Mom's Journal of the Zombie Years

Zombie or Post Apocalyptic themed fiction/stories.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

skarface
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead, Shaun of the Dead, 28 Days Later, 28 Weeks Later.

Re: Mom's Journal of the Zombie Years

Post by skarface » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:43 am

amber5499 wrote:Yeah!!! I can officially be a moar zombie now! :) Looking forward to the new stuff!
+1

So exciting!
TheLastRifleMan wrote:Thank you and thank you, blessed work van! Nothing but premium fuel for you, damn what the boss says! And a wash once a week!
Mysty wrote:I do pity sissy as she has been out there a long time with that gaping hole in her leg, but until 'chocolate' tastes good again, I think Sissy's gonna be waiting a bit lol.

DAVE KI
Favorite Zombie Movies: WWZ though nowhere as good as the book.

Post by DAVE KI » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:13 pm

bonanacrom wrote:The moaning and crying has amused me much.
Alright,that means the whole show has been worth it. :lol:
"We'll Fight Them, Sir!, Until Hell Freezes Over, And Then We'll Fight Them On The Ice! Sir!

Bearcat
Favorite Zombie Movies: Do I have to choose?

Post by Bearcat » Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:39 pm

Kathy in FL wrote:Hi y'all. Look, what I'm trying really hard to do is get back in touch with the characters ... their voices, personalities, motivations, etc. The story just short-circuited for me and every time I've tried to pick it back up the "voices" of the bits I write just have not sounded right. I'm hoping that by editing the "months" and getting them posted will help me put everything back together in my head.

Thanks for your patience and understanding. Trust me, my frustration matches yours.
OMG YOU ARE STILL HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My hope was waning. I can live with and understand your block to the story, but I thought you had abandoned it completely.
Meat N' Taters wrote:Death rays, advanced technology or not, no creature wants to be stabbed in their hoo-hoo.
Jvandenhaus wrote:Zombie squad: If you aren't one of us, you wish you were.

Kathy in FL

Post by Kathy in FL » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:55 pm

Bearcat wrote:
Kathy in FL wrote:Hi y'all. Look, what I'm trying really hard to do is get back in touch with the characters ... their voices, personalities, motivations, etc. The story just short-circuited for me and every time I've tried to pick it back up the "voices" of the bits I write just have not sounded right. I'm hoping that by editing the "months" and getting them posted will help me put everything back together in my head.

Thanks for your patience and understanding. Trust me, my frustration matches yours.
OMG YOU ARE STILL HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My hope was waning. I can live with and understand your block to the story, but I thought you had abandoned it completely.
Sure I'm still here. I made a promise that one day the story would be finished ... I just had no idea how long it would take me to fulfill that promise. Still don't. But I've never just buried the story and walked away.

skarface
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead, Shaun of the Dead, 28 Days Later, 28 Weeks Later.

Post by skarface » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:53 pm

Kathy in FL wrote:Sure I'm still here. I made a promise that one day the story would be finished ... I just had no idea how long it would take me to fulfill that promise. Still don't. But I've never just buried the story and walked away.
Well that's great to hear. Your other stories are really good, too, Kathy.
TheLastRifleMan wrote:Thank you and thank you, blessed work van! Nothing but premium fuel for you, damn what the boss says! And a wash once a week!
Mysty wrote:I do pity sissy as she has been out there a long time with that gaping hole in her leg, but until 'chocolate' tastes good again, I think Sissy's gonna be waiting a bit lol.

LowKey
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Dead (original and remake)
Dawn of the Dead (original and remake)
Land of the Dead
Diary of the Dead
28 Days
28 Weeks
Resident Evil
Shawn of the Dead
Night of the Comet (cheese squared!)
Dead Alive (cheese cubed!!)

