between). I don't consider them to be related. Like, at all. The movie was good for what it was, a goofy bit of sci-fi kitsch with lots of action, but it just happens to share the same name as a well written sci-fi book by Heinlein.
Whoah there....I wouldn't exactly call the book well written. It has as many flaws as the movie. It's ok, I would say but kinda stilted. A lot of flat characters and full of typical war memoir cliche. It's not bad....but I would say that "goofy bit of sci if kitsch" is a good summary of the books, well that and a healthy dose of far right wing bordering on militaristic junta style philosophy. Somethings tells me that Heinlein probably greatly admired the Rhodesian and chilean governments of the 70s.
You news to read, or at least read about, his other books. Starship Troopers is not exactly his most representive works.
I read Stranger in a Strange Land, didn't really like it. He's just not my cup of tea, I prefer Asimov and Clarke.

Kommander

Post by Kommander » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:52 pm

I did not like stranger in a strange land either oddly enough. However I do have a hard time believeing that the author of works like that and Time Enough For Love, Friday, and The Moon is a Harsh Mistress would be a fan of military juntas.

Why must all the hoops be on fire?

xd dude

Post by xd dude » Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:34 pm

More bad news from the set. Brad Pitt and his Director refuse to talk to each other.
http://m.nydailynews.com/1.1114520

phil_in_cs
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by phil_in_cs » Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:36 pm

xd dude wrote:More bad news from the set. Brad Pitt and his Director refuse to talk to each other.
http://m.nydailynews.com/1.1114520
Bad news for investors, maybe. "Meh" for those of us that wanted to see a movie based on the book.
Don't confuse a belligerent and aggressive attitude with the strength, training, and conditioning needed to prevail in a fight. How do you know you have the Will To Win, if you don't even have the will to train?

Akin
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn Of The Dead, Shaun Of The Dead

Post by Akin » Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:51 pm

Ugh.

I so wanted this book to be made ito a mini-series, with each week's episode dealing with one storyline from the book...when I heard it was being made in to a movie, I was still hopefull.

*sigh*
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." - Captain Malcolm "Mal" Reynolds

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Lt. Colonel Jeff Cooper

Boondock
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Boondock » Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:00 pm

Sad to say it, but I'm now convinced this film is gonna ...

Tireur

Post by Tireur » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:03 pm

Heh, Waterworld Z?
I did not slap you in the face, I high fived your head and your hands did not get in the way.
Epicest th'd evah http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 29&t=29034" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

JustAnotherSnakeCult

Post by JustAnotherSnakeCult » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:36 pm

Akin wrote:Ugh.

I so wanted this book to be made ito a mini-series, with each week's episode dealing with one storyline from the book...when I heard it was being made in to a movie, I was still hopefull.

*sigh*
Me too. I read the book when it first came out and had dreams of HBO picking it up for a mini-series.

Werespaz

Post by Werespaz » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:36 pm

Tireur wrote:Heh, Waterworld Z?
Waterworld will look great compared to what this is shaping up to be.

Akin
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn Of The Dead, Shaun Of The Dead

Post by Akin » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:38 pm

JustAnotherSnakeCult wrote:
Akin wrote:Ugh.

*sigh*
Me too. I read the book when it first came out and had dreams of HBO picking it up for a mini-series.
That right there was my fervent hope...
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." - Captain Malcolm "Mal" Reynolds

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Lt. Colonel Jeff Cooper

Niblick

Post by Niblick » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:22 pm

Fuck it, at this point I hope that they let it remain in book form only. One of my faves.
You are
What you do
When it counts.

duodecima
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by duodecima » Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:37 pm

Niblick wrote:Fuck it, at this point I hope that they let it remain in book form only. One of my faves.
Amen, brother.
"When someone shows you who they are believe them" M. Angelou

colemoge
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (2004), 28 Days & Weeks Later

Post by colemoge » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:27 pm

HUGE news as the trailer was released at a Paramount screening yesterday.

Immediate feedback was the trailer was OUTSTANDING!

Was all over commingsoon.com and the internet

June 2013 release date set now
Those fighters with no losses on thier records are obviously fighting the wrong opponents.

colemoge

Post by colemoge » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:30 pm

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/World-Wa ... 33586.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

One of many many sites that covered it.
Saved for the very end of the presentation was the first trailer for World War Z, the massive zombie apocalypse movie that's been mired in release date shifts, reshoots, and constant rumors of friction behind the scenes. Like Pain & Gain this footage could easily be the first trailer, but it also elides plot to focus on juicy bits of action, in this case shots of zombie hordes cascading over city traffic or fortified walls, and Brad Pitt's character being separated from his family (including The Killing star Meirelle Enos) to help fight the zombie plague. The footage opened with a tense scene of Pitt's family trapped in traffic while an arriving zombie army brings chaos, and featured bits of scenes that gave a sense to the film's scale-- an official-looking clock counting down the names of the dead, and official-looking people in a situation room reporting how other countries are doing as poorly as America at fighting back the invasion.

