Fear The Walking Dead

Zombie and/or other Post-Apocalyptic related movies for us to study and know what not to do.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

wee drop o' bush
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead
Shaun of the Dead
Dead Set
Zombieland
TV show: The Walking Dead
Game: Plants vs Zombies

Re: Fear The Walking Dead

Post by wee drop o' bush » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:21 pm

There's a compilation of short, interconnected zombie stories called LZR-1143: PERSPECTIVES by a guy called Bryan James. The first of these is titled 'Pilot' and it's about an infected flight during the first few hours of the ZOMPOC (obviously)
Flight 462 is similar, so far.
Mr. E. Monkey wrote: Wee drop is NOT a dinosaur with a mind-control hat. Wee drop is NOT a dinosaur with a mind-control hat.
airballrad wrote: All hail Wee Drop, the Angel of Quittin' Time. :D
wee drop's Sheep Farming thread

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:09 pm

Evan the Diplomat wrote:Only two episodes so far, so if you've seen two you've seen them all.

My nitpick is the time line. In FTWD the flight goes overhead in that looks like early afternoon. The plane departs from an unknown origin at what looks/feels like around 11-12 at night. I could be wrong, but don't see how that plane flies so slow to California.
Erm....when Jake tries to text his Mom, the clock on his device reads "5:01AM".

I'm not 100% sure just yet, but I believe the flight takes off from Los Angeles.

We know from the radio news reports that some States have already started grounding flights, so they may get ordered to return to their point of origin somewhere along the way, or maybe they take off and just get put in a holding pattern for several hours while the Cali or Fed Gub'mint decides what to do. Image

whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.
Sumdood wrote:Welcome to 2020. I would list all the rules here, but there are too many and most of them are made up as we go. Just be prepared to be punished for something.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

Evan the Diplomat
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead (2004), Savageland

Post by Evan the Diplomat » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:44 pm

So X hours later the infected plane returns to LAX because somewhere less than halfway there it returns to LA.

Better scenario is they divert them to Cleveland because they can't land in their destination NYC or DC maybe ATL, where they refuel but can't disembark any passengers.
Priests and cannibals, prehistoric animals
Everybody happy as the dead come home

Big black nemesis, parthenogenesis
No-one move a muscle as the dead come home

cv66er
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Being originally from Butler County in Pennsylvania...

Post by cv66er » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:10 pm

Evan the Diplomat wrote:So X hours later the infected plane returns to LAX because somewhere less than halfway there it returns to LA.

Better scenario is they divert them to Cleveland because they can't land in their destination NYC or DC maybe ATL, where they refuel but can't disembark any passengers.
I thought they said the flight was going to Phoenix.

Evan the Diplomat
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead (2004), Savageland

Post by Evan the Diplomat » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:27 pm

Yes, PHX is the destination, but flight time from LAX to PHX is only 1h25m flight time. This is unlikely to be Zombies on a Plane.
Priests and cannibals, prehistoric animals
Everybody happy as the dead come home

Big black nemesis, parthenogenesis
No-one move a muscle as the dead come home

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:59 pm

The guy in the tan jacket put down his tray, the attendant placed a couple of Ginger Ales on it, and he never looked at her or spoke to her......is he a regular who takes that flight often, or an Air Marshal she knows?

Sumdood wrote:Welcome to 2020. I would list all the rules here, but there are too many and most of them are made up as we go. Just be prepared to be punished for something.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Post by Halfapint » Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:10 am

RickOShea wrote:The guy in the tan jacket put down his tray, the attendant placed a couple of Ginger Ales on it, and he never looked at her or spoke to her......is he a regular who takes that flight often, or an Air Marshal she knows?
Being a TV show I'm going to bet he is a air marshal, though they don't generally like sitting in steerage. He's could be a frequent traveler that does travel armed, some sort of LEO with his service pistol. I'd also bet this being a show, that the captains are probably FFDO's as well.
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:20 pm

'Fear The Walking Dead' Season 2 Spoilers: Filming Begins At Ocean Set In Mexico

http://www.ibtimes.com/fear-walking-dea ... co-2210208

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:08 pm

Last edited by RickOShea on Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FordGuy2001
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn 04. Resident Evil Films. Zombieland.

Post by FordGuy2001 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:50 am

My #1 wish for this show is for alicia to die the most horrible death imagined.
Fleet # ZS0021
shrapnel wrote: Pancakes, our cat, is more of a badass than any of the humans in the house.
raptor wrote:
America even in the midst of a recession is a nation of plenty; we should not allow children to go hungry.

LowKey
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Dead (original and remake)
Dawn of the Dead (original and remake)
Land of the Dead
Diary of the Dead
28 Days
28 Weeks
Resident Evil
Shawn of the Dead
Night of the Comet (cheese squared!)
Dead Alive (cheese cubed!!)

Post by LowKey » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:01 pm

FordGuy2001 wrote:My #1 wish for this show is for alicia to die the most horrible death imagined.
I feel the same way about her whole family with the exception of Nick. He may be a junkie, but at least he's not a pretentious asshole. He's a junkie and knows it, doesn't expect extra slack to be cut. The rest of the family? Special, special, snowflake who want the world to conform to what they think is appropriate. Grow the fuck up.
“Political tags – such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth – are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.” Robert A. Heinlein

DJH
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Walking Dead TV series, anything George Romero

Post by DJH » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:29 pm

LowKey wrote:
FordGuy2001 wrote:My #1 wish for this show is for alicia to die the most horrible death imagined.
I feel the same way about her whole family with the exception of Nick. He may be a junkie, but at least he's not a pretentious asshole. He's a junkie and knows it, doesn't expect extra slack to be cut. The rest of the family? Special, special, snowflake who want the world to conform to what they think is appropriate. Grow the fuck up.
Which means they perfectly captured the feel of the typical L.A. resident. I'd know, I used to live just outside the place. :mrgreen:
When I die, bury me 8 feet under, so I'll still be lower than all my friends.

