Fear The Walking Dead

Zombie and/or other Post-Apocalyptic related movies for us to study and know what not to do.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

wee drop o' bush
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead
Shaun of the Dead
Dead Set
Zombieland
TV show: The Walking Dead
Game: Plants vs Zombies

Re: Fear The Walking Dead

Post by wee drop o' bush » Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:10 pm

flybynight wrote:It just might be that they are not showing the unraveling of civilization from millions strong zombie hordes because it's just too expensive to hire, get costume and make up for that many extra's. Cgi might be beyond their budget also...
I dunno, I think if you cannot do it right, then don't bother :|
Mr. E. Monkey wrote: Wee drop is NOT a dinosaur with a mind-control hat. Wee drop is NOT a dinosaur with a mind-control hat.
airballrad wrote: All hail Wee Drop, the Angel of Quittin' Time. :D
wee drop's Sheep Farming thread

flybynight

Post by flybynight » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:14 pm

wee drop o' bush wrote:
flybynight wrote:It just might be that they are not showing the unraveling of civilization from millions strong zombie hordes because it's just too expensive to hire, get costume and make up for that many extra's. Cgi might be beyond their budget also...
Make money? Oh I think they are doing it right.
Not all those who wander are lost

John Titor was right

Stab74

Post by Stab74 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:14 pm

wee drop o' bush wrote:
It wouldn't be the first time. The season 2 premier of TWD was supposed to tell the story of the zombie soldier in the tank Rick encounters at the end of the first season. This was planned from the beginning which is why a real actor, Sam Witwer, was picked to play that zombie instead of just some extra. AMC canceled the plan to save money.

What Could Have Been: Frank Darabont Speaks About His Original Walking Dead Season 2 Opener!
"As previously stated, we want to avoid discussions of illegal activities on this forum, but at the same time we do not want to completely stifle discussion." - Doctor Jest, Moderator

Mod clarification on what constitutes discussion of illegal activities

raistlin
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Favorite Movie: 28 Days Later. Recent Favorite book series: The Remaining by D.J. Molles.

Post by raistlin » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:39 pm

dogbane wrote:
Iowa_guy wrote:Did anyone else facepalm when Madison cut the fence to go outside?
Yes. I did this:

And then this:

Uhhhh...No doubt. At least she didn't cut the fence links. But if the zombies somehow get inside the next episode, we know of one perimeter weakness.
"This is really every father's dream. Watching his son launch a ballistic missile on his own position."

Mountainsquid
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead(Snyder), Zombieland

Post by Mountainsquid » Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:13 am

MacAttack wrote:

This isn't just a few random guys on bath salts biting people. This is old folks dying in their beds and rising. This is thousands of bodies in morgues around the world getting up and killing the medical examiners. This is every EMT squad running into the walking dead at accidents all over the world.
First of all, it went completely bad over the course of two days, and initially at least the yahoos in LA would have been more concerned about the riots or finding their son who escaped from the hospital and may or may not have had a bad trip.

Second, as noted, there was news reports prior to this. There had to have been. Just from the background noise of the story. People were streaming out of the area before the end of the first day. The airports were closed by the end of the first day. Some kid had the high school had put it all together at the start of the first day. But we're concentrating on this family, and it looks as if they've been taking their idiot pills every day.

I can guess the writers are trying to get across the idea that LA people are just that jaded that a million zombies walking around are not that big a thing. But even the guy from Nicaragua seems to just blow it off and the best thing he can say is "this reminds me of the time a military junta squad came into my village and killed everyone. Watch out for that." Yep a million walking undead is just like that.
So far as I know, they haven't shown a million walking dead yet. Like I said, for whatever the reason they haven't made it to the SZ. As long as there's a media blackout, they aren't getting any information. Hell, a lot of people don't have stand alone radios outside of their cars anymore, for all we know someone is broadcasting but they just aren't listening.

LowKey
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Dead (original and remake)
Dawn of the Dead (original and remake)
Land of the Dead
Diary of the Dead
28 Days
28 Weeks
Resident Evil
Shawn of the Dead
Night of the Comet (cheese squared!)
Dead Alive (cheese cubed!!)