Zombie purists may want to know that the zombies of World War Z are clearly the fast-moving variety, though we didn't get a clear enough look at them to learn much else. Though Max Brooks's novel of the same name is an oral history told through scattered vignettes from around the globe, World War Z seems to have the scale of a massive disaster film, with Pitt's character somehow in the center of the resistance. As much as fans of the book might not welcome that change, a global-scale zombie movie sounds like the exact right way to freshen up the genre at this point, and World War Z seems to contain some terrifying set pieces to make it worth the wait. We'll find out how it fares for ourself when World War Z opens, at last, June 21 next year.
Those fighters with no losses on thier records are obviously fighting the wrong opponents.

colemoge

Post by colemoge » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:35 pm

http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/60818/ ... ailer-hold" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Recently Coming Soon caught a look at the trailer for Paramount's upcoming flick World War Z, and we have to say after reading the footage description, our hopes are pretty high for this latest sliver of undead mayhem.

It begins with Brad Pitt's character sitting in traffic with his family. They're busy playing a game when a cop bashes on their window in a panic. Standing near the driver side window, the cop begs Pitt to stay in his vehicle and soon thereafter is pummeled by a bus careening out of control. An explosion erupts, and a mass of people race down the city streets. Pitt and his family hop into an abandoned RV, and we get a glimpse of the world in madness.

Beyond an unusual pair of eyes, we don't get a good look at World War Z's zombies, but the measures the uninfected take to reach safety might further confirm what last year's set footage revealed - that these zombies can run.

In the trailer gigantic hordes of people are scrambling for dear life. They're not just pushing and shoving each other out of the way, rather climbing on top of each other and manically hanging onto a hovering helicopter.

In one of the trailer's final shots, there's a mountain of people trying to climb over a wall that must be hundreds of wriggling bodies high. The material is dark and downright horrifying, not only showing what could happen should the undead invade on a physical level, but also reflecting the societal meltdown that would ensue and the pure chaos we'd be left with.

World War Z, based on the footage, looks to be well worth the wait.

The film hits theaters June 21, 2013

Shado67
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of The Dead (2004), 28 Days Later, Zombieland!, Evil Dead 2, Army of Darkness.

World War Z movie - Brad Pitt and Paramount! W000T!

Post by Shado67 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:38 pm

Is the trailer online or at the theater?

Kommander

Post by Kommander » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:25 pm

If I had a dollar for every crappy movie with a good trailer...

Why must all the hoops be on fire?

Boondock
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Boondock » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:07 pm

So, anyone know where to watch this supposedly awesome, yet elusive trailer? I can't seem to find it.

firerat

Post by firerat » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:37 pm

Boondock wrote:So, anyone know where to watch this supposedly awesome, yet elusive trailer? I can't seem to find it.
What he said......
"If someone with multiple personalities threatens suicide, is it a hostage situation?"

-George Carlin

colemoge

Post by colemoge » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:10 pm

Boondock wrote:So, anyone know where to watch this supposedly awesome, yet elusive trailer? I can't seem to find it.

Unable to find it either. Just the behind the scenes descriptors that are on various horror flick or movie review websites, or a handful of peoples' reviews that Paramount allowed to see all their upcomming movie trailers.

But thats it.

At least it was somthing.

Still....out dueling The Walking Dead will be tough

DJH
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Walking Dead TV series, anything George Romero

Post by DJH » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:19 pm

Probably not a trailer for the public yet. Just for hype generators and money givers.
When I die, bury me 8 feet under, so I'll still be lower than all my friends.

BullOnParade
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by BullOnParade » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:43 pm

DJH wrote:Probably not a trailer for the public yet. Just for hype generators and money givers.
I don't even think it was a proper trailer at that. Just a few scenes that were done being edited. A movies with this much talk on the internet (particularly by those who are the target demographic [US]) doesn't need as much notice from the trailer as say, Watchmen, which I saw a preview for the Summer before it came out (almost a full year).
BullOnParade

Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

Urban BOB/Range (& Bailout) Bag/EDC/Vehicle Kit

Ashemaru

Post by Ashemaru » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:18 pm

A little something:

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2012/11/06/wo ... z-footage/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"When your bow is broken and your last arrow
spent, then shoot, shoot with your whole
heart."

DJH
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Walking Dead TV series, anything George Romero

Post by DJH » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:25 pm

Ok, some of that makes this look like it may be worth the wait and the changes...
When I die, bury me 8 feet under, so I'll still be lower than all my friends.

Return to “Zombie Training Films”