Help yourself... or don't.

Zombie or Post Apocalyptic themed fiction/stories.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

nathat

Re: Help yourself... or don't.

Post by nathat » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:53 am

I like the twists at the end. I think you just have to be careful not to become a one trick pony, because as I've read each of your stories I'm looking for the "twist" at the end. They work great for short stories and are very fun to read.

DannusMaximus
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by DannusMaximus » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:02 pm

Spazzy, just revisited this thread when I saw the other two short stories. Nicely done, amigo!
Holmes: "You have arms, I suppose?
Watson: "Yes, I thought it as well to take them."
Holmes: "Most certainly! Keep your revolver near you night and day, and never relax your precautions..."

- The Hound of the Baskervilles

Mr. E. Monkey

Post by Mr. E. Monkey » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:07 am

nathat wrote:I like the twists at the end. I think you just have to be careful not to become a one trick pony, because as I've read each of your stories I'm looking for the "twist" at the end. They work great for short stories and are very fun to read.
So, basically, never go full Shyamalan? :awesome:
SMoAF wrote:'Tis better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness.
Beowolf wrote:Disasters are terrifying, but people are stupid.
wee drop o' bush wrote:THE EVIL MONKEY HAS WON THE INTERNETS! :lol: Image

nathat

Post by nathat » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:12 am

Mr. E. Monkey wrote:
nathat wrote:I like the twists at the end. I think you just have to be careful not to become a one trick pony, because as I've read each of your stories I'm looking for the "twist" at the end. They work great for short stories and are very fun to read.
So, basically, never go full Shyamalan? :awesome:
Exactly

Spazzy

Post by Spazzy » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:02 pm

Thanks guys, all comments are appreciated! At least it shows stuff is being read lol!
Overheard at my USN retirement ceremony....
"So he's not a team player then?"
"You mean Spazz...? Hes not even a fan of the team."

Zimmy
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days later, Return of the Living Dead

Post by Zimmy » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:20 pm

Btw, it's time for MOAR
Boldly going nowhere

maldon007
Favorite Zombie Movies: Most of the older stuff, newer stuff just doesnt cut it fsr...

Post by maldon007 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:55 pm

Tagged for later perusal.

Spazzy

Post by Spazzy » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:03 am

Another short: (I'm bored at work, only took about 30 min to hash out)

The end of the world was only three days ago and attacks were a constant threat now, they constantly had to be on guard. It was wearing them down and their ranks only seemed to keep getting thinner and thinner. They lost dozens in the first day alone and that was from only a few of the undead. She was on guard duty and watched as everyone else kept busy repairing the walls in what seemed like a futile attempt to keep the zombies out and everyone inside safe. Scouts were out, not only gathering much needed food and building materials, but also keeping an eye on the area to try to give advance warning if another attack was imminent.

She noticed a very tired, overworked scout came back carrying all the food she could haul and told the waiting group the news of more food they could get at a house not far to the east. The group intently paid attention to every last detail of the route and any dangers along the way. Five of them immediately left to see if they could all secure some more food. The guards at the main gate all only spared a few glances at them as they moved off, intent on their surveillance for threats, weapons at the ready, watching for any movement indicating another attack on the base.

All of them were working tirelessly to do what they could, everyone had a job and jumped to it. Everybody was too amped up after the first day and that single attack, that attack had showed them all just how bad it was going to be in the very near future. With what seemed like more and more zombies roaming around every hour it was inevitable, and plainly obvious to everyone who made it through that first day, as to just how this was all going to end. Even though everyone was tired, and afraid, they still pressed on. What else could they do? They had dozens of children inside to protect after all.

She watched her sector carefully, but still looked around at the others moving here and there quietly, all of them coordinated in rebuilding whatever defenses they could that they had lost three days ago. A decent portion of it had been repaired, but the effort was overwhelming them. And the thought kept running through her head that it might not be enough anyway.

Suddenly she spotted movement in the distance. She focused her attention on it and alerted the other guards nearby. It looked like another attack was going to happen whether they were ready or not. Not if she had anything to say about it, damned if she was going to lay down and die and not try to defend their home. She readied her spear and charged towards the attacker with the other guards close behind her.

