1911 mags can be modified to fit in the Hi-Point 4595TS

Handgun, Pistol and Revolver topics

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Anlushac11

1911 mags can be modified to fit in the Hi-Point 4595TS

Post by Anlushac11 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:14 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9VXNvcSO9A

Seems you need to modify and create a tab to let the 1911 magazine work in the Hi-Point pistol.

IIRC Hi-Point uses same magazine on pistol and carbine which leads me to...

A 40 round drum magazine for the 1911? (Crap anyone besides Promag? )

That gives a potential for a Hi-Point 45cal carbine with 40 rounds of magazine capacity? Lots of Zombie stopping power there.
"We are Rangers.
We walk in the dark places no others will enter.
We stand on the bridge, and no one may pass.
We live for the One, we die for the One."

1984 Dodge B150, SL6, 4spd, camper interior, stock roof height. Daily driver and bug out vehicle.

Stercutus

Re: 1911 mags can be modified to fit in the Hi-Point 4595TS

Post by Stercutus » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:29 am

Good to know. My second gun purchase on return will be the Hi-Point 4595TS. I will put it right next to the 995. The prices should have dropped off the crazy gun broker prices by then:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =187625868" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

At that price I can almost get a Marlin Camp. I am thinking a price point closer to $250 or less is more in line with the HiPoint quality.
You go 'round and around it
You go over and under
I go through

KentsOkay
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead

Post by KentsOkay » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:52 am

I dunno if I'd trust a Hi-Point for that many rounds that fast....
0122358 wrote:so we moved a thread to maintain OPSEC on a fictional vid game so our team doesnt get kill as easily by possible spies...fuckin sweet

Unofficial FB for ZSC XXX http://www.facebook.com/groups/156431031119773

Anlushac11

Post by Anlushac11 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:05 pm

Doesnt look like the 40 round mag will fit at least not without modifying the base. Seems the 1911 mags sit deep inside the handle, the plastic bit at the top of the drum is expected to interfere with the magazine seating properly.

Largest extended mag for 1911 I have seen yet is 12 rounds...still looking.
"We are Rangers.
We walk in the dark places no others will enter.
We stand on the bridge, and no one may pass.
We live for the One, we die for the One."

1984 Dodge B150, SL6, 4spd, camper interior, stock roof height. Daily driver and bug out vehicle.

doc66

Post by doc66 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:54 pm

Anlushac11 wrote:Doesnt look like the 40 round mag will fit at least not without modifying the base. Seems the 1911 mags sit deep inside the handle, the plastic bit at the top of the drum is expected to interfere with the magazine seating properly.

Check Triple K. They used to make 15 and 20 round extended mags for the 1911.
http://www.milcopptactical.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:07 am

Actually there was a 50 round stick. I have not seen one new since shortly after the 92' ban. Sometimes you see them in the back of Shotgun News. Terrible functioning because of the weight of the rounds was too much for a fully loaded mag to be reliable.
You go over and under
I go through

Aikibiker

Post by Aikibiker » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:33 pm

I would like to know if the mag will still work with a 1911 after the modification. It would make the Hi Point Carbine ar very attractive trunk gun for anyone that CCWs a 1911 on a daily basis if the magazines interchanged freely.

I have always wondered why Hi Point doesn't make a hi-cap version of their carbines using magazines from popular CCW weapons. An inexpensive .40 carbine that takes Glock or M&P magazines (with a grip short enough to use the magazines from the compact models) would probably sell quite well in some circles.

Joel

Yes a Spartan hoplite trained for battle since he could walk, backed by 299 other Spartans, and lead by a military genius can hold off any number of zombies armed with spear, shield, and sword. However your couch-potato, asthmatic, gets in a car to drive to the corner store lazy ass can't. Deal with it.

mattdcknsn

Post by mattdcknsn » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:45 pm

Aikibiker wrote:I have always wondered why Hi Point doesn't make a hi-cap version of their carbines using magazines from popular CCW weapons. An inexpensive .40 carbine that takes Glock or M&P magazines (with a grip short enough to use the magazines from the compact models) would probably sell quite well in some circles.
From what I've read and heard (nothing reliable) is that the company does not want to get their firearms classified as an assault weapon. So they max the magazine's at 10. I agree with you, even if they offered a 15 round mag it would make it so much more fun.
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." -Thomas Jefferson

