IWI Jericho

Handgun, Pistol and Revolver topics

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

lailr
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, I am Legend, Dawn of the Dead (original and remake)

IWI Jericho

Post by lailr » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:44 am

Anyone have any experience with one of these? Been looking around a little, and they seem similar to a CZ. Didn't know if they were worth the money

boskone

Re: IWI Jericho

Post by boskone » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:59 pm

Dad's got one. It's not a service pistol or anything like that, though, just something he throws in the console of his truck or glovebox of his cart sometimes when he's in the pasture.

The SA trigger pull's OK, DA's heavy. The gun's kinda heavy. Accuracy and reliability were unremarkable (it shoots as well as I ever do, and he's never had problems with it). They're bulky. Finding parts, holsters, etc can be a pain.

If I were shopping for a full-size pistol, all else equal I'd probably steer away from one. They're kinda rare, and just not really standout. If you get a good deal on it, though, it's a perfectly functional gun.

emclean
Favorite Zombie Movies: Fido
Zombieland

Post by emclean » Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:41 am

would you consider $350 for a satin nickel finish Jericho a good deal?

classic firearms has them for that.

lailr
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, I am Legend, Dawn of the Dead (original and remake)

Post by lailr » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:44 pm

I have Glocks, Smiths, Kahrs, a Deagle, and a one Rock Island 1911, so I'm not hurting for a SA handgun, just don't have any CZ's, and heard they were very similar. Thanks!

JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Twilight... making zombies of our future generations

Post by JeeperCreeper » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:44 pm

I love them. Not sure how familiar you are with their history, but it can be a little complicated like all CZ75 clones.

From what I remember, they were built off of Tanfoglio tooling, so a clone of a clone. Originally IMI manufacturing, then changed names to IWI for Jericho and Baby Uzi (I think). But also Magnum Research imported versions made by Bul, named Baby Eagle. Now Bul is importing their own Cherokee line as well.

All are great, all my versions run on CZ75 mecgar mags as well which is a bonus.

Polymer or steel framed, slide or frame safety, compact, mid, or full size... Plenty of options.

No CZ trigger slap either. Mine shoot phenomenally accurately. Never an issue with reliability, like most modern guns.
They see me trollin', they hatin'.... keyboardin' tryna catch me typin' dirty
Halfapint wrote:There are some exceptions like myself and jeepercreeper.... but we are the forum asshats. We protect our positions with gusto
zero11010 wrote:The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by JeeperCreeper » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:46 pm

Halfapint wrote:There are some exceptions like myself and jeepercreeper.... but we are the forum asshats. We protect our positions with gusto

lailr

Post by lailr » Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:34 pm

Thanks! Like I said, I've been eyeballing them online, and wondering if I can get one, while simultaneously staying out of the doghouse

yossarian
Favorite Zombie Movies: Army of Darkness, Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead(remake)

Post by yossarian » Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:16 am

If you like it and can afford it, just get it. Milsurp and foreign LEO trade-ins generally come in by the boat load, dirt cheap to start out. Supply diminishes and price increases. Apparently it can take Mec-gar CZ mags. That's the icing on the cake.
" So, brave knights,
if you do doubt your courage or your strength, come no further,
for death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth."

JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by JeeperCreeper » Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:24 am

I think the "new" Bul Cherokee is around $350 according to press releases, but I haven't seen one in person (that is, I haven't seen the Bul Cherokee, not the exact same Baby Eagle).

And if you really wanna be on a budget, there's also the Turkish clones that I think I mention in every pistol thread haha. The Canik/TriStar have one similar to the Jericho.

Or like others said, snag a surplus one from AIM surplus.

JF89
Favorite Zombie Movies: Fido , Dead Set (tv show) ,28 days/weeks later.

Post by JF89 » Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:03 pm

Good quality gun, way overbuilt and underated. It's steel but built like an HK. Trigger was sub par but better than a stock CZ. The machining is far nicer than stock CZs. It's built like a a Gucci gun and very slick , Also it reminds me of Cowboy Bebop.

lailr

Post by lailr » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:25 pm

JF89 wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:03 pm
Good quality gun, way overbuilt and underated. It's steel but built like an HK. Trigger was sub par but better than a stock CZ. The machining is far nicer than stock CZs. It's built like a a Gucci gun and very slick , Also it reminds me of Cowboy Bebop.
Thanks!

Return to “Handguns”