An Unwelcome Development

Zombie or Post Apocalyptic themed fiction/stories.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

curt48mauser

Re: An Unwelcome Development

Post by curt48mauser » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:32 pm

I have been loving the posts, please keep the updates coming.

Curt

Mr. E. Monkey

Post by Mr. E. Monkey » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:38 pm

zengunfighter wrote:While you are at the bus stop on Moar avenue, waiting for the unwelcome bus, crank your browser over to youtube.com/vigunfighter.
Watch some dope vids, get pelted by some knowledge bombs, and let all your friends in on it! Subscriptions and cranking up the view numbers would be a great way to show the Zengun dude some love! :)

And, as always, a sincere thank you for your supportive comments. They are the fuel that keeps the unwelcome bus running.
Sub'd. Loved.

Moar?

:mrgreen:
SMoAF wrote:'Tis better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness.
Beowolf wrote:Disasters are terrifying, but people are stupid.
wee drop o' bush wrote:THE EVIL MONKEY HAS WON THE INTERNETS! :lol: Image

RTF_Squared
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland. Resident Evil Degeneration.

Post by RTF_Squared » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:21 am

Subbed and watched pretty much everything a while back. I like it.
Brought to you by Carl's Junior.

944storm

Post by 944storm » Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:22 pm

I've been checking out the great videos on YouTube as I anxiously await. MOAR!!!!!

I'm always con the edge of my seat!

independantGeorge

Post by independantGeorge » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:30 pm

zgf,

I've been enjoying your 2 novels over the last 6 months. Always great to read. And lots of practical useful tips. You should run a combat school! And you should publish!! :)

I wonder, now the external threats are more or less eliminated, perhaps more mundane, but still dangerous threats to the community could rise internally: Jealousies, fighting, murders, theft, leadership rivals, personal conflicts, enemy spies etc.

Hey this sounds like my office ;)

Zed is a great leader and has great mob control skills, but it seems there are no shortage of asses out there in the world. People that are tired of all the physical efforts necessary for everyone in the PAW, and looking for shortcuts.
Whats to stop some leader wannabe poisoning zed or sniping him at night (please dont do it!!)

I have serious doubts about Zelda's new community, and cant help but think that zed's faith in her and them is misguided. It could be viewed as a terrible waste of resources by the rest of the group.

How many rounds is it going to take just to train zeldas defense force? Perhaps if resources get more realistically squeezed, then internal problems might surface sooner.

At the end of the day, if the PAW continues, these communities are going to have to produce lots of food. Days will be long and very physical.

Would keeping everyone alive be an option in the PAW?

Sorry for the ramble. THis is why I don't attempt writing :) Keep up the great work.

Always wishing for MOAR :)

PS I would follow zed to the end
sent from my walther PPQ

SllickWilly
Favorite Zombie Movies: Original Dawn of the Dead

Post by SllickWilly » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:44 am

Videos are great! Well thought out.

Love the foreshadowing about the outside world... What is up with Europe anyway?

There are still other gangs on the island to deal with, including the fascist National Guard. Is the commander becoming a despot, living high from stolen freedoms? Will the ranks there continue to put up with the injustice simply to survive? Or are there real patriots within the ranks, rankled and uneasy, beginning to network and prepare for action? If food is simply consumed and not produced, there is a limit for such a regime... Maybe the patriots see that?

The island may need to be unified to deal with outside threats soon!

Love the possibilities! :clap:
No matter where you are going, there you are

idahobob

Post by idahobob » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:59 am

Oh man, and here I was hoping for an update! :(

MOAR, please!

Bob
III
People who are rather more than six feet tall and nearly as broad across the shoulders often have uneventful journeys. People jump out at them from behind rocks then say things like, "Oh. Sorry. I thought you were someone else."

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Post by Halfapint » Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:36 am

::Runs to body, checks pulse:: NOOOOOOOOOOO HES DEAD!!! Why.... Why oh why.... Please ZGF, come back to us!!!!!! ::starts chest compressions::
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

skinnydrz

Post by skinnydrz » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:59 pm

Come back!!!!!!! Write mmmmooooaaaarrrrr!!!!!

