Glock modifications

Handgun, Pistol and Revolver topics

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Equuleus

Glock modifications

Post by Equuleus » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:56 pm

*I did perform a quick and dirty search but only came up with this: http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... s#p1230663" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; *

Does anyone know of a list of Glock modifications? I am looking for more of a comparison between the different springs/connector combinations and not grip mods, mag releases, etc. Something along the lines of how the H&K LEM spring changes effect trigger weight. My understanding is that the different connectors change the set/reset point on Glocks in addition to the trigger weight (I may be wrong here), so anything that explains this would be helpful.

KentsOkay
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead

Re: Glock modifications

Post by KentsOkay » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:28 pm

The only mod on the only Glock I'd ever own would be a Lone Wolf slide for 10mm, maybe a barrel. I'm pretty sure the consensus with glocks is "Dont Fuck with Them"
0122358 wrote:so we moved a thread to maintain OPSEC on a fictional vid game so our team doesnt get kill as easily by possible spies...fuckin sweet

Unofficial FB for ZSC XXX http://www.facebook.com/groups/156431031119773

Thirsty

Post by Thirsty » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:03 pm

I wouldnt say "dont fuck with them", more along the lines of, "you dont have to fuck with them." There's plenty of new tech to make them run even better.

Jeff Quinn of Gunblast suggests a DPM Recoil Reducing Guide Rod System, though I have no personal experience with it.

My buddy added a Ghost Inc trigger connector on his 19 and that thing is now awesome. Not sure which one though. It required some filing and fitting, but runs even better. The reset is spectacular.

Equuleus

Glock modifications

Post by Equuleus » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:09 pm

KentsOkay wrote:The only mod on the only Glock I'd ever own would be a Lone Wolf slide for 10mm, maybe a barrel. I'm pretty sure the consensus with glocks is "Dont Fuck with Them"
I'm looking less for main part changes and more for the different options for the trigger springs / connectors. Such as how will the trigger change with a NY1 trigger spring with a Dot Connector vs switching out a NY2 trigger spring or a 3.5 Connector.

I have very little intention of changing any parts, but would like access to the information to better understand what it does and how it functions.

Velociryan

Post by Velociryan » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:13 pm

These guys have a lot of cool stuff for the Glocks.
http://www.glockmeister.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Finch

Post by Finch » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:15 pm

you're playing with fire messing with any of the internals

they are all but unstoppable out of the box if the recoil spring wares out get a new one when that happens.

Otherwise you are only going to make it less reliable

I would recommend a nice set of night sights I have Trijicons on my 19 and 26
NRA XTC High Master
CMP Distinguished Rifleman

my blog: GarandThumb.com

Kutter_0311
Favorite Zombie Movies: too many to get into...

Post by Kutter_0311 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:41 pm

KentsOkay wrote:The only mod on the only Glock I'd ever own would be a Lone Wolf slide for 10mm, maybe a barrel. I'm pretty sure the consensus with glocks is "Dont Fuck with Them"
Finch wrote:you're playing with fire... you are only going to make it less reliable... DON'T FUCK WITH THEM.
I understand your curiosity, but unless your plan for world domination hinges on the "perfect" Glock trigger pull, JUST DON'T FUCK WITH THEM!

You know we love you. That's why we're being honest.
JAYNE COBB wrote: Well, what you plan and what takes place ain't ever exactly been similar.
TravisM.1 wrote:If a rifle is an option, a rifle is usually the answer.
minengr wrote:I've said it numerous times, a quality rig is only as good as it's weakest link. Which usually is the nut behind the butt.

nyarlotep
Favorite Zombie Movies: I don't think I've seen one. Not a big fan of the horror genre.

Post by nyarlotep » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:32 am

My 19 is bone stock and works fine. I'd consider adding night sights, and perhaps a steel or tungsten guide rod, but the rest of it works well for me. Check out glocktalk.com for more info. I don't like it there personally, too many abrasive people, but there's some good information to be found.
God was my co-pilot, but our plane crashed in the mountains and I ate him.

In theory, there's no difference between practice and theory. In practice, there is.
- Cigarman

AKFTW
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead (remake), Land of the Dead, 28 Days Later, and Zombieland!

Post by AKFTW » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:20 am

I love my Glock 17K (grip-chopped 17). It's the best of both the 17 and the 19 and carries very well, great balance. Still on my list of mods are a steel rear sight, tritium front sight, and maritime spring cups (cause I can :mrgreen: ). I was going to change out the stock connector, but after shooting nearly 2,000 rounds through it and at least ten times that in dry firing in the past month or so I've had it, I have grown to like the standard connector and don't intend to change it.

docdredd wrote:those pandas need to harden the fuck up

Blood_Moon

Post by Blood_Moon » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:55 am

I have a G22 and am inclined to agree. Only mods mine has are the night sights and a sweet stippling job. The stippling is something that you can do yourself (I didn't, a guy on the department did it for me for $25), but I suggest practicing on a pmag or something because you are essentially deforming the grip with a soldering iron, and if you screw up... well lets just hope you don't! :lol:
Cease your flatulent winds and listen to my mind numbing expulsions of wicked noise! GRRRR!! Cheese!! - Happy Noodle Boy

USMCSergeant

Post by USMCSergeant » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:17 am

On any of my Glocks the only mods I have done are adding night sights and polishing a barrel, which is only for looks. Lots of people seem to want to change the trigger feel, one of the biggest complaints on Glocks it seems. I don't mind the factory trigger myself so I don't fuck with it.