Big B
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, Shawn of the Dead, Army of Darkness, Zombieland, Dawn of the Dead, Etc

Post by Big B » Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:02 pm

Aikibiker wrote:I would like to know if the mag will still work with a 1911 after the modification. It would make the Hi Point Carbine ar very attractive trunk gun for anyone that CCWs a 1911 on a daily basis if the magazines interchanged freely.
Big plus one!
If modified 1911 mags reliably function in the Hi-Point Carbine AND my 1911's I would totally buy a Hi-Point 4595TS! I should add I wouldn't want to pay more than $250-300 for one though :wink:
Aikibiker wrote:I have always wondered why Hi Point doesn't make a hi-cap version of their carbines using magazines from popular CCW weapons. An inexpensive .40 carbine that takes Glock or M&P magazines (with a grip short enough to use the magazines from the compact models) would probably sell quite well in some circles.
I brought this point up in another thread not too long ago. IMHO Hi-Point would sell a lot of carbines if the made versions that accepted mags from Glock, Sig, H&K, Springfield, etc..... as long as they keep the prices reasonable. I would probably get one for the wife to use with her Glock.

ultra magnus

Post by ultra magnus » Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:18 pm

Anlushac11 wrote:Doesnt look like the 40 round mag will fit at least not without modifying the base. Seems the 1911 mags sit deep inside the handle, the plastic bit at the top of the drum is expected to interfere with the magazine seating properly.

Should just be able to cut down the grip like they do with the Keltek Sub2K. The Highpoint carbines are neat little blasters when you can find them at reasonable prices, but the ones I always seem to find are expensive enough that you could get a Sub2k which seems to be a better choice if they are the same price.

Jeriah
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Original Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead 04, and 28 Days Later are my top three, in that order.

Post by Jeriah » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:15 pm

Redesigning the Hi-Point to feed from double-stack mags would be basically a ground-up redesign. Single-stack and double-stack mags feed differently, so you can't just jam a double-stack mag into a Hi-Point and expect it to work. The reason, I've heard, that the single-stack AKs can be reamed out to take double-stack mags is that the AK was originally a double-stack design, so the neutered ones can be converted back easily. The Hi-Point has always been single-stack so this wouldn't work.

Redesigning it to accept 1911 mags should be easy as hell, however. As would be redesigning the 9mm model to feed from a common 9mm single-stack magazine.

Aikibiker

Post by Aikibiker » Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:07 pm

Jeriah wrote:Redesigning the Hi-Point to feed from double-stack mags would be basically a ground-up redesign. Single-stack and double-stack mags feed differently, so you can't just jam a double-stack mag into a Hi-Point and expect it to work. The reason, I've heard, that the single-stack AKs can be reamed out to take double-stack mags is that the AK was originally a double-stack design, so the neutered ones can be converted back easily. The Hi-Point has always been single-stack so this wouldn't work.

Redesigning it to accept 1911 mags should be easy as hell, however. As would be redesigning the 9mm model to feed from a common 9mm single-stack magazine.

That is only true for rifle magazines which alternate feeding from the right and left hand side of the magazine. This makes double feed ramps or an exceptionally large ramp that allows rounds to funnel in from either side. Handgun magazines tend to feed from the center whether they are single or double stack. This allows pistols to with such a magazine to have a single small feed ramp funnel rounds up from teh bottom center position of the ramp.

Joel

Yes a Spartan hoplite trained for battle since he could walk, backed by 299 other Spartans, and lead by a military genius can hold off any number of zombies armed with spear, shield, and sword. However your couch-potato, asthmatic, gets in a car to drive to the corner store lazy ass can't. Deal with it.

doc66

Post by doc66 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:46 pm

Aikibiker wrote:I would like to know if the mag will still work with a 1911 after the modification. It would make the Hi Point Carbine ar very attractive trunk gun for anyone that CCWs a 1911 on a daily basis if the magazines interchanged freely.