PLEASE???

zengunfighter

Post by zengunfighter » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:27 pm

Halfapint wrote:::Runs to body, checks pulse:: NOOOOOOOOOOO HES DEAD!!! Why.... Why oh why.... Please ZGF, come back to us!!!!!! ::starts chest compressions::

"Get Off me!" *sputters, coughs, chokes* "You're SO lucky I came to before you started giving me 'rescue breathing'.
*props up on one elbow, looks around for offending item, lifts it up* "And who leaves their banana peels laying around?"

Thanks for your patience. (well,most of you have been patient :) )
Had a couple of projects at work that had me up against a deadline and had a small touch of writer's block. Sometimes I get to a point in the story and I'm not sure what's next and it takes me a week or so to have it rattling around in my brain for an answer to com out.

Anyhoo, here's a little something for you.

Zelda and I parted ways. She went to collect the workers in the project to come and eat with us and get paid for their day's work. I headed back into the compound to see what progress had been made. With a sense of relief I saw that the fighting position on the roof of the first building was nearly done. A sandbaged square comfortably big enough for two people. Four could cram inside in a pinch. A roof made of recycled pallets and plywood extended past the the sandbags, the overhangs providing shade even when the sun was low in the sky. Two of Lyle's men were in it at the moment. I took off my hat and scratched my head. They waved a welcome, smiling at my use of the pass-gesture.

There was much, much more that needed to be done here. My mind sped through a list of things that absolutely must get done. Yesterday. I had to shift away from feeling like I had to be personally involved and responsible and that I had to do it all. These people would have to take up the work themselves. We could, no, we would provide assistance mostly in the form of advice, some material support. But the labor was on them. I was fairly confident that between Zelda and Kiko, they'd manage just fine.

I found Stan and Sadie in the Warehouse. Sadie held a clipboard while Stan poked through the stacks of boxes calling out what he found. Sadie leafed through the papers, her expression switching from concentration to frustration as she tried to come to an accord between what was physically here versus what the lists said. A rogue strand of hair had the audacity to break free of its restraints, falling forward over a cheek smudged with a streak of dirt. Mindlessly, with an economy of effort, she swept it back out of the way, a brief flash of annoyance at the interruption crossed her face, which only I caught.
I smiled to myself and my luck at finding a woman such as this to spend my life with.

“How's it going?” They hadn't noticed me yet. They were beyond being so easily startled. They barely acknowledged my presence, intent of getting their job done.
“It's a jumbled mess.” Sadie allowed.
“Yeah. It was probably all organized at one point, but two different gangs have been pawing through it, shifting things around.” Stan put an open box back on top of the stack it had come from.
“Any idea when you'll be done?”
Stan looked at Sadie who looked at the piles. “Another hour or so and we'll have a pretty good general idea what's here.”
I nodded my understanding. Stan left his current stack and moved over to the back wall. “You might be interested in this.”
I followed him and looked down at a bunch of boxes and familiar metal containers. A smile took residence on my face. Despite a lifetime's familiarity, firearms still brought me enjoyment.
“We found this early on, but left it, figuring you'd like to go through it.”
Bending, I opened several crates, getting a quick idea of what was here. I tore myself away before I got too involved. Otherwise I'd be at it for hours.
“Very cool!” I smiled at Stan who returned it with a bigger one of his own. He liked guns too, which explained part of his reaction. More, he enjoyed my reaction to his find. Stan always did like to make people happy.
“Anything else interesting?”
Stan lead me over to a pallet loaded to head height with boxes. Standing on tiptoes he rummaged in the top box which was opened and after a moment pulled out a large plastic blister. The kind meant to prevent shoplifters from putting small items down their pants. He handed it to me. It was a FEMA disaster hand out. An AM/FM radio, a couple of flashlights, and the batteries to run them.
“Too bad there's no radio stations on air. But the flashlights will come in handy.” Stan said.
“Yeah,” I handed the blister pack back to him, a foggy idea taking form in my head. “Yes, the flashlights will certainly be useful. Long as the batteries hold out.” I changed track. “How's the food situation?”
Sadie came over and answered. “We're not quite done figuring out what we have, but it's a lot. Mixed between MREs, can goods, and dry. Four pallets of fifty pound bags of rice untouched and another partial.”
I interrupted. “How many bags on a pallet?”
“Forty”
I whistled as I did the math. “That's a pretty good buffer. Similar quantities of the other items?”
Sadie nodded and shrugged, “Pretty much. Let us finish up and we can give you a full report later.”
I took the hint and left them to it. Wondering outside, I stood on the loading dock and looked over the yard. Clots of men were working on various projects, mainly defensive in nature. The breeze shifted several degrees, wafting the smell of cooking. I followed the direction of the smoke and saw a group of women working over some coal pots, tables starting to fill up with various food items. My stomach gurgled loudly, reminding me that I'd been neglecting it.
Shifting my gaze over toward the housing community, a group of people was heading our way, I supposed for their meal and pay. I realized the I had little way of knowing who deserved what. I hadn't kept track of who had helped and who hadn't.
I supposed that Zelda and Kiko would have a handle on that, but I resolved to come up with a better system.
Like I didn't have anything better to do.

