Underground 6

Zombie and/or other Post-Apocalyptic related movies for us to study and know what not to do.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Evan the Diplomat
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead (2004), Savageland

Underground 6

Post by Evan the Diplomat » Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:56 pm

Netflix gave Michael Bay a lot of money to make a movie for them. He did. However, it lacks the sly satire of Deadpool. If I knew the amazing car stunts were done using practical effects and stunt people I would be impressed, like I was with Mad Max: Fury Road.

Sadly I must hand the crown to Michael Bay, because I tapped out after 23 minutes of this high-octane trash.
Priests and cannibals, prehistoric animals
Everybody happy as the dead come home

Big black nemesis, parthenogenesis
No-one move a muscle as the dead come home

Sun Yeti
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, Zomblies (no, that's not a typo)

Re: Underground 6

Post by Sun Yeti » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:30 pm

It reminded me of Team America: World Police, except that I don't think it was intended as satire.
I find it uniquely frustrating that so many preppers have their heads in the sand about climate change.

But, I've come to realize there's no point in arguing with someone if there's no possible evidence you could present that would actually change their mind.

MacWa77ace
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Omega Man, I Am Legend, Dawn of the Dead v1974.

Post by MacWa77ace » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:31 am

6 Underground

Saw this post yesterday after I had already read the synopsis and skipped over the movie. Thought I could make it to at least 25 minutes as a challenge, so I watched it last night. LOL

The whole thing, it was entertaining.

There were certain things they did with editing that I hated though, mainly the short cuts were ridiculous. And I found it a little difficult to follow the timeline flashbacks.

Also, while the reason for the 'teams' existence was clear, making the world a better place, the reason for their random 12 targets, and in this film the first 'dictator' target being a top 12 target was unclear or I missed it. Unsuccessfully 'Gassing' your people doesn't move you to the top 12. [everyone already had gas masks] So why him? [and is this a setup for 11 more movies or a TV series?]

There was an incredible amount of collateral damage to civilian lives and property, but hey, it was Europe, and the trouble with Europe [apparently] is that it's full of Europeans. Team 6 Underground tried to fix that issue too. Not sure how their motto reconciles with the civi damages. Think of it like this, not quite as bad as Avengers fighting aliens in the city, but with more graphic detail on the collateral damage to the people.

It appeared that in the whole movie the actions of the 6 Underground team caused more civilian casualties and chaos than the dictator gassing his people.
Lifetime gamer watch at:
MacWa77ace YouTube Channel

RoneKiln

Post by RoneKiln » Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:37 pm

I found it to be a fairly decent mindless action flick that made me laugh a few times. I'd have been ticked if I'd paid to see it in the theater. Definitely not competitive on that level. But for a relaxed evening at home when you want to see a car chase, some explosions, and to laugh; it was ok.
"Seriously the most dangerous thing you are likely to do is to put salt on a Big Mac right before you eat it and to climb into your car."
--Raptor

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:29 pm

So many problems. So little entertainment.

Drive a senseless car chase around a semi-imaginary Florence and destroy priceless artifacts and kill people randomly. But woah, full stop when we spot the David (apparently not being visited by tourists that day and for reasons unexplained on display outdoors).

Vet all tore up with PTSD, because that is what vets do I guess. Team goes around and kills hundreds. Feels no remorse.

Best part about being dead; "no more immigration lines", because apparently that is a thing.

Go kill people in Uzbeki, beki, bekistan because that is the responsible thing to do and make their government fall. And they really want a bunch of strangers poking around in their politics and killing off their military leaders. When the CIA does it, it is bad, when the Underground 6 does it, it is just another day of saving the world.

Made it 47 minutes. Rated it "mostly annoying and senseless".
You go 'round and around it
You go over and under
I go through

Return to “Zombie Training Films”