I have always wondered why Hi Point doesn't make a hi-cap version of their carbines using magazines from popular CCW weapons. An inexpensive .40 carbine that takes Glock or M&P magazines (with a grip short enough to use the magazines from the compact models) would probably sell quite well in some circles.
Since the factory is about two miles from my front door, I'll answer this one; you have to pay the company for the trademark rights to use their magazine design. When Hi-Point/Stallard Arms was starting out, it was less expensive for them to design their own magazine to keep costs down than to use an existing magazine and pay Smith and Wesson or Beretta their cut. They've just kind of kept with that trend to keep the cost of the firearm affordable. Now why they don't just use a 1911 mag, which is pretty much universal, I'm not sure. But at the time they were starting out, the factory rep gave me this explanation (they were also only producing a 9mm handgun at the time).

That's the reason I was given. Take it for what you will.
http://www.milcopptactical.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Absintheur
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Let's just say I have never seen one I didn't like!

Post by Absintheur » Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:54 am

Most of the hi cap single stack 1911 mags out there had functioning problems, see them having FTF's constantly at the competitions at our range. I have only seen one of the Pro Mag drums...didn't work in the 4 1911's we tried it in and it wouldn't feed in a Marlin Camp rifle either. Only high cap mag I have seen that works consistently is the Taylor Mk II. It is a 28 round drum made in the 70's. If you can find one for sale ( good luck there) expect to pay a high premium for it.

"I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend." -- J.R.R.Tolkien

Jeriah
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Original Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead 04, and 28 Days Later are my top three, in that order.

Post by Jeriah » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:36 am

Absintheur wrote:Most of the hi cap single stack 1911 mags out there had functioning problems, see them having FTF's constantly at the competitions at our range. I have only seen one of the Pro Mag drums...didn't work in the 4 1911's we tried it in and it wouldn't feed in a Marlin Camp rifle either. Only high cap mag I have seen that works consistently is the Taylor Mk II. It is a 28 round drum made in the 70's. If you can find one for sale ( good luck there) expect to pay a high premium for it.

Wow, that's hot though.

Absintheur
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Let's just say I have never seen one I didn't like!

Post by Absintheur » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:04 pm

It gets used mainly in my Mech Tech Conversion. I am almost surprised no one has geared up to make these again.
"I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend." -- J.R.R.Tolkien

run faster

Post by run faster » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:36 pm

so its been almost two years and theres still no development in this is there?

Valarius
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead and many of Romero's films.

Post by Valarius » Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:16 pm

Heh. It's now 2016 and there's still no development in this thread.
See you around, HK. And remember folks: victory is surviving to watch another sunrise.

My female avatar is Saeko Busujima from High School Of The Dead. I'm a dude. :mrgreen:

Homeless survival techniques.

flybynight

Post by flybynight » Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:40 pm

Well I read about these guys , earlier in the year http://redballsports.net/index.html

But only in 9mm
Not all those who wander are lost

John Titor was right <--- :ohdear: Way past the point of going gray man. See you on the other side ( or not :wink: )

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:44 pm

Never did buy that HiPoint. Kind of gave up on PCCs when the .300BO came into my life. I think Jeriah's membership expired too.
You go over and under
I go through

Mad Mike
Favorite Zombie Movies: the walking dead & world war Z

Post by Mad Mike » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:22 pm

Stercutus wrote:Never did buy that HiPoint. Kind of gave up on PCCs when the .300BO came into my life. I think Jeriah's membership expired too.

Maybe the zombies over ran his position??? :wink:

yossarian
Favorite Zombie Movies: Army of Darkness, Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead(remake)

Post by yossarian » Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:00 pm

Mad Mike wrote:
Stercutus wrote:Never did buy that HiPoint. Kind of gave up on PCCs when the .300BO came into my life. I think Jeriah's membership expired too.

That would have been a better end☹️
" So, brave knights,
if you do doubt your courage or your strength, come no further,
for death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth."

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:31 pm

Mad Mike wrote:

Could be, we will never know for certain.

It would be nice if someone would take that avatar down. I mean I get what he was going for but I get tired of seeing it.
You go over and under
I go through

Mad Mike
Favorite Zombie Movies: the walking dead & world war Z

Post by Mad Mike » Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:40 pm

I suspect I'll regret this, but how does a lifetime membership expire?

Return to “Handguns”