Fear The Walking Dead

Zombie and/or other Post-Apocalyptic related movies for us to study and know what not to do.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Maeklos
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, Dawn of the Dead (the original), Resident Evil

Re: Fear The Walking Dead

Post by Maeklos » Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:31 pm

I kind of lost interest in FTWD halfway through Season 1, and was thinking I'd watch the whole season on Netflix and then catch season 2 On Demand...but if the writing style/story is going even stupider than the last season of TWD, I may just rethink that. From the last few pages here, it seems like a lot of things are happening because of that most dreaded of diseases: Screenwriter's Discretion.

Which is kind of sad, because as far as spin-offs go, I'm quite enjoying Better Call Saul.
Politics is like having two handfuls of shit - one that smells bad and one that looks bad - and having to decide which one to put in your mouth.

"If the Russian flag were accurate, it would depict half a cabbage, a bottle of vodka, and a cold man dying for the Motherland."

dogbane
Favorite Zombie Movies: the usual ones

Post by dogbane » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:43 pm

I skipped it last night. Last week was bad enough to turn me off the show for good.

I skipped it last night and played Fallout 3 instead.
Mostly not here anymore.

ausher
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: so far zombieland because i think it accuratly depicts what a zombie could be like. not a dead becoming undead, but an infected human... kinda like a dog with raibies. even tho signs of other survivors were non existant in the movie except for the 4 main characters and bill murray...

Post by ausher » Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:50 pm

Is Nick and Chris the new Carl ? lol...

gundogs

Post by gundogs » Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:31 am

Talk about a case of the crabs!!

URBAN ASSAULT

Post by URBAN ASSAULT » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:25 pm

MacWa77ace wrote:I just don't get the flight 462 timeline in relation to FTWD. Can someone school me on this?

IF:
Cell phones were still working during days 1-3 and they were working on flight 462. IMO flight 462 originated in days 1-3 of the outbreak, on the west coast heading east or Arizona?!?

S1 days 1-3 yada yada yada.
S1 9 days later, now in fenced in compound, cell phones don't work.
S1 day 11-14 ish flight 462 overflies LA and is seen by Nick.
few more days and they are on Abigail.
S2 Another two days and they find the beach crash site.
= ~19 days ?

My conservative estimate would have 462 crashing no more than 3 days before Abigail finds them on the beach. Because without water, spinal column man would have been dead from dehydration if not his injury in that amount of time. That means that 462 takes off on day 2 when cell phones worked and then crashes on day 3 and Abigail finds them no later than day 6. But they were in the fenced in neighborhood on day 9. So that can't be the scenario.

I count ~19 days to Abigail finding 462. Which means 462 crashed on day 16 which is three days before Abigail finds them. That's airborne for 14 days, and they actually crashed mostly in the water which is west of LA. [SSW] And partly on the beach [?!?] which is still SSW of LAX. And is totally the wrong direction too.

When Nick saw 462 overfly him, was that day 1-3? I thought the fences were up when that happened.
And if it crashed on day 2-3, then how would burn boy and SpinalColumnMan have stayed alive for another 15-16 days without emergency medical attention? And if it crashed no more than 3 days before Abigail finds them so spine man could have a possibility of being alive, then how did it stay in the air for 14 days? In either scenario there is a problem with reality.

As for a summary of the rest of the episode, a quick Haiku authored by me:
  • When you need some drugs.
    Find a suitcasefull in time.
    Seems like to much luck.
:mrgreen:
Damn you Sir, damn you and your superior logic and means of deduction!

:lol:

-urban
"When under imminent Predator attack, try to act all Thalidomide-y till they go away".-me
3%

ineffableone
Favorite Zombie Movies: Undead, Dead Alive/Braindead, Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland, 28 days, 28 Weeks Later, I Am Legend, Resident Evil franchise, Serenity (I would call Revers pretty damn zombie), Versus, Black Sheep

Post by ineffableone » Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:16 pm

I have skipped out on the 2nd season of FTWD, just not into it. I lost interest a couple episodes to the end of the 1st season, and forced myself to finish watching the season just for closure.

But for all the folks who were pissed at FTWD skipping the chaos of the outbreak, you might want to check out Containment on CW. I was pleasantly surprised by the show. Only 2 episodes in now. So if you missed them, easy to catch up. And interestingly it is set in Atlanta GA, and is easy to think while watching that this is what was going on while Rick napped in his coma.

