Mom's Journal of the Zombie Years

Zombie or Post Apocalyptic themed fiction/stories.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Scorpion
Favorite Zombie Movies: shawn of the dead, land of the dead, dawn of the dead.

Re: Mom's Journal of the Zombie Years

Post by Scorpion » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:55 pm

So happy the story is alive again(not that it was ever dead). Although reading the pie vs. cake thread is entertaining if nothing else.
Thank you Kathy.
http://www.trukz.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Truckers hate zombies - You don't hate Zombies unless you play Trukz.
Come Join you Fellow ZS'ers on Trukz.com

A Life? Cool! Where can I download one of those from?

jaybird
Favorite Zombie Movies: the entire Dead' series

Post by jaybird » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:23 am

(Continues to await Mother Hen's return and hopes her family is doing okay)
" Memory is like a knife. It can hurt you."-Lady Murasaki, Hannibal Rising

" Civility must be rewarded...or else there's no use for it. There's no use for it, at all...."- Dr. Logan, DOTD

ZombieGranny
Favorite Zombie Movies: eh - heck with it, I'm not leaving - I like it here, and the regular folks like me being here.

Post by ZombieGranny » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:52 am

I wonder if our leader is preparing a Halloween surprise for us?
It's coming very soon...
(NOT my cake.)
http://www.doitmyself.org/2003/08/zombie-cake.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In my day, we didn't have virtual reality.
If a one-eyed razorback barbarian warrior was chasing you with an ax, you just had to hope you could outrun him.
-
Preps buy us time. Time to learn how and time to remember how. Time to figure out what is a want, what is a need.

memzh65

Post by memzh65 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:37 am

Kathy,

Keep up the story, it is a great read.

TastingAshes
Favorite Zombie Movies: All Romero's, mostly independant-style videos but the bigger movies have merit!

Post by TastingAshes » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:31 pm

puker wrote:Its over , isn't it? Every day I check, and every day there is no Moar. Now the other stories that I follow on this forum (Shift, Dark Days and Slow Burn) have really slowed down as well. Its almost like the people spending their time creating such good stuff have lives of their own and dont exist purely for my entertainment. :shock:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
This is such a huge compliment (to be thrown in with those two awesome stories!) I am now going to finish another chapter tonight just for you good sir!
And mentioned under MH's heading WoW 8)
ego..won't fit...through bathroom...door..

Rhodes

Post by Rhodes » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:59 pm

It sounds like the poor woman has enough on her plate without this so try back in a few months maybe things will have taken a turn for the better. Thanks for a great story it was and perhaps will be enjoyed greatly. God Bless
Generic non-offensive sig

Greg Focker

Post by Greg Focker » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:11 am

I am now at the end of the story so far, and have become a MOAR zombie like the rest of you.

Damn it.

They do not preach that their God will rouse them a little before the nuts work loose,
They do not teach that His Pity allows them to drop their job when they damn-well choose.
-The Sons of Martha; R. Kipling

Raydarkhorse

Post by Raydarkhorse » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:27 am

Greg Focker wrote:I am now at the end of the story so far, and have become a MOAR zombie like the rest of you.
Damn it.
Do yourself a favor ease yourself into a corner and begin to bang your head against the wall* This will make the final conversion process mush easier, and will only make the with drawal symptoms like some one setting you on fire and dowsing you with gasoline.

warning this will eventually result in the destruction of the building you are banging your head against!

jaybird

Post by jaybird » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:22 pm

Raydarkhorse wrote:
Greg Focker wrote:I am now at the end of the story so far, and have become a MOAR zombie like the rest of you.
Damn it.
Do yourself a favor ease yourself into a corner and begin to bang your head against the wall* This will make the final conversion process mush easier, and will only make the with drawal symptoms like some one setting you on fire and dowsing you with gasoline.

warning this will eventually result in the destruction of the building you are banging your head against!
Protip: Get a helmet. Straitjacket, optional.

" Civility must be rewarded...or else there's no use for it. There's no use for it, at all...."- Dr. Logan, DOTD

Raydarkhorse

Post by Raydarkhorse » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:40 pm

jaybird wrote:
Raydarkhorse wrote:
Damn it.

I gave up on helmets after I wore out so many.

jaybird

Post by jaybird » Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:44 am

Raydarkhorse wrote:
jaybird wrote:
Raydarkhorse wrote:
Damn it.

I gave up on helmets after I wore out so many.
(sigh) it happens :( .

skarface
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead, Shaun of the Dead, 28 Days Later, 28 Weeks Later.

Post by skarface » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:25 am

Moar? Please?

Also, hope things are going better, Kathy.
TheLastRifleMan wrote:Thank you and thank you, blessed work van! Nothing but premium fuel for you, damn what the boss says! And a wash once a week!
Mysty wrote:I do pity sissy as she has been out there a long time with that gaping hole in her leg, but until 'chocolate' tastes good again, I think Sissy's gonna be waiting a bit lol.

Mysty

Post by Mysty » Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:57 am

Pantates for bwefast pweeze mudder Hen?

