Life after Death: A Story of Survival 12/20/2011 UPDATE

Zombie or Post Apocalyptic themed fiction/stories.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

phoenixmastm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (both versions), Land of the Dead, Undead, 28 weeks later.

Re: Life after Death: A Story of Survival

Post by phoenixmastm » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:26 am

Moar? You haven't called or pm'd me with anything so now I'm a member of the Moar Horde. HURRY UP AND POST WOUDJA?!
Up onto the overturned keel
Clamber, with a heart of steel
Cold is the ocean spray
And your death is on it's way
With maidens you've had your way
EACH MUST DIE SOME DAY

- Viking battle chant

Mr. E. Monkey

Post by Mr. E. Monkey » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:23 pm

phoenixmastm wrote:Moar? You haven't called or pm'd me with anything so now I'm a member of the Moar Horde. HURRY UP AND POST WOUDJA?!
:lol: That is outstanding.
SMoAF wrote:'Tis better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness.
Beowolf wrote:Disasters are terrifying, but people are stupid.
wee drop o' bush wrote:THE EVIL MONKEY HAS WON THE INTERNETS! :lol: Image

panch0

Post by panch0 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:56 pm

I have been reading this story since saturday. I just caught up and realized that now I got to wait!! Noooooooooo. I need MOAR now myself. My hats off to you gentlemen, this is a great story and you are very talented. I can't wait for the next installment. Thanks for taking the time to provide this reading material. I can actually picture everything in my head.
"Tango Mike Mike"

Shoe Daddy
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (both), Land of the Dead, 28 Days and 28 Weeks later, etc.

Post by Shoe Daddy » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:45 am

Working on it. I knocked the tv tray with my laptop on it over and broke the screen. Trying to type the update from memory with no character list, notes, or timelines. Phoenix, I'm on 3rd shift now, when would be a good time to call? I work 10-6. Also, are you coming down sometime this year?
I am 1911, Cake, Mosin-Nagant, AK/AR neutral

Read my ZPAW story, Life after Death here: http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 28&t=38181

Thorgrimr
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead, Shaun of the dead, 28 days later, 28 Weeks later, Resident Evil (all three), not sure I've seen a Zombie movie I didn't like. That has changed, Gangs of the Dead was...ACK

Post by Thorgrimr » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:09 am

just so you know there are those of us still out here lurking that want MOAR too....what happened to the up-date on ammo and such from the top of page 23?
Thorgrimr

-Sometimes good people must do bad things to bad people so bad people don't do bad things to good people-

phoenixmastm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (both versions), Land of the Dead, Undead, 28 weeks later.

Post by phoenixmastm » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:16 pm

Shoe Daddy wrote:Working on it. I knocked the tv tray with my laptop on it over and broke the screen. Trying to type the update from memory with no character list, notes, or timelines. Phoenix, I'm on 3rd shift now, when would be a good time to call? I work 10-6. Also, are you coming down sometime this year?
That depends, when are you inviting me to go camping? You said sometime this fall, and I never got a call about a date. :(

Also, anytime during the day between 8am - 9pm would be a good time, provided you are still awake.
Cold is the ocean spray
EACH MUST DIE SOME DAY

- Viking battle chant

kolga
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, Zombieland, Return of the Living Dead

Post by kolga » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:53 pm

Found this site thanks to EvilTOJ, and have been immersed in MJotZY, and this, for the past several weeks.