Post by LowKey » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:43 pm

Never doubted Mama Hen.
Did worry about SIssy a bit though, last we left her the description she was giving made me think she might ahve hit her head and been imagining some things.
“Political tags – such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth – are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.” Robert A. Heinlein

curt48mauser

Post by curt48mauser » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:33 pm

Thanks for the update Kathy, looking forward to the next installment.

emilysometimes

Post by emilysometimes » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:27 am

Oh, Kathy, you have no idea how happy this makes me. My husband bought me a new laptop yesterday (mine was seven years old) so I went to your blogspot site to bookmark it and LO AND BEHOLD- new stuff! It's like Christmas in September. Thank you and bless you!
"We don't even know how strong we are until we are forced to bring that hidden strength forward. In times of tragedy, of war, of necessity, people do amazing things. The human capacity for survival and renewal is awesome."
Isabel Allende

"Let us not look back in anger, nor forward in fear, but around in awareness."
-James Thurber

Tinderbox

Post by Tinderbox » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:56 am

Just to chime in, Kathy, I hope you know how much MJOTZY has entertained and influenced your readers. :clap: It's also given some of us the courage to take the mighty jump into writing out stories of our own. Thanks.
"...the Dog returns to his Vomit and the Sow returns to her Mire,
And the burnt Fool's bandaged finger goes wabbling back to the Fire..."

Kathy in FL

Post by Kathy in FL » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:35 pm

Just a quick note. I've had a family emergency and right now I'm playing caretaker. My SIL is already very ill with kidney failure. My brother is pretty sick right now with something close enough to pneumonia as makes no difference. Well Friday my SIL is having a serious emergency surgery - related to her potential to qualify for a transplant which she is already matched for. My brother won't be able to take care of her so she is coming here for a few days at least and I've been prepping for that. This is going take up my time for some period of time. I'll post to my blog as I can but I need to take care of my family. Thanks for understanding and positive thoughts and prayers from those so incline.

amber5499

Post by amber5499 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:53 am

Prayers sent for you and your family . I know taking care of family can be rough, pace yourself! ;)

ZombieGranny
Favorite Zombie Movies: eh - heck with it, I'm not leaving - I like it here, and the regular folks like me being here.

Post by ZombieGranny » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:03 pm

Incense lit, Kathy.
In my day, we didn't have virtual reality.
If a one-eyed razorback barbarian warrior was chasing you with an ax, you just had to hope you could outrun him.
-
Preps buy us time. Time to learn how and time to remember how. Time to figure out what is a want, what is a need.

DAVE KI
Favorite Zombie Movies: WWZ though nowhere as good as the book.

Post by DAVE KI » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:56 pm

ZombieGranny wrote:Incense lit, Kathy.
Dammit ZG I liked your other avatar. But this one is kinda cool though. Eat on.
"We'll Fight Them, Sir!, Until Hell Freezes Over, And Then We'll Fight Them On The Ice! Sir!

Bearcat
Favorite Zombie Movies: Do I have to choose?

Post by Bearcat » Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:27 am

Hope your family is ok Kathy. Best wishes to them.
Meat N' Taters wrote:Death rays, advanced technology or not, no creature wants to be stabbed in their hoo-hoo.
Jvandenhaus wrote:Zombie squad: If you aren't one of us, you wish you were.

amber5499

Post by amber5499 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:39 am

Hope the surgery went well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SyLord
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Walking Dead

Post by SyLord » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:19 am

Its glad to see you back, and prayers for the family.
I know how it can be to take care of sick family, and we all hope all goes well!

Hope to see you back writing more stories to when things get back to normal.
Its been a long time, and I need a fix!

Does anyone have her story to date in a PDF or downloadable format so I can read it when I am sitting someplace without internet?

Thanks!
SyLord

ZombieGranny
Favorite Zombie Movies: eh - heck with it, I'm not leaving - I like it here, and the regular folks like me being here.

Post by ZombieGranny » Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:35 pm

Plenty for all...
we baked 5 dozen Layered Brownies (brownie layer, caramel, chopped nuts, chocolate chips, brownie layer), 6 dozen shortbread flowers with jam centers, and I-lost-track-of-the-number gluten-free peanut butter cookies.

