Mumbai meets Midwest - 2/20- update

Zombie or Post Apocalyptic themed fiction/stories.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Aikibiker

Re: Mumbai meets Midwest - continuing - updated 11/20

Post by Aikibiker » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:11 pm

DAVE KI wrote:
rednekrampager wrote:Real nice job. I like how you have the folks picking up the gear from the fallen goat rapers. Keep up the good work.

Sent via electronic carrier pigeon.
I was thinking goat herders but...yeah liked the way they armed themselves!
Keep it up wtr.
In Arabic the root words are very similar.

Joel

Yes a Spartan hoplite trained for battle since he could walk, backed by 299 other Spartans, and lead by a military genius can hold off any number of zombies armed with spear, shield, and sword. However your couch-potato, asthmatic, gets in a car to drive to the corner store lazy ass can't. Deal with it.

TDot132

Post by TDot132 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:12 pm

I'm a fan of this story as well. I didn't pay much attention to the time between updates, but I am hoping for one soon!
How do I stay so happy? I live by a certain phrase... FIDO F*** It, Drive On.

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Post by Halfapint » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:52 am

Ok.... I was a bit.... Meh on this story until the last update. You got me hooked now you bastard. I really like your writing, I think it's actually very good. It may seem a little "over the top" but with the situation we are in, honestly.... Your scenario seems very plausible.

So I hate you for making me look at every cargo plane that hits the ground here with a bit of caution. Not much I can do if a plane load of jihadi's hits the ground here. I'm hoping that the cops will lend me a pistol/scattergun/rifle to defend myself, my fellow employees, and put some hurt on the bastards that intend to do me grievous bodily harm.
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

wtr100

Post by wtr100 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:20 am

The actual theft of a cargo jet is a HUGE stretch and would heavily rely on hacking/penetration of the air traffic control system

As for the police arming citizens - ain't going to happen. I'd be surprised if police had many firearms beyond what it takes to arm their officers

Glad you're enjoying the story
Have your musket clean as a whistle, hatchet scoured, sixty rounds powder and ball, and be ready to march at a minute's warning.

Appleseeds Project - Common folks teaching other common folks to shoot uncommonly well

Aikibiker

Post by Aikibiker » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:33 pm

wtr100 wrote:The actual theft of a cargo jet is a HUGE stretch and would heavily rely on hacking/penetration of the air traffic control system

As for the police arming citizens - ain't going to happen. I'd be surprised if police had many firearms beyond what it takes to arm their officers

Glad you're enjoying the story
I wonder what it takes to charter a cargo aircraft though?

Why borrow guns in that situation? You live in America, even in the most antigun areas you can still by decent defensive weapons and in most states you can get a petmit to carry them on you.

Joel

Yes a Spartan hoplite trained for battle since he could walk, backed by 299 other Spartans, and lead by a military genius can hold off any number of zombies armed with spear, shield, and sword. However your couch-potato, asthmatic, gets in a car to drive to the corner store lazy ass can't. Deal with it.

wtr100

Post by wtr100 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:57 am

Aki chartering a plane is pretty straight forward , loading it with jehadis instead of cargo would be the trick.

In my mind they chartered a plane and used a second plane. The chartered on was full of normal stuff the stolen one full of jehadis at a more remote airfield. Two planes take off and with some sleight of hand over Mexico the stolen one continues on to the US.
Have your musket clean as a whistle, hatchet scoured, sixty rounds powder and ball, and be ready to march at a minute's warning.

