War of the Worlds - 2020 Epix Series

Zombie and/or other Post-Apocalyptic related movies for us to study and know what not to do.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Zed Hunter

Re: War of the Worlds - 2020 Epix Series

Post by Zed Hunter » Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:00 pm

Episode 4 the infants in the hospital were taken by the "dogs". Episode 5 the pregnant cop "14 weeks. My timing really sucks" , is wounded by a "dog" and dragged off. Last scene her corpse is floating in a large lake with her lower abdomin open and empty.

JackBauer
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: All of the Night of the Dead series
I Am Legend
28 Days Later
Walking Dead (tv series)

Post by JackBauer » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:49 pm

Zed Hunter wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:00 pm
++++++++++
Oh boy, that's some real spoilers there Zed.
Im glad I finished episode 5 before reading that post.

Great show and worth the Epix subscription imho.
A person should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog,. .., build a wall, set a bone, take and give orders, cooperate, analyze & solve problems, fight efficiently, die gallantly RH
http://johnfoberg.blogspot.com/

Zed Hunter

Post by Zed Hunter » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:05 am

Sorry. I watched the episode Monday am. I guess some of you wait longer. I was answering a question that seems to have dissappeared.

Evan the Diplomat
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead (2004), Savageland

Post by Evan the Diplomat » Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:45 pm

My oldest son and I binged on the first three episodes, free on the Roku channel. Really enjoyed it. They avoided several typical tropes which really kicked it up in several notches in my book.
Priests and cannibals, prehistoric animals
Everybody happy as the dead come home

Big black nemesis, parthenogenesis
No-one move a muscle as the dead come home

JackBauer
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: All of the Night of the Dead series
I Am Legend
28 Days Later
Walking Dead (tv series)

Post by JackBauer » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:40 pm

Evan the Diplomat wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:45 pm
... They avoided several typical tropes which really kicked it up in several notches in my book.
Agreed!

Episode 6 is out, some very interesting plot development.
Excellent cinematography in this one..
A person should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog,. .., build a wall, set a bone, take and give orders, cooperate, analyze & solve problems, fight efficiently, die gallantly RH
http://johnfoberg.blogspot.com/

Zed Hunter

Post by Zed Hunter » Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:34 pm

Who is the guy on life support at the end of E8? Still what are the babies for? Sacha and Emily having a child? Eeeeew.

91Eunozs
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: All of them!

Post by 91Eunozs » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:59 pm

Just binge watched it over a few days... Really enjoyed it!

Mind trip for sure, and no idea what the dude in the tank means. Was really (fearfully) expecting to see a vivisectioned baby getting put into one of the “dogs”... happy it took a weird twist!

Wasn’t expecting this to be more than a single-season mini series, but clearly we’re teed up for more. Looking forward to it!
Molon Latte...come & take our coffee order
Doctorr Fabulous wrote:... It's fun to play pretend, but this is the internet, and it's time to be serious.
zengunfighter wrote:... you don't want to blow a tranny in the middle of a pursuit...
woodsghost wrote:... A defensive gun without training is basically a talisman. It might ward off evil, but I wouldn't count on it.

Asymetryczna
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Road

Post by Asymetryczna » Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:52 pm

I really like this series. Since getting back to TV recently, I tried to get caught up on zombie stuff and SF. I watched Pride and Prejudice and Zombies (loved it) and all of the WotW series thru S1E8... My opinion: fantastic take. I like the Euro-influence, the seemingly futuristic joining of mechanics and living tissue and AI and comms (perhaps even power) thru what is apparently wavebands. The "others" do not have superpowers or mass in unbelievable numbers; they certainly resemble, as others have mentioned, the prototypes of Boston Dynamics, and the sound they make... it is more creepy and believable than the word "kill" repeated again and again as a giant hockey goalie chases you and your friends through the chainsaw barn.
I'm unsure how they launch a projectile but I'm certain a machine could take out the largest margin of error on a target that has been identified. So, at least to me, pretty fascinating so far. Whomever and whatever they are, they come from beyond the first singularity it appears.
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Henry David Thoreau

91Eunozs
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: All of them!

Post by 91Eunozs » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:37 am

I’m thinking some sort of miniaturized rail gun for the projectile launcher...hyper-velocity “bullet” won’t be too effected by gravity, wind, etc. over the distances they’re shooting. And yeah, creepy as hell...would like to see the “dogs” more in fast mode to get a better feel for how worried I should be re: Boston Dynamics! :lol:
Molon Latte...come & take our coffee order
Doctorr Fabulous wrote:... It's fun to play pretend, but this is the internet, and it's time to be serious.
zengunfighter wrote:... you don't want to blow a tranny in the middle of a pursuit...
woodsghost wrote:... A defensive gun without training is basically a talisman. It might ward off evil, but I wouldn't count on it.

HKTackDriver

Post by HKTackDriver » Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:41 pm

Interesting season finale, but it seemed a bit weak compared to the rest of the season. I'm definitely hooked though!

What were those tropes you we referencing that the show didn't use?

Return to “Zombie Training Films”