Just got to the end of this, and feel myself slipping....into.......darkness......

zombie mode on

moarmoarmoar

walterde
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead, Black Hawk Down and Interstellar

Post by walterde » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:47 pm

??¿??¿??¿??¿??¿??
I gotta go to class.

phoenixmastm

Post by phoenixmastm » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:32 pm

walterde wrote:??¿??¿??¿??¿??¿??
He hasn't responded to any of my PM's and I'm still without a cellphone. I have no idea what's going on either, so far as I know it's not dead yet, but I'm waiting for his update before I try anything else.
Cold is the ocean spray
EACH MUST DIE SOME DAY

- Viking battle chant

Bearcat

Post by Bearcat » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:45 pm

phoenixmastm wrote:
He hasn't responded to any of my PM's and I'm still without a cellphone. I have no idea what's going on either, so far as I know it's not dead yet, but I'm waiting for his update before I try anything else.
Drive over and see if the zombies got him.

phoenixmastm

Post by phoenixmastm » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:18 am

Bearcat wrote:
phoenixmastm wrote:

That is a six hour drive down to see him and I don't have the gas money, let alone the time to do so. Plus, if I was gonna visit, I'd set aside a long weekend so we could go shoot the hell out of his backyard. :)
Cold is the ocean spray
EACH MUST DIE SOME DAY

- Viking battle chant

Bearcat

Post by Bearcat » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:07 pm

phoenixmastm wrote:
Bearcat wrote:
phoenixmastm wrote:

That is a six hour drive down to see him and I don't have the gas money, let alone the time to do so. Plus, if I was gonna visit, I'd set aside a long weekend so we could go shoot the hell out of his backyard. :)
Road trip!

Gun Rock

Post by Gun Rock » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:58 am

*looks left, looks right creepy feeling kicks in* Hello is anyone here :( moar please
The only thing X about a Marine is his wife!!
Braxton wrote:And please know that even though you took it apart while drunk, and used a nail to fix it. You still did better than Taurus customer service would have.

phoenixmastm

Post by phoenixmastm » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:42 pm

Gun Rock wrote:*looks left, looks right creepy feeling kicks in* Hello is anyone here :( moar please
He promised me moar, he just doesn't know when he can deliver. His laptop that he was working from crashed and he's trying to rewrite it from what was recovered.

He's also got a lot on his plate as far as work and other such. We'll call this a hiatus but it's not done yet.
Cold is the ocean spray
EACH MUST DIE SOME DAY

- Viking battle chant

Tperkins
I was attacked by a honey badger
I was attacked by a honey badger

Post by Tperkins » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:45 pm

I never knew a Moar zombie could starve to death... must...get...more...story.... :lol:
"A Leader Is A Man That Can Adapt Principles To Circumstances." -Patton
My Kifaru BOB
My Dodge BOV
My Trauma Bag

Shoe Daddy
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (both), Land of the Dead, 28 Days and 28 Weeks later, etc.

Post by Shoe Daddy » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:19 pm

I had my M9 pistol out in front of me, but yet I felt extremely unarmed. Brian had successfully dropped me off within about 200 yards of an all-out brawl between the Dragons and Militia. It was a clusterfuck, plain and simple. The Militia had stopped and regrouped next to a small rural store on Route 153 to evidently loot it; too bad I had already picked it clean of anything useful the first week of the outbreak. The Dragons had come up the road heading North, probably looking for us, and ran head first into an advance scout team of the Militia. The battle was well under way by the time I had began observing so it was difficult to tell who pulled the first punch, but it was impossible to tell who was winning. The Dragons had lost half their strength due to the superior firepower they faced, but made up for it in sheer numbers; easily forty of them crouched behind anything they could, cars, an abandoned tractor, several small buildings the power company used to store supplies, and some were even taking cover in the ditch and returning fire from cover. The Militia had only their vehicles to hide behind and the thin siding of the market for cover, but the sides seemed balanced. Only six of the ten Militia that I could see were able to fight due to various injuries and a small, stocky man was running between positions with a small pack strapped to his waist digging through it.