Appleseeds Project - Common folks teaching other common folks to shoot uncommonly well

osagemarine

Post by osagemarine » Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:15 pm

Interesting. How about some moar?

wtr100

Re: Mumbai meets Midwest - continuing - updated 12/1

Post by wtr100 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:50 pm

12/1 update

----------

Old Hickory said we could take 'em by surprise
If we didn't fire our muskets 'til we looked 'em in the eye
We held our fire 'til we see'd their faces well.
Then we opened up with squirrel guns and really gave 'em ... well

Battle of New Orleans - Johnny Horton

------

“First hold the school. If parents come and want their kids try to convince them to stay. If they insist on leaving you let them. Do NOT let the school send busses out. Who knows if parents are home. If you need to you put a 12 gauge slug into bus tires. I’m going to get you some help. Get them to block off Aten , North, Evans and High streets, when you get some more folks block off Ostrom behind you.

Joe Brown was a Marine, he’d served on Guadalcanal and Iwo Jima. On Iwo he’d been shot through his left arm. When the weather changed it still ached sometimes. He’d been doing his favorite pass time these days – watching Fox news and waiting for the kids to come out for recess. He loved watching them run and play. So much so he’s anonymously donated the funds to build the elaborate playground and softball fields. The news shocked and chilled him. News reports were first of a fire, then of random attacks. The news ran surveillance footage of a cargo plane with men swarming out like ants. What if they came to ‘his’ school.

Could they? Of course they could. Quick run out the interstate then up the highway …

Not while he was still alive. He went to the safe and removed an M1 Garand. It had the orange blank adapter on the muzzle but an allen key took care of that. From the top self he took an 8 round en-block loaded with 173 grain match ammo and thumbed it into the top of the rifle with a satisfying thunk. He set the safety and put the rifle on top of the chest freezer. He removed a GI style pistol belt and put it around his waist. From a shelf in the safe he took a GI model 1911 inserted a magazine with 7 rounds of 230 grain hardball and worked the slide. He dropped the magazine, took a fresh magazine from the safe and put it in the pistol and holstered it. Finally he removed two green cotton bandoleers of Gaarand ammo , 96 rounds total of the 173 grain match ammo.

He slung the rifle and headed upstairs. He could see a squad car in front of the school. A good sign. He better be ready for the long haul so he got his day pack from the closet. He threw in his USMC Hooded sweater, very heavy and very warm, OD green of course. Danny brought it for him from boot camp, good kid that Danny. In the kitchen he threw in a sleeve of crackers ,a jar of almond butter, two tins of sardines, a sleeve of fig newtons. From the drink pantry he added a couple bottles of water , some of his treasured Cherry RC cola and three bottles of high protein ensure.

For a man well into his 80’s Joe was pretty spry. He still walked 2 or 3 miles a day, maybe only a mile if it was showing or pissing rain but still. He walked out his back door stopped and went back for his cell.

He approached Officer Steve from behind and called from a distance. “Howdy officer could you use an old Marine as reinforcement?”

Steve jumped but didn’t draw on the old guy. “Gez Joe ya scared me. “ Into his cell the officer said, “Chief Joe Brown just showed up loaded for bear. Ya. Ya. Will do. Ok Chief. Good luck.” To Joe. “Ok Marine you take a post here and watch down these three streets. ”

“Aye. Aye. I’m going to use this blasted phone thing to get more help.” With that Joe set his pack on the ground behind the engine block of the squad car. He opened his folding fish chair and set the rifle on the hood. He had a good view up North street, and down Cordis street that ran in front of the school. His view of Evans and High streets was less impressive.

He opened the hated cell phone. Much as he hated the damn thing it did keep his phone numbers handy. He dialed and it answered on the third ring. “ Dave you old coot you seeing stuff on tv? Yeh. Yeh. Yeh. Listen I’m down here at the school reinforcing the officer here. Grab that crazy space rifle of yours”, Joe called all rifles without wood stocks space rifles, “ and a pile of ammo and get your butt down here. Yes. Down here. You got the rosters for the Legion and VFW? Bring ‘em and yer cell. “

Over the next hour it went from one officer and one old marine to one officer and one old marine and one broken down sailor man to five guys and then ten. They were armed with everything from AR15 rifles to M1 Garands to rifle sighted deer shotguns. Mag limiting plugs were pulled from deer guns. A call to the VFW Hall brought six M1 Garands , the blank firing devices removed and run to Joe's house brought several cans of ammo.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

We looked down the river and we see'd the British come.
And there must have been a hundred of'em beatin' on the drum.
They stepped so high and they made the bugles ring.
We stood by our cotton bales and didn't say a thing.

