Fear The Walking Dead

Zombie and/or other Post-Apocalyptic related movies for us to study and know what not to do.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

raistlin
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Favorite Movie: 28 Days Later. Recent Favorite book series: The Remaining by D.J. Molles.

Re: Fear The Walking Dead

Post by raistlin » Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:12 pm

MacAttack wrote:They could have thrown in kids getting killed at a birthday party by a Zombie clown. Nothing but bad dreams after that.
Did you see the latest Z Nation? Zombie parade. All these people in costumes for a parade who were turned into zombies. LOL

Seriously, though. That's a good idea. Reminds me of the creepy clown in Stephen King's IT.
"This is really every father's dream. Watching his son launch a ballistic missile on his own position."

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:57 pm

raistlin wrote:
MacAttack wrote:They could have thrown in kids getting killed at a birthday party by a Zombie clown. Nothing but bad dreams after that.
Did you see the latest Z Nation? Zombie parade. All these people in costumes for a parade who were turned into zombies. LOL

Seriously, though. That's a good idea. Reminds me of the creepy clown in Stephen King's IT.
I'm waiting on the whole herd of circus walkers (including several midget clowns) from the Woodbury novels to make an appearance. :clownshoes:
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.
Sumdood wrote:Welcome to 2020. I would list all the rules here, but there are too many and most of them are made up as we go. Just be prepared to be punished for something.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

Evan the Diplomat
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead (2004), Savageland

Post by Evan the Diplomat » Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:49 pm

FTWD was told the way the producers wanted to tell it and we the takers of the producers hard work should not complain. After all, those of us on the television dole should go find a real job and become producers.

That said, after careful consideration I think I would have rather seen a multiple story thread in the grand old fashion of monster movies and Irwin Allen's disaster movies.

That is to say, some of Travis and his blended family, some of Tobias and his conspiracy minded debate team. Somebody at the L A OES (cameo for Tommy Lee Jones) a LTCOL in the LA response. Maybe the G4 or G2.

This could have given us a close in story, with some good zombie killing scenes for Tobias, it's LA we needed a group of cholos and maybe some gangbangers out of Compton, and plenty of aural and visual wall paper from these people in command and control position with charts and LED wall displays and lots of radio chatter.

Yes we saw the breakdown from this family's POV but the SZ created a story line cloister. We couldn't see all of the acts of cowardice and bravery that would have been occurring as the City of Angels went to hell in a hand basket. If they had flashed back to people turning WWZ style as Corporal what's his name retold his story about the stadium, we might all be complaining less.
Priests and cannibals, prehistoric animals
Everybody happy as the dead come home

Big black nemesis, parthenogenesis
No-one move a muscle as the dead come home

Tobias05
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: "The Walking Dead"

Post by Tobias05 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:15 pm

Evan the Diplomat wrote: ...That is to say, some of Travis and his blended family, some of Tobias and his conspiracy minded debate team. Somebody at the L A OES (cameo for Tommy Lee Jones) a LTCOL in the LA response. Maybe the G4 or G2...
I'd love to see the CSM get eaten just after he got done telling everyone how hard admin had worked, day in and day out, spending hours unjamming the paper shredder or copying machine... :clap:

Brings back memories...

MacAttack

Post by MacAttack » Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:28 pm

raistlin wrote:

Serious? No I had not seen that episode until today.

Further confirming that Z Nation is the Evil Dead of tv Zombie shows.

Stab74

Post by Stab74 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:05 pm

Tobias05 wrote:I'd love to see the CSM get eaten just after he got done telling everyone how hard admin had worked, day in and day out, spending hours unjamming the paper shredder or copying machine... :clap:
Or how bout after he yells at some soldiers for walking on the grass, they turn around, zombies! Get's eaten by undead E-4 mafia.
"As previously stated, we want to avoid discussions of illegal activities on this forum, but at the same time we do not want to completely stifle discussion." - Doctor Jest, Moderator

Mod clarification on what constitutes discussion of illegal activities

LowKey
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Dead (original and remake)
Dawn of the Dead (original and remake)
Land of the Dead
Diary of the Dead
28 Days
28 Weeks
Resident Evil
Shawn of the Dead
Night of the Comet (cheese squared!)
Dead Alive (cheese cubed!!)

