So my wife bought me a EAA SAR B6P in 9mm...

Handgun, Pistol and Revolver topics

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Beowolf
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead, Aaaaaa Zombies, 28 Days Later

Re: So my wife bought me a EAA SAR B6P in 9mm...

Post by Beowolf » Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:55 pm

Yeah, those mag loader things are AWESOME.

Glad you got more accessories!
The way is shut. It was made by those who are Dead. And the Dead keep it. Until the time comes. The way is shut.
-
Keeper of the ZS Fleet Number thread.
ZS Wiki

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:30 pm

Beowolf wrote:Yeah, those mag loader things are AWESOME.

Glad you got more accessories!
Now I'm looking at a better set of sights for it. It has white dot sights, that glow in the dark (or would, if I somehow carried the weapon with the front sight outside the holster) and I'm thinking a set of fiber optic/tritium sights might be nice. A little pricey at around $110, but could make a real difference in accuracy.
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:44 pm

Well, we figured out today one of the reasons why I can't hit shit, the pistol is hitting about a foot low at just 10 yards. I put a hundred rounds through it at my buddy's place today and had trouble from the git-go. It wasn't until after I'd shot well with his .45 and .38 that we really started looking at how the gun was hitting and found the bullets were passing just under the bottom edge of the target, at 10 yards. Time to invest in some better sights.

I also had a hot case today that somehow wound up on the back of my neck, under my ponytail, leaving two burned spots. The last time I shot this gun I had a hot case land on my shooting hand, just behind the web between thumb and forefinger, now this time under my hair? I swear this pistol likes burning me.

I have no idea how these cases are doing this. On video you see the cases getting ejected perfectly to the right. There was no wind today while I was shooting, and we were outdoors.

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:05 pm

Hmmm... Well, one thing I forgot about when buying this pistol is rails. It has none, and with that polymer frame, I doubt any can be added, which makes the idea of adding a laser or flashlight to this a bit of a problem.

I may have to buy one more pistol. :wink:

Blasphemous

Post by Blasphemous » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:44 am

KJ4VOV wrote:Well, we figured out today one of the reasons why I can't hit shit, the pistol is hitting about a foot low at just 10 yards. I put a hundred rounds through it at my buddy's place today and had trouble from the git-go. It wasn't until after I'd shot well with his .45 and .38 that we really started looking at how the gun was hitting and found the bullets were passing just under the bottom edge of the target, at 10 yards. Time to invest in some better sights.

I also had a hot case today that somehow wound up on the back of my neck, under my ponytail, leaving two burned spots. The last time I shot this gun I had a hot case land on my shooting hand, just behind the web between thumb and forefinger, now this time under my hair? I swear this pistol likes burning me.

I have no idea how these cases are doing this. On video you see the cases getting ejected perfectly to the right. There was no wind today while I was shooting, and we were outdoors.
Maybe you have a fluke in your pistol? Mine hit dead on out of the box and ejects fine.
Veteran of Z-Con 2006-2010

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:07 am

Blasphemous wrote:
KJ4VOV wrote:Well, we figured out today one of the reasons why I can't hit shit, the pistol is hitting about a foot low at just 10 yards. I put a hundred rounds through it at my buddy's place today and had trouble from the git-go. It wasn't until after I'd shot well with his .45 and .38 that we really started looking at how the gun was hitting and found the bullets were passing just under the bottom edge of the target, at 10 yards. Time to invest in some better sights.

Maybe you have a fluke in your pistol? Mine hit dead on out of the box and ejects fine.
Well, we figured out the case issue by videoing me shooting. The spot I was standing at, combined with the Weaver grip I was using had the cases sometimes hitting one of the posts holding up the roof over our shooting positions, and they eject with enough force that when they hit the post they can bounce right back and hit me. Moved to a different shooting position and all is fine now in that respect. As for the sights, it's a mystery to me.

JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Twilight... making zombies of our future generations

Post by JeeperCreeper » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:17 pm

KJ4VOV wrote:Well, we figured out today one of the reasons why I can't hit shit, the pistol is hitting about a foot low at just 10 yards.
My math might be wrong... been a a couple years since I had calculus... but I punched some numbers.