Battle of New Orleans - Johnny Horton

The Chief called a high school classmate who ran a gravel pit and cement plant. "Chris I need a huge favor. Ya, Ya I know what's going on. Listen it's about the school. You can grab your daughters when we're done. Listen, remember when we talked about using your trucks if I ever need to block some roads? Good. I need Aten , North, Evans , High and Ostrum blocked off. Yeh. Like that. Soon as you can. Meet you on Towne street."

Chris hit the PTT on his Motorola cell - "Everyone in the mine and plant stop what you're doing and listen." He waited a second. "Listen, we've talked about blocking the streets with the rigs. We need to block the streets with the rigs. So dumps whatever you've close to fill up and head into town. I don't care what sand, CA-7, CA-9, oversize just whatever's close. Mixers just head into town as you are. Loaders roll on down to town once everyone is full. If you have a gun in your truck grab it on the way out. I'll meet you at Towne. Get moving." With that Chris opened the botton drawer in his desk a retrieved a Glock 17 and holster. He slipped it on and headed to his truck, racing the 5 miles to town.

Within 30 minutes they had the streets blocked. Each of the entrances to the school itself was blocked by a cement mixer or dump truck. When the loaders final lumbered into town they were parked further down the street providing defense in depth. Parents began to arrive and radio calls were made and children taken out to meet them.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Ayman and his team were tasked with a small country school. His plan was simple. Blow the doors open with grenades , run through the school shooting. Spend no more than two or three minutes inside and then leave. There were several homes near the school. They go inside and wait for police to arrive then attack the police from the rear and then allah willing speed off into the countryside. But at the moment they were three miles from the small town and behind a piece of construction equipment. The slow speed was maddening but the road was such that passing was impossible. Finally reaching the relatively wider streets of town he had the driver of their stolen Toyota pass the cursed tractor.

Following the GPS direction on the Microsoft Surface they went down Towne and turned onto North . One hundered feet ahead stood a dump truck blocking the road and a police SUV. His driver panicked and made a radical turn heading down North street the opposite direction and accelerating.

The Chief in the SUV looked up all his cop / spidy senses went not just to tingling but to full alert. He tore off after them. He started to call in on the radio but there was so much chatter. Instead he called on his cell to Officer Steve, "Hey I just had a car take one look at a barricade, pull a 'U-wey' and head out of town like a bat out of mecca. I'm heading west on north and out of town."

"Need backup?"

"Not just yet, might be a decoy - you get everyone heads up."

They raced out of town then North street actually turned North. The blasted past a cemetery and over a hill. The Toyota almost spun out trying to turn West on Duncan. The chief hit the emergency button on his radio the signal cut through the chatter and he got a report off to a dispatcher.

The Army National Guard was just getting stood up and a helicopter with a squad of men took off.

"Shoot him!" Ayman commanded.

The men in back found out the American rear windows didn't go down far enough so they used the rifle butts to break them out. Leaning out the window both men mag dumped into the SUV. It slowed and rolled to a stop steam pouring from the hood.

rednekrampager
Favorite Zombie Movies: Hell i love them all.

Post by rednekrampager » Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:11 pm

Great job so far..

Get off my lawn!!

jackorchuck
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Hord

Post by jackorchuck » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:51 pm

Great story, thanks.

wtr100

Post by wtr100 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:03 am

Rylie wasn’t feeling very adult just now. While he was 18 , almost 19 , and esteemed Freshman at Blackhawk College. He was on the way home when the first news came in. His mom was working at the hospital and dad was locked down at Komatsu. He’d managed a few texts to his parents. Everyone was ok so far. His brother Tim was at school, Dad told Ry to go to the school and walk Tim the three blocks home but the school wouldn’t let Tim out unless a parent was there. They offered to let Ryle in but he declined.