The sound of a small engine sputtering to life, then smoothing out caught my attention. After a moment it dogged out and then came back up to speed. A generator!
It sounded like it was coming from the second building and I set off to see what was going on.
I found Liburd standing over a small five thousand watt generator. He looked up at my approach. I grinned to put him at ease. He didn't give me any indication that it worked.
“Got a genny running, I see.”
He didn't bother to respond to my statement of the obvious. I plowed ahead anyway. “Where'd you find it?”
He nodded over his shoulder at the third building. I put it together. “In the construction company's shop?”
He nodded, most of his attention on the generator. He bent over it, looking here and there with a critical eye.
“Didja get a chance to check things out?”
He looked up at me from his crouched position and nodded. Realizing I wasn't going to go away, he stood.
“Whatcha find out?” I started, giving him an opening.
“All tree ah these buildings have cisterns and they all full. They about twenty thousand gallons each. Ah found the generator and figured that this building was most important, what with the clinic in it, so I set it up here. I checked the plumbing. Found the valve to switch from town to cistern water. Pump lost prime, sitting long as it had. I was just about to go look see if they have water now.”

Excited at the prospect of running water I followed him round to the front of the building. We entered to the sound of loud hissing and gurgling coming from the bathroom. Denise was already in there, turning the faucets.
“Leave them open, Miss. Deh air must come out of the line.” Liburd instructed.
“You mean we'll have water in here?” Denise opened the faucet again. There was a chugging and sputtering, and a spurt of water came out. After a couple more spurts the stream became constant. She closed the valve and opened it several times, either in disbelief or wonder at the modernity of running water.
“Will we have hot water too?”
“I will check the heater. It will draw a lot of current, and might be burned out. Don't know. But I think yes, I can get you hot water maybe tomorrow.”
Before he knew what was happening, Denise grabbed his face with both of her hands and planted a big kiss right on his mouth.
She stepped back, pleased with the effect her thank you had, as well as the prospect of being able to wash up.

I thought through the plumbing process to its conclusion. “What about the toilets, now that we have water? I'm thinking we still can't use them because they are hooked up to the town sewer.”
Liburd paused to think before answering. “True 'bout deh sewer. PAWA not pumping, flushing on dis end won't do no good. Maybe so we can figure out something else dough.”
“We're kinda close to sea level for a tank and leach field” I was proud of my knowledge of plumbing.
“Why deh tank haffa be under deh' ground?” He knew he'd shot me down. I mentally slapped my forehead.
“You're right. There are above ground options. Matter of fact, I wanted to talk to Kiko about something similar.”
“We already done talk. We have a good idea of how to do it. You just leave it to us.”
“I don't suppose you'd take to me kissing you as well as you did to Miss Denise, so I'll just shake your hand.” He paused, long enough to make me as uncomfortable as I'd made him before taking my hand.
“Thanks Liburd, for all your help present and future. It's a big load off of me knowing you are on the job.”
“Why you think you must do all the work your own self?” More statement than question, so I didn't bother answering. Denise looked from him to me, raising her eyebrows and tilting her head as if to say “he's got a point”

