Doctor Who Season 8

Zombie and/or other Post-Apocalyptic related movies for us to study and know what not to do.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

jor-el

Doctor Who Season 8

Post by jor-el » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:06 am

A teaser.

An intro.

A scene.

My son, you will travel far, but never be alone, for I am with you, my M14 and battle axe comfort you.

jor-el

Re: Doctor Who Season 8

Post by jor-el » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:09 am

And a little something for next week.

My son, you will travel far, but never be alone, for I am with you, my M14 and battle axe comfort you.

Keith B
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead
Resident Evil 3
Did not like 28 days later

Post by Keith B » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:34 pm

I wasn't very impressed. As I posted on Facebook:

Peter Capaldi, you have failed to move me.
The asshole formerly known as Sigboy40

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.
An accident while adventuring is always an indication of incompetence-Col Townsend Whelen
thinkfree wrote:Sigboy40 is the greatest asshole I have ever had the pleasure of knowing
Sigboy Scout Belt
Outcast Prepper Blog

williaty

Post by williaty » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:43 pm

I actually found him quite entertaining. He's a very different Doctor but I think will be enjoyable. His way of being funny is CONSIDERABLY more British than Matt Smith's was, so I can see that being highly off-putting to a lot of people. I am confused as to why he made the comment about "Where's Amy when you need her?" when he was trying to get Clara to pull the sonic over with her toe. I'm not sure why Amy was supposed to be better at that.

Mall Ninja

Post by Mall Ninja » Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:28 pm

Hmm, another episode, another blah. I really feel like the writing isn't making use of Capaldi's talents.
Maxim 24: Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a big gun.

Sardauker

Post by Sardauker » Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:10 pm

williaty wrote: I'm not sure why Amy was supposed to be better at that.
longer legs :) :rofl:
Estote Parati

williaty

Post by williaty » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:52 pm

I had not noticed that Amy had particularly long legs nor Clara particularly short ones.

Confucius

Post by Confucius » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:06 pm

I'm going to give him a fair shake.
Blast wrote:Auuughhh!
I recently saw pictures of David Tennant's replacement and can't say I'm impressed. He's just a kid! Who would take some greasy-haired punk who calls himself "The Doctor" seriously? They may as well call it "The New Wesley Crusher Show".
mpi wrote:i didn't care for tennant anyway.
Wolfe4086 wrote:I stopped watching the show after Christopher E left the show. I liked him as a darker version of the Doctor.
JCgoose wrote: I'll miss David Tennant and I am not keen on what I've heard about the new guy.
Just a minute or two with the search function. People ALWAYS hate the new doctor, give him a few more episodes and I'm sure most everyone will warm to him. And if not, I'm sure we'll have a new one soon...

Keith B
Resident Evil 3
Did not like 28 days later

Post by Keith B » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:20 pm

You have no idea how happy I am to not see my name in the above list. Although I did take to the last doctor right away.
Regarding this weeks episode, I like the fact that he can be introspective enough to see his own hatred, his own darkness.
That being said, I'm still not moved.
The asshole formerly known as Sigboy40

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.
An accident while adventuring is always an indication of incompetence-Col Townsend Whelen
thinkfree wrote:Sigboy40 is the greatest asshole I have ever had the pleasure of knowing
Sigboy Scout Belt
Outcast Prepper Blog

Blacksheep

Post by Blacksheep » Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:20 am

Episode: "listen"

Good news, I like 12, he's officially now a doctor in my book... Helps that he's seems to have his shit together finally... And not out of his gourd

Bad news... MOFFET?!? The fuck man... What the fuck
That shit just isn't called for

I think blink just got replaced as "creepiest episode"
Probably won't be as fun second time around watching tho

And this is supposed to be considered child friendly in England?
I never fit in. That's my role in life, to be the outcast.

ATEi

RIP- FiftySticks

jor-el

Post by jor-el » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:39 am

Sworbeyegib
Favorite Zombie Movies: night of the living dead is what started it all for me

Post by Sworbeyegib » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:46 pm

It is always tough adapting to a new Doctor. And Matt Smith was a very tough act to follow. He may have been an exception to the rule, as I think any doubts we had of him were wiped out before his first episode was done.

So far I like Capaldi, but he has yet to WOW me.

It may also be that I was never too fond of Clara for whatever reason. I don't know why. Everything about her is fine on paper, and the actress does a fine job with her. maybe I'm just still sour about losing Amy. Actually, I'm still sour about losing Donna.