Basically, for a gun to shoot 12 inches low at 10 yards (360 inches), with an estimated sight radius of 7.5 inches (overall length of the B6P is 8.2), that means the front sight would have to be about 1/4 inch higher than the rear sight. That's like a mile in comparison to pistol tolerances.

Not saying that the sights aren't defective, but there may be something else going on with it than the sights. That's a really big drop for pistol irons.
They see me trollin', they hatin'.... keyboardin' tryna catch me typin' dirty
Halfapint wrote:There are some exceptions like myself and jeepercreeper.... but we are the forum asshats. We protect our positions with gusto
zero11010 wrote:The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:24 pm

JeeperCreeper wrote:
KJ4VOV wrote:Well, we figured out today one of the reasons why I can't hit shit, the pistol is hitting about a foot low at just 10 yards.
My math might be wrong... been a a couple years since I had calculus... but I punched some numbers.

Basically, for a gun to shoot 12 inches low at 10 yards (360 inches), with an estimated sight radius of 7.5 inches (overall length of the B6P is 8.2), that means the front sight would have to be about 1/4 inch higher than the rear sight. That's like a mile in comparison to pistol tolerances.

Not saying that the sights aren't defective, but there may be something else going on with it than the sights. That's a really big drop for pistol irons.
I just put another 150 rounds through it, and my wife put 50 through, the first time she's fired the weapon. Her first 5 shots completely missed the bottom edge of a B29 at 25 feet. My wife is a federal officer. She's no stranger to firearms.

Now, deliberately aiming high, I can get some nice groups on the target where I want them, but like I said, I have to deliberately aim high. I'm probably going to put a set of TruGlo TFX Pro sights on it at some point, and we'll see how that goes. Worse comes to worst I'll try match sights on it.

JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Twilight... making zombies of our future generations

Post by JeeperCreeper » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:20 pm

KJ4VOV wrote:
JeeperCreeper wrote:

I just put another 150 rounds through it, and my wife put 50 through, the first time she's fired the weapon. Her first 5 shots completely missed the bottom edge of a B29 at 25 feet. My wife is a federal officer. She's no stranger to firearms.

Now, deliberately aiming high, I can get some nice groups on the target where I want them, but like I said, I have to deliberately aim high. I'm probably going to put a set of TruGlo TFX Pro sights on it at some point, and we'll see how that goes. Worse comes to worst I'll try match sights on it.

Oh. I believe you that it's shooting low and not operator error. I'm just thinking that it may be how the sights are cut or something. Getting one of those cheap laser bullets might help see where the problem is... the ones that look like a 9mm bullet that you put in the chamber. I have one in 5.56 and it makes sighting in my ARs super easy and trouble shooting issues a dream.
They see me trollin', they hatin'.... keyboardin' tryna catch me typin' dirty
Halfapint wrote:There are some exceptions like myself and jeepercreeper.... but we are the forum asshats. We protect our positions with gusto
zero11010 wrote:The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:39 pm

JeeperCreeper wrote: Oh. I believe you that it's shooting low and not operator error. I'm just thinking that it may be how the sights are cut or something. Getting one of those cheap laser bullets might help see where the problem is... the ones that look like a 9mm bullet that you put in the chamber. I have one in 5.56 and it makes sighting in my ARs super easy and troubleshooting issues a dream.
I thought about that and dismissed it because unless you buy one of the more expensive models (in the $50-$100 range) they're pretty much junk. Most are turned wrong, so they're either too loose or too tight in the chamber, the laser modules are often off slightly or poorly focused, and battery life is the pits. One of the last things you want when trying to delicately adjust your sights if feeling like you need to rush because the batteries are dying.

MacAttack

Post by MacAttack » Fri May 05, 2017 11:35 am

These sights should fit your gun.

I wanted adjustable sights on mine and these were the only option short of milling the gun.

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Fri May 05, 2017 12:08 pm

MacAttack wrote:These sights should fit your gun.

I wanted adjustable sights on mine and these were the only option short of milling the gun.
Link?

MacAttack

Post by MacAttack » Sat May 06, 2017 1:31 am

Good Lord I am stupid.

http://www.lpasights.com/

Return to “Handguns”