"The Rain" on Netflix

Zombie and/or other Post-Apocalyptic related movies for us to study and know what not to do.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

"The Rain" on Netflix

Post by RickOShea » Fri May 11, 2018 9:01 pm

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark. Hint: its the rain....don't step in the mud puddles either.

A Danish end-of-the-world series, with English dubs. The show starts with a father collecting his family: wife, teenage daughter, and younger son. The family fly down the highway as ominous storm clouds gather in the distance and emergency alerts about people dropping dead are heard on the radio. The father has knowledge about the impending doom, and gets his family to a safe place just in time. The sister and brother manage not to kill each other while surviving in their safe space for a loooong time.

It has a lot of the usual stuff: a mass die off, angsty teenagers who do the opposite of what they are told (with tragic results), stranger danger, naïve survivors, supposedly experienced survivors, poor group dynamics, the search for food, cannibals, Lenny and the puppy, flash backs, a mysterious & possibly nefarious corporation, and that one character whose only contribution to the group seems to be unnecessary drama.

I didn't find the characters too endearing, except for maybe the sister. Only one seems concerned with personal protection, and even when they find BFPU's they only take the ammo for use in his weapon (probably a Euro thing). Luckily, the series is only eight episodes that are 35 - 40 minutes long, so you can power thru to the end fairly quickly.

whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

Stercutus

Re: "The Rain" on Netflix

Post by Stercutus » Fri May 11, 2018 11:50 pm

I found it to be overly predictable. You can pretty much call everything that happens or is going to happen as soon as it shows up on the radar. More a failure of writing than anything. The rest of the production was ok.
These days of dust
Which we've known
Will blow away with this new Son

But I'll kneel down wait for now
And I'll kneel down
Know my ground

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Post by Halfapint » Sun May 13, 2018 11:53 am

Binged it in a single night. Predictble? Of course. Bad dubbing? Sure. Did I sit down and watch the whole thing in a night? Yup. Two thumbs up form me!
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

JackBauer
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: All of the Night of the Dead series
I Am Legend
28 Days Later
Walking Dead (tv series)

Post by JackBauer » Mon May 21, 2018 7:50 am

Watched three episodes with my teen daughter. She and I like it so far.
Agree there's predictability and some general plot nonsense. But it has great cinematography and good production/sets.
A person should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog,. .., build a wall, set a bone, take and give orders, cooperate, analyze & solve problems, fight efficiently, die gallantly RH
http://johnfoberg.blogspot.com/

RonnyRonin
Favorite Zombie Movies: zombieland wasn't bad, but shaun started it for me.

Post by RonnyRonin » Mon May 21, 2018 6:38 pm

I made it two episodes. Production values seemed disproportionately high compared to the quality of writing and acting; if it had felt more low-budget I probably would have judged them less.
share your tobacco and your kindling, but never your sauna or your woman.

AK, Glock, Pie.

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Mon May 21, 2018 6:51 pm

I try not to get too judgmental with the acting in productions in languages I don't speak. But the writing was pretty mediocre.
These days of dust
Which we've known
Will blow away with this new Son

But I'll kneel down wait for now
And I'll kneel down
Know my ground

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Thu May 09, 2019 4:07 pm

The Rain: Season 2 Official Trailer Netflix...

whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Post by Halfapint » Thu May 09, 2019 9:25 pm

Yessssss!!! I bunches this in one sitting. I thought it was great! Can’t wait for season 2!
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

moab

Post by moab » Tue May 14, 2019 6:58 pm

This is a great series. Really held my attention at times. But for a post-apocalyptic tv series (hard to come by) it's pretty good. I really enjoyed it. And am waiting for season two. The Survivalist on netflix is better. More serious more gritty. More my thing. But it's a movie.
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

Return to “Zombie Training Films”