ZombieGranny
Favorite Zombie Movies: eh - heck with it, I'm not leaving - I like it here, and the regular folks like me being here.

Post by ZombieGranny » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:55 am

It's getting a bit chilly today, so we're starting the hot breakfasts for the season...
Pancakes, Denver-scrambled eggs, sausage, choice of juices, and blueberry sauce. Anyone hungry?
Image Must go stir that sauce.
(This recipe, with adjustments by me http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/blueberry ... etail.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; )
In my day, we didn't have virtual reality.
If a one-eyed razorback barbarian warrior was chasing you with an ax, you just had to hope you could outrun him.
-
Preps buy us time. Time to learn how and time to remember how. Time to figure out what is a want, what is a need.

Scorpion

Post by Scorpion » Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:09 pm

to Kill time, I decided to read this entire thing all over again. its just that good. Like your favorite book, you can read it multiple times. Same with this story.

Off to the beginning. already up to day 20. David spending the night for the first time :-)

puker
Favorite Zombie Movies: DOTD, Shaun of the Dead, DOTD 04, NOTLD

Post by puker » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:42 pm

Why? Why? Why do I keep checking back for updates when I know there won't be any moar?
TravisM.1 wrote:You know, sometimes I question if I'm really doing things right.
Am I doing right by my kids? Am I being a responsible adult? Would I be ashamed if my grandmother saw me doing this?
Then, a guy gets caught jackhammering a horse for the second time in two years, and I realize-
I'm doing alright.

Scorpion

Post by Scorpion » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:50 am

puker wrote:Why? Why? Why do I keep checking back for updates when I know there won't be any moar?
Kathy is a busy Lady, give her time, you know updates will happen. Just be happy that this story is so great and you want more of it. I think its worth waiting.
(update - up to day 27 - since I started reading it all over again, yay...)

MarylandFisherman

Post by MarylandFisherman » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:44 pm

Sissy can only be played by Holly Hunter....

And I am in love with ANY woman who ends her post with "fuckers"...

Hi Beth :mrgreen:

Oh yeah....MOAR
Damn, and my wife tells me I am paranoid....

kaijafon

Post by kaijafon » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:44 pm

so I've been thinking on this lack of MOAR and have come to the conclusion that we must recruit the innocent to come read this story! I've posted the link on my blog and have now insidiously have inserted it at myspace -the religion forum no less...

mwwwaaahahahahahahaha

I figure the more we hook on this story, the more MOAR zombies we get, and thus the MOAR begging we can produce!

so MOAR please!!!

Braxton
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: I love them all.

Post by Braxton » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:03 pm

kaijafon wrote:so I've been thinking on this lack of MOAR and have come to the conclusion that we must recruit the innocent to come read this story! I've posted the link on my blog and have now insidiously have inserted it at myspace -the religion forum no less...

mwwwaaahahahahahahaha

I figure the more we hook on this story, the more MOAR zombies we get, and thus the MOAR begging we can produce!

so MOAR please!!!
YOU EVIL BASTARD. I love it ! Now we can be true MORE zombies by infecting people.
Jeriah wrote: you are NEVER completely certain of any other human being: not your parents, not your brother, not your wife, nobody.
Actually I think under some circumstances people sometimes don't even know themselves, but that's a bit existential for this thread. :lol:

skarface
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead, Shaun of the Dead, 28 Days Later, 28 Weeks Later.

Post by skarface » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:10 am

MOAR, please!

How're things going, Kathy? I hope it's better. You've done a lot for peoples online, and you deserve good things.
TheLastRifleMan wrote:Thank you and thank you, blessed work van! Nothing but premium fuel for you, damn what the boss says! And a wash once a week!
Mysty wrote:I do pity sissy as she has been out there a long time with that gaping hole in her leg, but until 'chocolate' tastes good again, I think Sissy's gonna be waiting a bit lol.

MarylandFisherman

Post by MarylandFisherman » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:30 pm

Please???
Damn, and my wife tells me I am paranoid....

kaijafon

Post by kaijafon » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:55 pm

MarylandFisherman wrote:Image

Please???
pretty please? with cola on top???? and brownies!!!!!????

and all kinds of goodies!!!!???

engineer1371

Post by engineer1371 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:59 pm

Kathy in FL wrote:Day 339 (Thursday) – July 4 – Part Nine

Suddenly there was a BOOM!!! Which I found out later was the sound of about 1800 pounds of RDX going off... about the same as 3000 pounds of TNT. Despite the initial warning I still went top over tail and wound upside down under a desk on the other side of the room.

Glenn said, “Um, sorry......I'm not an explosives expert....I may have overdone it a bit.”

Scott, laughing like a loon asked, “WHAT?? I CANT HEAR YOU???”

Glenn, as bad as I’d ever seen him deadpanned, “I said OOPS.”
As we used to say in the Marines the P in the equation for the amount of explosives needed always equaled plenty. great story and thank god im still way behind the pack. I wont be turning into a MOAR zombie just yet.

Return to “Fiction”