12 Monkeys (SyFy series)

Zombie and/or other Post-Apocalyptic related movies for us to study and know what not to do.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Mall Ninja

12 Monkeys (SyFy series)

Post by Mall Ninja » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:40 pm

So far, so good. The few (too few) PAW scenes felt suitably apocalyptic. The time travel bits were okay. And I admit to having a weakness for any story that references the 'Plague of Justinian'.
Maxim 24: Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a big gun.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Re: 12 Monkeys (SyFy series)

Post by RickOShea » Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:00 am

Not bad. First episode was better than I expected.
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.
Sumdood wrote:Welcome to 2020. I would list all the rules here, but there are too many and most of them are made up as we go. Just be prepared to be punished for something.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Post by Halfapint » Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:28 am

I gotta say....... For a SyFy show, this is really damn good. The acting wasn't horrible, I've already become some what attached to the main character (unlike anything in Z Nation). It seems to be following the premise of the movie pretty well. I'll continue to watch it. Though I watched it on my computer and it was REALLY choppy, kinda irratating not sure if it was my computer (which runs every stream fine) or SyFy.
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

Mall Ninja

Post by Mall Ninja » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:18 pm

Nifty little time-travel plot twist in the most recent episode. The writing on this has been pretty good, probably my only compliant is that some of the foreshadowing & resolution could be a bit more nuanced.

Minor nit (and this applies to some other post apocalyptic shows like Falling Skies). Civilization has crashed, people are killing each other over cans of dog food, and all the .mil types are wearing fresh, crisp ACUs? At least make look like they've been worn more than once.
Maxim 24: Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a big gun.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:49 pm

Mall Ninja wrote:
Minor nit (and this applies to some other post apocalyptic shows like Falling Skies). Civilization has crashed, people are killing each other over cans of dog food, and all the .mil types are wearing fresh, crisp ACUs? At least make look like they've been worn more than once.
Bigger question is where did all the soldiers get their training from.....Most of them look like they would've been 10 years old when 94% of the population was wiped-out and civilization collapsed.
Sumdood wrote:Welcome to 2020. I would list all the rules here, but there are too many and most of them are made up as we go. Just be prepared to be punished for something.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:07 pm

I watched the first one and slept right through the next couple. My younger son seems to like it a bit. He is younger teens.
You go 'round and around it
You go over and under
I go through

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:18 pm

RickOShea wrote:
Mall Ninja wrote:
Bigger question is where did all the soldiers get their training from.....Most of them look like they would've been 10 years old when 94% of the population was wiped-out and civilization collapsed.
I guess Spearhead explains that. :ooh:

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:00 pm

Well, that went kinda Omega Man there at the end. :ooh:

Return to “Zombie Training Films”