The zombie saw movement and jerkily staggered towards it knowing movement meant food. In life it had been a teen male pizza delivery driver, and not a very good one either. He was somehow still wearing his hat and the kitchen apron with that shitty and stupidly drawn logo that his boss was so proud of. Now the apron was not just covered in spilled flour and pizza sauce though. The stupid looking thing was also covered in blood, his own blood from the attack that got him when he snuck outside to smoke, and also the blood of two others in the pizza kitchen he had attacked when he reanimated. The last thing his boss had seen was that awful logo on the hat as the zombie ripped his guts out and ate them like the meatballs drenched in sauce they sold, but with less screaming... Well, with less screaming than usual anyway, at least the meal was hot this time. Poetic justice was served thank-you-very-much. The pizza zombie got closer and saw the activity clearly now. But defenders had started pouring out of the gate. He didn't care, he was hungry...

She charged at the zombie and stabbed him right in the face, missing his right eye by the space of half an inch. The zombie didn't even seem to notice. She stabbed again and again, the other guards finally coming to her aid.

The zombie kept coming. When he got to the wall he smashed his fist right through it and grabbed for any defenders in reach.

When it was over the only thing left was an angry cloud of a few dozen wasps that were too fast to catch and eat.

Mr. E. Monkey

Post by Mr. E. Monkey » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:27 pm

Wasps...I actually cheered for the zombie, a little. :rofl:
SMoAF wrote:'Tis better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness.
Beowolf wrote:Disasters are terrifying, but people are stupid.
wee drop o' bush wrote:THE EVIL MONKEY HAS WON THE INTERNETS! :lol: Image

Nancy1340

Post by Nancy1340 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:02 pm

Good one Spaz. Thanks :lol:

Spazzy

Post by Spazzy » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:24 am

Wow 2261 views.... cool. lol

Johan

Post by Johan » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:50 am

Thank you!
Good stories, all of them!!

On the first one you totally got me with the first ending..

On the second I wasn't surprised att all when it turned out to be "consensual bondage games"..
(You have to Some fun when you are stuck indoors!!)

On the rhino I figured early on that the "person" was an animal, and from
Spazzy wrote:as it tried to bite through the tough leather he was wearing.
my guess was that it was a rhino..

And with the Wasps you got me again!!
(didn't have a clue untill the last sentence...)

Mooaaar!!!!!
Please.
Firepower...
-Is One Bullet that Hits!

Spazzy

Post by Spazzy » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:33 pm

Office Hero...

He was sitting in his cubicle, wasting time as a typical Govt employee, surfing the net, bored out of his mind, just waiting for the clock to read 5pm.

Suddenly there was a commotion in the breakroom down the hall. Some crashing and a feminine voice yelling "Get away from me! HELP!"

He Jumped up, without removing his card from his PC which is a violation, and ran down the hall hoping to score some points with the woman for "saving" her, whoever she was. "Might even get lucky! I hope she's one of the cute ones..." He thought to himself. He was bigger than most men in the office, and ex-military, so even though he was out of practice he knew whatever was going on, whoever it was, he was going to get steamrolled.

He got there in 20 seconds flat and saw a man attacking a woman near the fridge. "BINGO!" He thought, a cutie! He rushed over like a charging bull, grabbed the guy by the shoulder, and spun him around, fist raised, ready to smash his face in saying "What the hell do you think yer....."

He watched as the guy spun, his legs not spinning with him, instead he twisted, lost his balance, and fell right onto him, surprising them both as they fell on the floor.

The next surprise was when the attacking guy ripped a huge hole in his neck with his damn teeth! FUCK that hurt!

His last thought as he bled out was "Shit, she was cute too."

Spazzy

Post by Spazzy » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:36 pm

Now, since that didn't ACTUALLY happen and I'm STILL stuck in this damn cubicle...

SOMEONE ELSE WRITE SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!

:rofl: :vmad: :mrgreen:

Return to “Fiction”