Unorthodox
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Unorthodox » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:25 am

Some peoples put in a NY1 Trigger Spring and the 3.5# Connector.

All glock OEM parts, but what it does is remove that 'brick wall' you hit when taking up the slack on switch.

Some people like that smoothness, some don't. I prefer the stock Glock trigger
ImageImage
I load my gatteries in my assault clips for my AR-15 battle rifle. | Avatar By Nyssa

Equuleus

Glock modifications

Post by Equuleus » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:49 am

Unorthodox wrote:Some peoples put in a NY1 Trigger Spring and the 3.5# Connector.

All glock OEM parts, but what it does is remove that 'brick wall' you hit when taking up the slack on switch.

Some people like that smoothness, some don't. I prefer the stock Glock trigger
Thanks Unorthodox! This is more along the lines what I was looking for. I want to know what these part changes do to the gun/trigger feel.

Colt Fan
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead(1979)
Dawn of the Dead(2003)
Resident Evil: Apocalypse

Post by Colt Fan » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:55 pm

IMO...the only things to be done to a Glock are night sites (I like Trijicons) and maybe a frame plug.
"Here's a lockpick. It might come in handy if you - the master of unlocking - take it with you."

mr. right-wing

Post by mr. right-wing » Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:20 am

29 with 4.5 Factory connector, smooth 20/21 style trigger, custom stippling, and polished factory internals. Besides Trijicons and MAYBE a CT LaserGuard not touching internals on a Glock besides factory.
R.I.P HK33K

zengunfighter

Post by zengunfighter » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:15 am

I have 3, a 19, 23 and a 26. They all have over 50k rounds through them. the 19 and 23 get used heavily as student loaner guns. The 26 has been my EDC for over a decade.

The most important mod is sights. the plastics ones don't hold up. Absolute best, hands down are Tru-Glo's TFO's Tritium Fiber Optic, bright in any light, the fiber optics grab your attention for snap shooting yet there is a 'traditional' sight profile for precision shooting.

I really like the Glock 3.5 pound connector. Haven't seen any reliability issues. But then, it IS made by Glock....

I've also done grip reductions on all three. I think that is a very worthwhile mod, but it does void the warranty.

Change out the recoil spring with a factory replacement every 3-5000 rounds and you are GTG
Disciplina Remunenor Fidelis!

http://www.youtube.com/vigunfighter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

iridium

Post by iridium » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:35 pm

I own a whole boatload of glocks.. some are for carry and serious social work and some are just range fun. For the serious defensive stuff, I keep them stock. I add an extended slide release and nightsights and the "25 cent trigger job" but thats about it.

Better to spend money on ammo and practice/training than mess up what works great to start with.

Black Mantis

Post by Black Mantis » Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:13 am

3.5lb connector, grip decals, extended slide stop, night sights, extended take down tab, extended magazine release. I'd like the internals polished up some day but other than that it's perfect and I like it a lot more than stock.

Kommander

Post by Kommander » Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:43 am

IF I owned a Glock I would have the finger groves on the frontstrap removed so it fit my hand better, but I found it easier to just buy a different gun.[/i]
Last edited by Kommander on Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Why must all the hoops be on fire?

AKFTW
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead (remake), Land of the Dead, 28 Days Later, and Zombieland!

Post by AKFTW » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:49 pm

Just a note on trigger-related modifications. I was at a steel challenge match today at the Sig Academy, ammo was provided. It was "PrecisionAmmo" brand 124g FMJs in 9mm, and our team's 3 Glock 34s with trigger jobs and 3.5 connectors all choked on it, getting light primer strikes constantly, while my Glock 17 with all factory parts ran them just fine. If you are doing any internal modifications you'd better be sure it won't, or accept the possibility that your mods may decrease reliability.
docdredd wrote:those pandas need to harden the fuck up

tonytwotimes

Post by tonytwotimes » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:31 am

You should put a sweet gangsta punisher logo on it OT your question has more to do with internals it seems but a wttw, I've heard of Glock slide cover plates and such from ebay being crappy plastic and not fitting right. Any mod you plan for any gun should have a healthy amount of googling behind it.
Distance is a very good indicator of disdain

E

Post by E » Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:56 pm

The only thing i've had a desire to do to my glock is an extended slide release, perhaps an extended magazine release, as I have small hands

Other than that, and night sights, i wouldn't change it. it works
"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for."

Once you dread potential danger
You are bound by fear...
Fear is the only enemy.
Face the enemy

agent-smith

Post by agent-smith » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:09 pm

On my G34 I replaced the "extended" slide release with the "standard" one; the others are stock.
CATCH PHRASE!!!!!

skeet

Post by skeet » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:51 pm

CT Lightguard. I love mine.

Return to “Handguns”