There were old guys with guns behind dump trucks , cement mixers and end loaders blocking the roads into the school. Ry asked them if he could help, of course they said no. Back at home Ry turned on the TV – the local Fox channel had gone wall to wall with coverage. All the channels were wall to wall. The news shifted to Bloomington. It was video from a helicopter, the auto plant down there had been hit by a plane and was burning.

Ry had gotten his Liberty Training Rifle out. It was a Ruger 10/22 with a Hogue Overmolded stock, bull barrel and C-More reflex sight. Ry had shot 247 out of 250 on his AQT test at an Appleseed’s Clinic. He had 4 factory Ruger 25 round magazines plus the stock 10 rounder. He had two bricks of hot Aquilla Interceptor ammo, one hollow point and one solid. He couldn’t decide which would be better penetration from the 40 grain solid or expansion from the 40 grain hollow point. He wished he had the combo to the big safe, there was an AR15 in there. Back to the dilemma of the .22 ammo, he decided to load a hollow point and a solid, hollow point and a solid.

He was getting hungry and thought about ‘reindeer dongs’ , actually venison hotdogs, in the deep freeze. It occurred to him the men guarding the school might be hungry too. So he got several packs out of the deep freeze and a big bag of frozen buns . He put the big pot on the stove to boil and to speed things up he put the frozen dongs er dogs in the microwave. Into a big soft side cooler he threw catsup, yellow and brown mustard, buns and hot dogs. He stuck magazines in his pockets , checked the 10/22 to see that it was loaded, sight on and safety on and slung it. Then it hit him – they’re going to be thirsty. In the garage he found his ‘off road’ little red wagon, with its oversize balloon tires. He loaded a couple cases of water and Mt Dew and the hot dog case and headed to the closest road block.

He spent the next two hours delivering hot dogs to grateful old guys. He was a sight to be seen 6’4” and 250 lbs pulling a little red wagon full of soda , water and hot dogs. The beauty of small town US was Ry was well known to the old guys. He caught good natured grief. “What no kraut?” “Where’s the onions?” But he got many thanks too.

At the barricade where Officer Steve was he asked, “Ahhh is that rifle loaded?”

“Maybeeee.”

“Listen you can’t run around town with a loaded rifle.”

“You are.”

“I’m a cop.”

“They’re not cops.”

Joe Brown piped up, “Lad’s got a point.”

“Yeh , I got a point. Wait, did you call me a lad?”

“Ok fine just don’t shoot anyone who doesn’t really need shooting, ok?”

“I can probably mange that.”

Sometime while he was delivering dinner the power went out. He could see some dim lights in windows and he could feel some eyes on him. He hadn’t gotten a call or a text since he started. He really hopped Dad would be home. He wasn’t. Ry sat down at the kitchen table and ate the last four lukewarm dogs with a coolish Mt Dew. He found the battery powered radio and headed to his room. He had his big ‘thinking chair’ and moved it to the window. It was a cool night but Ry opened it. From the chair he had a nice view down the alley. He st his extra magazines on the window sill with his phone. He tuned the radio to the talk station in Peoria and waited.

Ayman was sitting at a kitchen table on his Microsoft Surface reading while eating vegetable stew from a Halal MRE . Units were reporting in on a private internet forum. Posting their locations and plans. He was disappointed in his group so far. They had killed a single infidel police officer, then the old man and woman who he assumed owned the house. And of course the dog, the beast became enraged when they started to rape the woman.

He located two nearby groups. One had killed some Jews and burned their Synagogue with no injuries to themselves. Another was down to two men. They were killing infidels in a shopping when they started to shoot back. Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto may have been right, "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."

