Mom's Journal of the Zombie Years

Zombie or Post Apocalyptic themed fiction/stories.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Nancy1340

Re: Mom's Journal of the Zombie Years

Post by Nancy1340 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:51 pm

DustMusher, thanks for that info and the back way in to FS. This happened last year at least once. Wonder who is behind it?

ForgeCorvus
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Quite liked 'Dead Set'
'28 Days Later'
and think that 'Shaun of the Dead' is a great poke at the whole Z-flick thing

Post by ForgeCorvus » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:21 pm

Nancy1340 wrote:DustMusher, thanks for that info and the back way in to FS. This happened last year at least once. Wonder who is behind it?
Someone whos not fond of right-wing Christians ?

Re: FS from a new user
The fiction section is good, and theres some really useful and interesting threads (some of which I've contributed to*) elsewhere on the boards, if you don't like the politics or the religion then don't read those bits

* It seems like a sensible rule, that you have to have 10 posts before you can see some of the site. But you do end up with a lot of people with a low post count saying "me to" a lot

Back OT
MOAR !! when you can Kathy (BTW TIMS was great)
I'm English, our Government doesn't trust us to have real guns........or decent pocket knives for that matter
Good job theres no such thing as a Trebuchet licence :D

Winner, PMBoB
LowKey wrote:INCH bags are to lifeboats what BOBs are to life vests.

Yeti

Post by Yeti » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:36 pm

ForgeCorvus wrote: * It seems like a sensible rule, that you have to have 10 posts before you can see some of the site. But you do end up with a lot of people with a low post count saying "me to" a lot
Actually there is a character count too for post length. And "Me To" posts are usually just deleted taking away from your post count.
Like you said if you don't like certain types of posts use the ignore feature on those who frequently post things you don't want to read.
Not every forum is for everybody, just like not all Moarheads are cut out for Squirrelland, there are plenty of Squirrels that aren't cut out for Zombieland. If it weren't for someone mentioning MJOTZY on Frugal's I would have never found Zombie Squad.

And thanks DustMusher for that link, I didn't have it handy prior to them sending out an Email with it.

Now back on topic.
But on with this story we want MOAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeti

jaybird
Favorite Zombie Movies: the entire Dead' series

Post by jaybird » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:20 pm

Anyone have any updates on how Mama Hen and her fam is doing?
" Memory is like a knife. It can hurt you."-Lady Murasaki, Hannibal Rising

" Civility must be rewarded...or else there's no use for it. There's no use for it, at all...."- Dr. Logan, DOTD

Yeti

Post by Yeti » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:06 pm

jaybird wrote:Anyone have any updates on how Mama Hen and her fam is doing?
I know she is around, I saw her posting on Frugal's today.
Yeti

Robb1313

Post by Robb1313 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:22 pm

Wow -- 324 pages in the last week... I feel like a man possessed --- or maybe infected???

Only time will tell --

Thanks Kathy!

SteveD

Post by SteveD » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:57 pm

I just couldn't stand having this story so far down the page..............
MOAR PLZ
if all else fails, accelerate!
KC9UMT

kaijafon

Post by kaijafon » Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:21 am

SteveD wrote:I just couldn't stand having this story so far down the page..............
MOAR PLZ
I understand that!

MOAR PLEASE!!

(although for a "mother hen" fix; she has started a new story at the tree and it has like five or six chapters already!!! very good too....just saying)

HaroldWayneHamlin

Post by HaroldWayneHamlin » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:58 am

Harold Wayne Hamlin
Captainpaycheck@hotmail.com

I am thinking about doing an audio version of Mom's Journal of the Zombie Years.

Is there anyone interested in becomeing a character in her story and doing the audio for that character.

You can read the parts (well labeled as to what day in the story) directly into the computer and email to me at the above email address OR you could read the sections into a cassette tape and maile to me at

3604-59th St
Lubbock, Texas

This project will not be for sale and a finished copy (with MH's permission) shall be given to each person who aids in the project.

The finished project will be given to Mother Hen (via any means she wishes). The master copy is hers, to do with as she sees fit.

I would like to see this story published both in print and via audio, on CD.

This story is right up there with works published already. It reminds me most in format and story line to (Earth Abides), copy to you on request if you have not read it, or visit your local library.

Hopefully, MH at some point in the future can reap moneatry rewards for all of her hard work and time in creating this story.

the only mistake I think she has made, is that there seems to be no end.

Nothing wrong with splitting the story into two or more books as a sequal, but that is her decisions.

Anyone interested please contact me.

Later
wayne

ZombieGranny
Favorite Zombie Movies: eh - heck with it, I'm not leaving - I like it here, and the regular folks like me being here.

Post by ZombieGranny » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:20 pm

I really think any conversation regarding that should be handled in private with Kathy.

I should imagine she would rather work with a publishing house if she wishes to publish, rather than some stranger on the internet; but that isn't my call.
In my day, we didn't have virtual reality.
If a one-eyed razorback barbarian warrior was chasing you with an ax, you just had to hope you could outrun him.
-
Preps buy us time. Time to learn how and time to remember how. Time to figure out what is a want, what is a need.

bonanacrom

Post by bonanacrom » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:26 pm

The problem with that is your doing it to someone else's work. And how do you guarantee that some ass-hat you give a copy to doesn't turn around and sell it someplace ? I think if you want to do a project like this you should do it to your own work.
The deeper you go in the forest the more things there are to eat your horse. Image

Raydarkhorse

Post by Raydarkhorse » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:29 pm

I agree, beside I don't think any of the moar zombies would even consider it until Kathy gave her blessings.

jaybird

Post by jaybird » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:27 pm

Yeah, as much as I might like such a thing as a fan, I do not wish to see Kathy get screwed by anybody and I also don't wish to be a party to said plagiarism.

