Glock Question?

Handgun, Pistol and Revolver topics

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

moab

Glock Question?

Post by moab » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:23 pm

I have an old maybe Glock 32 Gen 2. So it's missing the attachment grooves under the front. Can I swap out another newer lower (Gen 3?), on my Glock 32 Gen 2, so that it will have the grooves?

If so, from where?
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

wagdhead

Re: Glock Question?

Post by wagdhead » Wed May 02, 2018 2:00 pm

Contact Glock directly and ask about a frame swap (they used to do it). For a Gen 2 they can only do a Gen 3 frame due to the guide rod size. They email you a form, you send it back, they send the new frame to you local FFL. Several years ago it cost $100 for the swap plus the FFL fee.
The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.
H. L. Mencken

moab

Post by moab » Wed May 02, 2018 2:35 pm

wagdhead wrote:Contact Glock directly and ask about a frame swap (they used to do it). For a Gen 2 they can only do a Gen 3 frame due to the guide rod size. They email you a form, you send it back, they send the new frame to you local FFL. Several years ago it cost $100 for the swap plus the FFL fee.
$100? That's doable. Thank you.

If i added the gen 3 frame could I then add a 9mm barrel and use it as both a .357 sig and 9mm?
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

RonnyRonin
Favorite Zombie Movies: zombieland wasn't bad, but shaun started it for me.

Post by RonnyRonin » Wed May 02, 2018 6:39 pm

Another option might be aftermarket frames like the Timberwolf. I don't know if they have different frames for different gens but they should spell it out pretty clearly. Polymer 80 might be an option as well, and a way to avoid the FFL hassles of either the factory frame or the timberwolf.
share your tobacco and your kindling, but never your sauna or your woman.

AK, Glock, Pie.

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Thu May 03, 2018 6:41 am

moab wrote:
wagdhead wrote:Contact Glock directly and ask about a frame swap (they used to do it). For a Gen 2 they can only do a Gen 3 frame due to the guide rod size. They email you a form, you send it back, they send the new frame to you local FFL. Several years ago it cost $100 for the swap plus the FFL fee.
$100? That's doable. Thank you.

If i added the gen 3 frame could I then add a 9mm barrel and use it as both a .357 sig and 9mm?
Should, also .40 although you will need a .40 magazine for .357 or .40.
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be rememberèd—
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother

Return to “Handguns”