SW EP IX -The Rise of Skywalker

Zombie and/or other Post-Apocalyptic related movies for us to study and know what not to do.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Stercutus

SW EP IX -The Rise of Skywalker

Post by Stercutus » Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:23 am

I am disappoint.

First thoughts when watching first 15 minutes of movie = ???????????????????????????????????????

Don't worry answers are in shorter supply than dialog.

Basically the cast runs amuck from task to task on their list, fighting and killing things until the movie(s) end(s). There is about 1 minute interlude where Chewy plays holo chess with a cast member.

Most of the stuff makes no sense and simply appears out of thin air. People are fighting each other within the first minute of meeting and then become besties a minute later, sometimes seconds later.

Last thoughts when leaving the movie. WTH did I just watch? Apparently everybody else did too. Because you know how after a good movie the crowd walks out energized, discussing the movie and the good parts they liked? Didn't happen. Everyone kind of shuffled out without a word and some confused looks on their faces.

Some notes (minor spoilers below):
- Confirmed, Lesbians are in the SW Universe. This was somewhat wondered about since open homosexuals are not commonly seen anywhere in the SW Universe, kind of like in my RL in Alabama. Don't blink or you will miss it though.
- The next "Death Star" will be suitcase sized.
- Confirmed, As I noted several years ago Rey was indeed the most powerful Jedi ever.
- Semi-incest kissing is a recurring theme.
- Storm Trooper Academy is maintaining their high standards of marksmanship. It is surprisingly difficult to hit a stationary target in a tight hallway, in the back from ten feet away with a rifle.
- Anakin died for nothing
- Confirmed, Huge, resource consuming fleets of ships are easy to construct, man, equip and require no training to use. They also require no building infrastructure or work force. Just Figma.
- Practically everyone major from the franchise gets at least a minute of screen time.
- Disney can make action movies or movies with a coherent plot and story line; not both at the same time.
- All the white males in the SW Universe either turned to the dark side, became storm troopers or were not good enough to be heroes (except Poe who gets a partial pass as a white male, possibly due to Hispanic ethnicity, but it is kind of weak as a hero due to his white maleness). In fact all the evils in the SW Universe are brought about by white humanoid males, even when they do the right things it is almost always for the wrong reasons and they end up as traitors.
Last edited by Stercutus on Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You go 'round and around it
You go over and under
I go through

flybynight

Re: SW EP IX -The Last Jedi

Post by flybynight » Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:34 pm

Is this about the last jedi or the rise of skywalker? If it is about the last Jedi....you need to get out more .
Not all those who wander are lost

John Titor was right <--- :ohdear: Way past the point of going gray man. See you on the other side ( or not :wink: )

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, ZombieLand, Dawn of the Dead

Post by majorhavoc » Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:37 pm

flybynight wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:34 pm
Is this about the last jedi or the rise of skywalker? If it is about the last Jedi....you need to get out more .
I'm assuming he's talking about Rise of Skywalker.

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:30 pm

Rise of Skywalker, I forget they have different names. I mean why name a thing when there is so little plot? Fixed it up.
You go 'round and around it
You go over and under
I go through

Return to “Zombie Training Films”