They opened a private chat. He told them of the school and barricades. What a glorious target the police would be even if they didn't make it to the school. Two full strength groups of Jehadi's would approach the school from across the baseball field from the north. The group of two would slip up an alley from the south and fire grenades at the school as a distraction. It was amazing as they chatted online using google earth to plot their moves.

-------

The generator was up and running at the school but Officer Steve had the outside lights killed. The national guard had rolled through in two Humvee's and left three soldiers with rifles, radios and best of all night vision. The Sgt placed his men on the roof and set up a command post of sorts with the school Principal, Superintendent and Officer Steve. There were men behind the barricades. The Guard Sgt had a few men moved to the Crow's nest overlooking the football field to the East and the announcer's booth overlooking the baseball field to the North.

Joe Brown had a relatively comfortable seat in the baseball announcer's booth. We it should be, he's donated the money to buy it. It was supposed to be a secret but he knew once he passed they we're going to rename it Joe Brown Memorial Field. He make a mental note to talk to his lawyer. Maybe they could call it Veteran's Fields and just named the announcers booth after him.

Over the radio he heard "Everyone heads up the guard guys might see something to the North."

-------

Ry sat bolt upright. He thought he saw something in the ally. He did see something. His heart was racing. Though it was dark the 3/4 moon and hours in the dark to night adapt his eyes meant he could see pretty well. Were they neighbors patrolling? They didn't move like neighbors he thought. Should he shoot them? Could he shoot them?

They stopped and one of the men turned a little. Those were AK's and one of them had a grenade launcher. Ry raised his rifle and put the 8 mil red dot right in the center of the man with the grenade launcher's back. He squeezed the trigger and nothing. He jerked the trigger and nothing. SAFETY his mind screamed and he clicked it off. Then his first shot broke. He hit the man low in the back directly on the spine. The little 40 grain bullet at a higher than normal 1,400 feet per second shattered the vertebrate and itself destroying then nerve. The man's knees buckled immediately and he pitched forward. Ry's next shot was one in a million. It struck the actual GP-25 grenade launcher and caused it to discharge. The rifles was pointed downward at a shallow angle. The grenade hit the pavement 20 feet ahead and skipped up sailing down the alley where it went off with a tremendous roar.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Joe heard the boom and jumped. Over the radio he heard. "Movement on the ball field hit the lights."

Officer Steve relaying from the National Guard meant the baseball field lights but both the baseball and football field lights switched on. The lights took a while to warm so the initial light was a dull orange. There just outside the right field fence were 4 men with AK rifles. Joe raised the Garand and shot one hitting him just below the belly button. He gave a hideous scream and fell in a ball. Joe tried to shoot a second man and missed. A thing shot struck a now moving man in the knee utterly destroying it. The two remaining men made it to the cover , actualy with an M1 Garand it was more concealment, of the visitors dug out. Joe kept pouring in the fire when the distinctive 'ping' of an ejecting clip was heard he calm slid a fresh one in.

From the football crow's nest Dave could see his friend was pouring fire onto the dug out so he flipped the safety off is AR15 and followed suit.

What they didn't see was the group of four islamists moving down the left field fence. The man with the grenade launcher kneeled and fired a high explosive grenade into the baseball crow's nest, killing Joe Brown instantly.

The group on the left field fence was cut down in a hail of M2 ball ammo from the Garands and deer slugs from the men on the North Street barricade. The men in the dugout opened fire on the men at the North Street. One man was injured. The national guard Sergeant slipped up and hand threw his own grenade into the dugout ending the fight at the school.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

The exploding grenade in the alley woke Rodger. He was in his kitchen with his rifle sighted Browning Auto 5 shotgun. He'd pulled the plug so it had 5 rounds and one chambered. He wished he had some deer slugs but was out. What he did that were some crazy expensive Hevi- Coyo-T rounds. These were beastly 3" magnums with 2 oz on T size shot, over 100 .20 caliber pellets.