" Civility must be rewarded...or else there's no use for it. There's no use for it, at all...."- Dr. Logan, DOTD

TastingAshes
Favorite Zombie Movies: All Romero's, mostly independant-style videos but the bigger movies have merit!

Post by TastingAshes » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:29 pm

Uhm. Not to be a downer on any mob-style anger here :D but the fact that MH has time/date stamps on all of her work posted in this forum guarantees that her writing is already copyrighted from the date of her first post. She is completely protected under U.S. copyright laws from plagiarism from the minute she started writing!

If any asshat is dumb enough to try and sell her work in any form (audio included) without her permission then we can all sit back and laugh our collective asses off at what happens :twisted:

I personally think if someone wants to put forth the effort into doing an audio project to cover this great story and help MH get published then my compliments to them!!
(But hey...try PMing her first and sort out the details lol)
I'd be honored to contribute my voice to any character in it.

kaijafon

Post by kaijafon » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:40 pm

you will need MH's permission to do any of that which you speak of....reading it into a machine and making copies. You will be infringing on her copywrite if you do this "project". She can sue your butt off. Yeah, even if it is NOT for money, she can sue you.

Get her permission BEFORE.

bonanacrom

Post by bonanacrom » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:54 pm

As to the copyrights - that only works here in the US and countries that honour our laws. I was thinking of an ass-hat selling it overseas to make money, that would piss me off.
The deeper you go in the forest the more things there are to eat your horse. Image

Narshalla

Post by Narshalla » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:10 pm

Did anyone happen to notice the name of the poster who wants to make an audio copy of this?

HaroldWayneHamlin! Yes, the man who already got his tail handed to him within the first few story-days because he did not believe that renters would leave cash, junk jewelry, storm shutters, or weapons behind when they left an apartment, either through death, jail, or skipping rent. (I myself have cleaned up after people who left dentures behind!) Just on a side note, I consider being turned into a zombie to be in the "death" category.

So, you hated it all those pages ago, HaroldWayneHamlin, does this mean that you like it now?

Didn't think so, Captain Paycheck.

DarkAxel
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Evil Dead Series, Dawn of the Dead, Shawn of the Dead, NOTLD, Resident Evil Series

Post by DarkAxel » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:27 pm

Folks, please report the troll and go about your shambling. I have faith in MH! She will bring us MOAR!
vyadmirer wrote:Call me the paranoid type, but remember I'm on a post apocalyptic website prepared for zombies.
Fleet #: ZS 0180

Browncoat

Imma Fudd, and proud of it.

ZS Wiki

jaybird

Post by jaybird » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:35 pm

darkaxel wrote:Folks, please report the troll and go about your shambling. I have faith in MH! She will bring us MOAR!
Make it so (Capt. Picard voice)!

N0Skillz

Post by N0Skillz » Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:34 am

:( :(

I'm all caught up! Why oh why do I have to have so much free time at work that it took me only a couple of weeks to catch up on all this story! :(

But on the plus side after a week of going to bed at 1100pm-ish and waking up at 630 i can now go to sleep even earlier! yay?

CG

Post by CG » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:58 pm

I'm sorely disappointed with the MOAR zombies. I was gone a whole week, and you've only managed to go two measly pages? Sheesh.

Oh. And MOAR!
Mater tua caligas gerit!

...I'm sorry, I wasn't paying attention to what I was thinking.

puker
Favorite Zombie Movies: DOTD, Shaun of the Dead, DOTD 04, NOTLD

Post by puker » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:02 pm

Its over , isn't it? Every day I check, and every day there is no Moar. Now the other stories that I follow on this forum (Shift, Dark Days and Slow Burn) have really slowed down as well. Its almost like the people spending their time creating such good stuff have lives of their own and dont exist purely for my entertainment. :shock:
TravisM.1 wrote:You know, sometimes I question if I'm really doing things right.
Am I doing right by my kids? Am I being a responsible adult? Would I be ashamed if my grandmother saw me doing this?
Then, a guy gets caught jackhammering a horse for the second time in two years, and I realize-
I'm doing alright.

ZombieGranny
Favorite Zombie Movies: eh - heck with it, I'm not leaving - I like it here, and the regular folks like me being here.

Post by ZombieGranny » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:06 pm

Been busy posting in another thread...

Guess which one?
In my day, we didn't have virtual reality.
If a one-eyed razorback barbarian warrior was chasing you with an ax, you just had to hope you could outrun him.
-
Preps buy us time. Time to learn how and time to remember how. Time to figure out what is a want, what is a need.

Mr. E. Monkey

Post by Mr. E. Monkey » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:14 pm

puker wrote:Its over , isn't it? Every day I check, and every day there is no Moar. Now the other stories that I follow on this forum (Shift, Dark Days and Slow Burn) have really slowed down as well. Its almost like the people spending their time creating such good stuff have lives of their own and dont exist purely for my entertainment. :shock:
I'm working on it, I'm working on it! It's been a busy couple of weeks around here! :D
SMoAF wrote:'Tis better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness.
Beowolf wrote:Disasters are terrifying, but people are stupid.
wee drop o' bush wrote:THE EVIL MONKEY HAS WON THE INTERNETS! :lol: Image

Return to “Fiction”