I shrugged off my day pack; I had taken to carrying two different packs depending on the occasion now, and pulled my binoculars from the olive drab bag. The battle was now much closer: The man running around on the Militia side was a medic, the bright red cross was stained with dried blood and all but one combatant was wounded in some way, shape, or form. Two of the downed men were dead or close to it, one was trying his best to contain his intestines within his body and failing while the other was slowly crawling to the man with intestinal problems. At first I thought he was trying to help his comrade, but soon I saw the real purpose of the slow and grisly travel; the crawler had several rather large blood stains on his field jacket and was dragging his almost severed left leg with reckless abandon and clamped his teeth around the poor bastard on the ground, ripping out a large chunk of flesh. Thankfully I could not see all of the gory details. The other two men were severely injured, but could still move under their own power and were attempting to haul themselves into the 3-ton truck parked on the North side of the building out of harm’s way. The firing had died down some as both sides searched for an exposed arm or leg to exploit only to fail to notice the minor horde of zombies approaching from the western tree line, moving up the road. I took a quick stock of the Dragons and noticed that they were gathering up their wounded, as well as their fallen weapons, intent on leaving the dead.

“Huh. Maybe they aren’t as stupid as we give them credit for…” I said to myself. It made perfect sense to leave the dead due to room limitations and with the risk of infection so damn high. The fact that no one in out group had been bitten yet was a miracle. The sound of a heavy machine gun snapped my attention back to the situation at hand: the Militia had finally spotted the horde moving fairly quickly toward them and panic fired into the crowd only dropping two or three with the burst. Ironically the .50 BMG was no longer the highly effective “shock value” weapon it was just several months ago, it was now a moderately effective long-range pop gun since the heavy slugs passed through bone and tissue without doing any damage. I sighed long and loud as the Dragons dumped even more rounds onto the Militia, taking down the gunner on the .50, leaving him slumped over the weapon as it swung left and pointed to the sky. The militia decided to cut their losses and run; several ran past both reanimated corpses without even noticing and dove into the bed of their covered truck while the next unfortunate asshole tried to pull the “wounded” to the truck, getting bit in the process. Pulling away his hand clearly showed the blood pouring from the gash on his arm, earning him a look of remorse from his friends as they gunned him and the two crawling zombies down. The last man ran past the newly made corpses and pulled himself behind the wheel of the 3-ton, turning the key and doing his best to shove his foot through the firewall, throwing gravel and asphalt chips at the rapidly approaching horde and leaving them on the road.

The Dragons had finally noticed the horde and were firing with absolutely no sense. No aimed shots, no combined fire, just spray and pray on full auto while backing up to their only vehicles that ran; a Ford long-bed pickup and two sedans covered with the signature gang signs of the Dragons. Twelve people piled into the sedans and tore down the highway heading South, while the remaining jackasses took the cold way home in the bed of the truck. Now it was just me and the zombies.

I began to breathe normally again and quickly pulled myself off the cold earth. Our best guess at a date was November 28th and the high temps were barely reaching out of the 30’s. My heavy Carhartt jacked had kept me fairly warm, but my jeans did little to insulate my legs which were on the verge of numb. I rolled to my feet and bend down to grab my pack and the water bottles it held. We had been using chlorine tablets to treat the water we put in bottles even after we had boiled it, and it did nothing to aid in the drinkability of the water, until Sarah had come up with the idea of using the Crystal Light lemonade packets to cut the horrid taste; sure it wasn’t great but it did do a lot to make keeping hydrated easier. I finished half of the chlorine-flavored lemonade and shoved the stainless steel bottle back into my pack, slung it over my shoulder, and set off quietly and as quickly as I could manage to the now empty battlefield.