I was about to leave when Denise grabbed my arm. “What's up?”
“You know we lost that little girl.”
I did, but I'd put it aside as just one more thing I had no control over and didn't need to dwell over. “Sure. What about her?”
“We have to do something with the body.”
I took a deep breath and let it out. One more thing. “Sure.” I repeated, too tired to think and trying to gain a second in which to do so. “I'll ask Zelda what we should do. I'll get back to you.”
“Thank you.”
I nodded, nothing more to say, and turned to leave before I could be hit with anything else.
Disciplina Remunenor Fidelis!

http://www.youtube.com/vigunfighter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Halfapint

Post by Halfapint » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:46 pm

Woo! Glad the chest compressions worked! Thanks for the update!
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

zengunfighter

Post by zengunfighter » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:47 pm

independantGeorge wrote:zgf,

I've been enjoying your 2 novels over the last 6 months. Always great to read. And lots of practical useful tips. You should run a combat school! And you should publish!!
Thanks! I'm trying to find the right balance between entertainment and education. Hope I've struck it. I'm available for classes. I travel all over teaching. :)
I wonder, now the external threats are more or less eliminated, perhaps more mundane, but still dangerous threats to the community could rise internally: Jealousies, fighting, murders, theft, leadership rivals, personal conflicts, enemy spies etc.

Hey this sounds like my office
You're tracking. Zed is going to find an unwelcome development when he gets back home...

Zed is a great leader and has great mob control skills, but it seems there are no shortage of asses out there in the world. People that are tired of all the physical efforts necessary for everyone in the PAW, and looking for shortcuts.
Whats to stop some leader wannabe poisoning zed or sniping him at night (please dont do it!!)

I have serious doubts about Zelda's new community, and cant help but think that zed's faith in her and them is misguided. It could be viewed as a terrible waste of resources by the rest of the group.

How many rounds is it going to take just to train zeldas defense force? Perhaps if resources get more realistically squeezed, then internal problems might surface sooner.

At the end of the day, if the PAW continues, these communities are going to have to produce lots of food. Days will be long and very physical.

Would keeping everyone alive be an option in the PAW?

Sorry for the ramble. THis is why I don't attempt writing Keep up the great work.

Always wishing for MOAR
Good solid questions that need to be answered. If you were in Zed's place, in your own neighborhood and surroundings, what actions would you take?
And thanks, you gave me an interesting idea relating to dealing with the NG... ;)

PS I would follow zed to the end
Hard to think of higher praise than that...
Zed would be grateful to have you on his team. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/vigunfighter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Halfapint

Post by Halfapint » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:28 pm

Available for classes huh??? Well my airline doesn't fly to USVI but since they are US territories shipping my AR shouldn't be to much of a problem..... Hmmm sun, guns, and a beautiful island?!? Don need to twist my arm! Lol

zengunfighter

Post by zengunfighter » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:53 pm

Halfapint wrote:Available for classes huh??? Well my airline doesn't fly to USVI but since they are US territories shipping my AR shouldn't be to much of a problem..... Hmmm sun, guns, and a beautiful island?!? Don need to twist my arm! Lol
I can come to you...
I've taught from alaska to Florida, California to new York and many points in between. Do the leg work of putting together interested students and your slot is free. Get enough people and you can actually make a couple dollars. He'll, I'll even do selected readings from my books n the evenings. :)

curt48mauser

Post by curt48mauser » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:15 pm

Thanks for the latest update, I know I couldn't put out as much as good so Thank You for keeping the story going.

Curt

Nancy1340

Post by Nancy1340 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:32 am

Thanks.

idahobob

Post by idahobob » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:35 pm

Me too.........Thank You! :clap: :clap:

Bob
III
People who are rather more than six feet tall and nearly as broad across the shoulders often have uneventful journeys. People jump out at them from behind rocks then say things like, "Oh. Sorry. I thought you were someone else."

91Eunozs
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: All of them!

Post by 91Eunozs » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:01 pm

:clap:

Thanks!

Love the almost Freudian "...com out." remark in your preamble to this entry!
Molon Latte...come & take our coffee order
Doctorr Fabulous wrote:... It's fun to play pretend, but this is the internet, and it's time to be serious.
zengunfighter wrote:... you don't want to blow a tranny in the middle of a pursuit...
woodsghost wrote:... A defensive gun without training is basically a talisman. It might ward off evil, but I wouldn't count on it.