FordGuy2001
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn 04. Resident Evil Films. Zombieland.

Post by FordGuy2001 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:26 am

DJH wrote:
LowKey wrote:
Which means they perfectly captured the feel of the typical L.A. resident. I'd know, I used to live just outside the place. :mrgreen:

My reason is more personal. Got a ex named alicia :lol:
Fleet # ZS0021
shrapnel wrote: Pancakes, our cat, is more of a badass than any of the humans in the house.
raptor wrote:
America even in the midst of a recession is a nation of plenty; we should not allow children to go hungry.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:03 pm

MacAttack wrote:
RickOShea wrote:If Double-Naught Secret Agent Strand doesn't have a locker full of suppressed H-und-Ks in his house and/or on his boat.....then I will be disappoint. Image
Remember that this is LA.
So for him to even think about having firearms he would have to be a criminal or Mel Gibson.
And he don't look like Mel.
H-und-K, H-und-K, H-und-K !!! Image.......at around the 0:09 mark:

jorgenvonzombie
Spammer
Spammer

Post by jorgenvonzombie » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:38 am

I don’t think they could think of a more horrible way of dying that it is already in the comic book the Walking Dead or in the show.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:06 pm

Is it just me, or does it look like there are things burning all over the place?.....Maybe they did "Cobalt" L.A. :ooh:

jeepinbandtrider

Post by jeepinbandtrider » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:44 am

Ready for the new season. I liked the first one because you always knew the dead were somewhere watching nearly all the time.

turbo6

Post by turbo6 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:33 am

The first season wasn't bad. I'm hoping they can be a bit more daring and explore things TWD did not. Plus, there's no comic blueprint of how the series will go so we will never really have any inclinations about the plot.

Iowa_guy
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland

Post by Iowa_guy » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:30 am

I wonder if all the fires and the beach full of walkers is because of Flight 462. They tied that up last night by having Nick see it fly over. Certainly looks like a bunch of bags strewn about but the crash "survivors" look remarkably intact.

MacWa77ace
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Omega Man, I Am Legend, Dawn of the Dead v1974.

Post by MacWa77ace » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:24 am

Iowa_guy wrote:I wonder if all the fires and the beach full of walkers is because of Flight 462. They tied that up last night by having Nick see it fly over. Certainly looks like a bunch of bags strewn about but the crash "survivors" look remarkably intact.
No, timeline is wrong for this to have happened. 462 is at the beginning of the outbreak. Beachhouse is probably a month later.

I missed TWD last night so only reading this thread to avoid spoilers [and it didn't work].
Lifetime gamer watch at:
MacWa77ace YouTube Channel

DJH
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Walking Dead TV series, anything George Romero

Post by DJH » Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:37 pm

Huh. Just realized Alicia is also Lexa from the 100. That explains what happened to her on that show lol
When I die, bury me 8 feet under, so I'll still be lower than all my friends.

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:05 am

There was a plane in the preview for next week on the ground. Gotta wonder if it is one of those oh so unpredictable plot twists.
The rest of the family? Special, special, snowflake who want the world to conform to what they think is appropriate. Grow the fuck up.
Yeah, still not really identifying with anyone on the show. Although the Strand character is starting to grow on me. Two shows till a "stranded" joke. He has considerable resources and a lot o good sense but not much background. I'll be really disappointed if he is a cartoonish crime lord.
You go 'round and around it
You go over and under
I go through

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Post by Halfapint » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:31 am

Hmmm, opening scene zombies are not attracted to fire, but in TWD they are. Mister lead character is finally getting smart and realizing that he can't help EVERYONE. I thought something was up with the CB pal.

Zombies can some now huh? Well I quit life. I hate the stupid fog with zombies in it, lol come on.

Gotta say I have a man chrush in Strand, finally someone with smarts besides the herion addict!
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

MacWa77ace
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Omega Man, I Am Legend, Dawn of the Dead v1974.

Post by MacWa77ace » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:45 pm

Halfapint wrote:Hmmm, opening scene zombies are not attracted to fire, but in TWD they are. Mister lead character is finally getting smart and realizing that he can't help EVERYONE. I thought something was up with the CB pal.

Zombies can some now huh? Well I quit life. I hate the stupid fog with zombies in it, lol come on.

Gotta say I have a man chrush in Strand, finally someone with smarts besides the herion addict!
I thought the same thing, why are the Walkers walking away from the fires and then there was also a scene where a Walker was attacking someone and got distracted by someone else which doesn't make any sense.

And how does a boat get shot full of large caliber holes, capsize, and stay floating very very high in the water? IIRC a capsized boat will stay afloat mainly due to the air pocket trapped inside. Holes make the air leak out and so the boat would sink.

West Coast Team Shit Magnet. WCTSM :mrgreen:
Lifetime gamer watch at:
MacWa77ace YouTube Channel

Return to “Zombie Training Films”