In other news.... can we just have a Madam Vastra/Jenny/Straxx spin off already???
**Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't**

azrael99
Favorite Zombie Movies: night of the living dead, 28 days later, Zombieland, World war Z (when it gonna be out)

Post by azrael99 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:23 am

i see the new doctor as more stylish and british than any recent doctor, his humor is more british and it not a bad thing

don't forget he is the oldest Dr Who fan ever saw in the show in a long time

i see it as a return to the source material kind of doctor.
"We stopped to look for monster under the bed , the day we realized that they were inside us"

Blacksheep

Post by Blacksheep » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:56 am

Sworbeyegib wrote:
In other news.... can we just have a Madam Vastra/Jenny/Straxx spin off already???
I don't know, they make decent side kicks, but I'm not sure there's enough for me to watch beyond a couple of episodes

Maybe a mini series event

Kinda a bit burned out on the honestly come to think

ATEi

RIP- FiftySticks

Confucius

Post by Confucius » Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:23 pm

Alright, so who likes him now?

One of my favorites I think, far prefer him to Matt Smith at least. I even think I like Clara better with him...

williaty

Post by williaty » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:40 pm

Actually, as the season has progressed, I've liked him less and less. I'm also sad that Clara is leaving at the end of this series.

jor-el

Post by jor-el » Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:33 pm

Well...

Haven't been posting about it as much as with Matt Smith. Season ended in about as tragic a situation as there could be.

Why did The Doctor close the door rather than see Gallifrey?

How will The Doctor fix Clara's situation?

Who would The Doctor call? At the North Pole on Christmas?

jor-el

Post by jor-el » Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:45 pm

Who did you think it would be, me?

I suppose Shaun should be showing up next, eh?

Blacksheep

Post by Blacksheep » Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:35 pm

I'm really not happy with 12

I get he's supposed to be cranky,
But he seems to lack empathy more than any other doctor
Maybe not a lack of empathy, maybe he's selfish

I don't think 9 10 or 11 would have let Clara turn on pinks inhibitor

I DID really like pink becoming te cyber leader, that felt right, and him sending the kid back
It hurt, but felt good

ATEi

RIP- FiftySticks

cauldron

Post by cauldron » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:47 am

I like the new Doctor, and I think it's going well. The first season with a new doctor is always a little off, as they try to settle in, but it always gets better.

The companions should match the doctor though, and Clara was never a fit for this one. Seemed like a divorced dad (gone for a few years) getting every other weekend, and trying to impress a petulant teenager. or something. Maybe I'm just used to seeing romantic innuendos in this series, and this season it was between Clara and P.E.

I remember watching the classic series, and the studio seems to be trying to get back to that, but isn't willing to commit to it. They seem tentative to kill a good thing, and trying not to jump the shark at the same time. Maybe this is what that looks like...

I do remember the older doctors not getting romantic with the companions. Either as a character trait, or the BBC not wanting kissing and aliens in the same show... The older doctors were more confident, and the companions more helpless, and it's nice to see things change. The new series doesn't take itself as serious as the classic, and it's been working well, and maybe this new doctor is a shift back to less goofy shit, and a more serious, (and more alien) Doctor.

I didn't like the last one, but this one I get.
Have you ever looked around at the group of people you are in and thought, "If the Zombie Apocalypse happens right now, this is what I have to work with."

SeerSavant
28 Days Later
Serenity/Firefly (Reavers, man!)

Post by SeerSavant » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:29 pm

Every new doctor has his detractors... I've been watching Doctor Who for a VERY LONG TIME....

The only Doctor that I absolutely could not stand was Colin Baker....(ahem.. long time) But even he redeemed himself with the audio dramas... He's brilliant to listen to, but I can't seem to focus my eyes around that damned coat.... ugh... and the fact he was an asshole on the level that the current Doctor wishes he could attain....

jor-el

Post by jor-el » Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:11 am

Well, we've come down a long and wierd road with Clara Oswald; she started as a mystery, "the impossible girl" which was solved by "The Name Of The Doctor", morphed into a more mature and confident version of her self to the point of her taking over the face of the intro (the first time they did that... ever) and masquerading AS The Doctor in "Death In Heaven".

Still, a lot of quirks; Danny Pink, the recklessness Clara displayed throughout Season 9. Perhaps the saving grace is her being The Impossible Girl, and that what we've been seeing this whole season is just one of her selves saving the doctor (again).

grumpyviking

Post by grumpyviking » Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:17 am

I find Dr Who is boring and amateurish, usual dramatic rubbish, not worth my time.
Survive, Adapt & Evolve .

jor-el

Post by jor-el » Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:28 am

grumpyviking wrote:I find Dr Who is boring and amateurish, usual dramatic rubbish, not worth my time.
And you have such a stimulating alternative entertainment venue for my children to pontificate and debate over.

I await this pearl of wisdom with such antici... pation.

I've always found Jenna Coleman to be pretty easy on the eyes. I'm not so sure that Maisie Williams is what I'm ready for instead of Jenna or Karen Gillan.

Return to “Zombie Training Films”