D_Man

Post by D_Man » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:18 pm

Great story. Thank you fro sharing your talent with everyone.
To strive,
To seek,
To find, But not to yield.
~Tennyson

zengunfighter

Post by zengunfighter » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:46 pm

91Eunozs wrote::clap:

Thanks!

Moar often than not, the story comes out in spurts.

91Eunozs
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: All of them!

Post by 91Eunozs » Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:22 pm

zengunfighter wrote:
91Eunozs wrote::clap:

Thanks!

Moar often than not, the story comes out in spurts.
:lol: You're twisted! And I mean that as a compliment!

Was thinking com out...as in comm-out though; as in you were NORDO and we were worrying about you brother!
Molon Latte...come & take our coffee order
Doctorr Fabulous wrote:... It's fun to play pretend, but this is the internet, and it's time to be serious.
zengunfighter wrote:... you don't want to blow a tranny in the middle of a pursuit...
woodsghost wrote:... A defensive gun without training is basically a talisman. It might ward off evil, but I wouldn't count on it.

zengunfighter

Post by zengunfighter » Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:10 pm

Standing in the middle of the lot, lost, not in thought, but thoughtlessness. Tired, hungry, overwhelmed, running ragged on the edge, my brain just shut down. A circuit breaker tripped, to protect the fragile wiring of an old worn out system.

I don't know how long I stood there, spaced out, when I was brought back. Zelda's words brought awareness back, if not comprehension. I knew she spoke, but not what she said.
I shook my head to clear it and had to take a step to catch my balance. Zelda held out a steadying hand on my elbow. I let her.
“I'm sorry, what were you saying?”
“You Ok, Zed? You need to sit?”
I took a deep breath, expanding my chest, holding it while I stretched up, into better posture. I shook my head to her question, more to convince me, than her.
“No. I'm good. What's up?”
“A few things. The workers are eating. I told them we would settle up pay after.”
I looked over where the food had been prepared. People sat with plates eating quietly, tired from their exertions. So I'd been in la-la land for several minutes if I'd missed them getting served.
“Ok.”
She waited, and I realized she needed more from me than “OK”. I tried again.
“Ok. After they eat, send them over to the warehouse and we'll hand out some food.” My mind managed to continue firing. “And then we should sit down. You wanted to go over tomorrow's meeting.”
“I know you're tired, but yes. I'll make it as quick as I can.”
“No. That's fine. Needs to be done.”

I turned and took a step toward the warehouse, to get ready for the workers. “Aren't you going to eat?” Zelda's words stopped me.
“No time. I want to be ready to pay out.”
She grabbed my elbow, gently, but firmly, brooking no excuses, and turned me back around, heading to the food.
“At least get something to take with you.”
It was easier to go along, so I did. Truth is, my stomach was voting with Zelda.

I grabbed three paper plates and juggled them while the ladies behind the table ladled food on to them. I figured I'd save Sadie and Stan a trip. Many of the workers looked at me, watching, expressions unfathomable. I met eyes and gave nods. I even got a couple in return. They didn't have to like me, I reminded myself.

Walking back to the warehouse, I detoured to where Juice was supervising his team's work. I asked him to rotate our people through the chow line and once fed, to detail someone to spell Frank and Lyle up on the hill.
Who said I couldn't delegate?

Sadie and Stan sat where they were and tucked into their plates without comment. I wolfed mine down, not really tasting it, just performing my duty to my body. It didn't have to like me, I reminded myself.
Of course, it would only take so much before it let me down or outright rebelled.

Why that ate at a more sane pace I told Sadie and Stan to expect the workers soon and to pay them in a similar manner to what we'd done back home. I left it up to them to determine the actual details. There I went again, letting other people handle things. Maybe that was the key to delegating; being to tired to care.

