The Dead at Destitute Mountain

Zombie or Post Apocalyptic themed fiction/stories.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

teotwaki
ZS Member
ZS Member

Re: The Dead at Destitute Mountain

Post by teotwaki » Wed May 04, 2016 12:10 pm

Damon and Hannah are gonna' be road kill!

My adventures and pictures are on my blog http://suntothenorth.blogspot.com

TheWarriorMax
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by TheWarriorMax » Wed May 04, 2016 7:55 pm

Awesome!
"And how can a man die better,
than facing fearful odds,
for the ashes of his fathers,
and the temples of his gods".

Buy "The Kingdom of Saudi Australia" on kindle:

https://tinyurl.com/y9jhv6y4

absinthe beginner
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead

Post by absinthe beginner » Wed May 04, 2016 8:35 pm

A most excellent update, TB. Self-sacrifice is such a potent theme...if one must die in the PAW, it is good to die well in defense of one's comrades, and ideally take a few evil bastards with you....

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Post by Halfapint » Wed May 04, 2016 8:48 pm

Hot shit! We got a fantastic update and none of us had to beg or threaten!!! Buhahahaha! Thanks TB!
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

91Eunozs
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: All of them!

Post by 91Eunozs » Wed May 04, 2016 11:27 pm

:clap:

Thanks for moar goodnight story!
Molon Latte...come & take our coffee order
Doctorr Fabulous wrote:... It's fun to play pretend, but this is the internet, and it's time to be serious.
zengunfighter wrote:... you don't want to blow a tranny in the middle of a pursuit...
woodsghost wrote:... A defensive gun without training is basically a talisman. It might ward off evil, but I wouldn't count on it.

selen

Post by selen » Thu May 05, 2016 7:52 am

Halfapint wrote:Hot shit! We got a fantastic update and none of us had to beg or threaten!!! Buhahahaha! Thanks TB!
:D :lol:

teotwaki
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by teotwaki » Thu May 05, 2016 1:53 pm

Halfapint wrote:Hot shit! We got a fantastic update and none of us had to beg or threaten!!! Buhahahaha! Thanks TB!
Yeah, the helicopter gunship orbiting his house was completely unrelated to his sudden motivation to post!

absinthe beginner

Post by absinthe beginner » Thu May 05, 2016 6:02 pm

Halfapint said: Hot shit! We got a fantastic update and none of us had to beg or threaten!!! Buhahahaha! Thanks TB!
From April 11th: TB, if we don't have an update by sundown tomorrow, I'm unleashing these oddly terrifying creatures against you....

http://imgur.com/gallery/7vCr1UW
Never underestimate the coercive power of ducklings in small groups....

Nature_Lover

Post by Nature_Lover » Fri May 06, 2016 11:18 am

Thank you Tinderbox. I love it.
I've been reading this story for three years, and I keep coming back.
Thanks for sharing your gift with us, you are one hell of a writer. :)

Chad1387

Post by Chad1387 » Tue May 10, 2016 7:34 pm

...yeah no...
This one felt cruel. You're playing with our addiction and our emotions here... I mean, just when we're getting used to infrequent but long and glorious additions to the story, you give us a (relative to recent history) super fast addition. An addition very much needed and appreciated especially since you left such a powerful cliffhanger with Acker and the April post... BUT it is so short! SOOOO SHORT. And this cliffhanger might well be worse than the first.
All I'm saying is that you're being cruel. My brain has come to a point where it expects your writings in the same way it expects alcohol: I don't drink frequently enough to be an addicted alcoholic (redundant, I know), instead I go with binge drinking (5 or more drinks within 2 hr period) every few months...
And now, barely a month is passing and you're already giving me more.... but not enough to binge on...

I could've waited.
I could've waited a good month or two...
...but now I'm thirsty. I'm thirsty and I'm already done reading and I haven't even made it to the dance floor yet...

absinthe beginner

Post by absinthe beginner » Thu May 12, 2016 10:03 pm

My brain has come to a point where it expects your writings in the same way it expects alcohol: I don't drink frequently enough to be an addicted alcoholic (redundant, I know), instead I go with binge drinking (5 or more drinks within 2 hr period) every few months...
Be careful, brother. Had a school friend who engaged in "periodic" binge drinking after his divorce, only the intervals between each binge got more and more compressed over time and gradually he just sank into full blown alcoholism. I'd like to to tell you he was able to turn things around, but that's not how it ended.

teotwaki
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by teotwaki » Thu May 12, 2016 10:25 pm

absinthe beginner wrote:Be careful, brother. Had a school friend who engaged in "periodic" binge drinking after his divorce, only the intervals between each binge got more and more compressed over time and gradually he just sank into full blown alcoholism. I'd like to to tell you he was able to turn things around, but that's not how it ended.
So your friend became a drunk author in the tradition of Poe, Fitzgerald and Capote?? :mrgreen:

selen

Post by selen » Sun May 15, 2016 12:35 pm

Today is the third anniversary of The Dead at Destitute Mountain :D :clap: :clap: :clap:

Sheriff McClelland

Post by Sheriff McClelland » Sun May 15, 2016 12:42 pm

selen wrote:Today is the third anniversary of The Dead at Destitute Mountain :clap:

What a ride 8-) :!: 8-) :!:
"Yeah, they're dead. They're all messed up. "

azrancher

Post by azrancher » Sun May 15, 2016 1:33 pm

selen wrote:Today is the third anniversary of The Dead at Destitute Mountain
Yes it is the 3rd anniversary, and please note that nobody really saw Michael, get killed, I suspect that he may show up soon.

