Little old lady needs a concealed carry .380?

Handgun, Pistol and Revolver topics

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

RunNhyd18
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland, Deadsnow

Re: Little old lady needs a concealed carry .380?

Post by RunNhyd18 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:04 am

Hi Point c9! 9mm for $159.99, BRAND NEW! best gun for the money.
This is a Hi Point 9mm, cheapest handgun known to man. Maybe it will fire, maybe it won't. So, you gotta ask yourself one question, do you feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

91Eunozs
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: All of them!

Re: Little old lady needs a concealed carry .380?

Post by 91Eunozs » Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:30 pm

I’ll add just one bit of advice I always give in this type situation... take her to a range that has a good selection of rentals and find out what she likes and can shoot well.

And get a professional instructor who doesn’t know her if that’s an option for you.

When my buddy does his “wives and girlfriends” handgun class out at his ranch, he literally brings two huge suitcases full of pistols...in addition to whatever the ladies bring with them. Everything from a 50 Desert Eagle and a couple flavors of .44 magnums, down to .22LR derringers, and almost everything imaginable in between. We have to provide the ammo and clean whatever they shoot of course!

You’d be surprised at the variety of what the ladies choose for themselves after trying diffrent guns when they’re not subjected to “advice” from their significant others.

My buddy has an extremely extensive collection, and without going into detail will simply say he has a very extensive resume as a professional shooter on the two-way range. His only hard rule (other than the basic safety rules of course) when we do these classes is that all the guys have to depart the fix...he wants nothing that would limit the student’s willingness to ask questions or not participate because they don’t want to “look stupid” in front of their spouse.

One of the best things I did for my wife was to get her a couple hours of professional 1:1 instruction at a range after she’d mastered the fundamentals. She’s always been a safe shooter, but unless training for competition we often overlook things like reloads, different presentation forms, etc.
Molon Latte...come & take our coffee order
Doctorr Fabulous wrote:... It's fun to play pretend, but this is the internet, and it's time to be serious.
zengunfighter wrote:... you don't want to blow a tranny in the middle of a pursuit...
woodsghost wrote:... A defensive gun without training is basically a talisman. It might ward off evil, but I wouldn't count on it.

Return to “Handguns”