Having until Zelda came to talk with me, I moved over to the back wall. Maybe playing with some guns would cheer me up. There were a couple of boxes with assorted pistols. Everything from revolvers to pot metal automatics and poorly sawn off shotguns, to better quality pistols that I would actually use. There was another couple of boxes with assorted ammo. Full and partial boxes mixed with a large amount of loose rounds of every description, caliber, and condition. That would take some sorting. Later.
To the right were several wooden crates, that said “military” to me. I smiled to myself in anticipation as I pried open the lid to the first one. It contained a dozen AR s. M16A2s to be exact. Same as we'd been seeing in the 'bangers hands.
The next crate was identical to the first. I decided those were 'ours'. Partial payment for services rendered. A plan to use them had been forming in my head before I'd even found them.
While a couple of crates of military grade assault rifles was nice, if you've seen one M16A2, you've seen them all. Opening the third crate is when I got giddy. Lid off, I reached in with both hands and pulled out the heavy WWII warhorse.
I've never been much of an M1 Garand/M14 fan boy. I find them heavy, thick, and unwieldy. Their reputations blow out of proportion to reality. Still, they did pack a reach out and touch some one punch.

I brought the action up to my face to inspect it, hope against hope. Some M1s were converted to 7.62x51 after NATO adopted that cartridges. While the .308 was a great round, it wasn't what I was hoping for. I searched for the caliber designation. There! Yes! .30 government!
Why get all excited about what caliber this rifle that I didn't even care for was chambered in? Because I was running low on ammo for our Winchester. I'd worked out a plan for cannibalizing .308 round and reloading the precious few .30-06 cases to keep the beautiful Model 70 fed, but I wasn't looking forward to what I would have had to do to recover the unfired primers.
Now, did the presence of the rifle mean there was actually ammo for it? I put the rifle back down, ignoring the rest of the contents and madly searched the rest of the pile. There was a big, untidy stack of ammo cans of varying sizes. Those on top were mainly 5.56, which I put in my mental commandeer list. A half a dozen slightly larger boxes held linked 7.62. Our 240 would be happy to hear that.
Another few boxes harbored olive drab plastic hulls of GI 00 buck in 12 gauge. That might stay here for the Project's Home Guard.
And then, there they were. Five boxes of .30 government. I opened the first box and was rewarded with bandoleers containing eight round en bloc clips for the Garand. The bullets had a black tip. That could come in handy.
Three other boxes were the same. The last one had one difference. The tips were silver. Even better, the head stamp was from the late forties. That had some possibilities.

Several of the ammo cans contained .30 carbine rounds which made me go back to the last case. Yup. There were eight of the svelte beauties. M1s, not 2's, which was alright by me. Two of them had the folding paratrooper stocks, the remain four were normal.
I guess the rumors were true. Every now and then I'd hear about arms caches being found, especially out on Water Island where the Navy maintained several bunkers overlooking the harbor during the Second World War. I think I was looking at proof.
I was actually starting to feel better. A big stupid smile plastered on my face as I fondled one of the M1 carbines. There was a beauty you could dance with. I side stepped and brought the butt into my shoulder, sights settling right in front of my eye. Down to the low ready, I pivoted and brought her back up on target, as pretty a pirouette as any Baryshnikov had done.

“Find anything cool?” Stan had slipped up while I was having my 'moment' with the sweet slip of a rifle. I pushed down my embarrassment. What? Can't a guy have some fun?

I tossed him the carbine. He checked that is was clear and started admiring it. I grabbed one of the paras. So ugly it was cute. It didn't handle as well between the hands, but it would be easier to carry and use in a vehicle.

Holding the M1 at the trail, reluctant to set it down, Stan looked over the rest of the pile. He ended with the ammo cans. “What's in those big ones?”
Underneath all the others were some much larger metal cans. Olive drab and of a similar pattern with their smaller siblings. I set the para down and cleared away cans until I could open one.

I reached in and pulled out a cartridge. Stan's eyes got big and round as he looked at that fat stubby cartridge that dwarfed the palm of my hand.

“Grenades?” I swear there was the hint of drool at the corner of his mouth

rednekrampager
Favorite Zombie Movies: Hell i love them all.

Post by rednekrampager » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:16 pm

Grenades.. Hell Yeah!! Got me drooling too. Drive on!!
Get off my lawn!!

Halfapint

Post by Halfapint » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:34 pm

Mmmmmm grenades. In fussing by the description they're for the under barrel mount, but I don't remember anyone picking them up? Or were some used in the big battle with the bangers.

Return to “Fiction”