Post by LowKey » Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:07 pm

Stab74 wrote:
Tobias05 wrote:I'd love to see the CSM get eaten just after he got done telling everyone how hard admin had worked, day in and day out, spending hours unjamming the paper shredder or copying machine... :clap:
Or how bout after he yells at some soldiers for walking on the grass, they turn around, zombies! Get's eaten by undead E-4 mafia.
..or bitching at them for not wearing reflective vests after dark.
“Political tags – such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth – are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.” Robert A. Heinlein

flybynight

Post by flybynight » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:35 pm

found the missing mega horde...Rick had them. :roll:
Not all those who wander are lost

John Titor was right <--- :ohdear: Way past the point of going gray man. See you on the other side ( or not :wink: )

dogbane
Favorite Zombie Movies: the usual ones

Post by dogbane » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:53 pm

MacAttack wrote:
raistlin wrote:

Say, that reminds me, is anyone else here excited about the upcoming Ash vs. Evil Dead television series?
Mostly not here anymore.

CarolinaPeach
Favorite Zombie Movies: I was hoping it would be "World War Z" but I don't think that's going to happen. So, in order: Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Shaun of the Dead and Zombieland...so far.

Post by CarolinaPeach » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:32 am

dogbane wrote:
MacAttack wrote:
raistlin wrote:

Say, that reminds me, is anyone else here excited about the upcoming Ash vs. Evil Dead television series?
Yes, I am. From the interviews and the trailers, it looks like Bruce is having a fine old time revisiting the role. He's a bit on the awesome side.

Peach

kdalton

Post by kdalton » Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:04 pm

ineffableone
Favorite Zombie Movies: Undead, Dead Alive/Braindead, Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland, 28 days, 28 Weeks Later, I Am Legend, Resident Evil franchise, Serenity (I would call Revers pretty damn zombie), Versus, Black Sheep

Post by ineffableone » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:09 pm

flybynight wrote:found the missing mega horde...Rick had them. :roll:
Yep, the herd they showed in WD was a lot more of what they should have showed for the herd that was let out of the arena. FTWD though skimped and avoided giving a good showing of that herd. WD however gave us the goods and showed what a giant herd of zombies looks like, and why they are so scary.
"Once a man has seen society's black underbelly, he can never turn his back on it. Never pretend, like you do, that it doesn't exist"

"None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with ME!"

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

LowKey
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Dead (original and remake)
Dawn of the Dead (original and remake)
Land of the Dead
Diary of the Dead
28 Days
28 Weeks
Resident Evil
Shawn of the Dead
Night of the Comet (cheese squared!)
Dead Alive (cheese cubed!!)

Post by LowKey » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:35 pm

I've been watching TWD over again from the start, and something in Season 4 has me curious....

If you recall the flu epidemic in the prison (the first to succumb to it was Patrick), it seemed that the walkers outside the fence were exhibiting symptoms...mainly bleeding eyes.
At the time the episode aired there were all sorts of theories about the source of that flu strain. Rick's pigs. The rats Lizzie was catching to feed to the zombies at the fence. Karen's cough.

Now, think about the backchatter at the start of Fear the Walking Dead.
All the reference to a flu outbreak, a veritable Chekhov's Gun All the resultant speculation amongst watchers that this "flu" is actually the zombie virus spreading.

It's starting to look more and more as if the "flu" really is the zombie virus. What really has me wondering.....years into the zombie apocalypse (TWD Season 4) it's still sweeping through the living and one would think that seeing as everyone is already "infected" with "the virus" that they wouldn't catch it again which leads me to suspect the flu/virus is mutating. After all, this time it seems to be affecting the zombies....I'm mean in a harmful to the zombies way, obviously it's already turned them. :lol:

So, will there be further changes in the virus? Will it become more lethal to human the next time around? Will it end up destroying walkers it infects*?

Ideas, anyone?

*Not sure if infect would be the right term. Contaminate?
“Political tags – such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth – are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.” Robert A. Heinlein

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:17 am

Those couple of walkers at the dogrun fence and at the college that had bleeding eyes were people who had recently died from the same hemorragic fever that killed Patrick.
Sumdood wrote:Welcome to 2020. I would list all the rules here, but there are too many and most of them are made up as we go. Just be prepared to be punished for something.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

kdalton

Post by kdalton » Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:22 am

Well, given the general depreciation of conditions in the world, I would say the plain old flu and other diseases like cholera, etc., are killing more than the walkers now.They die, reanimate, kill their campmates. Lather, rinse, repeat.

The whole undead outbreak in D-block was easily avoided by having a couple of people on fire watch armed with machetes every night.

MacWa77ace
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Omega Man, I Am Legend, Dawn of the Dead v1974.

