Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Space Jockey
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead
Land of the Dead
Dawn of the Dead 2004
Night of the Living Dead

Bio-degradable targets

Post by Space Jockey » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:02 pm

Talking with my uncle recently, and he mentioned that sometimes he uses eggs as targets out where he lives. Biodegradable for one, the animals eat the remains and it doesn't take long for everything else to break down. I often tend to use standard shotgun targets at different ranges so you see a reaction knowing they were hit (not needing binoculars to tell if you made a hit), as well as them being bio-degradable. Pricing on the shotgun targets is less than eggs, but the eggs provide a smaller more challenging target overall. Plus if I was a little animal, I'd hate chewing on one of those small little orange flecks from the shotgun targets and finding out it wasn't food. Not really the best idea for paying ranges as they don't want animals walking up on you during training, but its an interesting alternative I've never heard of before. Anyone ever use them like this? Hard-boiled or uncooked?
Fortis fortuna adiuvat

Gun control isn't about guns, it's about control.

wagdhead

Re: Bio-degradable targets

Post by wagdhead » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:12 pm

Buy the biodegradable clays and you are fine. The only animals that are really affected by standard clay pigeons are hogs/pigs.

We use corncobs as well as clays.
The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.
H. L. Mencken

osagemarine

Post by osagemarine » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:40 pm

corn tortills work good.

Figs and Bacon
Favorite Zombie Movies: Glitter!

Post by Figs and Bacon » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:49 pm

osagemarine wrote:corn tortills work good.
Brilliant!

Dawgboy
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the dead, Fido

Post by Dawgboy » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:19 am

So if you want to get all green and shizz while out shooting up the landscape with lead... Consider these as a pretty good target base. I have used them and they can take a pretty good pounding before breaking up, and will absorb a hell of a lot of .22. Easy to transport too. I get mine at the local dixieline.

Coco fiber block
http://www.hydroponics.net/i/134607
shrapnel wrote:Dawgboy, please refrain from stirring shit for the sole purpose of stirring shit.
[ZS/]# .40/Pie/CERT/Wireless...
My homebrew stove kit
IMPROVED Solar Redneck Hot tub
Dawgvan
Chupa Chihuahua
GHB

Return to “Training”