Fresh coffee and hot tea as well.
Enjoy while you wait.
In my day, we didn't have virtual reality.
If a one-eyed razorback barbarian warrior was chasing you with an ax, you just had to hope you could outrun him.
-
Preps buy us time. Time to learn how and time to remember how. Time to figure out what is a want, what is a need.

emilysometimes

Post by emilysometimes » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:17 pm

Praying for you and your family, Kathy!
"We don't even know how strong we are until we are forced to bring that hidden strength forward. In times of tragedy, of war, of necessity, people do amazing things. The human capacity for survival and renewal is awesome."
Isabel Allende

"Let us not look back in anger, nor forward in fear, but around in awareness."
-James Thurber

zombiepreparation

Post by zombiepreparation » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:27 pm

91Eunozs wrote:Y'all did notice there are new (!) MJOTZY entries, right?!?! :clap:

starting here: http://mjoyzy.blogspot.com/2014/08/marc ... art-1.html
WHAT?!! Going there right now!

zombiepreparation

Post by zombiepreparation » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:42 pm

SCBrian wrote:
Spazzy wrote:There hasn't been a single update in this for over two and a half years, and zero indication the author has even been back to this forum since Jan 13, 2012, why are people still asking for more here?

Let it die for crying out loud...
Last visited:
Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:01 am

Like the shambling dead, we wait... hopeful for moar. Until then, ZombieGranny feeds us...
:awesome:
Yep!!! Also, for me at least, it's is nice to hear other voices loving this hugely long awesome story like I do. It is comforting in a way. :) So, I don't know, it's like we're holding hope... together.

See, this story, especially the first half in 'my' case, gave my my first clues of how a world wide pandemic THAT COULD EFFECT ME, forget the story, could sneak up on me... well everyone. And how to stay ahead of the game to prepare for and 'listen' for those rustlings of information that will be there.

Seriously, listening to Sissy describe every-single-thing-clue-news-Internet... utility services outages, keeping as far ahead of the game withing a city... Kathy's story is valuable far more than its awesome entertainment.

And the Moar people who keep checking back in, I don't know, we share on our own levels the experience of something that was almost epic if I'm using the word right.

I'd long ago moved on to 'what will be will be' and though I do 'hope' I come back here to smile with those who 'understand' and have experienced this amazing story too.

zombiepreparation

Post by zombiepreparation » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:44 pm

BreAnna wrote:
91Eunozs wrote:Y'all did notice there are new (!) MJOTZY entries, right?!?! :clap:

starting here: http://mjoyzy.blogspot.com/2014/08/marc ... art-1.html
They aren't new :( Just what she's edited and loaded so far.
She has promised to try and add more by next week but they will probably also just be further edited chapters that we've already read :cry:
Oh, okay. (it was exciting for a minute though :) )

zombiepreparation

Post by zombiepreparation » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:47 pm

ZombieGranny wrote:Not to worry Mama Hen.
We understand some of the real life problems you've been having.

Been keeping them fed a bit while they've been waiting.
Chocolate chip cookies, oatmeal raisin cookies & brownies this week.
Yes you have, thank you very much.

zombiepreparation

Post by zombiepreparation » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:01 pm

Heyyyy... Kathy stopped by!!! :clap: (it was just nice to see her avatar again here)
But, ohhh, I am sincerely sorry to hear about your family. My heartfelt virtual vibes and good wishes are all I can offer, but I offer them to you all the same.
If you read this, K, please know I'm forever grateful for everything you have given me with MJofZY. Which is a lot, by the way. And I hope you and your family see better days soon.

zombiepreparation

Post by zombiepreparation » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:09 pm

I have been away for quite a few months with all the Life and stuff that keeps on a'rollin. :lol:

You're not gonna believe it but I've just come back for a refresher course from Sissy because Ebola has just flown in to my own part of the world and she foretells of this kind of thing. I am beginning to get anxious because of the way it slipped by the prevention measures in place, just like Sissy talks about. And I know nobody acted from malice in the mistakes made. Human error simply IS. So now I'm feeling the need to go through my Sissy handbook again... you know, just in case. :)

Return to “Fiction”