Day of the Dead (remake)

Zombie and/or other Post-Apocalyptic related movies for us to study and know what not to do.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Boneman

Day of the Dead (remake)

Post by Boneman » Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:32 am

MagicJuggler

Post by MagicJuggler » Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:19 am

You think they'll base it off Romero's original script, the one he was going to do before his budget was cut in half?

Einstein

Post by Einstein » Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:24 am

It said similar but different... Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction." A. Einstein

ZS Fleet #0015 & ZS Fleet #0016

TEC9man

Post by TEC9man » Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:07 pm

Boy Ving must really be into zombies. We need to get him here.
Psalm 27:1-5
All the above statements are that of TEC9man and not necesarily that of ZS, it's moderators or members.

TheMechanic
Favorite Zombie Movies: DOD '78

Post by TheMechanic » Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:23 am

IMDB doesn't say anything about Ving being in the 'Day' remake. That just might be wishful thinking. From what I've read, the story will be completely different than ROmero's original version. The remake is said to take place in a hospital where a group of survivors hole up during a zombie outbreak. It's not going to be directed by Zack Snyder either. Who knows though, it's been in pre-production for years, anything could change at this point.
"The future is always changing, in the largest of ways by the smallest of things."

Kaladhan

Post by Kaladhan » Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:39 am

Zombat, are you mistaking the fake sequel with the real remake?

Fake sequel:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Day_of_the ... _Contagium

Real remake:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Day_of_the ... 07_film%29

TheMechanic

Post by TheMechanic » Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:42 am

I could be. I've heard so many conflicting rumors it's hard to keep track of them all. I hope it's based on Romero's film and not some other idea. Either way I'm always looking forward to new zombie flick.
"The future is always changing, in the largest of ways by the smallest of things."

Ashnack
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Ashnack » Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:05 am

Poster for Day Remake. Not sure how reliable it is.

http://www.moviesonline.ca/movie_posters.php?id=7757

And for casting the word seems to be:
http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_6138.html

Christa Campbell will be appearing in Millenium Films Day of the Dead Remake. She will be joined by Ving Rhames, Mena Suvari, Michael Welch, Annalynne McCord, Stark Sands and Nick Cannon. Campbell will be playing the role of Ms. Letiner.
Winner Sept. Postal Match!!
I Survived Zombie Con 05, 06 & 09!!
I Survived Archon 29!!
I Survived Wintergeddon 06!!
Fleet# ZS 0040

TheMechanic

Post by TheMechanic » Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:22 am

Oh boy, "From the Director of Halloween H20". Wow, that film was a gem. :roll:
I just hope it's not a piece of crap.

Omega Storm
Favorite Zombie Movies: DotD '04, Shaun of the Dead, Return of the Living Dead

Post by Omega Storm » Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:55 pm

I don't think a remake could do any worse than the original. It sucked ass IMHO. I was GLAD when the zombies ate them finally.

---
Sturmwehr wrote about DOTD ’04:

"We're going to the mall."
"You do that. Meanwhile I'll be at the GUNSTORE that's right across the street from it. You let me know how it works out on your end, ok?"
When you need it, and don't have it, you sing a different tune.--Burt Gummer

Catch you fuckers at a bad time? –Abraham Whistler
Tavor/Glock/Stamps/AKM/Yummy Pie/Wire Neutral/Fast Zombies
Bearcat wrote:I think it looks sick. I will definitely get one sometime down the road.
RIP Pat HK33K
ZS Fleet #0039 & 0044
When you need it, and don't have it, you sing a different tune.-Burt Gummer
Catch you f***ers at a bad time? –Abraham Whistler
My blog: http://omega-storm.blogspot.com/

kyle
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead, Wild Zero, Dawn of the Dead (original), Shaun of the Dead, Dellamorte Dellamore (The Cemetery Man), Braindead, Return of the Living Dead

Post by kyle » Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:18 am

Zombie Squad - "We can handle it from here. We've talked about this on the Internet."

ghostface

Post by ghostface » Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:48 am

Roadpirate wrote:It looks like the only thing they're using from the original is the title. :roll:

From Aint It Cool News: http://www.aintitcool.com/node/30482

this link goes to the trailer, but man it's running slow right now: http://www.nuimage.net/film_library_det ... 94B08FA%7D

It would be nice if Ving Rhame's character in this film was the brother of his character in Dawn, but I seriously doubt it. This thing looks like a straight to DVD release to me.
ghostface wrote:
Roadpirate wrote:It looks like the only thing they're using from the original is the title. :roll:
Having only read the screenplay for Day (several versions actually), I can't say that this is a bad thing. Especially in light of the Night>Dawn>Day>Land deterioration in quality.
ZOMBAT wrote:Ving Rhames is playing Captian Rhodes. Should be interesting. I talked to Howard Sherman (Bub) last week and told him that he should have been cast as "Dr. Frankenstein" in the remake and he didn't even know the movie was being remade. I just hope they do a good job with it.
[posts in duplicate thread]
The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, prejudices, to be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill and suspicion can destroy, and a thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all its own...

