Good Single Action Revolvers

Handgun, Pistol and Revolver topics

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

klrvagabond

Re: Good Single Action Revolvers

Post by klrvagabond » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:18 am

Cimarron's good stuff, and those conversions do look pretty sweet. The Rugers are a little more practical, but that's certainly not the only thing that matters. :)

smokestack
BANNED
Favorite Zombie Movies: ALL

Post by smokestack » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:24 pm

Wrangler wrote:
smokestack wrote:
Wrangler wrote:Well I just ordered a Cimarron Man with No Name 1851 Conversion. I'll let you know how it holds up against the Ruger.
it wont :(
It is my new favorite. Read my above post about trading in my ruger :-)
you should call and try to trade back...im kidding really. keep us posted on how it goes with the Cimarron, in just too narrow minded when it comed to Rugers.
YOUR GONNA NEED A BIGGER BOAT....

smokestack
BANNED

Post by smokestack » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:26 pm

klrvagabond wrote:Cimarron's good stuff, and those conversions do look pretty sweet. The Rugers are a little more practical, but that's certainly not the only thing that matters. :)
well my wife has some good stuff and she looks pretty sweet too...shes not very practical at times..hmmmm may i should trade her lol... :twisted:

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:06 pm

smokestack wrote:
klrvagabond wrote:Cimarron's good stuff, and those conversions do look pretty sweet. The Rugers are a little more practical, but that's certainly not the only thing that matters. :)
well my wife has some good stuff and she looks pretty sweet too...shes not very practical at times..hmmmm may i should trade her lol... :twisted:
I like my many, many, many Rugers, but....

If Sturm Ruger ever tried to build a woman, the concept would look like Lynda Carter......But the finished product would most likely resemble Nell Carter. :gonk:

I keed, I keed. :D
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.
Sumdood wrote:Welcome to 2020. I would list all the rules here, but there are too many and most of them are made up as we go. Just be prepared to be punished for something.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

Wrangler
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland

Post by Wrangler » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:53 pm

Lol to be clear I traded the Ruger Old Vaquero for a Taylor's and Company (another Uberti Importer) Navy 1871 38 Sp w/ 5.5 inch barrel. I think it will pair up nicely with my man with no name. Both have the brass frame and octagon barrels. Pictures of both pistols will be posted tomorrow after I pick up the new pistol tomorrow afternoon. I'm excited. :awesome:
When I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I take along Samuel Colt...

Wrangler
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland

Post by Wrangler » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:46 pm

They make one good looking pair.

When I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I take along Samuel Colt...

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:32 pm

That is a nice pair. Just make sure your wedges are installed "gudentite".
Sumdood wrote:Welcome to 2020. I would list all the rules here, but there are too many and most of them are made up as we go. Just be prepared to be punished for something.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

huntingohio

Post by huntingohio » Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:35 pm

RickOShea wrote:
smokestack wrote:

If Sturm Ruger ever tried to build a woman, the concept would look like Lynda Carter......But the finished product would most likely resemble Nell Carter. :gonk:

If the built her like there revolvers, she might come out pretty hot, but if its like there semi autos... I imagine a russain turnip farmer

klrvagabond

Post by klrvagabond » Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:55 pm

huntingohio wrote:
RickOShea wrote:
smokestack wrote:

If the built her like there revolvers, she might come out pretty hot, but if its like there semi autos... I imagine a russain turnip farmer
Ruger's single actions are pretty good looking; they're just 'big-boned'. :)

huntingohio

Post by huntingohio » Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:03 pm

some of us like our ladies big boned!

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:44 pm

I think a little variety is the "spice"....

smokestack
BANNED

Post by smokestack » Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:58 pm

huntingohio wrote:some of us like our ladies big boned!
and some ladies like to get big boned.....i know i know this is wayyyyy off topic..but i couldnt help it :twisted:

Doctorr Fabulous
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Evil Dead, Zombieland, 28 Days/Weeks Later

Post by Doctorr Fabulous » Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:55 pm

I like my pistols like I like my men: sleek, tough, and European. That said, the Webley is the classic body builder on my list, with its barrel chest and raw power. I keep looking for one of the MkIVs with the .45ACP mod (milling the back of the cylinder to accept moon clips) solely because I think that all else aside, they are cool.
Opinions subject to change in light of new information.
http://i.imgur.com/wG6ZMjE.jpg

brothaman

Post by brothaman » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:04 am

RickOShea wrote:I think a little variety is the "spice"....
\m/-_-\m/ The Birdhead is sooo choice...

My deal fell through on the Uberti,.. I would have rather had a .38 anyway. You were right about the grip. It felt a little awkward.

I'm going to build a 1858 Remington .36 with a Kirst cylinder. I wonder if I could do one in 44 special? Pressures are about the same at 38 Special... I'll have to research it.
It stops being funny when it starts being you.

Return to “Handguns”