Well just a heads up for folks, that there is a show that you might enjoy.
There is a ZS thread on the show, though not very big yet viewtopic.php?f=13&t=118318
"Once a man has seen society's black underbelly, he can never turn his back on it. Never pretend, like you do, that it doesn't exist"

"None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with ME!"

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

MacAttack

Post by MacAttack » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:30 am

I don't understand the raft part of this episode.

If they crashed on the beach why were they in the raft long enough to wack-out over the burned guy?

And do people burn when treading water? Wouldn't you just dunk under the water and put out the fire thats on you?

And whats with Strand? Are the writers just trying to turn him into some kind of asshole?
Hes on a boat that can fit 20 people, he has been nice and kind to a whole group of strangers and is willing to take them to his BOL and now he turns into the asshole when two more people show up?

gunsandrockets
Favorite Zombie Movies: 1979 Dawn of the Dead
Sean of the Dead
Return of the Living Dead
Zombieland
The Walking Dead

Post by gunsandrockets » Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:15 am

MacAttack wrote:I don't understand the raft part of this episode.

If they crashed on the beach why were they in the raft long enough to wack-out over the burned guy?

And do people burn when treading water? Wouldn't you just dunk under the water and put out the fire thats on you?

And whats with Strand? Are the writers just trying to turn him into some kind of asshole?
Hes on a boat that can fit 20 people, he has been nice and kind to a whole group of strangers and is willing to take them to his BOL and now he turns into the asshole when two more people show up?
If you recall how the audience was first introduced to Strand in 1st Season, he was always an asshole. Clearly deriving delight from tormenting the bearded beta-male husband, and likely sending him to his death.
I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

gunsandrockets
Favorite Zombie Movies: 1979 Dawn of the Dead
Sean of the Dead
Return of the Living Dead
Zombieland
The Walking Dead

Post by gunsandrockets » Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:21 am

I ask myself, why am I still watching FTWD?

Why? Because even though FTWD is hugely disappointing, due to the backing of AMC it is still a show with a high quality level, and the subject is the zombie apocalypse.
I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Sun May 01, 2016 9:23 pm

gunsandrockets wrote:I ask myself, why am I still watching FTWD?

Why? Because even though FTWD is hugely disappointing, due to the backing of AMC it is still a show with a high quality level, and the subject is the zombie apocalypse.
I'm right there with you. Still trying to figure out how Nick went from druggie to commando. I guess that is the Hollywood norm. Still liking the Strand character, he's a survivor. The rest of them all confuse me.
You go 'round and around it
You go over and under
I go through

MacWa77ace
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Omega Man, I Am Legend, Dawn of the Dead v1974.

Post by MacWa77ace » Mon May 02, 2016 12:50 pm

TIMELINE WOES:

On 'The Talking Dead' last night, Coleman Domingo who plays Strand said, 'it's only been a week and a half..'.

Whaaaaaat?!?

OKaaaaie, but that means that from the start of the first episode in the second half of the first season [gawd], where Chris journals, "day 9"; the entire second half of the first season and the days that they were on Abigail totaled ~2 days. 9+2 = 'only been a week and a half'

Reality check:
  • I'm sure that they've been on Abigail for two days when they reached the 462 crash site, so that means that from the time Chris was sitting on the roof journalling 'day 9', to the time they got on Abigail, which was the entire second half of season one, it only took < one day. [Got on the boat at night, caught an eel the next day and ate it for dinner after sundown, went to the crash site during the day, the next day or day 2.]

Maybe Coleman meant a week and a half since Strands introduction, or since...

Lifetime gamer watch at:
MacWa77ace YouTube Channel

flybynight

Post by flybynight » Mon May 02, 2016 3:05 pm

Maybe he lost track of time cause he was :oops: thinking about his boyfriend
Not all those who wander are lost

John Titor was right <--- :ohdear: Way past the point of going gray man. See you on the other side ( or not :wink: )

SCBrian

Post by SCBrian » Mon May 02, 2016 3:42 pm

I gotta agree, the timeline and events are getting pretty inconsistent...