Post by LowKey » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:23 am

RickOShea wrote: I don't know, but it seems like there could be something nefarious going on. Maybe something like a Redeker Plan to just save a small part of humanity and to consolidate remaining resources.

L.A. appears to have been depopulated except for the 12 protected areas. Almost like they are setting-up "Arks" to save a small, controllable portion of the population.....and then we see that they are now removing the "unhealthy/unstable" ones (like Hector, Doug, Griselda, and Nick) from the program.
Or the "safe zones" are the bait in a Redeker Plan. :awesome: and the zombie horde has been occupied eating other safe zones and is slowly on it's way to Travis and Madison's neighborhood.
If so, and depending on timing both real world and TV time-line-wise, Halloween Trick-or-treating could be pretty intense this year at Travis and Madison's place.
“Political tags – such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth – are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.” Robert A. Heinlein

wee drop o' bush
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead
Shaun of the Dead
Dead Set
Zombieland
TV show: The Walking Dead
Game: Plants vs Zombies

Post by wee drop o' bush » Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:51 am

Stab74 wrote:
wee drop o' bush wrote:
It wouldn't be the first time. The season 2 premier of TWD was supposed to tell the story of the zombie soldier in the tank Rick encounters at the end of the first season. This was planned from the beginning which is why a real actor, Sam Witwer, was picked to play that zombie instead of just some extra. AMC canceled the plan to save money.

What Could Have Been: Frank Darabont Speaks About His Original Walking Dead Season 2 Opener!
Sacking Darabont was a mistake by AMC, if his lawsuit wins it'll also be a costly mistake for AMC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mr. E. Monkey wrote: Wee drop is NOT a dinosaur with a mind-control hat. Wee drop is NOT a dinosaur with a mind-control hat.
airballrad wrote: All hail Wee Drop, the Angel of Quittin' Time. :D
wee drop's Sheep Farming thread

Red Tamarillo

Post by Red Tamarillo » Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:54 am

I wonder if Daniel Salazar is going to die first, as he's already a desensitised man prepared to act when necessary (though written as also useless in preparing now the outbreak has started by the soft writers, he still doesn't even have a baseball bat or kitchen knife, or any of those tools from the garage), and these kind of characters didn't occur until later in the walking dead.

His character is already a survivor/veteran. There's nowhere for him to become, for his story to arc.
Granted he's a rolemodel for the others, of what they need to become, but maybe his death will be a lesson.

MacAttack

Post by MacAttack » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:28 am

I am a little disappointed in Mr.Salazar.

He is a barber by trade. When they were all in his shop trapped why didn't he pack up the tools of his trade?
He could have carried everything he needed out in his pockets. Or at least a small bag.

Right now he could be doing a pretty good business with all the solders and civilians in the SZ.

He could have been the stories locus of information, scuttlebutt, from everyone. Passing that scuttlebutt onto Travis would give Travis more knowledge and thus power when working with the solders and other people.

He could have been the writers tool to get that extra information out to the fans, the viewers.

flybynight

Post by flybynight » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:40 am

I'm a little disappointed that they are portraying 18.55 million ( as of 2014) people getting on a bus and leaving. Where? How? Who has that many buses to transport that many people in less than nine days. What about San Diego's millions ? Santa Barbara? And if they didn't transport them where is the mega horde?

John Titor was right

raistlin
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Favorite Movie: 28 Days Later. Recent Favorite book series: The Remaining by D.J. Molles.

Post by raistlin » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:47 am

MacAttack wrote:He is a barber by trade. When they were all in his shop trapped why didn't he pack up the tools of his trade? . . . .
I didn't even think about that. If he is an old school barber with the experiences he has had, why didn't he at least bring a straight razor as a weapon? Much better than nothing (not for fighting zombies, of course). Or at least we didn't see one.
"This is really every father's dream. Watching his son launch a ballistic missile on his own position."

ineffableone
Favorite Zombie Movies: Undead, Dead Alive/Braindead, Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland, 28 days, 28 Weeks Later, I Am Legend, Resident Evil franchise, Serenity (I would call Revers pretty damn zombie), Versus, Black Sheep

Post by ineffableone » Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:14 pm

MacAttack wrote:I am a little disappointed in Mr.Salazar.

