1911 question

Post by olbaid_dratsab » Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:43 pm

This is what I have;
RIA Fullsize 9mm.

This is what I want;
Flaired magwell, blued.

This is what i know;
nothing.

I'm not too up to date on 1911s. Before I drop 80-90 bones on a new mainspringhouseing/magwell, could someone maybe recomend which one to buy? Where to order from? I was lookign at Brownells, but I don't trust myself too much. I get confused on the govt/commander/officer things.

I also have VZ slim grips on mine too, so it needs to be flush with those.

Thanks for your time.

edit-I don't want one of the big assed ones seen on open guns. I'm looking at the magwells that look almost like they are part of the grip.
Hellow fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you. Thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What?. Taxes. They'll be lower son. The Democratic vote for me is right thing to do, Philadeplhia. So do.

Chef
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Whatever that one with Bruce Campbell in it was

Re: 1911 question

Post by Chef » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:05 pm

IIRC, Smith & Alexander makes a nice magwell/mainspring housing.
Orville Wright did not have a pilot's license.

Matt E.

Post by Matt E. » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:50 pm

Wilson makes one that slides on the bushings and is kept on the with the grip panels. You don't have to modifiy or change anything. You only have to take off the grips, pop it on, then replace the grips. There may be a gap at the bottom of the grip panels, but this won't effect the operation in anyway.
"...And you would probably wind up with one of those souvenir miniature bats, because that is the kind of thing that happens when untrained people pick out unfamiliar equipment based on what "feels" right."

Nesrath

Post by Nesrath » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:14 pm

Chef wrote:IIRC, Smith & Alexander makes a nice magwell/mainspring housing.
What Chef said. Get the Smith & Alexander magwell. There are fitting instructions on YouTube. I did one for a freind and it is easy to do, and difficult to FUBAR it up. Then down the road when you get some money burning a hole in your pocket take it to a smith and have him/her blend the magwell into the frame.
Front Offensive Line of SpamWar 6/10:Axis of Oxycontin8878
Biggin wrote:I still want to see this.... I mean, a dude weeping and fapping in the wild? Awesome.
Vicarious_Lee wrote:Nim I actually just did that, and all I can say is that my right hand makes an even shittier ACOG than it does a vagina.
LEO/EMT-B/TEMS

Haji
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Resident Evil 1,2, and 3, and the Samuel scene from Diary of the Dead. I'm working my way through the worst of them of late, too.

Post by Haji » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:30 am

Since RIA parts are known to vary, the Wilson Combat 188 is a smarter choice. It's also only $29.00 MSRP.
http://shopwilsoncombat.com/Magazine-We ... info/188B/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Smith & Alexander part is almost $80. I have both, the SA on my Springfield and the Wilson on my Kimber. The S&A part is awesome, and since it's been fitted to that pistol it looks amazing. That pistol has about a thousand dollars of custom work on it. The Kimber with the Wilson part only cost me the part and shipping, and in the end, they function very, very similarly. The S&A I've had for 15 years, the Wilson for probably 13. Get the Wilson 188B.
I don't carry a gun in case I get in a gun fight. I carry a gun because I don't want to miss the opportunity to get in a gun fight. - Officer Timmy

http://www.atstacticalgear.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Raydarkhorse

Post by Raydarkhorse » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:47 am

Save your money or buy more magazines and ammo. I have had weapons with and without flared mag wells and the best thing you can do is practice loading and dropping mags. Practice and know your weapon it's way cheaper.

olbaid_dratsab

Post by olbaid_dratsab » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:50 am

Just ordered the Wilson magwell. Thanks.
Hellow fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you. Thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What?. Taxes. They'll be lower son. The Democratic vote for me is right thing to do, Philadeplhia. So do.

Return to “Handguns”