In the alley outside the kitchen window he saw a man mag dumping into the neighbor's house.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Ry rolled out of the 'thinking chair' and onto the floor. Bullets tore through the walls.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Rodger fired the shotgun from 60 feet away. Unconsciously he was so threat focused he actually at the rifle. The cloud of tungsten and iron pellets utterly destroyed both the rifle and the islamists left arm. A second round to the head and body silenced the screaming.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

223shootersc

Re: Mumbai meets Midwest - continuing - updated 12/3

Post by 223shootersc » Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:41 pm

Thanks, good writings

rednekrampager
Favorite Zombie Movies: Hell i love them all.

Post by rednekrampager » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:27 pm

Great stuff. Boom-Boom & another goat raper bites the dust.

Get off my lawn!!

Nancy1340

Re: Mumbai meets Midwest - is this worth continuing?

Post by Nancy1340 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:23 pm

Spazzy wrote:
hondo wrote:
Spazzy wrote:Heh if it was someplace like Texas or Virginia the shooting back might start almost immediately... LOL
Nope, in reality people first wait on those whose job is to take care of the problem until problem is in their front yard literally.

Some people wait... Then there are those of us who purposely do NOT carry because we know we would shoot first and ask questions later.
As a wise man once told me "Know thyself." I'm sure one way or another I'd end up in prison if I carried.... Even after three anger management classes... :roll: Though when I hunt or just plink targets it's a whole different mindset. Yeah its weird. I don't get it either. But I have ZERO tolerance for people, or machinery...

People and machinery? And yet you don't run over people in your car do you? :lol:

Spazzy

Re: Mumbai meets Midwest - is this worth continuing?

Post by Spazzy » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:12 am

Nancy1340 wrote:
Spazzy wrote:
hondo wrote:
Spazzy wrote:Heh if it was someplace like Texas or Virginia the shooting back might start almost immediately... LOL
Nope, in reality people first wait on those whose job is to take care of the problem until problem is in their front yard literally.

Some people wait... Then there are those of us who purposely do NOT carry because we know we would shoot first and ask questions later.
As a wise man once told me "Know thyself." I'm sure one way or another I'd end up in prison if I carried.... Even after three anger management classes... :roll: Though when I hunt or just plink targets it's a whole different mindset. Yeah its weird. I don't get it either. But I have ZERO tolerance for people, or machinery...

People and machinery? And yet you don't run over people in your car do you? :lol:
People? No, not yet anyway. :mrgreen: But I have been known to "accidentally bump" a car in a parking lot now and then with my truck...
Overheard at my USN retirement ceremony....
"So he's not a team player then?"
"You mean Spazz...? Hes not even a fan of the team."

DAVE KI
Favorite Zombie Movies: WWZ though nowhere as good as the book.

Post by DAVE KI » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:01 pm

This is really great wtr keep up the great writing!
"We'll Fight Them, Sir!, Until Hell Freezes Over, And Then We'll Fight Them On The Ice! Sir!

Aikibiker

Post by Aikibiker » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:26 pm

Just as a follow up to the earlier discussion we had about the GP-25 grenade launcher here is some video footage from the recent fighting in Grozny showing a GP-25 being fired and it's effects on target in teh same frame:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIC2lI2Exys#t=235

Joel

wtr100

Re: Mumbai meets Midwest - question for the class 12/9

Post by wtr100 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:45 am

how complicated would it be for a group to break into a county jail and let the dirtbags inside loose?

Not specific persons - just a general jail break ...

I suspect it would be rather hard to do even with an armed break-in

Aikibiker

Post by Aikibiker » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:55 am

wtr100 wrote:how complicated would it be for a group to break into a county jail and let the dirtbags inside loose?

Given that there are few if any firearms immediately available to the Corrections Officers the only problems would be the physical barriers in place and there are a variety of power tools that can get around those guite easily.