He is a barber by trade. When they were all in his shop trapped why didn't he pack up the tools of his trade?
He could have carried everything he needed out in his pockets. Or at least a small bag.
The wall was heating up due to a fire next door there was a riot outside the only exit. My guess he was a little preoccupied with keeping his family alive rather than worrying about tools of his trade.
"Once a man has seen society's black underbelly, he can never turn his back on it. Never pretend, like you do, that it doesn't exist"

"None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with ME!"

ZS Wiki ZS Acronyms

Gun Self Defense Counter

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:24 pm

LowKey wrote:
RickOShea wrote: I don't know, but it seems like there could be something nefarious going on. Maybe something like a Redeker Plan to just save a small part of humanity and to consolidate remaining resources.

L.A. appears to have been depopulated except for the 12 protected areas. Almost like they are setting-up "Arks" to save a small, controllable portion of the population.....and then we see that they are now removing the "unhealthy/unstable" ones (like Hector, Doug, Griselda, and Nick) from the program.
Or the "safe zones" are the bait in a Redeker Plan. :awesome: and the zombie horde has been occupied eating other safe zones and is slowly on it's way to Travis and Madison's neighborhood.
If so, and depending on timing both real world and TV time-line-wise, Halloween Trick-or-treating could be pretty intense this year at Travis and Madison's place.
Yeah, if you end-up being in one of the "decoy" locations......

whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

Asymetryczna
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Road

Post by Asymetryczna » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:19 pm

Man's best weapon is his mind. I'd like to think Salazar is comfortable since he knows there is a line and he knows that he can cross it. Many people cannot. I remain hopeful that most people will never have to.
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Henry David Thoreau

MacAttack

Post by MacAttack » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:15 pm

ineffableone wrote:

The wall was heating up due to a fire next door there was a riot outside the only exit. My guess he was a little preoccupied with keeping his family alive rather than worrying about tools of his trade.

The man had hours to gather together anything he wanted.
The riot gates were constantly being assaulted and near the end they looked to be finally giving way.

In fact so did the family since that also looked like their home.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=116950

Put yourself in each of the families place. You have 20 minute until the doors are broken down and everything you own is left to the tender mercies of a rioting mob. What do you grab?

Something to put stuff in like a pillow case to start.
A section of mop handle makes a nice one handed club.
Anything small and heavy stuck in the toe of a tube sock. Like the bottoms of few busted glasses, a handful of marbles or nuts and bolts, a new bar of soap, A can of soup. Hell even a bunch of ice cubes will work for a little while.
The ladies might want a few changes of cloths. Some personals.

They had more than thirty seconds.

And as for that being the only exit, I seriously doubt that since I bet California and LA businesses/building code requires at least two exits in case of fire, with some basements exempted.(I noticed that mistake as soon as he said it)

We'reWolf

Post by We'reWolf » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:31 am

MacAttack wrote:
ineffableone wrote:

The man had hours to gather together anything he wanted.
The riot gates were constantly being assaulted and near the end they looked to be finally giving way.

In fact so did the family since that also looked like their home.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=116950

Put yourself in each of the families place. You have 20 minute until the doors are broken down and everything you own is left to the tender mercies of a rioting mob. What do you grab?

Something to put stuff in like a pillow case to start.
A section of mop handle makes a nice one handed club.
Anything small and heavy stuck in the toe of a tube sock. Like the bottoms of few busted glasses, a handful of marbles or nuts and bolts, a new bar of soap, A can of soup. Hell even a bunch of ice cubes will work for a little while.
The ladies might want a few changes of cloths. Some personals.

They had more than thirty seconds.

And as for that being the only exit, I seriously doubt that since I bet California and LA businesses/building code requires at least two exits in case of fire, with some basements exempted.(I noticed that mistake as soon as he said it)
People during crisis don't tend to make logical decisions. And some buildings in LA were made before building codes were really enforced and it looked to be in an old part of the city...
My big complaint is they keep people in the dark too long for whats happening. like hey guys these people are sick and attacking you dont help them
The ringing in your ears is the sound of your own destruction.

CarolinaPeach
Favorite Zombie Movies: I was hoping it would be "World War Z" but I don't think that's going to happen. So, in order: Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, Shaun of the Dead and Zombieland...so far.

