State of Emergency

Zombie and/or other Post-Apocalyptic related movies for us to study and know what not to do.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Zombie309
ZS Member
ZS Member

State of Emergency

Post by Zombie309 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:15 am

Surprisingly good zombie movie available on Netflix right now. I guess it was straight to DVD which makes it more surprising that it's not as awful as the usual D-Level/Ving Rhames movies they have on there.
Check out my book, Zombies Across the Border, in the Fiction section and let me know what you think!

Night Fox
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the dead remake, Diary of the dead

Re: State of Emergency

Post by Night Fox » Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:16 am

Yeah just found it. Looks interesting. Will defiantly watch it later when daughters in bed sleeping

CountryJim

Post by CountryJim » Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:03 pm

I watched it the other day, not a bad flick.

Stay safe.

JohnnyMayhem

Post by JohnnyMayhem » Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:30 pm

I'm not a big runner/rabies zombie kind of fan, but I enjoyed the movie.
Art Vs Mayhem
www.johnnymayhem.com

Glennbo
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (2004), Return of the Living Dead, Night of the Living Dead.

Post by Glennbo » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:06 am

I found the "zombies" that just stood still to be creepier than the running ones!
"There are a lot of things I've been blamed for that I never did. But then there are a lot of things I did and never got caught at." ---Johnny Cash---

yummbrains
Favorite Zombie Movies: Colin, Dawn of the Dead

Post by yummbrains » Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:56 pm

This was the first zombie movie that has ever had me thinking about me instead of the zombies. You could have replaced the zombies with any other kind of menace and still had the same movie. I was left wondering if I would have made the same decisions or picked up on the same dangers as they did in the movie. Seriously it was great.

carolinafan
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead, 28 Days Later, Resident Evil, Zombieland

Post by carolinafan » Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:38 pm

It was better than most of the other zombie movies I've found on Netflix. The zombies that just stood there did kind of unnerve me a little bit too.

Qui non est hodie cras minus aptus erit(he who is not prepared today will be less so tomorrow)-Ovid

DFWMTX
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by DFWMTX » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:42 am

Yeah, it definitely had points for the creepy factor. But if you're hoping for hordes of zombies to be shot/hack & slashed through you're going to be disappointed.
Good production values, but kinda underwhelming and slow-paced. It took me about three periods of viewing to watch the whole thing.
It can always get worse.

Kelvar
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead (1968), Dawn of the Dead (2004), Shaun of the Dead, Zombieland

Post by Kelvar » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:48 am

Definitely slower paced, but it worked. It did a great job of making it seem like a real long-term situation. I really enjoyed this one and I'd put it in my top 10 best zombie movies ever.

As for the lack of action, hacking and shooting zombies, I've yet to see a movie that featured enough of that to satisfy me. The closest I can think of was the 2004 remake of Dawn of the Dead, but even they didn't do a lot of shooting and they didn't have any particularly modern guns--it was mostly handguns and pump shotguns, for some reason.

But, yeah, State of Emergency is well worth watching for fans of the genre.
Failure to plan means planning to fail.
JamesCannon wrote:I was more mad that it was closed down, because I loved the dish that was apparently rat meat.
Meat N' Taters wrote:Death rays, advanced technology or not, no creature wants to be stabbed in their hoo-hoo.
Pig wrote:How dare you try to bribe me with amenities like anime, Annie Mae, my sea anemone enemy!?

Return to “Zombie Training Films”