The big question is, why would foreign jihadis break a bunch of American scumbags out of jail? Jihadi types don't really like regular criminals unlike the leftist terrorists of the 60's and 70's that saw criminals as victims of the bourgeoisie class and thus friends of the people.

Joel

wtr100

Post by wtr100 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:09 am

why is a good question - maybe just mean spiritedness - maybe for the distraction it would cause -

the Jail I'm thinking of it co-located on the same 'campus' as the sheriff's office

not sure I'm ready to go down this road ...

Murphman
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Murphman » Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:10 pm

wtr100 wrote:how complicated would it be for a group to break into a county jail and let the dirtbags inside loose?

County jails are typically not full of hardened criminals that might create havoc if let out. Heck, most of them would probably fight jihadists if they came in as most of them messed up, know they messed up and want to serve their time.

Maximum security prisons, while having the types of felons that would fit the bill, have much better defenses from both outside (walls of razor wire, towers and concrete walls/barriers) and inside (guards with semi-auto weaponry, snipers and riot squads). Most prisoners are individually housed to be controlled easier, with only a few communal areas that are many times heavily defended.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incarcerat ... ity_levels

I don't think that it is a viable idea for a few teams of 4, or even a group of 20+. There is no possible way for the jihadists to know the reception, and could be a complete waste of time.
"If you are prepped for pandemic flu, you are more than prepped for Ebola. And pandemic flu is hella more likely, that's the one that scares me, personally." - Duodecima...and she's a freaking doctor. What are you?

Spazzy

Post by Spazzy » Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:16 pm

Could be an interesting dynamic to see them get in and cause some havok only to have the guards eventually team with the inmates and put them down though.

Aikibiker

Post by Aikibiker » Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:43 pm

The jail I worked at had an armory in the vehicle sally port where the cops would bring in new prisoners. There were ready weapons for officers transporting inmates to court or the hospital in lockers next to the armory door. The keys for both were stored behind a locked door in intake, the LT had the key to that door and it took about 10 minutes on a normal day to get your key, get out in the sally port and get armed up.

Additionally there was one guard tower overlooking the rec yard that would have a rifle armed officer on it only while the inmates were outside.

Inside the facility the various sections were separated by barred gates or heavy metal doors. These were either opened by the control room remotely or by an officer at his duty station about 25 yards from the door using an electric switch.

Inmates were housed in pods, basically buildings inside the jail facility and separated from the hallways and officer's stations by a solid door leading to a sally port with a barred gate leading into the cell block. Cell doors were heavy guage sheet steel with a barred window cut into the top half.

ALL doors except the exterior entrance to the lobby opened by sliding sideways on a track. There were no hinges.

The controls for the doors in the control room were very complex. The gates under officer control could actually be jammed by leaving the switch set to the closed position.

Getting through these physical barriers would take portable cutting torches and a lot of gas or a gas powered saw with diamond cutting wheels. It would be possible to open the inmate cells electronically from each pod's officer's station, but the jihadis would be unlikely to know how.

Basic correctional facility design is made to make breaking inmates out very time consuming so that outside help can arrive before all the layers of security are breached. Corrections Officers are in my experience trained well at marksmanship but have no training in actually fighting with firearms and no access to them normally.

Police and Sheriff stations are generally unmanned during a shift except during a briefing and are in fact the last place I would go to find a cop normally. Command and admin staff such as the chief would likely be there during regular business hours.

There were no plans for an active shooter event like in your story when I was employed, but I am sure some thought has been given to it since Mumbai. A reasonable plan would be to lock down all inmates in their cells and arm the CO's with weapons from the armory. There would probably not be enough to go around, but many of my co workers had weapons in their cars.

I doubt they would go as far as creating fighting positions or strong points, but it is your story.

Joel

Spazzy

Post by Spazzy » Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:48 am

I have a buddy who works for the federal prison system out in CA, I asked him once how they dealt with officers weapons and inmates and he told me it is probably easier getting into a super model's pants than it is to get a gun checked out for use at the prison.

Return to “Fiction”