Post by CarolinaPeach » Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:34 am

One good thing is that perhaps a terrible oversight can now be corrected. Yes, I'm referring to the absence of really fat walkers in TWD and so far, in FTWD. It's always seemed strange to me that the vast majority of the walker populace are slim and trim when there are so many large people who wouldn't be able to get away fast enough. Looks like those super-sized folks would have been the first to go and the ones we see more of (that didn't come out right) on both shows.

Hmm.

Peach

MacWa77ace
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Omega Man, I Am Legend, Dawn of the Dead v1974.

Post by MacWa77ace » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:01 pm

CarolinaPeach wrote:One good thing is that perhaps a terrible oversight can now be corrected. Yes, I'm referring to the absence of really fat walkers in TWD and so far, in FTWD. It's always seemed strange to me that the vast majority of the walker populace are slim and trim when there are so many large people who wouldn't be able to get away fast enough. Looks like those super-sized folks would have been the first to go and the ones we see more of (that didn't come out right) on both shows.

Hmm.

Peach
'Cause all the fat ones were caught and completely eaten by faster lean zeds, its simple zombie darwinism and all.
Lifetime gamer watch at:
MacWa77ace YouTube Channel

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:12 pm

There has been a persistent rumor that a TWD character would make an appearance on Fear.....and no, it wasn't Carl.....

http://comicbook.com/2015/09/22/chandle ... king-dead/

If there is one, all I can figure is maybe it would be Dr. Jenner (or his wife) on a video conference with Dr. Exner, or some such. :ooh:
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

raistlin
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by raistlin » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:33 pm

I vote for seeing the Governor before he went psycho :)

LowKey
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Dead (original and remake)
Dawn of the Dead (original and remake)
Land of the Dead
Diary of the Dead
28 Days
28 Weeks
Resident Evil
Shawn of the Dead
Night of the Comet (cheese squared!)
Dead Alive (cheese cubed!!)

Post by LowKey » Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:17 pm

raistlin wrote:I vote for seeing the Governor before he went psycho :)
That would be years before the series started. Control issues like that don't pop up overnight. :awesome:
“Political tags – such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth – are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.” Robert A. Heinlein

Boondock
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Boondock » Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:37 pm

RickOShea wrote:If there is one, all I can figure is maybe it would be Dr. Jenner (or his wife) on a video conference with Dr. Exner, or some such. :ooh:
I'm leaning towards that as well.

Doctor Zed
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (remake)
28 Days Later (not strictly speaking a zombie movie)
The Walking Dead (TV)

Post by Doctor Zed » Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:51 pm

LowKey wrote:

IMO the zone that our characters are in is in fact a quarantine area where they are being studied for signs of how a possible infection might spread. My guess is that the authorities are still treating the infection as some sort of contagious disease that first makes people ill before they eventually become rabid. Having found some infected in this area, they have closed it off and are attempting to see if more of the residents fall sick. Anyone who is visibly sick/poorly is taken off to 'hospital' for 'treatment' - most likely experimentation at a science facility. Possibly Nick is also of interest because of his likely exposure to infection through his drug abuse. My guess is that at this point they have no idea that the real problem is a universal infection that re-animates anyone who dies.

Surrounding areas where the walkers 'took over' or reached a critical mass have been 'cleansed', including any unfortunate living people who might have been there. Any unaffected areas nearby have seen their inhabitants evacuated to actual safe zones (we know from TWD how safe or not, those might prove to be).
--
Who's laughing now, huh? Who's laughing now?

flybynight

Post by flybynight » Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:56 pm

In a perfect world ,we would have saw not just the story of three families . But a more broader scope of what a zombie apocalypse in L. A ( as we envision it )would be like . Malibu Barbie types fighting for their beach blanket space on the beach. Entertainment type producers not getting off the phone til they are eaten, The mechanical shark at Universal studios chomping on a zombie trying to get some little kid on the tour bus. Car loads of gang bangers doing drive by's on a mega horde with a zombified Schwarzenegger (<--- yea I pasted that ) leading the horde, throwing swat team members left and right.

John Titor was right

Return to “Zombie Training Films”