According to this write up we are at day 20. Maybe we're just confusing flight 462 (That crashed in the ocean) with another random magic flight that just happened to be airborne until just shortly before Team JV ShitMagnet needs them...

http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Fear_ ... d_Timeline

:roll: ETA - nope - same flight apparently:

"Luggage, mechanical parts, and other debris from Flight 462 wash up on the Californian coastline. "
That must have been a hell of a ride for Mr Brokeback to ride the fuselage through the ocean, then roll uphill on the cali coastline (Or does California just suck that bad, that even drowning victims get pulled back to it... :rofl: - I keed, I Keed)

:roll:
I tilt at Windmills
BattleVersion wrote:For my Family?...Burn down the world, sure... But, I'm also willing to carry it on my shoulders.
raptor wrote:...I am allergic to bullets;I break out in blood.
jnathan wrote:... you can choke on my Hebrew National.

MacWa77ace

Post by MacWa77ace » Mon May 02, 2016 4:52 pm

SCBrian wrote:I gotta agree, the timeline and events are getting pretty inconsistent...

According to this write up we are at day 20. ...

The wiki timeline does not put Nick seeing flight 462 overfly his neighborhood in distress. But they do have 462 taking off on day 3 and crashing on day 5. Which is also not possible to stay in the air for 2 days. And then finding Brokeback man and Burnboy on day 19 alive, 14 days after the crash, which again is not possible without hydration and emergency medical attention.

But 20 days is my exact calculation based on my post of Mon Apr 25, 2016, which was before the last episode. And I thought I was way off.
ref: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=116254&start=552#p2628812 :awesome:
Lifetime gamer watch at:

ausher
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: so far zombieland because i think it accuratly depicts what a zombie could be like. not a dead becoming undead, but an infected human... kinda like a dog with raibies. even tho signs of other survivors were non existant in the movie except for the 4 main characters and bill murray...

Post by ausher » Mon May 02, 2016 6:12 pm

Finally picking up. Timeline doesn't seem right, maybe it was a different plane Nick saw?

dogbane
Favorite Zombie Movies: the usual ones

Post by dogbane » Tue May 03, 2016 8:13 am

I skipped the last two episodes and reading this thread makes me think I made a good choice.
Mostly not here anymore.

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Tue May 03, 2016 7:11 pm

Team JV ShitMagnet
That about sums it up right there. The bewildering array of bad choices they make, makes the East Coast Team look wise.
You go over and under
I go through

NamelessStain

Post by NamelessStain » Wed May 04, 2016 5:54 am

Don't worry, the junkie will save them all.
jnathan wrote:Since we lost some posts due to some database work I'll just put this here for posterity.
Q wrote:Buckle up

MacAttack

Post by MacAttack » Wed May 04, 2016 11:58 am

Seriously???!!!!!!!!
Strand????!!!!!!!
Why in the world did they think they needed to go there?
And they are using like its some great plot twist.
Stop it already. Stop the social propaganda and promotion.

By the way that was the worst acting I have ever seen. It looked so forced and uncomfortable even I got uncomfortable just watching. I felt bad for them.

The boat does 20 knots so they could have traveled the whole length of Baha California in 24 hours or so. This little trip shouldn't have taken but two days total.
It looked like Strands MP5 had the giggle switch. If so thats 20 thousand in gun right there. And why would he not have several mags? Who has just one? Get one legally in California? Get one in Mexico? Finding on that boat by either nation means confiscation of the boat. Would they risk millions in boat?
Just how bad is the radar on that boat? They didn't see the main pirate ship drop off the ROWING three idiots? What did they do row from 20miles out?
And Nick goes from a shivering DT riddled junky to a navy seal able to swim miles in the dark open ocean in a week? Just take the zodiac.

I'm done. I don't even think I can binge watch it after the season is done. The writing, plot twists, time line, and other technical errors are just soooo bad.

MacWa77ace

Post by MacWa77ace » Wed May 04, 2016 1:47 pm

MacAttack wrote:Seriously???!!!!!!!!
Strand????!!!!!!!

By the way that was the worst acting I have ever seen. It looked so forced and uncomfortable even I got uncomfortable just watching. I felt bad for them.
It was a closed mouth grimace for sure.

"I might not remember" takes on a little different meaning in hindsight.
MacAttack wrote: The boat does 20 knots so they could have traveled the whole length of Baha California in 24 hours or so. This little trip shouldn't have taken but two days total.
It looked like Strands MP5 had the giggle switch. If so thats 20 thousand in gun right there. And why would he not have several mags? Who has just one? Get one legally in California? Get one in Mexico? Finding on that boat by either nation means confiscation of the boat. Would they risk millions in boat?
Just how bad is the radar on that boat? They didn't see the main pirate ship drop off the ROWING three idiots? What did they do row from 20miles out?
And Nick goes from a shivering DT riddled junky to a navy seal able to swim miles in the dark open ocean in a week? Just take the zodiac.

