do you have a definition of what's "good enough"?

Handgun, Pistol and Revolver topics

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

teotwaki
ZS Member
ZS Member

Re: do you have a definition of what's "good enough"?

Post by teotwaki » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:04 am

longy wrote:Mine is to toss up a soda can with whichever hand will clear your concealing garment, make that ccw draw and (reliably) hit the can in midair. The distance from muzzle to gun will be at most 6 ft, but that's the same thing as hitting a man at 8 yds, since he's 10" wide and the can's 2.5" wide. Similarly with the rifle, start with the riflebutt on your hip, safey engaged, finger outside of the trigger guard, , toss up TWO soda cans, and hit both in midair. If you can do that (reliably) you can hit dodging, cover using men as far away as anyone else can. Airsoft guns will teach you to do this, quickly, safely and cheaply.
It's a scientific fact you cannot rapid fire and hit those two cans without a .22lr adaptor and a silencer. I read it here on the forum ya know.
My adventures and pictures are on my blog http://suntothenorth.blogspot.com

flybynight

Post by flybynight » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:07 am

As of now I bet you got me wrong

John Titor was right

Zimmy
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days later, Return of the Living Dead

Post by Zimmy » Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:08 am

I'm a dang good snap shooter with a pistol and can usually hit 6" steel at 7 yards with spinning quick draw type foolishness. Maybe 30% accuracy! I'm thinking I maybe a badass

I'm a double dang good shotgunner with a reliable 20/25 dove ratio out of my old full choke 16ga Sportsman '48.

I've done good with carbines and pistols in live fire house clearance training and stuff.

But I can't hit anything I just throw up in the air like a can or bottle. I can score 0/25 easy, I'm sure.

I'm a failure. Why didn't anyone tell me all those thousands of hours and dollars ago??
Boldly going nowhere

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:26 am

It's ok Zimmy, the troll had to reduce your ego to build his.

I should point out that:

1. Shooting at items thrown in the air with a center fire pistol cartridge is stupid, reckless, dangerous and depending upon your situation might show an illegal and depraved disregard for the safety of your fellow man.

And

2. No federal, state or local law enforcement agency or military on any country on the planet or in the solar system (probably galaxy more like) uses this technique to find out if anything is "good enough" for anything. Most likely because it is stupid, reckless and dangerous.

But hey "Soda bath!"
You go 'round and around it
You go over and under
I go through

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:52 am

of course they dont. For the same reason that you dont. It requires a daunting level of speed and and accuracy.

Actually they don't do it for the same reason I don't do it.

Because it is stupid.
You go 'round and around it
You go over and under
I go through

teotwaki
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by teotwaki » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:39 am

longy wrote:of course they dont. For the same reason that you dont. It requires a daunting level of speed and and accuracy. But if you could read, you'd see that I say to try it with airsoft. Thats' 1/2 c per shot and you can borrow the gun. You have to be able to coordinate both the throwing and the shooting and you have to be really quick about the mounting of the gun, cause you've only got a bit over 1 second to do it all once the can leaves your hand. If you can't do it with airsoft, where you can see the projectile, no noise, no lethality, you can't do it with live ammo. Airsoft saves the range trip. I can teach any decent gun handler to do this in a day, both pistol and rifle. :-) Most of the difficulty lies in the tossing of the can. I could talk this or that on an electronic shooting timer, but you're way too cheap to buy one of those, so I chose the soda can method. You can also do it with primer-only wax bullet loads, but you're way too lazy to do all that work.

taipan821

Post by taipan821 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:59 am

Do I have a definition of good enough....yeah, good enough is someone who can shoot the bad guy without killing/maiming/being a pain in the arse for everyone else.

but hey, do your trick shot...more business for me.

and by the way...this original poster is why the world is scared of americans with guns, just saying :wink:
Tropical Cyclone Ita: Category 5 landfall 2014
Tropical Cyclone Marcia: Category 5 landfall 2015
Tropical Cyclone Nathan: Category 3 landfall 2015
Severe Tropical Cyclone Debbie: Category 4 landfall 2017
Watsonville/Walsh River Bushfire 2018
North Queensland Monsoonal Event 2019
New South Wales Bushfires 2019

flybynight

Post by flybynight » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:20 am

longy wrote:
Stercutus wrote:
of course they dont. For the same reason that you dont. It requires a daunting level of speed and and accuracy.

Actually they don't do it for the same reason I don't do it.

Because it is stupid.

Right, it's stupid to force yourself to look at how inept you KNOW that you are with guns. Better to just continue to keep your head nicely stuffed up your rectum. I could say, "ok, break out the $150 timer that you aint got (and are WAY too cheap to buy) and set up a pair of 10" disk at 10 ft, spread 3 ft apart, edge to edge of the gongs. Start with your back to them,fully ccw'd under a T-shirt, hands at shoulder height. On the beep of the timer, turn and hit each disk, and if you can't do it in 1.5 seconds, you aint worth a hoot". Same thing. The can is a lot easier and cheaper test. But the inept can't stand to be tested, in any manner at all. That's WHY they are inept. They dont want to put in the effort, time and money. So they con themselves into believing that it doesn't matter. And it doesn't, if all you ever do is crawl everywhere, begging to be left alone.

Frankness applauded by supported ye household. Collected favourite now for for and rapturous repulsive consulted. :vmad: An seems green be wrote again. She add what own only like. Tolerably we as extremity exquisite do commanded. Doubtful offended do entrance of landlord moreover is mistress in. Nay was appear entire ladies. Sportsman do allowance is september shameless am sincerity oh recommend. :lol: :lol: :lol: Gate tell man day that who?

John Titor was right

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:24 am

I've had "encounters" involving hostilities and the discharging of firearms several times in my life. I'm still sucking wind. Good enough.
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:29 am

longy wrote:
KJ4VOV wrote:I've had "encounters" involving hostilities and the discharging of firearms several times in my life. I'm still sucking wind. Good enough.
Many people have survived multiple car and motorcycle wrecks (severe ones) too, (including me) by the same way you did the shooting, (most likely) pure luck.
Good enough.
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

91Eunozs
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: All of them!

Post by 91Eunozs » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:39 am

teotwaki wrote:
longy wrote: :words: :words: :words:

:lol:

Oh please God (or mods) please attach that to his login/avatar before banning!
Molon Latte...come & take our coffee order
Doctorr Fabulous wrote:... It's fun to play pretend, but this is the internet, and it's time to be serious.
zengunfighter wrote:... you don't want to blow a tranny in the middle of a pursuit...
woodsghost wrote:... A defensive gun without training is basically a talisman. It might ward off evil, but I wouldn't count on it.

teotwaki
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by teotwaki » Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:47 pm

Oh the irony! The mods are toying with my fragile ego!

I also own this banned Longy-Zantra thread!

(yes, I know it is just the mechanics of the forum after Longy's account was deleted)

flybynight

Post by flybynight » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:32 pm

teotwaki wrote:Oh the irony! The mods are toying with my fragile ego!

I also own this banned Longy-Zantra thread!

(yes, I know it is just the mechanics of the forum after Longy's account was deleted)

John Titor was right

Return to “Handguns”