I took my time, using cover where I could and trying to keep low both to keep out of sight of the zombies and in the off-chance one of the combatants was still alive. It took over 5 minutes for me to reach the first of the militia’s vehicles only to find the windows blacked out, but the doors wide open. Several wooden boxes grabbed my attention so I flipped the first lid open and was rewarded with the sight of O.D. green ammo cans. I holstered my M9 and pulled one free, greeted with the bright yellow lettering of ”840 CRTG 5.56MM BALL M855” and stopped to count the number of cans in the crate; five plus the one in my arms counted up for a hair over 5000 rounds of ammo for the AR-15’s and the last remaining M4 in our possession. Replacing the can and closing the lid allowed me to see the two remaining boxes in the back seat. I could barely control my glee as I pulled myself into the HMMWV and tore open the lid on the next closest crate; “1000 CRTG 9MM BALL M882” greeted me on the next can, so I set it to the side and popped the lid off and began to top off the magazines for my M9. After filling the two empty magazines I replaced the can and set about opening the last crate, this one had a latch with no lock; inside was a mix-and-match picture gone wrong, the whole crate was filled with different kinds of ammunition in factory boxes and loose in Ziploc baggies. Shotgun shells were also loose and added to the confetti look of the crate while a white layer underneath provided a nice contrast, I closed the lid and shook my head when I realized that the boxes were pine and had no cardboard base so I scooted back to my place next to the last box and began pulling out the assorted ammo. Indeed there was a white layer of cardboard and definitely something underneath it that was supposed to be hidden. Eventually I pulled the cardboard up and was greeted with the sight of black bricks covered in more military yellow writing except this time it said “Charge, Demolition, M112, C-4”, but before I could enjoy my find a pair of hands slammed against the side of the HMMWV and scared the absolute shit out of me. I rolled to my side and attempted to draw my M9 only to have it knock the wind out of me when I landed on it with my rib. I recovered myself enough to free the weapon and drag myself out of the vehicle where I landed flat on my ass, staring at the sky when a zombie ruined my view earning a 9mm round to the forehead for its troubles. I staggered to my feet and started to dust myself off when I noticed that I was becoming engulfed in the undead, apparently they noticed me when I crawled into the HMMWV and came after me as a meal. I did the only thing I could…..I ran.

End Part 1

Read my ZPAW story, Life after Death here: http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 28&t=38181

Bearcat

Re: Life after Death: A Story of Survival 12/8/10 UPDATE

Post by Bearcat » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:17 pm

Holy shit, this story is alive!

cowboyfromhel86

Post by cowboyfromhel86 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:10 am

I need moar!!!
CitizenZ wrote:After seeing what she did with a spoon, I can only imagine what she could do with that machete.
Cpt. MelonBuster wrote: Glocks never killed no Nazis. :D
AR15: Pray (it works) and spray
AK47: Spray and pray(you hit something)
Mosin-Nagant: The hammer of God

phoenixmastm

Post by phoenixmastm » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:07 am

Forgive us, there is a breakdown of communication. First, I have no cell phone (and won't be getting a new one anytime soon unfortunately) and Shoe works a lot.

Though he really needs to call me on occasion, he has my damn house number.
Cold is the ocean spray
EACH MUST DIE SOME DAY

- Viking battle chant

BearBait
Favorite Zombie Movies: Evil Dead

Post by BearBait » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:31 pm

Good story, I am enjoying it very much! Any pictures of Sarah or the other girls? :D
"Shop Smart, Shop S-Mart"

phoenixmastm

Post by phoenixmastm » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:59 pm

BearBait wrote:Good story, I am enjoying it very much! Any pictures of Sarah or the other girls? :D
Sarah is the only one who really exists, the others are pretty much made up. And as far as pictures, I don't think that's gonna happen.

However, we could get you guys some pictures of the bunker and a couple other places mentioned, Sparta Wal-Mart for instance.
Cold is the ocean spray
EACH MUST DIE SOME DAY

- Viking battle chant

Bearcat

Post by Bearcat » Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:36 pm

The bunker would be cool.

Shoe Daddy

Post by Shoe Daddy » Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:15 pm

I could do pictures of the bunker. Also I have begun working on the next update and will have it up before the new year.

Shoe Daddy

Post by Shoe Daddy » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:41 pm

Ok so I lied. Couldn't get pics of the bunker but im trying to post a google maps link for the bunker. Not going well on my droid. I will be working on an update today so hopefully it will be posted before I go to work tonight.

Return to “Fiction”