Rancher

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Post by Halfapint » Sun May 15, 2016 5:08 pm

selen wrote:Today is the third anniversary of The Dead at Destitute Mountain :D :clap: :clap: :clap:
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! 3 years?!!??! My my, how time flies when reading a good story! I may have to go through and copy all the updates into my phone note pad so I can read it all over again from the beginning!

As always Tinderbox this is the best story hands down that I have ever read. It even beats the book that I've read front to back over 2 dozen times.
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

akraven

Post by akraven » Sun May 15, 2016 5:20 pm

Thanks for the update TB. It hard to believe it has been going for 3 years but you are doing a great job!

91Eunozs
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: All of them!

Post by 91Eunozs » Sun May 15, 2016 7:26 pm

Happy Anniversary TB.... What a great testament to your writing that after all this time your fans are just as eager as day 1!

Now...how about some moar to celebrate!
Molon Latte...come & take our coffee order
Doctorr Fabulous wrote:... It's fun to play pretend, but this is the internet, and it's time to be serious.
zengunfighter wrote:... you don't want to blow a tranny in the middle of a pursuit...
woodsghost wrote:... A defensive gun without training is basically a talisman. It might ward off evil, but I wouldn't count on it.

naanders94gt

Post by naanders94gt » Sat May 21, 2016 12:06 pm

azrancher wrote:
Yes it is the 3rd anniversary, and please note that nobody really saw Michael, get killed, I suspect that he may show up soon.

Rancher
This. Just sayin nobody saw him die.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Chad1387

Post by Chad1387 » Mon May 23, 2016 6:31 pm

naanders94gt wrote:
azrancher wrote:

Rancher
This. Just sayin nobody saw him die.

LoL. It'd be too much work to go back through the pages searching for that scene to read it again... but I think I remember reading it over a couple times to be sure there was no shadow of a doubt... then again I think it is correct to say we never technically saw him die...

But what about Lucas?! I miss Lucas...

teotwaki
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by teotwaki » Mon May 23, 2016 7:24 pm

No, Michael isn't coming back...

Tinderbox wrote:-----snipped---- Marnie watched the red truck driving back and forth in front of the house. She saw two guys standing there for some reason when they should have been running, facing down twenty or thirty RDs with twice as many coming out of the house. Mr. Molotov cocktail was driving, making pass after pass, mowing down RDs when he should have been driving his friends away from the house. She didn’t see the little girl anywhere. They had probably left her all alone somewhere. But they were cold and dead inside, she told herself. They didn’t care about a little girl left all alone.

She was feeling numb, like all of her thoughts, all her feelings, all the moments of her life had been used up. She sat there with her hands on the wheel, staring at the scene being played out in front of her in the dull shine of her headlights until the red truck came to a stop across the entrance to the garage. And then it was like Mr. Molotov was just daring her.

Marnie stomped down hard on the gas pedal and her truck shot forward.

The truck (Michaels) had been resting at a tilt across the opening to the garage, its left tires raised up on a pile of dead bodies. When Marnie Cramlington rammed into it, the Ford turned over on its right side, spilling the entire contents of the truck bed. Most of the fuel containers in the back had taken a beating since the world had ended and their plastic caps were no longer as tight fitting as they had once been. The same was true for the two fifty-five gallon drums. Every one of the containers flew out to crash with force against the floor and walls of the garage. Most split open to paint the interior with splashed ethanol, filling the air inside with fumes and tiny droplets. A spark from beneath the hood of Michael’s truck was all it took.

The fire ball engulfed the garage, blowing open the back door and sending tongues of flame up into the second level through the holes in the floor. Flames spewed out around the two trucks, rising to engulf the deck above and roasting the corpses there. Like an enormous furnace, the inferno sucked in air through the garage and breathed hot gasses upwards, filling the rest of the house with a hellish heat that rose to escape through the cupola on top. Inside it was a crematorium. Outside, the flames seared the ground around the building and set the tattered, grimy clothing that still clung to the remaining dead to smolder.
And this from the Author, two years ago
Tinderbox wrote:Truth be told, I've been neglecting writing for some time, but I'll post a little of what I do have. Sorry to say, I've abandoned the idea of doing an alternate ending to the first part. I still have to go back and rewrite it, but I'm afraid no one's comin' back from the dead. :|

Tinderbox, we need MOAR

jeepinbandtrider

Post by jeepinbandtrider » Tue May 24, 2016 4:45 pm

Hope those two backstabbing mofos get what's coming to them. :vmad:

naanders94gt

Post by naanders94gt » Thu May 26, 2016 7:58 pm

Moar!!! And as above what of poor Lucas?

selen

Post by selen » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:55 am

Come on TB moar updates please please please :D :clownshoes:

Return to “Fiction”