Ben

Post by Ben » Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:52 am

That is the most creative way I have seen to merge two threads.
Gregoriev wrote:I'm not shooting you down for stupidity, but this is like saying "In case of zombies I'll just build my own rocket to mars! blastoff wooohooo!!!! no more zombie! lolz!"

Gregoriev
Probation

Post by Gregoriev » Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:17 am

It looks like runners are the more popular type of zombie these days. I honestly can't agree more with the new trend. I mean sure, shamblers were once scary to people, but today's modern consumer has been so desensitized to death and destruction that those old school zombies are more comedic than scary.

I think just about every zombie movie worth watching from here on out will use running zombies of some variety (rabid humans or actual undead menace). I also think Rhames will be to zombies what Bruce Cambell was to the evil dead. I honestly can't say it's a bad thing either...
Please read my zombie story at:
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2865003/1/

CHAPTER 8 HAS JUST BEEN RELEASED!!!!

Please send me comment/suggestions/reviews through PM.

Ben

Post by Ben » Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:28 am

I think they were more funny then scary back then too. It used to be that the zombies represented something like the mindless paths that people follow. Now it is just one more thing to chase after you. Horror movies of yesteryear were trying to tell you to look at your life. From the pod people showing how your neighbor could be communist, to Rod Sterling's "Monsters are Due on Maple Street", the best way to scare people is to show that they are their own worst enemy.
Gregoriev wrote:I'm not shooting you down for stupidity, but this is like saying "In case of zombies I'll just build my own rocket to mars! blastoff wooohooo!!!! no more zombie! lolz!"

undeaddeadguy
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead

Post by undeaddeadguy » Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:51 pm

Ben wrote:I think they were more funny then scary back then too. It used to be that the zombies represented something like the mindless paths that people follow. Now it is just one more thing to chase after you. Horror movies of yesteryear were trying to tell you to look at your life. From the pod people showing how your neighbor could be communist, to Rod Sterling's "Monsters are Due on Maple Street", the best way to scare people is to show that they are their own worst enemy.

Exactly why I love George Romero films.

Ben

Post by Ben » Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:54 pm

Ben wrote:From the pod people showing how your neighbor could be communist, to Rod Sterling's "Monsters are Due on Maple Street", the best way to scare people is to show that they are their own worst enemy.
I thought I would point out before Ghost does that those two have opposite takes. In "Monsters are Due on Maple Street" it is the fear of the neighbor being something more that leads to the violence not them actually being something else.

melanie

Post by melanie » Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:54 pm

Geez... Nick Cannon is everywhere. :x

Snotboy

Post by Snotboy » Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:13 pm

Nick Cannon LOL

Ving Rhames makes it worth see other then just the zombies. All i have to say about him bad ass motha

kyle reese

Post by kyle reese » Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:26 pm

Good news for sure. I have been starving for a follow up to DOTD04 for about the last year.

Anybody notice that the casting of Rhames and MENA SUVARI, who looks a LOT like the actress who played Sara the nurse in Snyder's film, might be a deliberate ploy to draw the hungry Snyder fans to this film?

Maybe the people putting this film together beat Snyder in the race to the next big zombie movie and really kicked his ass by taking Rhames and getting a reminder of Sara too. Hmmm.

(When I first saw DOTD04 I thought THAT Sara looked a lot in a way like Mena Suvari. I wouldn't complain about living out my last days 'holed up' with either, but of course Mena is quite the American Beauty. :lol:
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."

zXzGrifterzXz
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Romero movies, The Stink of Flesh, Seige of the Dead, Shaun of the Dead, 28 Days later, The remakes of Night and Dawn.

Post by zXzGrifterzXz » Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:23 pm

From what I saw in the trailer it might be quite bad. I really hope they dont screw it up.
-NREMT-P
-NFPA 1006 Rescue Technician
-HAZMAT Technician

My Aid Bag
*Standard medical disclaimer applies to all of my posts, YMMV, Always check CNS before and after, never let the new guy drive, don't attempt anything you read here without proper supervision..... Blah Blah Blah*

Gun_Nut_2k1

Post by Gun_Nut_2k1 » Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:27 pm

It did not look that bad to me XX. What did you not like?
GN
Oneswunk wrote:Interesting idea, but I still prefer the feel of wood in my hands.
tarzan wrote:Not a sound argument for having wood, in my opinion.
Tommy Tran wrote:Before I drop hammer on a 'clear' SG I full finger both tubes!

jeepinbandtrider

Post by jeepinbandtrider » Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:49 pm

The only real zombies to me are shamblers :D

Post by 66606 » Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:01 pm

Which of the Day of the Dead remakes was that for?

It doesn't look as good as DoTD04 to me and certainly not as good as the original Day (Which was the last great Zombie film that George actually directed).

Mind you trailers on Youtube never seem that good to me so maybe I'm judgeing it all wrong.

Return to “Zombie Training Films”