Post by MacWa77ace » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:01 am

Yeah, there's a lot of rotting corpses around. Which attract flies, etc.
The 'fence stabbers' are constantly getting exposed to Zed juice.
The water situation at the prison was gutters running into barrels; Carol was seen filling bottles straight out of the barrels. Birds s#!+ on the roofs that the gutters are attached to.
The shower in the prison is set up inside, unless they had some serious supply of chlorine and cleaning that's a bad spot for it - good for the growth of fungus spores and molds though.
It's a prison, so no windows, the fresh air and airflow thru there must be minimal.
Animal and human excrement due to regular bodily functions need to be disposed of.
That frickin' lake, or more accurately, mosquito swamp.
Improper diet and stress and lack of sleep that reduces immune system response. yada yada yada, its a TV show. But there are a lot of vectors for pathogens at that prison.

But bleeding from the eyes as a symptom?!? My guess is that exposure to Zombie Juices, or getting splashed in the eyes and mouth or transferring from unwashed hands to nose or mouth is similar to getting bit. You bleed from eyes, cough etc, again spreading to other non infected's, then die with bloody eyes and return as a biter.
This would also mean that Rick and others may be immune to a degree to this vector, as they drank zombie juices more times than I could count and didn't get it. Or its just a killer flu.
Lifetime gamer watch at:
MacWa77ace YouTube Channel

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:18 pm

Apparently, the TSA is okay with having knitting needles in your carry-on. :ooh:

http://blog.tsa.gov/2013/11/tsa-travel- ... tting.html

DJH
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Walking Dead TV series, anything George Romero

Post by DJH » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:41 pm

RickOShea wrote:Apparently, the TSA is okay with having knitting needles in your carry-on. :ooh:
I suspect those are going to come in handy in a bit there.
When I die, bury me 8 feet under, so I'll still be lower than all my friends.

Evan the Diplomat

Post by Evan the Diplomat » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:27 am

DJH wrote:
RickOShea wrote:Apparently, the TSA is okay with having knitting needles in your carry-on. :ooh:
I suspect those are going to come in handy in a bit there.
My thoughts exactly. But I bet it won't be airsickness man. He is misdirection.

wee drop o' bush
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead
Shaun of the Dead
Dead Set
Zombieland
TV show: The Walking Dead
Game: Plants vs Zombies

Post by wee drop o' bush » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:03 am

Where & when is the FTWD Airplane story available? Anyone any clue?
Mr. E. Monkey wrote: Wee drop is NOT a dinosaur with a mind-control hat. Wee drop is NOT a dinosaur with a mind-control hat.
airballrad wrote: All hail Wee Drop, the Angel of Quittin' Time. :D
wee drop's Sheep Farming thread

SCBrian

Post by SCBrian » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:58 am

Wee - It's being put out 30 seconds or so at a time in the place of a commercial over here in the states. Look for "Flight 462" online and you can see some. :)
I tilt at Windmills
BattleVersion wrote:For my Family?...Burn down the world, sure... But, I'm also willing to carry it on my shoulders.
raptor wrote:...I am allergic to bullets;I break out in blood.
jnathan wrote:... you can choke on my Hebrew National.

wee drop o' bush
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead
Shaun of the Dead
Dead Set
Zombieland
TV show: The Walking Dead
Game: Plants vs Zombies

Post by wee drop o' bush » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:12 am

SCBrian wrote:Wee - It's being put out 30 seconds or so at a time in the place of a commercial over here in the states. Look for "Flight 462" online and you can see some. :)
Thanks, I found episodes 1&2 of F462 on YouTube, crappy quality, but AMC YouTube channel content isn't available in the UK or Ireland.
Mr. E. Monkey wrote: Wee drop is NOT a dinosaur with a mind-control hat. Wee drop is NOT a dinosaur with a mind-control hat.
airballrad wrote: All hail Wee Drop, the Angel of Quittin' Time. :D
wee drop's Sheep Farming thread

Evan the Diplomat

Post by Evan the Diplomat » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:36 am

Only two episodes so far, so if you've seen two you've seen them all.

My nitpick is the time line. In FTWD the flight goes overhead in that looks like early afternoon. The plane departs from an unknown origin at what looks/feels like around 11-12 at night. I could be wrong, but don't see how that plane flies so slow to California.

flybynight

Post by flybynight » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:27 am

Evan the Diplomat wrote:Only two episodes so far, so if you've seen two you've seen them all.

My nitpick is the time line. In FTWD the flight goes overhead in that looks like early afternoon. The plane departs from an unknown origin at what looks/feels like around 11-12 at night. I could be wrong, but don't see how that plane flies so slow to California.
Maybe the plane full of infected was refused landing permission.
Not all those who wander are lost

John Titor was right <--- :ohdear: Way past the point of going gray man. See you on the other side ( or not :wink: )

Return to “Zombie Training Films”