what cheap handguns do you have a high opinion off?

Handgun, Pistol and Revolver topics

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Erik

Re: what cheap handguns do you have a high opinion off?

Post by Erik » Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:10 pm

Or the gun has been used to death.

Hunkabilly
Favorite Zombie Movies: Original Night Of The Living Dead, Original Dawn Of The Dead.

Post by Hunkabilly » Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:11 pm

I'm fond of my Ruger LCP, small enough to fit in my front pocket. And yes I have a Missouri CCW license.
Complacency Kills.

MattZF

Post by MattZF » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:36 pm

I bought a Glock 23 last year new for $525.

Id stay away from cheap pistols because the firepins are standard metal which are prone to rust. Springfield Armory, SIG, smith & wesson, taurus & bretta are the best choices as they all are respected gun company's and they all offer budget guns and they all use stainless steal or titanium firing pins. If u are look for gun for $300 u might should save up a little and add another $75-$150 for the above gun makers and get a "premium" budget pistol they offer....if that makes since.

Don't buy a used gun from a pawn shop. Buy it new so u will have the original papers.

Sent From my ATRIX using Tapatalk

ChristianCompilation

Post by ChristianCompilation » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:07 pm

"Hi Point" meets ur criteria.
All the guns people are mentioning are great, but I'd miss them all is they got ripped-off.
Hi point, although guaranteed for the rest of your life and functions great they are ugly, if someone stole it they'd be doing you a favor. Its Super Cheap, (and ugly)
That's not a reason to leave it unlocked where it could be stolen - even if it does get stolen file a police report (even if you don't want it back) you don't want to be held liable, or accused of anything.

Plus side my wife thinks they look good. Could use it to help new shooters (whom your not sure can handle a more expensive pistol or might drop it from recoil or from being startled) not like a scratch will affect its good looks or function.

Buy a holster, if you think it's ugly too get a flap-holster. "There arms really are good" I'm just attached to all of mine and keeping them safe, and pretty (except for holster scratches) but mine are not cheap either. Some shooting ranges rent assorted arms - you might like it.

When you can't afford or ur just cheap (like me) only thing that really matters is that it goes bang - every-time. Besides would you rather have a good looking. 22, .25 or. 32 or an ugly albeit functional everytime. 9mm

TerryGecko

Post by TerryGecko » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:23 pm

Another vote for a Bersa Thunder. I picked mine up for $150 and love it.
Violent Torpedo of Truth

Return to “Handguns”