I'm done. I don't even think I can binge watch it after the season is done. The writing, plot twists, time line, and other technical errors are just soooo bad.
That was not preban. The gubment doesn't pay $20k for new NFA weapons. Bet Strand [or Abigail] didn't pay that much either. It's just the LAC's that have to pay that, plus the stamp, since they can't own one manufactured last week. But yeah, MP5 full auto and no extra mags and cans of ammo?!?

What were all those lights that were on the water? When those people were rowing in the raft toward the yacht, it looked like they were parked in a flotilla with all the lights around them.
Lifetime gamer watch at:

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Wed May 04, 2016 5:12 pm

MacAttack wrote:Seriously???!!!!!!!!
Strand????!!!!!!!

Oh come on, a Southern California business man who never talks about or looks at women is gay and you are honestly surprised?

I don't know, the school counselor lady is a pretty bad actor too.

To me it looks like this was part of the bailout plan and they he was not planning on running into any government agency. At least that is what I got from the show. Last I checked there was absolutely no shortage of automatic weapons on the black market in Mexico. He certainly couldn't buy it legally in California.

It appeared to me that they were very close to the coast. It is quite possible that a larger boat could be behind something. Either way I kind of was getting that there were all kinds of boats floating around out there in various states of repair. Certainly no one was watching the radar that night. Mostly because they are a bunch of idiots I imagine.

I just got to thinking. Figured Strand slipped him a taste of Cocaine and Meth, promised him some more if he got the job done. Meth heads would totally swim miles in the ocean, smear blood all over themselves and walk through hordes of zombies for more meth. Hell, they would do that just for a ten boxes of allergy medicine. Also junkies don't get DT's, thats an alkie thing.

But then you will miss the chance to make fun of how bad it really is.....
Way too late.

My money (against all possible odds) is on the government in Mexico miraculously functioning better than in the US. They are following the strict Mexican laws on immigration and illegal US immigrants and refugees are all mowing lawns, farming and working in packing plants. When TJVSM shows up they have to climb a fence and sneak under some searchlights, maybe some dogs for added effect.
You go over and under
I go through

Mack63
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland, Resident Evil, Dead Snow; Red vs Dead, TWD, Z Nation

Post by Mack63 » Mon May 09, 2016 4:57 pm

Last night's episode wasn't too bad lol.

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Mon May 09, 2016 5:22 pm

It was LOL 'orrible.

Let's see....

Aircraft lady wandered the ocean in a raft with burn boy. Then somehow gets picked up by the other group and within ten minutes becomes a trusted member of their group giving all kinds of inside information about a group that she did not know and a huge yacht that she spent all of three minutes on.

Everyone is piloting the 40 meter yacht with the little steering wheel with no training.

Pirates go to a hostage exchange with no weapons.

I could go on and on but you get the idea. Bad, now getting boring it is so bad.
You go over and under
I go through

SCBrian

Post by SCBrian » Mon May 09, 2016 7:59 pm

I know why the dead are walking.

They tore into another dimension. They've torn apart the time stream and the dead are slipping through.

still using this and extrapolating...

Day 19
The group debates whether or not to take Alex and Jake with them, and eventually find a compromise; they will tow them behind the Abigail on their raft. After deliberating over the decision, Strand silently cuts them adrift.
******* Apparently somewhere in here, Conner found, healed and debriefed Alex, took her to his base and she told him EVERYTHING about the Abigail and the folks on it *****
Day 19 Nighttime
Jack and his group hijack the Abigail and take everyone hostage. (Blood in the Streets)

Day 20
Nick finds Luis and they reach the Abigail in time to rescue everyone. Reed is injured and becomes the group's prisoner. (Blood in the Streets)
<~2 hours later, rescue is effected.>

"Jack spots the Abigail approaching on the radar. Alicia explodes at Jack when she realizes Reed could not have possibly delivered her family to safety in such a short amount of time. Jack admits that Reed sometimes kills passengers after hijackings and offers to help Alicia find her family. "

This plot has more holes than Duncan Donuts... :facepalm:
I tilt at Windmills
BattleVersion wrote:For my Family?...Burn down the world, sure... But, I'm also willing to carry it on my shoulders.
raptor wrote:...I am allergic to bullets;I break out in blood.
jnathan wrote:... you can choke on my Hebrew National.

Return to “Zombie Training Films”